019.

⚜ Tied By A Child

 


           “Go get ready; I’ll go wait for Eunae and Jaehyung by the gate then we’ll come to the field.” I kissed Lu Han’s cheeks and waved goodbye before running down the stairs to the front of the school.

           “Well, isn’t it the great Miyoung.”

           I sighed and took a deep breath when I heard her irritating voice.  “She decided to show up today…that was a bad choice, wasn’t it?”  Soojung snickered.  Great, I’m going to get beat up and no one’s really going to care because they all seem to like Soojung…or is scared of her so they’re not going to do anything.

           I turned around and covered my stomach.  “What, Soojung.” I hissed.  She only smiled as her passé followed her closely, circling in on me.  “Look Soojung, while we were losing, she got her s done.” Ahreum smirked as she nodded at my chest. 

           Soojung and the others scoffed, “Looks like she needs to get her stomach in too.” My tongue glided across my front teeth, “Look—”

           Soojung suddenly pushed me to the ground, “You shouldn’t be talking, .” I groaned as her leg lightly kicked mine, “You don’t talk unless you’re spoken to, understood?”  I groaned on the ground and rolled onto my side, protecting my stomach from any further attacks.

           “—Soojung!”

           We all straightened at the voice.  As they turned around, I forced myself up and brushed the dust and dirt off my uniform.  My heart rate was beating quickly; I was afraid for the baby.

           “Oppa!” Soojung smiled and ran to his arms.  I rolled my eyes and turned away to continue dusting myself off when we both saw each other.

           “Soojung, what did you do?” Sehun asked her.  She shrugged, “What do you think I did?”  She asked as she walked back towards me.  “Did I tell you, you can get back up?” She hissed and shoved me to the ground.

           “-SOOJUNG!”

           “-JUNG SOOJUNG!”

           I turned around at the voice.  “Eunae…” I gasped as she ran over to Soojung.  Jaehyung ran to me and hugged me.  “Noona," he cried, “are you okay?  Is baby hurt?”  I shook my head and pushed myself up quickly, “No honey, baby’s okay.  Don’t cry, okay?  You’re supposed to be my super hero and save me, remember?” I chuckled dryly, “so don’t cry.” I said in a hushed voice.

           “Lu Han’s supposed to save you when I’m not here!!” He cried, “He lied to me!”  Even though he was crying, I couldn’t help but smile, “baby, it’s okay.” I pulled him to me as I stood up, “don’t cry.”

           “—I DON’T UNDERSTAND HOW YOU HAVEN’T UNDERSTOOD YET!” Eunae shouted as she was face to face with Soojung.  “What!? Are you not going to speak anymore!?  What happened to the ‘oh so big and popular’ girl here seconds ago.” Eunae growled.  “After all those years in Incheon you still don’t get me, do you!?”

           “—HEY!” An angry Sehun shouted as he grabbed a silent Soojung’s wrist and pulled her back behind him.  “You don’t have any right to be speaking to her like this!” He growled, “Who are you anyways. You don’t even attend this school so what makes you think you can come down here and make a fool out of yourself.”  I rolled my eyes at his comment, “We have every right…” I muttered under my breath.  By now there was a small crowd of students watching.  “Eunae~ just stop.” I whispered as I took a step forward before she threw me a glare.   “NO! MIYOUNG! YOU LIED TO ME!!! So shut up for the moment and let me…be me!”

           “Don’t speak to her like that!” Sehun shouted.  I looked up to see Soojung with widen eyes and Sehun glaring at Eunae. My heart pounded inside my chest as I took a step back.  I cradled Jaehyung’s head in the crook of my neck.  “Who the hell are you—you need to shut the hell up!” Eunae hissed, “For your information, I’ve known Soojung way longer than you have.” She smirked, “And I do have a right to be speaking to her like I do…especially if this involves Miyoung.”  She went silent for just a second. 

           There was sudden yelling coming from the side of the school and I sighed.  Word must’ve got out and Exo was running out towards the gate now.  I looked to see Baekhyun sprinting towards an angry Eunae; Minseok, Yixing, Chanyeol and Joonmyun following behind.

           “Do I have to yell at you for you to answer me!?” She stated annoyed as she took a step towards Sehun.

           “Sehun…I’m Sehun. Who are you?” He asked raising a brow.

           Eunae her lips, fist curling in.  “Your worst nightmare…” she chuckled with a small mischievous smile.  I quickly put Jae down when I heard the amusement in her voice.  “YOU’RE THE BASTARD THAT GOT MIYOUNG PREGNANT!” She hollered and threw her fist in the air.  Luckily, Sehun dodged it as a wave of gasp went around the student body.  I grabbed her wrist and jerked her back.  “EUNAE!” I shouted with a heavy breath, “You’ve gone too far!” I hissed.

           She pushed me back and walked towards Sehun.  “You know she’s pregnant, and you’re just going to stand here and watch that do to her?” She hissed angrily.  “I’m glad she has someone like Lu Han…unlike some bastard here who doesn’t know how to take care of a woman….at all.” 

