Familiar Sound

Breaking the Silence (Edited)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Maybe every three days is my new update speed >w< I don't really have a legit excuse. I was busy with family stuff :3

I've reached 400 subscribers yesterday <3 *throws confetti* *jumps around and screams in joy* thanks a lot! Thanks for supporting this fanfic novel <3 I feel like I'm getting uncreative these days with my updates, but the comments really encourage me ;A; I'm always trying to keep in mind what my readers want to see. The special for the 400 subs will be a yadong chapter :3 expect it soon!

Thanks for the upvotes as well <3 I'm on "second place" if you sort the woogyu tag by votes ;_; how did this happen? I was just a silent reader without an account no one cares a few months ago >-< *hugs everybody* think of me as cheesy or crazy or IDK, but I'm really thankful for the support /sobs

Enjoy the chapter, Howon and Dongwoo continue to bother hang around! :3 (and I promised Woogyu, so Woogyu - duh!)

PS: If you have trouble imagining the picture. Gyu gave a pretty good example at the OGS (y Gyu combined with Omgyu )

 

 

[WOOHYUN]

 

Woohyun retrieved his phone that he had previously cast away. He felt so many emotions while looking at the picture. He had never seen Sunggyu like that before. It was obviously a picture from one of their performances as a band. The boy wore simple clothes; a ripped jeans and a dark shirt. His hands were around the mike stand and his fingers seemed to tease the audience. His eyes were b with confidence as he stared in the direction of the photographer daringly. Woohyun shuddered slightly as he imagined the performance and the wonderful things that Sunggyu’s hands could possibly do with the mike stand. He wanted to see more. He wanted to hear his voice as well. It seemed like the sound could come from the open mouth of the boy any second, but in the end it was just a picture.

 

He was jealous of Yonghwa and anyone else that had seen the older man like this. It was just a picture, but Woohyun could guess from it, that Sunggyu’s personality had been very different from his current one. He looked proud, wild and y, instead of shy and insecure. This boy wasn’t broken yet. He was still chasing his dream and enjoying every minute on stage. The black-haired man wondered if Sunggyu would ever return to his old self. It seemed too far away, too different - like another person. Woohyun hated Jaehwa for changing Sunggyu like that. He wanted to kill him for destroying the old Sunggyu. Jaehwa had practically killed Sunggyu with his crime back then. What had Sunggyu done to deserve such a fate?

 

Woohyun groaned and put his phone into his pocket. Yonghwa had thrown him quite a strong bait, but the younger man wasn’t sure if he should take it or not. He wanted to help Sunggyu with recovering his voice, but Woohyun didn’t want to do things behind his back. He didn’t want to risk doing something that might distance them again. He wanted Sunggyu to know that he was different from Jaehwa. But maybe the older man would never agree to a meeting with his old band member. Woohyun was sure that any further progress was not easy until Sunggyu got his voice and his confidence back. He needed to remember that he was worthy of being loved and having a dream. Sunggyu needed the strength to climb over his past with Jaehwa.

 

The clock on the wall reminded him that he needed to go to work and Woohyun wanted to throw a tantrum, but no one was there to see it and so he decided to save his energy instead. He turned off the TV and got ready for work. Woohyun would rather spend the day with Sunggyu than work, but he needed to earn some money if he wanted Myungsoo to get into college and he needed money for dates with his boyfriend. He chuckled to himself out of happiness as he left the apartment. On the way to the sushi bar, he couldn’t stop thinking about the picture on his phone. He had to suppress the urge to take out his phone and look at it again. It felt kind of forbidden to have it, though Woohyun was legally allowed to have pictures of Sunggyu on his phone. It was better than an embarrassing baby picture at least.

 

He put on his uniform when he reached the restaurant. He distracted his mind with the customers and their orders, but the picture was haunting his mind the whole time. When the black-haired man finally had his break, he couldn’t stop himself anymore and gave in to the temptation. He opened his phone again and wanted to open the picture, but instead he saw a new text from Sunggyu. He stared at the time of the message and cursed quietly.

