004.

⚜ Tied By A Child

          “Miyoung, can you bring this to the secretary Hwang in the front office?”  Seonsaengnim Nam said before I bowed and nodded my head, “Ne, seonsaengnim.”  I answered softly before I head someone snicker, “Teacher’s pet.”  The teacher told the class to be quiet as I left the room.  I’m about ready to kill the next person who talks behind my back about me.  I mean, I know everyone does, but lately, I’ve been so fed up with everyone, and I swear my period just ended but I’m still annoyed by others.  Rumors are flying left to right about me, and I just can’t take it anymore.

          It’s been 3 weeks since that stupid incident happened, and I swear I’m never drinking again…or going to any party, ever again.  I’ve done a good job at avoiding Exo, and so they’ve stopped bothering me, finally.  Stupid jerk faces.  Soojung’s still the queenka everyone loves for some odd reason.  Seriously, I don’t even understand what I did wrong.  When we were younger, I thought we were “cool,” but when I moved to Seoul she started being a, excuse me, , and everyone loved her. 

          I opened the door and walked up to the counter, “Here, secretary Hwang, this is from class 4-A.” I handed it over to her before she took it and nodded, “Thank you, Miyoung.” She smiled sweetly at me before I turned around and walked off.  My walking pace slowed since I didn’t want to return to class; it wasn’t like anyone was going to miss me anyways.  My hand ran along the side of the wall.  I think I’m going to skip.  I’ll go to the rooftop and get an excuse form from Nurse Kim.  And that’s just what I did.

          The sun’s rays kissed my skin as I laid on the rooftop; its heat blanketed me, warming me, securing me.  Today wasn’t as hot as all the previous weeks.  It was just perfect.  For once, I felt at peace with everything.  All worries set aside and frustrations pushed to the back of my mind.  I’ll deal with everything later.  Right now, everything was perfect, and I wished it would only stay like this, forever.


          I don’t exactly know how long I slept, but when I woke up, the school yard was filled with students so I guess I slept through the school day.  I sat against the wall of the roof waiting for a few minutes before leaving the rooftop.  The senior halls were nearly empty.  I walked back into my classroom and picked up my things quickly before someone could notice me.  I walked down the stair cases to the first floor and then into the teacher’s lounge. 

          “Nam Seonsaengnim.” I bowed before fixing my bangs behind my ears, “Mianhamnida, I went to the nurses after dropping the papers off.” I lied before he smiled, “Don’t worry; you can catch up fairly quickly.  I’m not worried about you.  Go on and head home now.”  He told me before I thanked him.  “Ne, Thank you.” I bowed once again before leaving the room.

          I kicked a pebble on my way to the bus stop, 3 blocks down from the school gates.  My stomach growled unexpectedly before I cried to myself, “Aishh—I’m not even hungry.” I grumbled.  I’ve been on a diet for a while now even though it may not seem so since I eat so much.  I walked past a convenience store and scolded myself not to go inside and get some food.  I swallowed as my stomach growled once more, louder than before.  I will not spend more here…I will wait until I get home.

          I walked past some kids stuffing kimbap into their mouth.  My stomach roared before I covered it, tightly hugging it as I quickened my pace and ran home.  I burst through the back door, “UMMA!! Baegopayo!!” I shouted and threw my bag next to the stairs.  My mother turned around with a plate of food in her hands, “Well then, you’re right on time, Miyoung.” 

          Jaehyung ran down at the smell of the food.  “You guys eat first; I’m going to get your father in the store.”  She said before disappearing behind the door separating our house from the store.  I the tip of my chopsticks and nibbled at the end while looking at the delicious food.  What to eat first…  I asked myself before I noticed an appetizing beef strip staring back at me.  “Hmm…” I sighed and reached out to grab it before Jaehyung quickly stole it.

          “YAH!” I erupted, “I was going to eat that!” I hissed as he waved it in the air between his chopsticks.  “Mehrong—” He stuck his tongue out before I reached across the table to try and steal it.  “Miyoung!” My mother hissed as she walked in.  “What are you doing?” She stated firmly before I shrugged, “I-I don’t know what you’re talking about.  I was eating.”  I said calmly before turning to Jaehyung and throwing him a glare.  I picked up another not as appealing piece of meat and ate it as I turned my head.  While my mother looked for something in the fridge, I quickly turned to Jaehyung, ‘you’re going to die.’ I mouthed, ‘you totally knew I was going to eat that.

