Comfort

[LJong/MyungJong] Comfort

 

-Sungjong’s POV-

 

Ugh… Why can’t I get to sleep?

I close my eyes again, trying to picture sheep jumping over a fence, one by one.

…Waiting…

Okay, well, that doesn’t work. Whose stupid idea was that? How on earth is that supposed to help you sleep? If anything, it does the opposite – it keeps your mind working by thinking about how many sheep are jumping over a freaking fence!

I sigh and sit up. This is going nowhere. I can’t relax. I just keep thinking… Even if it’s only thinking, “go to sleep or you’ll be really grumpy in the morning”, it still prevents me from getting to sleep.

Standing up, I head over to the door and open it slowly, tip-toeing outside and shutting the door again behind me. I quietly walk down the hallway a little, to Myungsoo’s room. He’s probably asleep by now so maybe he won’t notice me.

I slip silently through the door and stumble blindly through the darkness. The moonlight from the window guides me to his large bed. He’s asleep, as I guessed, with his body curled up under the covers.

I slip into the bed, trying not to wake him. Despite my efforts, the movement of the mattress under my weight wakes Myungsoo. He turns around, looking me in the eyes. His expression is calm; almost unreadable.

“What are you doing here?” he whispers after a short while.

“I couldn’t sleep in my room. It’s lonely.” I reply, pouting a little.

He sighs by doesn’t object to my intrusion.

“Come here.”

He opens his arms for me to snuggle closer to him. I oblige, feeling comfort and warmth as his arms circle my shoulders and back. Placing my hands lightly on his bare chest, I smile at him before closing my eyes. He starts to softly my hair with one hand. I can feel his breath on my forehead. It’s relaxing.

He pulls back and leans down to kiss my cheek first and then to lightly kiss my lips. I smile at him and kiss him again.

Yawning sleepily, I wrap my arms around his waist, feeling sleep engulf my mind gradually.

“I love you.” I whisper.

I hear Myungsoo whisper back before falling asleep.

“Love you too, Sungjong.”