Good Impressions

Breaking the Silence (Edited)
Please log in to read the full chapter

So many upvotes <3 I think I've thanked everyone personally already, but big thanks again. I was happy to see so many new votes ;A; thank u!!
I didn't have any internet (except for my smartphone) these days so I couldn't update or reply to comments. I will post the chapter first and then reply to the other comments :3

Small Sunggyu paragraph, lots of Woohyun and Woogyu of course!
There's a small cliffhanger at the end at least I think you will probably feel like it's one xD
 

 

[SUNGGYU]

 

Sunggyu was able to leave the hospital the next day. The previous night, he had fallen asleep while listening to the CD from Woohyun. He couldn’t remember any songs but the first one though. With his newfound strength he would listen to the CD once more at home. The effect from the pills seemed to be gone. His body didn’t feel too heavy anymore and his head felt clearer than the day before. The only thing that still bothered him were the bandages around his hands. A nurse came after breakfast to change them and told Sunggyu that he could take the bandages off tomorrow. He was glad about the news because it was hard to sign anything with his hands bound like that. Doctor Lee gave him another lecture about the consequences of taking too many pills though Sunggyu could only roll his eyes since he had never planned on killing himself like that in the first place.

 

His father came around noon to pick him up. He drove Sunggyu home who was more than happy to leave the hospital behind. The older man told him that his therapist had called and arranged another session with Sunggyu. Apparently Doctor Lee had told her about the incident and she wanted to talk about it with Sunggyu. He wasn’t to keen about sharing these memories with her, but his father told him to go.

 

“You can take someone with you, you know? Maybe you want your new friend to accompany you.” Mr. Kim said with a faint smile on his lips.

 

Sunggyu glanced at him. He was able to type short messages on the tablet from his father. He could only use a limited numbers of his fingers right now, so the big keyboard on the screen was convenient since he was handicapped right now. Sunggyu preferred signing or using the notebook from Woohyun though, especially since the younger man didn’t have a lot of money so Sunggyu didn’t want to show off with his parent’s wealth. Woohyun probably knew they were rich - one of the reasons why he didn’t like Woohyun paying for everything. Sunggyu had some of his own money, but in the end it was money from his parents. They gave him pocket money for small tasks that he could do, but most of the time the brown-haired man was too tired or lazy to do anything.

 

‘He would be bored.’

 

“I don’t think so and his presence seems to calm you down. Is there…maybe something between you that you want to tell me?”

 

He looked at the tablet on his lap. Did his father know that Woohyun was gay or did he just ask? Did they look like more? Sunggyu didn’t know if he should tell his parents about Woohyun’s confession - probably not. His past experience with homoual men was not exactly the best and while he didn’t feel extremely frightened by Woohyun’s feelings, his mother would surely throw him out of her son’s life instantly. His parents weren’t dumb. They had an idea about what happened to him all those years ago. Sunggyu thought it was better to keep it a secret until he could figure his own feelings out.

 

‘We are friends.’

 

His father parked the car in their garage and looked at his son. “I know we’ve never really had those man-to-man talks like other fathers and sons, but if anything troubles you, you can talk to me. I won’t play tattletale and tell your mother about it. I like Woohyun, he’s a nice boy and he tries really hard for you. Don’t hate your mother because she’s so strict on him. I know it’s not showing, but she is trying to accept Woohyun. She still blames herself for that incident.”

 

‘I don’t blame her.’

 

Sunggyu knew all of that. There had been a phase after the incident when he had blamed his parents, especially his mother, for everything. But in the end he knew that it had been his own decision to choose school over his dream. No one had forced him to do that and his mother didn’t force the tutor on him.

 

“You should show her that more often. She’s worried because you’re more distant to us these days. We could go eating together tonight. What do you think?”

 

He shrugged. ‘Okay.’

 

They got out of the car and Sunggyu walked straight to his room like always. He lay the tablet down on his desk and turned the computer on. He put the CD from Woohyun into the drive and turned the volume of the boxes lower. Nell’s album started playing and Sunggyu walked to his bed to lie down. He stared at the ceiling while listening to the songs.

 

The music made him feel a bit nostalgic since his band used to make similar music, but of course not that good and Sunggyu’s voice was probably not even half so good. Sunggyu couldn’t remember the sound of his own voice. Even in his memories he could only hear other people’s voices. Maybe it would be impossible to learn to sing again even if he did get his voice back someday. A part of him wanted to sing together with Woohyun, but it was only a small part. The rest of his brain only thought about the fact that his voice was way too broken for that.

