Taking the Bestfriend Out For A Walk

What Happens in SM, Stays in SM [though EXO thinks otherwise]

 

 

 

Taking The Bestfriend Out For A Walk

 

 

 

 

Blood rushed through Lena’s veins. The cold caress of the fragrant Seoul wind brushed along her warm cheeks, playing along with her senses. It was a rush, and it’s a very familiar feeling. It was just like when she got chased down that street they just passed by. But this rush wasn’t just out of fear, it was excitement and overflowing happiness, and yes, 60% of it was fangirling over the fact that she’s riding a blue bike along the park with Amber, in Seoul.

 

Lena pedalled faster to catch up to the girl wearing a very different outfit from what she had on earlier that day. She smiled.

 

A new breeze embraced the seventeen-year-old tourist as she went faster. She took a deep breath and thought to herself, I’m really here. Not a dream, not another story I made up. A strong gust of wind made her smile and do the unexpected. She slowly released her grip on the bicycle and shot her arms as high as she can.

 

“Woooh! I’m in Seoul with this random person!” She shouted out pointing at Amber.

 

Eyes were on her coming from a lot of different directions.

 

This is the best day ever!” She let her arms down and continued to pedal the bike to go faster without controlling the handles.

 

Amber had her eyes wide at the deranged girl. She was partly worried she might fall over but all in all amazed with what she was seeing.

 

“Where’d you learn that?”  Amber said, eyeing where Lena’s arms were resting comfortably.

 

Lena chuckled. She gripped the bike and leaned to her left to scare Amber like she’s going to crash into her. The older one screamed for dear life fearing she might tip over and hurt her precious face.

 

“It’s called childhood unnie,” Lena mocked.

 

“Yeah, right,” Amber snorted.

 

“You’re just jealous ‘cos you ain’t got these skills,” Lena bragged letting go of the bike once more. “Childhood was pretty good on me, wasn’t it?”

 

Amber laughed. “Was?”

 

Lena raised her eyebrows.

 

“Childhood never left you for seventeen years, and it seems like it’s not wearing off any time soon.” Amber smirked.

 

Lena turned closer to Amber and pushed her a little. Given that Amber didn’t spend time biking that much and she didn’t like it that much either, the poor girl panicked and screamed until she went into a full stop.

 

Lena laughed her out while pedalling back to her unnie.

 

“I almost died you little .” Amber glared at the little girl while grasping her chest.

 

Lena kept on laughing until another cold gust of wind put a chill down her spine.

 

“I think we’ve had enough of this today,” Amber said while getting off the bike.

 

The two walked to the nearest bike parking spot.

 

“It’s getting cold out,” Lena said, looking at the sky. She saw the colors dancing through the strands of wavy clouds painting the vast canvass. “It’s beautiful,”

 

Amber turned to see what Lena was babbling about. She slapped Lena’s shoulder, “Walk faster! It’s almost sunset!”

 

Lena picked up her pace to catch up to Amber though she couldn’t take her eyes off the colourful sky. Luckily, there were very few people walking along that path or Lena could’ve hurt anybody with the blue bicycle.

 

 

 

“Run!” Amber called out.

 

“Running!” Lena answered, panting.

 

Amber noticed something wrong with Lena. She stopped and stared at the girl for a few seconds and raised her eyebrows, “Where the is the camera?”

 

Lena stopped, remembering where she had the camera last. “Well, .” Lena charged to the bike park.

 

After a few moments, Lena came running back with the camera and Amber let out a sigh of relief.

 

 

 

“Look! It’s like those chewy thingies in bubble teas.”  Lena pointed a cluster of round, lumpy clouds near the sunset.

 

Amber smiled.

 

“Unnie, I wonder, is bubble tea really good here as the others say, or it’s just pure exaggeration?” Lena asked.

 

“Well, to be honest, it’s better in China ‘cos it came from there. But there are some shops here that make really good bubble tea. Speaking of which,” Amber pointed at a shop down at the other building. “That’s the place you’re looking for.”

 

Lena nodded and went back in admiring the sunset and took more pictures of it.

 

“Want me to take you there later?” Amber asked, slowly leaning her arms on the railings of the rooftop they were staying on.

 

Lena took a few second to answer; she was too at awe with the shots she just made.

 

“Maybe next time,” Lena answered briefly.

 

Amber laughed. “That’s what Kris said.”

 

Lena got distracted and laughed at Amber. “That was actually funny unnie, five points for you.” She high-fived the short-haired one, Lena then quickly fell speechless looking at the sky. She loves taking pictures of nature, she preferred taking shots of trees and animals and sceneries rather than people.

 

“It’s really beautiful,” Lena whispered.

“It’s prettier than the sunsets back home.”

 

“Nah, all sunsets are the same.” Amber said.

 

“I don’t think so. This is prettier, much more colourful, I think.”

 

“Sunsets are always the same, everywhere. It’s just the way you look at it that makes it special, colourful, or even dull.”

 

“Man, that’s deep.” Lena sighed.

 

“What I’m trying to say is you’re very happy now, aren’t you?” Amber looked at Lena.

