Working hours

Breaking the Silence (Edited)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Weeeee~ ヽ(^Д^)ノ I've reached 100+ upvotes for BtS and wonderful 500+ unique subs. As a thank you the update this time is fast (considering that I uploaded the extra yesterday) <3 and I'll try to update another one-shot soon! (with action!Gyu because the fancams of Destiny ver.A give me so many feels ;A;)
Thanks a lot to all of you! Maybe it sounds empty to you, but I'm really thankful :3 I'm still the same negiramen as before, with low confidence and a boring A/N that no one reads ^-^ thanks for staying with me!

 


25% Woohyun, 75% Sunggyu+mom ahead :3 have fun reading!
Thanks to my two lovely angels who supported me on twitter <3 /throws hearts

 

 

[WOOHYUN]

 

Woohyun couldn’t help but think that life was pretty unfair. He wanted to stay with Sunggyu and be there for him, but he needed to work. How was he supposed to concentrate on cooking when his mind was still lingering on their previous conversation? Woohyun couldn’t simply forget about Sunggyu’s tears. He hated to see the other cry and he hated that they had to be apart like this. He wanted to be with the older man 24 hours, 7 days a week for the rest of his life, to use every minute to confess his - still growing - love for Sunggyu, to touch him and to feel his touches.

 

He knew that it was impossible. Not because of Sunggyu’s condition - it was constantly improving and he was so indescribably proud of the other. It was impossible because human society worked like that for adults. You had to work to pay for your apartment, for your meals and every other little thing that you needed. Only a few individuals were blessed with money from birth and they didn’t have to move a finger for the rest of their lives, but neither Sunggyu nor Woohyun were like that. It was sad, but adults spent more time at work than with their partners at home.

 

The other thing he couldn’t forget was the fact that Sunggyu might have “spoken” already and he hadn’t noticed. Woohyun groaned. He replayed the scene at the counter again and again. He tried to find something in his memory, only a tiny glimpse of Sunggyu’s laughter, but the human brain worked against him. Woohyun could even remember what every customer had ordered a week ago, but the scene from a few minutes ago was blurry in his mind. He could hear Dongwoo’s loud laugh and Howon’s mocking one, but not Sunggyu’s.

 

He didn’t want to think of the sound as Sunggyu’s imagination. Woohyun wanted it to be real. The thought of possibly hearing his voice soon made him almost burst from happiness. It was such a normal thing to talk, but for Sunggyu and Woohyun it was special. He knew that Sunggyu was desperate to speak, just like he was desperate to break through his other barriers. Woohyun really thought that he was strong, especially since he did everything for others. The last person Sunggyu thought about was himself. It was hard to watch sometimes, because Woohyun could see how much the older man was pushing himself. He was doing it to be accepted and to feel normal, though everyone was already accepting him the way he was. The black-haired man often felt helpless, because he could only stand by his side and give him sweet words. Am I doing enough? Am I a reliable support for you, hyung?

 

He finished the sushi plate and shuffled out of the kitchen. When he entered the restaurant, his frown immediately turned into a smile. Woohyun didn’t want to anger the owner again. They were friends, but that didn’t mean that he could do whatever he wanted at work. He glanced at the bar for a moment and noticed that Sunggyu and his friends were already gone. His heart sank but Woohyun kept the smile on his lips like a professional. He had half-expected the brown-haired man to be gone already. He had seemed a bit shaken by his failure to speak, though Woohyun had tried to cheer him up again, but he could imagine how hard it was for Sunggyu. He was trying so hard to find the trust in his voice again, but every failure had to feel like a new betrayal to his heart.

 

When Woohyun was done with serving the plate, he ran around and took new orders. He felt the owner’s gaze on him the whole time, but his inner turmoil never broke his calm and friendly surface. We’re going to succeed, Gyu. He let out a sigh when the kitchen door closed behind his back and took out his phone. Woohyun looked at the picture from Yonghwa and bit his lower lip. He wondered if Sunggyu would be able to return to his old character with the help of his voice. Did Woohyun even want him to change? He wasn’t sure. Maybe the older man would lose interest in him after the change. Maybe he would suddenly think that Woohyun was no longer needed. The possibility was low and Woohyun didn’t really believe in it, but it didn’t stop him from having those thoughts.

 

 

 

Woohyun was exhausted when they finally closed the shop for the day. He locked the front door and stretched his tired muscles. The owner was busy counting their earnings. Woohyun started cleaning the floor and the tables.

 

“Woohyun, you don’t have to come to work on Friday. The shop will be closed for the whole day because I have matters to attend.” The old man stated.

