Coffee, Anyone?

What Happens in SM, Stays in SM [though EXO thinks otherwise]

 

 

Coffee, Anyone?

 

 

 

“Don’t look back, just walk straight. Eyes on the ground at all times and just let Kris hold you till we’re inside the shop.” Amber said briefly.

 

Doesn’t that sound a little erted? Let Kris hold you?” Kris repeated.

 

Don’t start with me.” Amber let out an annoyed sigh.

 

Kris laughed. “Okay, I’ll stop.”

 

“One, two, three,” The two counted in unison when they got to the gate.

 

Lena looked around and saw more girls in front of the building than there were earlier when she got there.

 

Run!” Amber shouted.

 

Wait! What?” Lena shouted. Kris dragged her along.

 

The crowd of girls behind them started shouting Kris and Amber’s name.

 

“Oppa!” One shouted out.

 

The three ran faster as they heard footsteps come closer. Lena fell behind as visions of the same incident flash back in her mind.

 

Kris took her hand and pulled her into his arms when he saw the fans start to take pictures of the little girl. Lena pulled down the beanie to cover her more. The strands of hair falling down her face swayed with the air and she laughed.

 

What’s your problem?” Kris asked, panting in every word.

 

“I just thought, it’s fun when you’re running away with someone. It’s kinda terrifying when you get chased alone.” Lena laughed, Amber did as well. Then there’s Kris with a confused face not knowing what events happened to Lena earlier before she finally got into the building.

 

Amber pointed to a shop with glass windows and doors. She pulled the door open and pulled Lena in. Kris held the door and pushed Amber inside. “Get in!”

 

Kris pulled the door to close faster but the hydraulic stopper was saying no.

 

The fans drew closer and the door finally shut closed.

 

“Lock it! Lock it!” A guy behind them shouted.

 

Kris reached for the lock on top of the door and pulled on it. He did the same on the lock at the bottom. The fans crowded out the shop making the inside dimmer than usual. They screamed out Kris’s name over and over again, the windows were plastered with signs with Amber’s name and pictures on them.

 

Kris took a deep breath and turned around, “Hi, hyung.” He waved.

 

Lena turned around and saw a very familiar face behind the counter.

 

“How on earth are you gonna get out now?” The man asked. As Kris went nearer, the man was shadowed by Kris’s tall figure.

 

“Ah, Yesung hyung,” Kris said cutely scratching his head. “Can you call them to pick us up?”

 

“We didn’t expect that there was this much people outside.” Amber added.

 

Yesung chuckled. He picked up the phone under the counter and dialled in.

 

“Omma, come out and see who’s here!” He turned to the door behind him and called out.

 

“Oh, ne yeoboseyo,” He talked to the person on the phone.

 

An elderly woman came out of the door, she looked aged but she was very well dressed and Lena saw a smile come across her face when she saw Kris.

 

“Eomoni,” Kris called out cheerfully and hugged the woman. He had to bend down so she could reach him.

 

“Aigoo, Kris you’ve grown well,” The woman said and patted Kris’s back. She turned to look at Amber and embraced her immediately.

 

“You too, you’re becoming a beautiful woman now!” She patted Amber’s back.

 

Kris stood there cupping his mouth trying to contain his laughter.

 

The woman released Amber and turned to face Lena. She narrowed her eyes to focus on the girl.

 

“I’ve never seen you before.” She said, walking closer to Lena.

 

“She’s my friend, eomoni, my best friend.” Amber said.

 

“Really? Aren’t you a pretty little lady?” The woman said fixing Lena’s hair.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo eomoni, choneun Lena imnida.” Lena bowed down and introduced herself cheerfully smiling at the elderly woman.

 

“Good manners too,” The woman said smiling at Lena.

 

Amber smiled and translated everything to Lena.

 

“She doesn’t speak Korean?” The woman asked Amber.

 

“No, eomoni, she understands some but she can’t talk straight yet.”

 

“I see, is she a new trainee? She’s really beautiful.” The woman fixed Lena’s shirt and smiled.

 

Lena didn’t know what to do so she just stood still and smile at the elderly woman. She took off the beanie to show respect; at least she thinks it does.

 

“Aniyo, she’s just here for a visit.” Amber answered.

 

The woman saw Lena’s messy hair.

 

“Sit down, child.” She told the little girl in front of her and pointed at the chair.

 

Lena understood the word ‘anja’ and followed the woman.

 

“A pretty young lady like you should have beautiful hair to match your face. But you seem too young to understand that. Here, let me fix you up.” The woman said, removing the scrunchie from Lena’s hair.

 

Lena looked at Amber wide-eyed. Amber caught up and translated trying hard not to laugh.

 

“She said I’m pretty?” Lena asked smiling brightly.

 

“I’m afraid so.” Amber answered.

 

Lena stuck her tongue out at Amber who did the same.

 

Kris stood chatting at the counter with Yesung who owned the coffee shop.

 

After a few minutes, Lena’s hair was in this nice clean braid that Yesung’s mother did for her.

 

“There, much prettier.” The woman said holding up Lena’s chin. Lena smiled and thanked the woman.

 

“Eomoni, how come you could do that if you only have Yesung oppa?” Amber asked.

 

“I used to do that to him when he was younger,” The woman laughed and Amber followed.

 

The two continued to talk. Lena stood up and bowed to excuse herself. She went to Kris and whispered.

 

“Please buy Kai something.”

 

“I don’t want to.” He replied coldly.

 

“Please? He already got locked out and ate there by himself. Please get him a coffee,”  Lena tugged on Kris’s shirt.

 

“Fine,”

 

Kris told Yesung the other guys’ orders.