 

“Very,” Lena smiled.

 

“That’s why this sunset looked its best today, because you’re happy. The happier you are, the more colors you see.” Amber finished off cheerfully.

 

Lena quickly took Amber in her arms and hugged her very tightly. Amber smiled and did the same.

 

“The happier you are, the more colors you see. It seems like the world is all on retina display in my eyes. I think I’m getting a little too happy. ” Lena whispered. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the moment she had alone with her friend she’s been longing to see for four months. Not just a friend, her older sister.

 

Amber laughed and released Lena from her embrace. “We’re actually worried about Chanyeol’s eyes now. I wonder how many colors that derp sees, he’s a very happy person, too happy if you ask me.”

 

Lena laughed. “Lay off of our Chanyeol oppa, he’s happy and that’s what makes him who he is. He’s a very colourful sunset.”

 

“Whatever you say, fangirl,” Amber dragged Lena down the stairs.

 

They were walking down the wide path of the park admiring the bright lights of the dimming streets. Lena was turning her head towards every direction not sure which interesting thing she should check out first. Amber grabbed Lena’s arm and pointed at a restaurant she’s been fond with for a while now.

 

“See that?”

 

“Yep,”

 

“We’re gonna eat there, maybe tomorrow. Or the next day. Just when-  Before you go.” Amber said.

 

“What would we eat?” Lena’s eyes widened at the thought of food.

 

“Some Korean food I know you’ll like, and, they serve really good tea there. You’ll love it.”

 

“Tea, really?”

 

“You don’t like tea?” Amber pouted.

 

“I don’t hate it, I don’t particularly like it either. I’m just not used to drinking that within meals, we don’t do that back home.”

 

“Oh, right.” Amber fell silent.

 

“What about bubble tea?" Amber pointed at the shop she mentioned earlier.

 

“I want to go with someone else when I go there.”

 

“Why?” Amber pouted.

 

“Don’t act like that, unnie. I just want to experience touring around with someone else. Maybe Kris oppa would want to show me around,” Lena laughed at the thought of Kris acting up as a tour guide and fans would jump up on him in a second.

 

“Sehunnie would want to,” Amber suggested, she kept walking and stared blankly at the busy crowd walking through the park.

 

Lena laughed. Amber quickly fixed her eyes on the girl's face.

 

“I’m serious, Sehun likes you, I’ve seen how he looks like when you come near him. It’s a miracle he let you borrow that,” Amber pointed at the red beanie on Lena’s head. “What gave him off is that he ran after us ‘cos he wanted you to wear it again.”

 

“He’s just nice. Maknaes are usually like that, aren’t they?”

 

“Well, Krystal isn’t." Amber chuckled. "I’m telling you, Sehun likes you.”

 

“That’s way over the top. I’m a random girl he just saw this morning and he haven’t even talked to me yet, how would he like me? He’s way out of my league, unnie, he’s too good for me and let’s face it, he’s a world famous person and I’m just a fan who happens to be your friend. Liking me is too good to be true.”

 

“That’s unfair isn’t it? How you think of us like that.”  Amber’s tone suddenly changed and she stopped in her tracks. “Aren’t we allowed to like whoever the we want to like? We’re normal people like you Lena, so is Sehun. I’ve known that kid for four years now and I’ve never seen him act like this since you came around. He’s a just quiet boy who’s in the middle of a war for an international throne of fame, he doesn’t want to be with someone from that war, he wants someone that’ll take him away from the noise when he’s alone with her. A reminder that he could always give up the war and he’ll know someone’s there waiting for him.”

 

Lena was struck with the sharp point within Amber’s words.  She was a hypocrite for not understanding Amber and Sehun’s side. But an idol or not, she thinks Sehun just looks too good for her. Whatever Amber said was too good to be true.

 

Lena felt bad wanted to get the mood back up.

 

She grabbed Amber's wrists and shook them. “I just wanted to hang out with Kris, and a bubble tea.” Lena smiled adorably, twinkling her eyes on Amber.

 

“I know. I’m sorry for shouting - kinda. Just think of what I said, okay?”

 

“Okay.” Lena smiled.

 

Amber laughed and slung her arm on Lena’s shoulder.

 

“Coffee or tea?” She asked.

 

“What?” Lena looked confused.

 

“Sssh, I ask the questions here. Coffee or tea?”

 

“Coffee of course.” Lena answered quickly.

 

“Moon or sun?” Amber walked faster, dragging Lena along.

 

“That’s a what the amber question.” Lena rolled her eyes.

 

“Just answer it.” Amber sighed.

 

“Moon.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Moon Moon,” Lena said the first thing in her mind and laughed.

 

“No, seriously.”

 

Lena rolled her eyes and took a deep breath. “Because I can look at the moon whenever I want and it'll never blind me like that douchebag sun would, and it’s pretty the way it shines brighter when the night falls darker.”

 

“So, emo.” Amber snorted. “Pressing on! Summer or rain?”

 

“Rain.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I get to oversleep, stay at home and drink hot coffee. It’s cuddle weather, no need to argue with that.”

 

“You got someone to cuddle with?”

 

“Pillows.”

