Important promises

Breaking the Silence (Edited)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Not 200 subscribers yet but I will post the new chapter nevertheless D:
Thanks to the new subscribers <3 (I never thought so many people would read this lol)

Enjoy~ the date starts at the end of the chapter. The rest will follow in chapter 14!
 

 

[WOOHYUN]

 

Woohyun was deep in thought on his way back home. He couldn’t forget Sunggyu’s tear-stained face and the moment when that face had been pressed against his chest. He could still feel those fragile arms around his body. The black-haired man found it hard to believe that Sunggyu had initiated the touch this time. A strong hug even! He must have been really scared… Woohyun wanted to know what the therapist and Sunggyu had talked about, but he knew doctors were not allowed to tell a third person. At least he knew that they must’ve talked about him since Mrs. Park recognized him. Namu, what a funny nickname. Normally he would hate to be compared to something boring and dumb like that, but in Sunggyu’s case it filled him with happiness. Since the older man liked nature he would automatically like Woohyun the tree as well.

 

He felt a bit bitter though. Why couldn’t he go with Dongwoo and Sunggyu too? Latter would surely talk to his best friend about his session with the therapist. First the thing with Myungsoo and then he finds Sunggyu in this state at the doctor’s office. Was it a good sign that he had gone there or should Woohyun worry now? Not like he wasn't always worrying about Sunggyu anyways.

 

He sighed and opened the door to his home. The apartment was dark and quiet. Myungsoo was probably still sleeping in his room. He walked to the living room and shuddered because it was kind of cold. Woohyun missed Sunggyu’s warmth already. He wanted to hug the fragile man again and this time maybe he would hug him back. The younger man had been too scared to do so in the office. Could he believe that they were closer now? Dongwoo had stared at them like his eyes would pop out any second. Woohyun was sure that Sunggyu didn’t just hug any stranger when he was in panic. He could have hugged Dongwoo after all, but he didn’t. He chose Woohyun. The black-haired man smiled to himself.

 

With the smile was still on his face Woohyun floated into the kitchen. At least he felt like his feet weren’t touching the ground. He looked for something to eat inside the fridge, but then he remembered that they still had leftovers from lunch. Woohyun cut the remaining meat into smaller pieces and put them into the sauce. He put the pot onto the hotplate and heated it up. The man started humming a song. He was still worried about Sunggyu’s breakdown but the hug outweighed everything else. Woohyun turned the temperature down and walked towards Myungsoo’s room to wake the younger up. He carefully opened the door and peeked inside. The boy was sleeping peacefully in his bed.

 

Woohyun walked to his side and ruffled the younger’s hair. “Soo, you have to eat something. Wake up!”

 

Myungsoo groaned in his sleep. “I’m not hungry, hyung. Eat with your boyfriend.”

 

“He left and you, my brother, need to eat something.” He poked the flat cheeks of the younger. Woohyun couldn’t help but wonder what Sunggyu’s cheeks felt like. They looked so fluffy lately.

 

The boy opened his eyes and gave him an annoyed look. “Stop that, hyung!”

 

“No, it’s my revenge for your teasing.” Woohyun smirked.

 

“It’s not my fault that you’re so easy to tease. You have the mindset of a 9-year-old.”

 

He put the younger in a headlock and ruffled his hair a little harder. “H-Hyung! I’m an injured person!”

 

Woohyun chuckled. “You little brat! You’re lucky that I love you!”

 

Myungsoo mumbled something but he couldn’t understand it. He smiled. “Don’t be shy! I know you love me too.”

 

The boy snorted. “No, I hate you! As soon as I’m old enough I will leave this house!”

 

“Should I call Mrs. Lee then? I bet she would love to take you in, Myungie.”

 

Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “I have to choose between kindergarten and madhouse? Hard choice! Can you let go of me now, beloved brother?”

 

“Of course I can, my little brother.” Woohyun retracted his arms. “So your home is a kindergarten now?”

 

“Yes and I have my hands full with the biggest baby of Seoul. I hope someone will relieve me of my burden one of these days. Maybe Sunggyu wants to adopt a 22-year-old toddler.” The younger smirked.

 

Woohyun’s face turned serious suddenly. He knew that Myungsoo was only joking of course, but sometimes he wasn’t sure if the boy told the truth or just a lie. He always did his best to ensure that Myungsoo grew up well, but at times like these he wondered if the black-haired boy was really happy. Woohyun knew that he could be quite a child sometimes. He was barely an adult himself at 22 years old. The life in the orphanage had made him an adult much early though and now he missed the childhood that he never had. He wanted to catch up on it now. Woohyun wanted Myungsoo to enjoy his childhood, but the younger rarely smiled and if he did it was only for his brother. In the past he had always known when Myungsoo was joking or when he was serious. Nowadays the man wasn’t so sure anymore.