 

Hyung! ( ≧Д≦) I’m so sorry! I didn’t notice that you wrote me! Forgive this slow tree! I’m not mad at you!! (╥__╥) I still love you lots, don’t worry Gyu! (。♥‿♥。) Thank you for the advice with the locked door! I will make us of it! ♥ I’m taking a break right now, but I’ve been thinking about you the whole time while I was working! <3 I love you, Gyu! Practice using your voice ヾ(^∇^)

      - Woohyun

 

Woohyun hoped that his late answer didn’t make Sunggyu think that he was mad. If anything, he was still feeling remorseful. He hadn’t touched his thigh on purpose, but it had happened nevertheless. The black-haired man ruffled his hair. He wondered if they would ever be able to touch like normal lovers. Woohyun loved him and of course he tried to be patient for him, since he could understand Sunggyu’s fear, but it hurt to be rejected. He wanted to help Sunggyu but he didn’t know how.

 

It’s okay! Sorry for bothering you, when you’re busy. Howon is practicing with me, but I don’t know if I’m making progress or not. Suho brought the picture to our house by the way. Don’t worry! Howon was there to help me. Do your work properly, Woohyun!

                     - Sunggyu

 

He pouted slightly. I’m doing my work properly! Don’t you have something else to say? It was interesting to know that the picture had arrived at their home and that Howon was practicing with him, but Woohyun felt a little sad because Sunggyu hadn’t given him a ‘I love you’ back. And the beginning of the text made him frown too. The brown-haired man never bothered him. How could Sunggyu call himself a bother? Woohyun was happy to receive a message from him. His phone vibrated again and the black-haired man blinked.

 

I love you too.

       - Sunggyu

 

Woohyun laughed to himself and ran a lap through the kitchen. He imagined how embarrassed and maybe red Sunggyu was at the moment because of this simple and short message. He couldn’t wait to hear the words directly from his mouth. The black-haired man quickly wrote another reply.

 

Thank you, hyung! (○゜ε^○)kiss! You’re not a bother. Stop apologizing! Have you told Howon about our new relationship status yet? Maybe he will respect me as his hyung now! -`д´-

      - Woohyun

I’ve told him about it, but he’s still calling
you wuss, wimp and idiot. He likes you
nevertheless! Thank you for being so
patient with me (*´ェ`*) What about you?
Have you talked to Yonghwa already or
has he contacted you?

                   - Sunggyu

 

Woohyun was surprised for a moment. He hadn’t expected Sunggyu to approach the topic first. Does this mean that he wants to try it with Yonghwa’s help? Or is he just suspicious that I might contact him behind his back? The younger man glanced at the clock for a moment to check the time, before he typed a new message.

 

Damn that Lee Howon (>д<)Yonghwa has contacted me, but do you want to meet up with him? I won’t talk to him if you don’t want me to. If you want to try, I can ask if he has time next week. It’s worth a try, right? I won’t be disappointed! (´ε` ) ♥

      - Woohyun

 

 

 

Thank you, Namu, for everything.
I guess we can try it, but I’d rather
not talk to him about the incident.
Don’t stress yourself. It can wait if
you’re busy.

- Sunggyu

 

We will find time! I hope I will survive the weekend, because I’m already missing you like crazy, Gyu-hyung! ♥ I really want to see you soon. Maybe we can eat one last ice cream before summer leaves? I have to get back to work now, but you can spam me with messages if you want to (^ω^)Talk to you later!

 - Woohyun

 

 

 

 

 

 

[SUNGGYU]

 

The long weekend was hard for both of them, but especially for Sunggyu since he didn’t have anything to busy his mind with. His friends and his parents tried to distract him and raise his mood. Dongwoo and Howon had told Sunggyu’s parents about their relationship on Saturday. His parents - or rather his mother - were surprised at first, but they accepted it without further complications. Sunggyu’s mother was even laughing later, because she couldn’t believe that they hadn’t noticed it before. Dongwoo seemed more than happy about their reaction and hugged both of them several times in the following hours. Howon kept himself more in the background, but sometimes he would search for Dongwoo’s hand to intertwine their fingers and Sunggyu could see that he was more relaxed around his parents than usual.

 

He was happy for them, of course, but seeing them so close only made him miss Woohyun more. He had been okay with being alone before; after all his life had always been empty and lonely after the incident. After seven years Sunggyu had gotten used to being alone most of the time, but now he craved for some interaction with other people again - mainly with Woohyun. He didn’t want to fall into another slump alone in his room. So he spent as

Please log in to read the full chapter