Games & Surprises

Breaking the Silence (Edited)
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello lovely reader-nims~ Everything's okay with my bank account, but I need a new card =^= but at least I've submitted my second presentation successfully. Now I have some air to breath until next friday.

Thanks for subscribing like always <3 bear hugs to everyone that comments! luv~ *3*

Have fun with the chapter! It's slightly longer than the previous ones.
 

 

[SUNGGYU]

 

“Seriously guys don’t waste my money like that! This is the last one. Don’t make this so hard! I’m not expecting you two to kiss -because Hobear is mine and mine alone!- but you could at least bite the stick at the same time!” Dongwoo threw his hands in the air.

 

The black-haired man frowned. “I’m trying, but he keeps on eating the stick once I get too close!”

 

Howon snorted. “I don’t want to share food with him! I bet he’s got some contagious disease! And don’t forget the 6 sticks that you ate, Woohyun!”

 

“I’m perfectly healthy! You were making scary faces when you wanted to bite!”

 

“I was trying to concentrate, you wuss!”

 

“Concentrate on what? Killing me? I know you don’t like me, but it’s only a Pepero!”

 

Sunggyu watched his friends with a smile. Before the Pepero game Dongwoo had tried various other things, but the outcome was always the same. One of them would make a stupid comment and they would get into another childish argument. They always found a reason to oppose Dongwoo’s ideas, but his bag seemed like a black hole. He felt kind of sorry for Woohyun, because the younger at least tried to do the games, but Howon never cooperated. But it was funny to watch them bicker nevertheless.

 

“Calm down, both of you or I’ll share the last stick with Sunggyu-hyung!” The blond man threatened them.

 

“No! I want to share it with him!” Woohyun jumped up and snatched the cookie stick from Dongwoo’s hands.

 

The black-haired boy knelt down in front of Sunggyu and the older man leaned back. Woohyun took the side without chocolate between his teeth and gave him a pleading look. He raised his hands. ‘No.’

 

Howon appeared next to them and grabbed Woohyun by his collar. Before the younger could spit the stick out or eat it, Hoya took a bite quickly. For a moment Sunggyu thought their heads would clash. The stick broke in two and Dongwoo clapped his hands cheerfully. “Not exactly how the game goes, but hey you were connected for about one millisecond! I bet you feel closer now! Time for the next game!”

 

Woohyun ate the rest of the stick with a sour face. “Another one, hyung?”

 

“You can choose between a surprise and another round of Twister!”

 

“Babe, don’t you think you’re going overboard? He wants to be Sunggyu’s friend not ours!” Howon frowned.

 

“Hyung’s friends are our friends!” Dongwoo insisted. “You two should get along!”

 

Sunggyu nodded and scribbled something in his notebook. He held the writing up with a pout. ‘Do it for me~ pretty please?’

 

Woohyun grabbed his hair. “Hyung, sudden cuteness attacks are against the rules! It’s super effective! You need to give me preparation time!”

 

“Don’t look at Sunggyu-hyung like that!” Howon hit his head lightly.

 

The black-haired man glanced at the younger. “Yah! I’m your hyung, too! And I don’t know what kind of look you’re talking about!”

 

“You know what I’m talking about!”

 

“No!”

 

“Yes!”

 

“No!”

 

Sunggyu didn’t understand what they were talking about. He pouted again unconsciously because his plan had failed. He really wanted them to become friends, but it seemed impossible. It was probably wrong to force them to like each other. There was nothing he could do if those two hated each other so much. Watching them was fun for him, but Woohyun was probably annoyed by now though he wasn’t showing it. He wondered why it was so impossible for them to get along. Was it his fault?

 

“See what you’ve done! Now hyung is sad!” Dongwoo said with a frown.

 

The two men stopped bickering and looked at Sunggyu. ‘You don’t have to force yourselves.’

 

Howon and Woohyun looked at each other. The older one clicked his tongue. “Ceasefire?”

 

“Because Sunggyu-hyung wants it.” Hoya agreed.

 

Dongwoo smiled. “Great, now that we’ve sorted that out - Twister or surprise?”

 

They looked at Sunggyu for an answer. The elder tilted his head to the side as he thought about it. The last round of Twister had nearly ended in a bloodbath when Woohyun had touched Dongwoo’s with his left hand accidently. ‘Show us the surprise!’

 

“Yes, sir!”

 

They all watched in anticipation as Dongwoo pulled something else from his bag. To Sunggyu’s disappointment it was only an apple. He raised an eyebrow. Was it supposed to be used like Pepero?