          “Aigoo Miyoung-ah, what are you? 5 years old?” My mother chuckled as she returned to the table.  “Ani-aniya~ I was so hungry because I missed lun-didn’t get to eat a lot of food today…” I quickly changed my statement as I saw her eyes narrow in.  I smiled childishly, “Heh—umma, your food is so good.”  I said before quickly stuffing my face with food to avoid answering any further questions.


          “Miyoung!” My mother shouted as I heard her steps coming closer to my room.  “What are you still doing in bed!?  You’re going to be late for school!” She said opened my door and walking in.  I laid in a fetal position, hugging my stomach tightly, “Umma…I have cramps,” I moaned, “I don’t want to go to school today.”  I begged before she sat on my bed and lifted my chin up so that she could feel my head.  “Miyoung, you’re missing too many school days though, why don’t you just take some medication and go to school…if you don’t feel better, the nurse can send you home.”

          I whimpered, “Ummmaa~”  “-Are you sick?” She asked me getting up from the bed.  I shook my head slowly as I put pressure on my stomach, “Ani…it’s just late cramps…”  I whispered.  She sighed, “Miyoung, you’re going to school today, okay?  Hurry and get up.  I’ll give you some medications downstairs.”  She walked to the door as I grunted.  “Palli, Miyoung-ah~” She called out as she walked down the stairs.

          I breathed heavily as I pushed myself up into a sitting position.  I tried my best to control my breathing.  Stupid cramps, they’re always painful for me.  I swallowed before forcing myself up and getting dressed in my school uniform. 

          I slowly made my way down to the kitchen, “Ummaa…” I sighed, “I’m going now…” I muttered before she handed me some pills and a cup of water, “Here, take this.  Hurry and leave.  You might just make it to school on time.”  She said, “Ah, I forgot to tell you, your father and I are going to visit your grandma in Incheon today.  It’ll only be you and Jae so don’t forget to pick him up from daycare.  We’ll probably be back tomorrow night.”  She said and kissed my forehead, “Behave yourself.” She said before ushering me out.

          I struggled on my way to school, and I barely made it inside the gate as the bell rang.  I straightened myself before I entered the classroom.  The students threw glances at me as I made my way to my seat in the front corner by the window.  I fixed my skirt as I sat down before I felt something hit the back of my head.  I turned my head slightly and noticed a crumbled piece of paper on the group; Soojung and her group snickered as the teacher walked in. 

          “Okay class!” He set his papers on his podium before stepping aside, “Practice exam!” He said with much enthusiasm in his voice.  The whole class groaned.  “YOU DIDN’T EVEN TELL US!” One boy shouted.  I leaned my head over the desk, just wanting to get it over with and leave school.   “HEY! STOP COMPLAINING OR I’LL THROW IN AN ESSAY!”  Nam Seonsaengnim shouted through the chaotic room.  I rubbed my temple before something in me snapped.  I slammed my palms on my desk and stood up, “Shut the hell up and take the damn test!” I shouted as I turned around and glared at everyone.

          The room went silent almost immediately.  My teacher snickered, “Thank you, Miyoung.  Now everyone take a seat.” He said more calmly as I sat down.  And the moment I did, I regret doing it.  Now I’ll be made fun of more and stupid rumors will probably start flying around the school.  I don’t really know what happened though.  I just got irritated by their annoying voices and never ending complaining, I just had to cry out in the moment.  Stupid me.  I regret too many things in life.


          After the test we got lunch break.  I decided to go to the nurse and lay on the bed the whole break.  “Miyoung, why don’t you try eating something?” Nurse Kim asked me as she walked over to the side of the bed.  I shook my head, “No thank you.  I really don’t want to do anything right now other than lie down.” I replied softly before she nodded her head, “Ohh..okay,” She smiled faintly, “Well, I’m going to eat my lunch.  I’ll be back in 30 minutes.” She told me before I closed my eyes and nodded off.

          I woke up again when she was lightly shaking my shoulder, “Miyoung, why don’t you go home?”  She said pushing my bangs back, “Your head is kind of hot.”  She stated before I pushed myself up in a sitting position.  “I’ll write a slip and you can leave.”  She told me as I grasp my head from the light head ache.  “It’s probably just a migraine.”  I replied softly as she shook her head without turning around, “no dear, it’s not.   Your head is warm so you need to go home and get a lot of rest.” She said before tearing the slip and handing it to me.

          I stumbled forward as I grabbed the slip.  “I’m sorry I come down here a lot.” I said quietly.  She shook her head, “No, it’s fine.  No one visits me down here, and I enjoy your company.” She said smiling.  I straightened my skirt out before bowing, “Thank you, Nurse Kim.” I said softly before leaving the room.  I walked up the 3 stair cases until I got to the senior rooms.