 

The assistant stopped wiping the table in front of him and looked over to the other. He frowned. “But you’ve never closed the shop before. Is it something important?”

 

The owner sighed and Woohyun noticed that he seemed worn out. “I just need to go somewhere and I don’t know how long it will take. Don’t snoop around, boy.”

 

“But I could take care of the shop while you’re gone. I know everythi-“

 

“Woohyun, are you sure that you want to reject a free day? Besides, I trust you a lot, but no, I cannot let you work here alone. Go home for today, I’ll clean the rest.”

 

Woohyun protested but the old man didn’t listen and chased him out of the shop. The black-haired man barely got time to change his clothes and grab his bag before he found himself on the streets. He frowned and stared at the closed back door. Is he mad because Sunggyu distracted me before? I wonder what’s wrong. He never closes the shop.

 

 

 

With the worry still fresh on his mind, Woohyun returned home. There was nothing he could do when the owner didn’t want to tell him the reason. And the other was right - he would be stupid to reject a day off. His thoughts drifted away from the shop and back to Sunggyu. He couldn’t wait to tell him the news. They had to do something together on that day. Woohyun started humming a song as he walked down the streets. He wanted to tell Sunggyu immediately, but it was way too late. He had to wait until tomorrow.

 

Woohyun was glad to find the two troublemakers asleep when he reached his home. The black-haired man checked if a package had arrived, but he found nothing. Of course, Woohyun, how fast do you think mail is?

 

He made sure to lock his door this time because he didn’t want a wild Sungyeol to appear on his bed in the morning. He really missed the quiet mornings with Myungsoo, but thanks to Sungyeol he didn’t have to feel bad that he didn’t have any time for his brother due to work. Woohyun threw his clothes into a corner of the room and slipped under the blanket with a sigh. He wondered how his life would change if he got accepted by a label. Woohyun had heard a lot of talk about how stressful the time as a trainee could be, but it was his dream to study music at a college and he needed someone to sponsor this dream. He was scared of having less time with Sunggyu. It would probably be hard without sharing an apartment. Woohyun sighed and pressed his face deeper into the pillow. With the image of Sunggyu’s smile in his mind, the black-haired man slowly forgot his worries and drifted off to sleep.

 

 

 

 

[SUNGGYU]

 

Tuesday started pretty bad for Sunggyu. His mother kicked him out of the bed - not literally kicked of course, more like shoved - and she suddenly confronted him about the payment of the suit. Sunggyu was still confused and disoriented when she explained to him that he would accompany her to work today. The brown-haired man thought about the possibility of faking a blackout, but his mother would probably not buy it. He rubbed his small eyes and grunted when she asked him if he was listening.

 

“It’s all women in my office, so you don’t have to be scared of any strange guys. I’ve told my workers that my son will be working as a new intern starting today. You need to pay off your debt, right? You said you would work for it, baby.”

 

Sunggyu rubbed his temples. He suddenly regretted his overly confident attitude from back then. His stomach jumped at the thought of going to work with her. The office was a place full of strangers, even if all of them were women, and there would be no Woohyun to calm his nerves. But he had promised to work because the suit was his present to Woohyun. He would have to try.

 

‘Don’t call me baby in front of them or I won’t go.’

 

“Don’t worry, I don’t play favorites in the company. You will work like any other intern and be treated like that. If you don’t want to be called baby again, Sunggyu, then you should start changing now - or do you want to go to work in pajamas?” She smiled and ruffled his hair.

 

They really liked to touch him since his phobia had gotten so much better. Sunggyu was fine with it, but his parents made him feel like a child all over again and the brown-haired man didn’t want to feel like a brat. He was old enough to live alone. People at his age didn’t get their hair ruffled by their parents.

 

He pouted and pushed her hand away. Sunggyu stood up and searched for clothes that he could wear at the office. He didn’t have any formal clothing, except for the suit and that certainly would be too much.

 

“Don’t spend too much time choosing your clothes, Sunggyu, or you won’t have any time for breakfast left. Just wear something casual. I’ll be waiting downstairs.” He waved his hand as if to dismiss her and she left the room.

 

In the end, Sunggyu decided on a normal pair of blue jeans and a baggy, black shirt. He wore a dark hoodie above it. The dark colors would make him seem paler, but Sunggyu didn’t like wearing bright colors. Bright things attracted people’s attention, while they tended to ignore darker colors because they seemed more boring. Sunggyu didn’t want to look good or attract attention, so most of his clothes were of a darker color. He had some white shirts as well but he mostly wore them at home. His style of clothing hadn’t changed much from the past. He had never been the type to wear colorful V-necks or the latest brands. He had always liked his clothes simple.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter