043.

⚜ Tied By A Child

 19th Chapter, Eunae's POV


           “Come on, Jae.” I groan, “How long does it take you to get ready?” I stand at the bottom of the stairs waiting for him to finish.  I turn away for a split second, greeting Mr. Park who just came inside from the store, and I suddenly feel a pain from the back of my head.  “Oh!?” I hear Jaehyung’s high voice. I scowl and turn around,  “Park Jaehyung!” He laughs as I glare at him.  From the corner of my eyes, I see the soccer ball rolling into the kitchen.  “Sorry, Eunae noona!” He cries while running down the stairs, “I’m ready now.”

           I narrow my eyes at him.  “You’re bringing a soccer ball?” I growl and he nods, “Lu Han hyung says he’ll teach me after the game today!” Jaehyung bounces on his heels.  I knuckle his head and head out of their house without bothering to bring the ball, “Jae, Lu Han’s a soccer player, and you can just use his.” I say but he pouts and pulls me to a stop.  “Noooonaaaa~~” He whines and I immediately spit out, “I’ll buy you ice cream!”

           Almost immediately, he laughs and starts skipping ahead of me.  “Oh my goodness…how do you do it, Miyoung?” I mutter under my breath before shouting, “YAH! Park Jaehyung! Get back here!”


           “Do you think Lu Han and them will win today?” I ask as he hurries to finish his melting ice cream.  He furiously nods his head, “Yeah! They have to! They’re the best!” He exclaims and I flinch at his sudden booming voice.  This kid is so outgoing.

           “Noona! Noona!” Jaehyung suddenly stops just outside the gate.  I hear a commotion inside but turn to Jaehyung, “What now?” My shoulders deflate and I sigh. “Not you…” He whispers but his eyes are locked behind me.  Slowly, I turn and when my eyes catch onto the event happening inside, I freeze.  My heart increases and my body begin to boil as I see Soojung pushing Miyoung to the ground.

           I run inside and hear Jaehyung catching up after me.  “JUNG SOOJUNG!” I shout furiously. Everything stops.  Miyoung turns around but I walk right pass her.  Soojung suddenly takes a step back, “that’s right, be scared.” I hiss as I stand face to face with her.  My chest is rising quickly; “I thought you grasped this whole idea years ago.” I hissed and Soojung looks up. 

           She holds her head up like she’s queen.  She’s trying to act tough…but I’ll bring the fear out.

           “—I DON’T UNDERSTAND HOW YOU HAVEN’T UNDERSTOOD YET!”  And her stance collapses to my yelling.  “What!? Are you not going to speak anymore!?  What happened to the ‘oh so big and popular’ girl here seconds ago.” I growl, “After all those years in Incheon, you still don’t get me, do you!?” I reach out and grab her wrists but some boy shouts, “—HEY!”

           I glare as he pushes Soojung behind him, “You don’t have any right to be speaking to her like this!” He yells at me and all I do is scoff.  This obviously doesn’t know who she really is.  “Who are you anyways? You don’t even attend this school so what makes you think you can come down here and make a fool out of yourself.”  He continues and I only get more impatient.  If he wants in on this fight, I’ll be more than happy to oblige.

           “Eunae~ just stop.” I hear Miyoung say behind my back.  Are you serious? I roll my eyes and turn, “NO! MIYOUNG! YOU LIED TO ME!!! So shut up for the moment and let me…be me!”  And the moment those words left my mouth, the annoying pest spoke up to defend her as well.  “Don’t speak to her like that!” He shouts.  My forehead crease just slightly, “And who are you to her…?” I mutter under my breath.

           I want to—Gah! You’re so annoying! “Who the hell are you—you need to shut the hell up!” I point a finger at him, “For your information, I’ve known Soojung way longer than you have.  And I do have a right to be speaking to her like I do…especially if this involves Miyoung.” 

           I hear yelling and look up.  The guys are running from behind the school, and once they get here, they’ll be prying me off.  I groan and look back at the guy with an annoyed expression, “Do I have to yell at you for you to answer me!?” I say loudly and he flinches just slightly.  “Sehun…I’m Sehun. Who are you?” He raises a brow and I scoff.

           You have got to be kidding me. This guy is Sehun?

           I stifle a laugh, “Me? I’m your worst nightmare.” I growl and lunge forward, “YOU’RE THE BASTARD THAT GOT MIYOUNG PREGNANT!” I shout and swing my arm but he quickly dodges it, pushing Soojung backwards.   Miyoung shouts my name and forcefully pulls me back but I, without thinking much, I shove her back.  My attention falls on Sehun again who is still protecting the , Soojung.

           “You know she’s pregnant, and you’re just going to stand here and watch that do to her? I’m glad she has someone like Lu Han…unlike some bastard here who doesn’t know how to take care of a woman….at all.” I spit out and open my mouth again but Baekhyun reaches me and holds me back.  I shrug his hands off and shove him back.  “Do you honestly think she’ll lie to you about being pregnant!? Seriously!” I shout at him with arms flailing in the air.  “She doesn’t even like you, in fact she hates you! If she was lying, she’d go on and lie to someone who’s better than you!” I take a step forward and Baekhyun’s arms are around me again.

           With adrenaline flowing throughout my body, I shove him back and he looks up, surprised.  “I can’t believe you’re his friend, you jerk!” I whip around and see Lu Han standing next to Miyoung.  Behind them, the crowd is beginning to thin out because of the others yelling at them to go away. 

           “And you.” My eyes narrow at Lu Han, “Where the hell were you!?”  I shout before letting out a frustrated puff of air.  Oh god.  I run my fingers through my hair and turn back to Sehun and Soojung who are now deep in their own thoughts, apparently.  I open my mouth again, ready for another outburst when someone harshly pulls me back.

           I turn; ready to give the person a piece of me when Miyoung’s voice fills the air around us.  “Stop, Eunae.  Let’s go; you need to cool down before you throw another punch.  Soojung’s already shaken up about this…you…me…” I see her throwing a look behind me, “Let’s go home.” She says and I nod in agreement.  I really do need to calm down.

           I turn and give Sehun and Soojung a glare, “Yeah! Let’s go home.” I bitterly state before turning on my heels and walking out first.  I hear Miyoung’s light but quick footsteps behind me, trying to catch up to me.  We were just about to leave the school premises when her name was called from behind us, and I can already distinguish his voice from everyone else’s.  I turn immediately, “NO! SEHUN! You have no right to talk to her…ever.”

           Anger was still running through my veins.  Miyoung picks Jaehyung up into her arms as I walk back to her.  I push them out of the gates and we walk to the bus station in a torturing silence.  I have to admit now, I regret my outburst, but I can’t help it.  I’m hot tempered and I speak before I think and that is not a good trait.

           “Eunae…”

           “NO! Shut up; I hate you!” I scream then scowl at myself.  Calm your down, Eunae! I scold and turn to Miyoung.  She was smiling at me and I furrow my brows, “Wipe that smile off your lips, pabo! This isn’t funny! You lied to me!” I gritted my teeth and turn around, away from her.  How can this girl be so dang stupid!?  I am her best friend and she hides this from me!?

           After everything we’ve been through, does she not trust—

           Well, Choi Eunae, you did just tell the whole student body that Miyoung is pregnant.

           Shut up! I curse and shrink into the bench seat.  I look up and Miyoung’s smile is gone, she nods her head but I know she’s just fooling around with me.  “You’re not taking this seriously…” I mutter and she instantly grins.  Aish, this girl

           She walks over and gives me a hug, “Thank you, Eunae…but you’ve gone too far…again.  You just gave the school another reason to hate me.”  Miyoung tells me and I scoff.  I fold my arms over my chest and lift my head, “I don’t care; maybe I’ll enroll and finish off school here—”

           “You already graduated, .”  Miyoung chuckles.  It goes quiet for a moment.  I replay the recent events in my head, apologizing to her about everything I did just minutes ago.  The bus comes and I was going to accompany her home, but she stops me, telling me she needed time to herself for a while. 

           So I end up walking down the block to my grandparents’ house where I’ll be staying until my university life starts. 

           I threw my belongings on my bed.  Heavily sighing I collapse onto the bed, “Nice job, Choi Eunae.” I curse, “can’t you keep your mouth shut for once!?” I hiss in frustration with myself.  Just then my phone begins to ring.  I dig through the items on my bed before sliding the talk button, “Yobosaeyo?” I mutter, forgetting to look at the caller I.D.

           “Yah! Choi Eunae!”

           I straighten to the yelling voice on the other end of the line.  Baekhyun.  I sigh, “What do you want?” I said not wanting to hear anything he is saying.  “Walk to your window.” I huff, “Are you serious!” I cry, “No! You better not be here because I am not in a mood to be seeing you right now!”

           “Woman!” He shouts through the phone, “Walk. To. Your. Window!” He tells me firmly and I groan, “Jackass, I hate you right now! And I swear—” I lift my curtains open and look down.  “I ing hate you for making me walk to my window and you’re not even there.” I hiss before hearing a laughter.  “I thought you said you didn’t want to see me, Eunae.”

           I close my eyes and sigh as calmly as I could, “Bye Baek—”

           “No!" He immediately shouts before I could hang up, "Turn around.” He says and I, for some reason, do.  I wait for further instructions from the idiot.  “…Did-did you turn around?” he asks quietly and I nod, “yes…?”  I inform him unamused.  He chuckles and I can feel his smirk.  “Good, now walk to your door and open it.”