          The senior classes were in a middle of free time so the halls and the school yard was filled with students.  I walked towards my homeroom at the end of the hall and walked inside to retrieve my backpack.  “Awww, Miyoung leaving school again?” I heard one of Soojung’s friend snickered as I turned to leave the room.  My head was pounding and I did not want to deal with her or anyone else for that matter.  “What’s wrong this time?” She said laughing before I rolled my eyes and ignored her.

          “YAH!” She shouted as I walked down the hall.  It’s fine; I know she’s not going to do anything to me; she’s not a person of action but words..plus, she's nothing without Soojung by her side.  I ignored her shouts as I lightly hit my head, hoping that somehow it’ll help ease the pain.  My head’s hurting and this heat wasn’t helping at all.  I walked out of the school doors and walked across the court yard to the gate.

          A light breeze was present as I slowly walked to the bus stop.  My head was beginning to hurt more than before and my vision blurred from time to time.  My neck was getting hot so I collected my hair and put it in a loose bun.  I looked up from the ground and saw the bus at the curb; the last person was just getting on.  I rubbed my temples once before jogging over.  My hands clamped down on the rail of the bus, gripping it hard as I stepped on, out of breath.  “Kamsahamnida, ajusshi.”  I bowed my head slightly before he stuck his hand out.

          “You need your bus pass.”  He stated before I grabbed my backpack and searched its contents.  My heartbeat increased as I pulled my hand out of my bag.  “Ajusshi, can you just let me go on today, please?” I begged with soften eyes.  He sighed but gave no further pity signs, “I’m sorry, you know the rules.”  He said as I stepped back.  My face was heating up from the embarrassment, and probably from the fever I’m now running.  I forced a faint smile, “Arraso, sorry for the trouble.” I muttered as I stepped off the bus.

          I live so far from school and with this uncomfortable headache, I just want to lie on the streets.  Seriously, I care really care less about what people think of me right now.  How could this even happen to me?  I sighed a bit frustrated.  I turned the corner and the sun immediately hit my eyes.  My vision went hazy and I stumbled forward, grasping my head in my hand as I reached out for support with another.  My left side leaned against a brick wall of the street.  Thank goodness there weren’t a lot of people here; even so none of them probably wouldn’t have done anything to help me out.

          I was aimlessly walking when a car pulled up to the curb.  I stopped then it stopped.  A shiver ran up my spine just before I turned my head.  “You look lost.”  A middle age man said as he flashed his pearly whites.  I rolled my eyes and turned away as I started walking again.  I heard his engine stop and the car door open before I was quickly jerked back.  “I’ll get you to where ever you need to be—”

          My skin grew goose bumps to his touch.  I shook my arm away from his grasp before he grabbed it again but with a tighter grip.  “I promise, I don’t want to do anything to you.” He smiled nicely, but his eyes told another story.  I could feel bruises form as he pulled me back towards his car. 

          “HEY!”  Finally, someone to stand up for me.  The man turned back before his grip loosened and he left me standing alone.  “-Miyoung, are you okay?”  His voice was soft as he lightly held onto my arms.  I blinked a couple times, unable to fully grasp who he was.  “Miyoung?  Answer me, uh?”  I finally closed my eyes and started taking deep breathes before opening them again.  “Lu-Lu Han…” His name came in gasp.

          He smiled before his hands started rubbing up and down my arms, “You’re okay.”  He told me before I nodded.  “Why didn’t you fight back?” He asked, raising his voice a bit to lecture me.  I furrowed my eyebrows before pushing him away, “T-thank you…” sighed, “but I don’t need to answer to someone like you.”  I stated before turning around, only to stumble on my own two feet.  His hands were on me again before he turned me around.  “Miyoung, your face is a bit pale…” He stated before touching my cheeks and flinching slightly.  “Mi-Miyoung, you’re—you’re running a fever.” He gasped before helping me over to a bench.

          I leaned forward on the bench as he got up to do something.  Why is this guy even helping me out?  I covered my eyes to block the sun from hitting them and causing an even bigger headache.  His left hand reached around me and held onto my left arm as he took my right hand in with his and helped me up.  “My chauffeur is here; I’m taking you home.”  He told me as I allowed myself to freely go with him.