           Baekhyun ran to Eunae only to be pushed back, just like I was.  The crowd was murmuring amongst themselves, phones were out, messages were sent to other students about the big secret that was revealed seconds ago.  I stared at a quiet Soojung who had pulled her hand away from Sehun.

           “Miyoung…Miyoung!” I straightened and wiped the tears streaks from my cheeks.  Lu Han ran over to me and hugged me tightly, “What happened?” He whispered into my hair as he gently it.  “You’re okay,” he kissed my temple, “I’m here…” he kissed me all over my face as he dusted the back of my uniform off.

           I felt Jaehyung's small arms wrap around my legs; seconds later, Lu Han jumped and backed away from me.  I looked down to see tears streaming down Jaehyung’s cheeks as he was hitting Lu Han.  “YOU LIED TO ME!” He cried, “You said you’ll be here to protect noona but you weren’t!!”

           “-Jaehyung,” I picked him up and shushed him, “don’t cry, baby.” I kissed his cheeks before turning to Lu Han.  He looked at an angry Eunae still hissing words to Sehun, scolding him.  “Go…” I stated as I lightly nudged his shoulders towards them.  “Go stop her.”

           After I got Jaehyung to stop crying, I turned to see the crowd of students slowly walking away after Joonmyun and Minseok yelled at them.  Baekhyun quickly walked back over and rested a hand on Eunae’s shoulder.  She quickly shoved him away, “I can’t believe you’re his friend, you jerk!”  Eunae rubbed her temples in frustration, “what the hell is going on.” She sighed heavily, “And you!” She looked straight at Lu Han, “Where the hell were you!?”

           I walked over to them with Jaehyung still in my arms.  I pulled Eunae back, forcefully, “Stop, Eunae.  Let’s go; you need to cool down before you throw another punch.  Soojung’s already shaken up about this…you…me…” I stated as I saw Soojung silently standing behind Sehun, looking at the ground.  “Let’s go home.”

           “Yeah! Let’s go home.” Eunae firmly stated before she turned around and walked ahead of me.  I look at Lu Han, and without saying anything, I turned and followed Eunae towards the gate.  Now everyone knows about me.

           “Miyoung!”

           I turned around and was about to answer when Eunae’s voice rang passed mine, “NO! SEHUN! You have no right to talk to her…ever.” Eunae came back behind me and pushed me out of the gate. 

           We walked silently to the bus station.  “Eunae…”

           “NO! Shut up! I hate you!” she hissed as I smiled slightly.  She turned around when I didn’t say anything back.  I scrunched my nose when she came to a stop, hands on her hips, “Wipe that smile off your lips, pabo! This isn’t funny! You lied to me!” she stated firmly before I nodded and did what she told me to do.  “You’re not taking this seriously…” she muttered before I cracked up into a smile again.

           I walked over to her and hugged her lightly.  “Thank you, Eunae…but you’ve gone too far…again.” I stated.  “You just gave the school another reason to hate me.”  She scowled, “I don’t care; maybe I’ll enroll and finish off school here—”

           “You already graduated, .” I stated before she shrugged, “So?” she sighed heavily when we came to a stop again on the corner.  She took a sleeping Jaehyung from my arms, “Clean yourself…I don’t know what to do if pregnant girls fall but maybe you should get checked…you know, just in case.” She muttered under her breath.

           “Ohh Eunae, I’ll be okay.  The baby’s fine too…I can guarantee it. We didn’t even fall hard.”  “—yeah, but you fell twice! And I shoved you back so hard—oh my gawd!” she gasped, “I shoved you!”

           I gave her a small smile as I dusted off my uniform.  “It’s okay…it was that hard-” “-Liar!” she hissed, “I didn’t hurt you, right? I swear, I kill myself—”

           “Don’t say that, .  I’m okay…and if I wasn’t, I would’ve left without you.” I stated when the bus pulled up.  “Come on..” I took Jae from her arms, “I want to go home alone, Eunae…I need time to think about what you did, and how I’m supposed to deal with everyone—everything tomorrow.” I whispered.  She hugged me tightly with Jaehyung in my arms, “I’m so sorry! You know my anger gets the best of me, sadly.” She sighed heavily and pushed her bangs back, “I’ll see you tomorrow…?”

           I my lips and scrunched my nose, “…yeah, maybe.” I smiled faintly before getting on the bus.

           When we got home, I put Jaehyung in my bed and went to shower after throwing my clothes into the laundry.  Mom and dad were busy with the store so I ate dinner without them.  While I was cleaning up, someone came knocking on the back door.  I wiped my hands on a table cloth and went to open it, slowly.

           “Noona~~” Jaehyung said sleepily from the top of the stairs.  I turned around and saw him coming down as he rubbed his eye, “Baby, if you’re hungry come down here.” I stated before I turned back to the door and straightened.  “Lu Han…” I said quietly, “What are you doing here?” I turned my head to look at the time, “It’s almost 10.” I gasped.