 

“Myungsoo…are you happy?” Woohyun asked the younger.

 

The boy smiled weakly. “Of course, why do you ask? Do I look unhappy?”

 

He sat down on the edge of the bed. “I’m still thinking about the things the doctor said. You know, that you might be stressed out. I doubt that you drink alcohol behind my back.”

 

“It’s just my blood sugar level, hyung. You should worry about yourself. You will get wrinkles if you continue to worry about everything.”

 

“Stop joking around for a moment, Soo. I’m serious! If something or someone is bothering you please tell me. You don’t have to hide from me. I know I’m not very dependable. I know I can never replace your parents, but we made a promise to stick together no matter what, right?” Woohyun looked at the other, but Myungsoo lowered his gaze.

 

The younger clutched the blanket harder. “Don’t talk about our promise when you’re going to break it anyways. You’re going to leave me for Sunggyu.”

 

“I’m not going to abandon you suddenly, Soo. You’re the only family that I have. I will always be there for you. I’m not even sure if things with Sunggyu will work out, but it would be great if you could get along with him.”

 

Myungsoo sighed. “Right, family. Your little brother forever.”

 

Woohyun frowned. “Soo, just tell me what’s wrong already! If I did something to upset you-“

 

The boy threw his pillow at the older man. “You upset me right now! Sometimes I wish you would’ve left me in the orphanage! I don’t want you as my brother! I hate this!”

 

He winced at his words. Woohyun grabbed the pillow and stared at it. He never knew Myungsoo was feeling like this about their living arrangements. The man had always thought he did something good by getting Myungsoo out of the orphanage. They had sworn to stick together after all. Had he just been delusional all this time?

 

“Woohyun…I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it like that. I-“

 

“No, it’s okay. I understand.”

 

The older man wanted to stand up and leave, but Myungsoo sat up quickly. He grabbed his wrist and pulled him back. The boy gave him a quick peck on the lips before he let go of his wrist and hid under the blanket. “Idiot.”

 

Woohyun blinked several times. He raised his hand and touched his lips. The man looked at the bulge under the blanket. He couldn’t believe that Myungsoo had kissed him just now. On the lips. Why did he kiss me? Oh, Soo, don’t tell me you… Woohyun sighed. That would explain your behavior these days.

 

“Soo, I-“

 

“I know.” Myungsoo interrupted. His voice was muffled, but Woohyun could hear that it was shaking.

 

Woohyun didn’t know what to say. He loved Myungsoo, but only as a brother. How was it possible that he had never noticed it before? The way the younger looked at him or the way he reacted when Woohyun fell in love with somebody. How Myungsoo had never shown interest in anyone else. He felt guilty for not noticing it. Woohyun tried to remember if maybe he had even given the younger a reason to hope for more unintentionally.

 

“For how long?” Woohyun caressed Myungsoo’s back that was hidden under the blanket.

 

“I don’t know, for some years. Those feelings were just there someday. I knew I could never tell you.”

 

He his lips nervously. “Why? I mean I…we could have talked about it.”

 

“Woohyun, don’t give me false hope. I knew your answer without asking. You’ve never seen me as something more than you’re little brother. I didn’t want to ruin our relationship or burden you. I was so thankful when you got me out of that place back then. I would’ve done anything for you in return so I tried to forget about it and be the brother that you wanted.”

 

That must be the reason why his blood sugar level was so low. He was stressed out because he had to hide his feelings. I’m such a blind idiot! He wasn’t sure what he would’ve done back then if Myungsoo had confessed to him. Woohyun couldn’t deny the fact that he wasn’t able to return his feelings. The boy was very important to him, but only as a family member.

 

“Hyung, just forget about it. Don’t be sad. I didn’t mean my previous words. I am happy. Even if I had the chance to change the past I wouldn’t do it. Well except for falling in love with a hopeless idiot of course.” Myungsoo laughed dryly. “Honestly this confession .”

 

“How can I forget about it? If you don’t want Sunggyu to come by anymore-“ Myungsoo pushed the blanket aside and looked at Woohyun.

 

He could see that the boy’s eyes were a bit red. Myungsoo glared at him. “Don’t make me kick you, Nam Woohyun. Why are you behaving like a pansy now? I don’t want you to treat me differently. It would only make things harder for me. I don’t w

Please log in to read the full chapter