           Without thinking, I roll my neck and walk to my bedroom door.  “I hate you, you know that.” I mutter under my breath as I open the door.

           “No, you don’t.” Baekhyun says as we meet each other face to face.  My eyes widen and my hand falls to my side as he hold flowers in front of me, “Here, calm down.” He says as he pushes himself into my room. “YA-Yah!” I shout while trying to shove him back, “You creep! Why the hell are you here! Didn’t you hear me tell you that I was NOT in the mood to see or talk to you!?” I shout.  Baekhyun calmly makes his to my bed and sits down, setting the bouquet of flowers next to him.  “Well, your grandparents let me in before they went grocery shopping.” He shrugs, “And I got you flowers.” He grins adorably and my heart does a little dance.

           His eyes become crescents and his lips curve into a goofy grin, “Come on, Eunae!” I reluctantly walk over to him before he grabs my wrist and pulls me onto his lap.  He buries his head in the crook of my neck, giving me a small peck.  “I’m sorry…” he mutters and goes silent.

           I’m sorry too.  I sigh, “me too…” I whisper back, “You guys have been friends for a long time and it was rude of me to say that.” I tell him honestly before pushing back off his chest, “But seriously! That guy is so dumb! That Oh Jackass, or whatever, gahhH! He drives me insane, Baekhyun! Does he not know—no, no—I know he knows! Miyoung told me he knows and here he is, defending that—that ! He makes me want to pull my hair out!” I cry frustrated.

           I feel Baekhyun’s hand rubbing my back gently, “calm down and let’s think this through…” he says and I hum an annoyed reply.  “They have names, so let’s use them instead of calling them names, okay.” He tells me in a childish voice and I groan, “What the , Baek.” I hiss and look at him.

           His shoulders lift and he shrugs with a lopsided grin, “What?” His eyebrows cave in adorably, “I’m just trying to be reasonable, Eunae.  No disrespect, but you don’t know Sehun or Soojung, no matter how much you say you do.  They’ve gone through a lot, heck, Sehun and Soojung are basically best friends.  She’s the closest female friend Sehun’s ever had—”

           “Yeah, because they’re ing each other!” I hiss, “I’m soo mad right now, Baekhyun! If you’re here to lecture me then you can give up and leave the same way you came in!”  I tell him, getting off his lap.  “I’m not—” I hear him groan behind me, “Why are you being such a child about this!? This was practically your fault! If you didn’t try to punch him and spill to the world, Miyoung’s secret then we wouldn’t be having this argument right now!” Our voices rise at one another as we throw each other insults and our own point of view.

           “Leave!” I shout at him for the nth time.  “Oh my god!” I groan and throw a pillow at him.  “NO! I’m not leaving, Eunae!” he shouts back and my fists curl up.  “I swear, Byun Baekhyun, if you don’t leave, I will personally mess up that pretty face of yours, and I will end everything.” My body is hot, I’m getting a mild headache from all the yelling.  I need him to leave, because I really am not in the mood right now.

           “And, I, Choi Eunae, will tell you again…” he says rather calmly, “I am not leaving with you still mad at me for something I didn’t even do!” His voice rises towards the end, “I’m just defending my friends just like how you’re defending Miyoung, okay!?”

           I close my eyes to calm myself.  I take in a deep breath, “Just leave.” I whisper, giving up.  “I don’t want to see you, I don’t want to hear your voice, I don’t want to feel your touch, Baekhyun, I just need you to lea-”

           His arms wrap around my shoulders and I’m brought into his chest.  “Even if you don’t want me, Eunae, I want you.” He breathes into my hair.  “I’m sorry, let’s forget this, yeah? We’re just two dumb idiots worrying over our friends, okay?” I feel his fingers drawing circles on my upper back. 

           “We shouldn’t be arguing over this because this realllly doesn’t have anything to do with us if you think about it.” His voice is soft again and I begin to melt.  “Please, Eunae…let’s drop it.”

           After a moment, I bring my arms up and hug his waist as a reply.  He kisses my temple, “…thank you.”  I smile and rub my hand up and down his back. 

           I'll drop it, but I still hate him.


Here is Eunae's point of view. And a little BaekEun moment too. Nothing much to say about this chapter.

But let me comment on your thoughts for the previous chapter. It's really okay if you hate the chapter because I do too. It was sudden and out of sehun's character, but if you analyze him, under all his cold exterior is a big ball of soft. And also, just because he may have taken an interest in Miyoung does not mean he loves her. He didn't love her under he told her in chapter 26. Sehun just found the girl to be interesting because she's the nerdy, quiet girl that doesn't go to anything really. Sehun even explained it in the chapter and whatnot so yeah.

Ugh, I don't know. That's all I have to say.

And to those who are graduating High school, COngrats! College is so much more fun! Lol

--miyoung:))