          My head leaned against the head of the seat in the dark car.  “Where do you live?” Lu Han asked as I stayed silent.  “Miyoung…” He asked once more before I opened my eyes slightly, “Just drop me off at a store so I can buy some-”  “-Where. Do. You. Live. Miyoung.” He said strictly before I forced myself to sit forward.  “I came here voluntarily,” I said in a firm whisper, “drop me off at a-”

          He leaned forward, “I would’ve still brought you here if you decided not to come.” He interrupted.  I stared into his eyes as they darted from my eyes to my lips and back again.  “I’ll be ridiculed for this…”  I murmured, “The small convenience store on the corner of Namkyo and Jun-pyeong.” I replied in a soft voice.  Lu Han’s shoulder’s relaxed as he leaned forward and told his driver the address.

          I stared out into the streets as I came familiar with the surrounding.  The car to a stop a while later; the driver stepped out of the car and opened the door just as I was about to grab the handle.  I stepped out of the car as Lu Han appeared next to me.  He held his hand out to me, “Come on…I’ll help you inside.”  He said quietly.  With a shaky hand I took it.  I’ll probably regret this later, but right now, I’m incredibly fatigued.  “There’s no one here-”

          “Back door.” I interrupted before he helped me to the back.  I dug out my keys before opening the door and stepping inside.  “Thank you; you can leave now.” I quickly stated as I walked up the stairs.  I could feel his eyes burning my back.  “I don’t need your pit-”  “-It’s cozy.”

          His statement was surprising.  I stopped and turned around, “What?” I shouted shocked but it came more as a whisper.  “It’s cozy.  You walk in and you’re greeted with the kitchen which I bet smells nice from your mother’s cooking or something.  Then off to the left there’s a closet and a little to the left of the closet, the stairs.”  He smiled like child, “Small and cozy.” 

          “Just go.”  I said again as I continued to walk up the stairs again.  “Just let me see you to bed.” He said quickly hopping the stairs after me.  I threw everything on the ground and took my school jacket, cardigan and pulled my tie off before turning around and quickly shutting the door in front of his face.  He knocked on the door, shouting, “I’m not leaving until I know you’re in bed!”  He cried as he continued to pound on the door.  This idiot.  I quickly undressed because the pounding was a nuisance.

          “You know, you’re only making my headache worst by doing that.” I stated with a firm voice as I opened the door and let him in.  I walked over to my full bed and threw the comforter over before sighing, “I’m sleeping, now leave.” I said as I turned to the other side, facing the wall.  I was going to state it again when it suddenly hit me, “Why did you help me?” I asked as I quickly turned around, the sudden motion made me dizzy before I grasped my head.

          “Get a little excited there?” He chuckled before I scowled.  He walked towards the bed, “No lady should be treated like that…” He stated before I asked another question, “What were you doing walking towards the other side of town?” I asked raising a brow.  Lu Han smiled, the tip of his lips curled into a hint smirk.  “Exo was going to ditch and hangout at Kris’s place…but I saw you stumbling out of the school gate and instead decided to follow you…and it was a good thing I did.”  He smiled sweetly before my heart fluttered inside my chest.  No.

          I shook the thought away, “Well, you can go now…” I stated as I rolled onto my side, “And don’t tell anyone.” I told him strictly as I heard his footsteps retrieve.  “Don’t come to school tomorrow if you’re not feeling well.” He called out as he went down the stairs.  I heard the door close before I let myself relax. 

          What the heck was that, heart? 

                    You’re not allowed to do that…especially to a person like him.


oh my goodness, your comments! I love them all, seriously; I love getting comments from you guys; they never fail to make me smile. Plus, why did you all think she had with Lu Han, OTL. DId you guys want her to have with Lu Han? Lol, too funny. I think Lu Han's too sweet; it'll be too hard for me to make him the playboy type...Sehun on the other hand, he's a bratt, so it's okay. Lol, but OMG, yess! I totally had to add the 'peasant' part, I'm sorry, stupid tumblr. OTL

On another note, guess who's XOXO Album arrived!!!??

THIS GULL!!!! OHMYGOODNESS, I did NOT want to open it. I seriously stared at the package for 5 minutes before opening it and staring at the album cover for another 5 minutes.  I'm such a loser.  But I got Tao & Lu Han socks!! YAY ME! && Minseok & Kyungsoo photocards. :)) I'm so happy & super excited to get my posters.

If you bought the album, who did you get?

OH. I'm sorry, this chapter was a bit on the DULL side of things as well, but in the next chapter, I PROMISE TO MAKE IT BETTER.

Comment and Subscribe!?

--miyoung:))