           “No!”

           I jumped and turned as Jaehyung came and tried closing the door on Lu Han, “Get out!” he cried, “out! You can’t go out with noona anymore!” he yelled.  I swiped his hair to the side and pulled him back gently, “Jae…I said it was okay, didn’t I?” I said softly before faintly smiling up at Lu Han after picking Jaehyung up from the ground.  “I’m sorry…he’s actually really mad at you.” I stated softly, “…what are you here for?  It’s dark out, Lu Han.”

           “Jae, go sit at the table…quietly.” I stated firmly as I opened the door more, “Umm…come in, Lu Han.” I said softly before leaving the door open for him and returning to the kitchen.  “Did you want to eat, baby?”

           “—No! He not eating!” Jaehyung stated stubbornly.  I chuckled, “Jae, did you want to eat…I was talking to you, honey.” I said before turning to Lu Han, “but did you want to eat, too?” I asked quietly.  Lu Han shook his head, “No, I’m okay.” He said as he walked over and sat at the dinner table across from Jae. 

           “Park Jaehyung…what did I tell you? Don’t glare at people like that.” I said after coming back from microwaving left overs.  “If you’re going to be my super hero, you need to talk nicely to people…super heroes are nice.” I stated quietly before turning to Lu Han, “Did you want something?  My parents might be in, in a little bit.  Store closes about now.”  I sighed as I leaned back against the chair.

           “I—I guess…I just wanted to see if you were okay or not…after everything today.”  He whispered quietly before taking my hand.  He it lightly, “I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you.  Whenever you tell me to go somewhere, something bad always happens…” he stated sadly, “…maybe I won’t listen to you anymore.” He chuckled lightly.

           I frowned while staring blankly at the table.  “…I’m not okay.” I muttered quietly, “I want to drop out.” I stated honestly.  “I could have dealt with the side chatters about me and my ‘ implants’” I quoted, “I could have dealt with the rumors…but this…I won’t be able to last a class period with people staring at me knowing I’m pregnant, Lu Han… especially a person like me, pregnant with his child.” I muttered bitterly.

           I slipped my hands away from his and covered my face, “gawd! Why is this all happening to me!?” I cried, “I hate this! I hate everyone! I hate everything! Why!?”  I wept as tears left my eyes unconsciously, “I don’t understand…” I sniffed.  Lu Han moved closer to me but then I felt him straighten when Jaehyung rested his small hands on my leg.  “Noona…don’t cry.” He whispered softly.  “Don’t hate everyone….” I heard him whimper quietly; “don’t hate baby.”

           I laid my head down on the table as he soothed me.  Lu Han lightly rubbed my back, “Jae…can I talk to your noona for a while?” He asked him before Jaehyung grumbled, “I take food upstairs…” he stated and left.

           Immediately after, Lu Han turned me around and hugged me tightly.  His hands were gently brushing my hair as he whispered over and over again an apology.  “I promise, no one will hurt you, Miyoung.” Lu Han whispered, “I told you I’ll protect you, and I’m going to keep my promise.” He stated.

           I hiccupped and blinked the tears away from my eyes.  Lu Han pulled away from me and cupped my cheeks, wiping my tears from them with his thumb gently.  “I’m sorry I wasn’t there today.” He apologized once again. 

           “Yeobo! Go check the doors again!”

           I straightened at my mother’s voice from inside the store.  I sniffed and wiped my tears as I stood up, “You need to go…” I gasped as I quickly wiped my cheeks.  “I’ll see you tomorrow, Lu Han.” I quickly stated not wanting to see my parents at the moment.  I rushed him to the door without another word and showed him a small, faint smile, “…I’ll see you tomorrow.”


YAYAYAYAYAYAYYYY!!!! Ummm....omfg, this is the BIG chapter guys. LIKE THE TURNING POINT ALMOST OF THE STORY. I don't really know what to say because omfggggggggggaksdjf;asdja;lkej;aijsd;fawef;dszdgkj. I wanna yell at Eunae!!!!! Don't youu!? I mean, nvm. Ugh.

**OH. FYI, it's the same day as the previous chapter, if you guys didn't get that.

Guise, it's so hot outside && in my dorm room cause we have no AC. I have the biggest headache ever but I can't go to sleep because it's so hot.

Anyways, on another note. Your comments are hilarious. If you all go back an read the first couple pages of comments, they're like, "omg-Miyoung&Luhan ftw!" etc. && now it's like, "SHIPPING SEHUN AND MIYOUNG!" Lol. You guys are too funny! I love you guys and thank you for always seriously making my day. College life hasn't been the best although I seriously just started classes today. Like I'm so homesicck and the humidity isn't really helping. So I'm really thankful for wonderful subbers like you! I seriously love you guys from the moon and back. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! I really want to cry right now because you guys are so silly and make me feel at home. Sorry this just went from like super happy to sad and depressing-- OTL, I'll stop here.

Comment and Subscribe!?

--miyoung:))