 

“What pillows pillows, or pillows your moon moon dog?”

 

“Pillows the moon moon dog.”

 

“You cuddle up with your dog?”

 

“Don’t judge me.” Lena pouted.

 

“Let’s just move on to another question.” Amber said trying to supress her laughter.

 

“That would be best.” Lena nodded.

 

“Okay, Super Junior or EXO?” Amber shot loudly.

 

Lena gasped. She stopped walking and stared blankly into the horizon. It took her a few seconds to snap out of it.

 

“You’re like making me choose between my older brothers and my newly adopted brothers from another planet. You’re cruel.”

 

“Just answer me,”

 

“Super Junior brought me into this . If it weren’t for them I would’ve been living peacefully not knowing anything about this abundance of gorgeous boys in your blessed country. I would’ve been studying right now. But no! Suju were all like come here little girl, we’ve got a lot of candies for you. I didn’t know they were man candies?!” Lena answered dramatically.

 

“This is getting quite inappropriate for your age, let’s move on.”

 

“No, let me finish this,” Lena sat in a nearby stone bench. More and more people are starting to recognize Amber. A little crowd is forming just by their side, murmurs rang with the crowd curious if the girl was really Amber.

 

“Exo? Exo exo exo.” Lena shook her head from side to side, deciding which of the many feels she has for EXO she would tell Amber.

 

Amber face-palmed herself so hard it made a sound.

 

“Exo are like new students the teacher announces in your new class in a new school year. Everyone’s excited to meet them and I was like the only one not giving a single ounce of a . But when I actually paid attention for a moment, I fall in love. Like fall really deep, like tartarus kind of deep. And there’s no escape.”

 

“Let’s just go back.” Amber picked Lena up and pulled her along.

 

“It’s very hard to choose from those two. That was a very difficult question.” Lena pointed out.

 

Amber sirked at Lena's wierdness for those immature boys hanging around their building. 

 

A question quickly came across her mind. A question she'd been wanting to ask her friend long before she came there. A perfect timing, she thought, that Lena came to her at the right moment. Maybe this wasn't just perfect timing, maybe this is what fate was. All what Amber needed to do was pop her the question. What could possibly go wrong? She knew Lena would say yes, if she does, all her dreams would be just a wink away. Why would she say no? Amber thought of the easiest way to break everything to Lena very gently. She knew the smallest things could make this girl flip out. Lena was too crazy.

“I’ve got another one, a more difficult question.” Amber’s vibrant tone disappeared. 

 

“What is it?” Lena got curious about Amber suddenly turning very serious.

 

"You go back home on Thursday, right?"

 

"Uh, yeah." Lena furrowed her eyebrows. That wasn't a very difficult question.

 

"I'm gonna make you an offer that'll change your life." Amber whispered very closely into Lena's ears.

 

Lena smirked. "I know what it is."

 

Amber's eyes widened. "You know? What, you say yes?" She asked excitedly.

 

"I know you love me, and I love you too."

 

Amber shot a disgusted look at Lena. 

 

"But don't you think I'm too young to get married? Give me a few years, I'll be yours."  Lena patted Ambers back.

 

Amber gritted her teeth and pushed Lena away from her as far as she could. "What the hell? Who said I wanted to marry you? Ew, I have my standards and you're really far off from that."

 

Lena laughed loudly clutching her bell as she walked back to Amber's side. "No, seriously, what was it?" she asked, slowly calming herself down.

 

"What if I told you you could stay here with me - with us?" Amber whispered.

 

"I don't-  I seriously don't get it when you talk cryptically." Lena shrugged.

 

Amber sighed.  "You could go back home by Thursday like nothing happened, or," She paused.

 

“What?” Lena tugged on Amber's shirt.

 

"Or you could stay here and be like me." Amber smirked at Lena.

 

"What? Like, like a beautiful biual female?"

 

"Dammit Lena, I'm serious here." Amber slapped Lena on her shoulder. "And I'm not biual. This is just how I do my swag."

 

"Then what do you mean by staying here and be like you? Can't you just give it to me straight? I hate it when you keep me guessing, my head hurts."  Lena bit her lip.

 

Amber pulled Lena closer. She held Lena tightly as she started. With every word that came out of Amber's lips, Lena's mind sailed off to nowhere. Lena smiled but those subtle smirks immediately fade as fast as they appeared, signs that she was not completely happy with what she's hearing.

 

Amber explained everything to the seventeen-year-old girl on their long walk back to the building. Lena remained silent the whole time and just kept nodding at everything. Amber wasn’t sure if Lena did understand, she seemed lost after all the things she told her. Maybe they should talk about this some other time, but the big day’s just around the corner and she was certain Lena might just miss it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

author's AWESOME note:

I just went through my first day in college,

IT WAS AWESOME :]

The fact that there were many students as crazy as me made it 9000x better than I expected LOL

I'm fangirling over the fact that this has nearly 1000 views, petty, but I'm spazzingヽ( ≧ω≦)ノ, don't judge me pls :3

I'll post a bonus chap when I finally reach a thousand,

I'm going to sleep love you bye (• ε •)