 

But Woohyun had definitely chosen the right CD for him. It was magical how Woohyun had changed his world so much in such a short time. Couldn’t he have appeared a few years earlier? More than anything, Sunggyu was happy right now because he could listen to music again without an immediate panic attack. Loud music or parties were probably still impossible, but being close to the thing he loved the most again was the best feeling. Everything seemed easier and Sunggyu’s world got a little brighter as music returned to it. He wondered how he even survived seven years without it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 [WOOHYUN]

 

Woohyun woke up with a groan. He pressed his face closer to the pillow to block out the sunlight. Last night had been a disaster at work. He had been so tired after visiting the older man in the hospital and during work hours he had messed up orders several times and broken a few plates. Lucky for him the owner was a very patient and understanding man. After work he had gone home immediately and his body had dropped on the bed like a stone. Woohyun probably fell asleep like that, because he was still wearing his old clothes and he smelled like a bottle of soy sauce.

 

Someone knocked on his door and his half-awake brain told him that it had to be Myungsoo. “Hyung, are you awake? You should get up, it’s already afternoon.”

 

He sat up straight and stared at his clock. With a curse on his lips Woohyun jumped out of the bed. He struggled with the blanket and fell down. Myungsoo opened the door and glanced inside. “I cooked lunch an hour ago. There are some leftovers on the table for you. I probably don’t have to remind you, but your work shift starts in 2 hours. I’ll be going now because I have a meeting with Sungyeol.”

 

Woohyun kicked his blanket away angrily and glanced at the younger. “Sungyeol? Are you finally blackmailing him with his pictures?”

 

Myungsoo scoffed. “Well, who knows? I’ve just asked him to help me with school because I’ve missed some classes. He’s older than me and strange enough he’s pretty intelligent.”

 

“Do I smell something different other than tutoring lessons?” Woohyun .

 

“You should take care of your own life, Woohyun-hyung.” Myungsoo stuck out his tongue and limped away.

 

He ran after the boy. “S- life? Yah, Myungsoo, come back here! We need to talk about this!”

 

The younger put on his shoes in the corridor and raised an eyebrow. “Oh god, Woohyun, now? I mean, why? I don’t need a lecture. I know a lot, but thanks for the offer, mom.”

 

“What? How would you know-don’t tell me you’re not a anymore? Who did it?!”

 

Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “Don’t act all innocent. You know there are other ways to get knowledge about this kind of stuff. I saw the videos you had hidden under a plank in the closet. Maybe I should tell Sunggyu-hyung about it.”

 

Woohyun grabbed a fistful of his hair and groaned. “I haven’t touched them for over a month! Don’t use things from the past against me! You’re too young to have . We should talk-“

 

“Blah Blah Blah. I’m not even listening. I really don’t want to talk to you about this. Please just let it go, hyung. I’m going now and you have already lost 10 minutes of your two hours.” The younger boy limped out of the door.

 

If Woohyun wanted to he could easily catch the other, but he didn’t want to bother him too much. He was only worried about Myungsoo, but it was probably awkward to get a lecture about from another man. And maybe - probably - Myungsoo still had feelings for him. When did his little brother grow up so much? He wondered if it had been a good idea to give Myungsoo’s number to Sungyeol. His mind imagined what they might be doing at their tutoring lessons. Woohyun gripped his hair harder. I need to stop thinking about stuff like that! Why is everybody around me talking about this topic lately? It’s like there is a virus going around and I’m the only one stuck in a circle of frustration.

 

Woohyun shuffled to the kitchen and grabbed the dish that Myungsoo had prepared for him. He took it with him to the living room and slumped down on the couch. He the television and watched the news. The food wandered into his mouth automatically while his eyes followed the movements on the screen. Woohyun nearly fell asleep again because they kept talking about politics. The announcer talked about the entertainment industry next. There was another scandal – when was there ever no scandal? – and then she talked about something that caught Woohyun’s interest immediately. He nearly spit out the food in his mouth.

 

“Next week the new exhibition from famous photographer Suho will be opened for the public. Visitors will be able to see a wide range of his works from all kinds of jobs. As everybody knows Suho, the so-called angel of the photography world, not only takes pictures of idols, but also of various landscapes all around the world. The exhibition will be open for a whole month and his company EXO has confirmed that Suho will be at the official opening ceremony next Wednesday at the Seoul Museum of Arts and one of their idol groups will be there for a surprise concert. So everybody that wants to have a look at this handsome man or catch a glimpse of the idol group should come extra early.” The announcer winked at the camera and they turned to the next news corner.

 

The black-haired man stared at the screen with an open mouth. That’s the guy from the C

Please log in to read the full chapter