 

Woohyun groaned. “This is ridiculous! I’d rather do another round with the Pepero sticks!”

 

“Well, you've wasted your chance when you ate them all. Think positive – the apple is healthier!”

 

Howon looked at his boyfriend with a frown. “Can’t we just shake hands with each other? I’ll even try to smile sincerely.”

 

Dongwoo shook his head. Woohyun cursed. “Let’s settle for a 5 seconds hug!”

 

“How is that better than the apple game?” The blond man asked, but his expression showed light interest.

 

“Babe, accept the frigging hug! I’m not doing something like that in front of Sunggyu-hyung, especially not with someone other than you.”

 

“Okay, a 5 seconds hug and you have to tell each other one thing you like about the other person.” Dongwoo smirked.

 

Hoya snorted. “I knew I should’ve stayed at home to watch ‘School 2013’.”

 

Woohyun gasped. “You watch it, too?”

 

They looked at each other. “Yes…wait! Who’s your favorite actor in the series?”

 

“Kwak Jungwook of course! He’s definitely not getting enough attention!”

 

“Yeah, everyone is only talking about Woobin! I never thought you would watch that kind of show...”

 

Sunggyu glanced at the blond man who shrugged as their eyes met. Dongwoo sat down next to him while the other two discovered their common love for ‘School 2013’. He didn’t know the show of course since Sunggyu wasn’t watching a lot of TV, but he was happy that they were talking to each other without insults. It was kind of surprising how the mood had changed suddenly.

 

Dongwoo offered the apple to his friend. “I guess we won’t need the apple anymore.”

 

The older man took a bite. He felt a little jealous of Howon because he could talk so easily with Woohyun about things they both liked. Sunggyu thought about things he had in common with Woohyun, but except for their love for Sushi or nature he couldn’t think of anything. Woohyun seemed so happy talking about that series. Sunggyu frowned and took another bite.

 

“Are you okay, hyung?” Dongwoo asked him.

 

Sunggyu turned his gaze away from Woohyun. ‘Sure, why are you asking?’

 

“You don’t seem happy. Shouldn’t we celebrate that they’re getting along now?”

 

‘I guess I’m a little...jealous.’ Dongwoo beamed and he flushed a little. ‘I mean because they have something in common and they…talk.’

 

The blond man hugged him suddenly and Sunggyu stiffened under the touch.

 

“Yah, Dongwoo!” Two voices called at the same time.

 

The blond man released Sunggyu from his hug. ‘What was that for?’

 

“Sorry, hyung, I’m just too happy~” Dongwoo apologized with a wide smile.

 

He gave his friend a doubting look. What is he so happy about? I’m so pitiful…why am I jealous of Howon? It was my own cowardly decision to stay mute. I can’t blame my friends for that.

 

Howon and his boyfriend exchanged looks. “We’ll be back in a second.”

 

The two of them walked away and left Sunggyu alone with the black-haired man. Sunggyu saw them stop and they were obviously talking to each other, but he couldn’t make anything out.

 

Woohyun sat down close to him. “I wonder what they’re discussing. What did Dongwoo-hyung and you talk about?”

 

Sunggyu blinked. He didn’t know if he should tell the other. It’s not like he wanted to talk again suddenly. He had only thought for a moment how nice it would be to talk with Woohyun like Howon does. Even if he could talk, Sunggyu couldn’t think of anything intelligent to say. He didn’t watch TV or anything special. I’m pretty boring now that I think about it. I can only tell people about my day in bed. Maybe he should start watching the series.

 

“Hyung! You’re spacing out again!”

 

‘Sorry, Woohyun. I’m just happy that you’re closer with Howon now.’

 

Woohyun laughed. “I still think he’s a muscle idiot, but let’s keep that a secret between us. I still like Sunggyu-hyung the most~”

 

Sunggyu stared at the notebook on his lap. ‘Although we have nothing in common? I’m boring. I’m sure you have better friends.’

 

The black-haired man shook his head. “I thought I told you to stop saying those things! You’re great, hyung! It’s okay even if we have nothing in common. Opposites attract, right?”

 

There was silence for a moment as Sunggyu thought about Woohyun’s words. He wanted to believe him, but he couldn’t find anything special about himself that would interest the other. He was just like a blank paper, ancient yellowed paper that no one would use anymore. He was not even the opposite of Woohyun. Sunggyu was simply nothing. He tried to think about the last time somethi

Please log in to read the full chapter