 

“What should I get Dyo and Sehun-ah?”

 

Lena read the menu and pointed out pictures.

 

“Give D.O oppa this marshmallow chocolate thingy,” She pointed at a cup with little marshmallows floating on top. “It looks delicious and cute, just like him.” She finished off cheerfully.

 

Kris smirked. “Looks delicious just like him?”

 

“Duizhang, stop telling the kid those ual innuendos, she’s too young for that.” Amber shouted out from the other side of the room.

 

Kris chuckled. Lena laughed a little, “I get that.” She raised her eyebrows at Kris.

 

“I mean it looks delicious. And it looks cute too, just like him.” She pointed out.

 

“I thought you said Do Kyungsoo looks delicious.”

 

Lena rolled her eyes.

 

What’s for Sehun?”

 

“He told you he wanted something sweet, didn’t he?”

 

“Yeah,”

 

“Get him a caramel macchiato,”

 

“Does it taste good?”

 

“It’s the sweetest coffee blend there is, that’s why I like it that much. Can you tell Yesung oppa to put extra whip on it? I still can’t believe he’s in front of me right now.” She paused and stared at the man behind the counter. “ I’ll pay for Sehun and D.O oppa’s.” Lena said.

 

Kris looked at Lena. “Why?”

 

“Because,” Lena answered briefly.

 

“Why didn’t you buy me one?” Kris asked cutely.

 

“Oh come on Wu Yi Fan, never do that to me again. I’ll have a heart attack! You know I still can’t believe you’re talking to me, I’m still a fangirl and will always be. Act cute on me again and I swear I will hug you and take you home and no one will ever hear from you ever again!”

 

Kris fell silent. “Okay,”

 

Lena laughed. “Oh my gosh, you’re so adorable. Are you sure you’re 24?”

 

“Yeah, I’m sure, though I doubt Minseok and Lu... Hey you’re dodging the question, why do you want to buy Kyungsoo and Sehun’s drinks?”

 

“For D.O oppa,I  just feel like I need to. For Sehun oppa, well , he let me borrow this.” She held out the red beanie.

 

Kris agreed and let Lena hand out Yesung some bills. Lena smiled from ear to ear having Yesung talk to her even if she didn’t understand.

Kris smiled. He looked at Lena’s face that's filled with innocence, pure from dark intentions. Lena was just a kid stuck in this place overflowing with bustling adults and hassling business. She is here to have fun, to see the world she was dreaming about. He remembered earlier when the others were filming and the two of them sat and talked. Lena told him that as a fan, she always wanted to hug everyone from EXO, but now she’s seen them with her own eyes, it was enough for her. He knew Lena wanted to hug and talk to Kyungsoo, that’s why he left them alone and said he had to pee. But Lena told him that she didn’t know what to do, how to react to the boys. He told Lena how weird she is, how the simplest things could frighten her.

Lena told him a secret after that - a secret even Amber doesn’t know about. She told him that she had a dream about this one night, she met a friend who was so nice she even gave her a gift all the way from overseas, it was a necklace with a key hanging as its pendant. That night in her dream, she slept with the necklace on promising her friend to never take it off, when she opened her eyes, she was lying in the streets of Seoul. Her new friend took her hand and pulled her into a huge blue building. People with blurry faces wanted to touch her but her friend pushed them all away. She told Kris that she met a beautiful lady in the elevator but she wanted to touch the necklace, her friend saw this and pushed her to the wall and the lady turned into dust. The elevator opened and a tall man greeted them, he wore a white shirt just like Kris had on. The man kept following the two of them through the dark hallway. Her friend tightened her grip on her as the man came closer. Lena screamed when the tall man grabbed her arm and pulled her to him, he reached for her necklace but the man exploded into bright pieces of light and a wound by the shape of his hand remained on her arm. The wound kept bleeding as her friend brought her into a room with well-dressed boys in it. There were six of them as she recalled. By that time Lena didn’t know about EXO or any other kpop groups so she never knew what the dream meant. In her dream, the other five went through a door leaving the last one alone with her. She called out for her friend but she was gone. The guy reached out his hand to Lena and a voice rang in her head, ‘I’m a friend’ and his face became clear and she saw two wide and delicate eyes and a soft smile on the guy. Lena immediately trusted him and held the guy’s hand. He pulled her closer and she thought everything was fine but the guy’s face was filled with worry and confusion in a second. Everything started to shake and the glass walls caved in. A tear dropped from the boy’s eyes and he exploded into bright pieces as the first man did. A wound remained on Lena’s hand and blood trickled down to the ground and in a second, she fell down into an endless horizon. One thing was going through her mind, ‘I’m a friend.’ - the boy’s voice. It went on for a long time as Lena remembered. She woke up crying and gasping for air.

 

Lena told her mother about the dream but lied about some parts of it. She only told her about waking up in Seoul – that’s why her mother never wanted her to go there, she believed something bad would happen. That’s why Lena was nearly in tears when Kris grabbed both of her arms at the hallway. That’s why Lena didn’t want to get near Kyungsoo. Because Kyungsoo looked exactly the same as the boy in Lena’s dream, same face, same voice, she believed he was this person. She was afraid of getting near any of them, except Kris. She knew Kris was safe, he lasted this long. Lena told him that she feels all of this was a dream, and she didn’t want it to end so she makes sure not to make contact with anyone else in the room, but she accidentally held Chanyeol. Kris reminds her constantly that it isn’t a dream, and he pokes her on her cheeks. She’s still afraid though, that’s why she sticks with only him and Amber. Kris doesn’t know what to do about her unusual fear, he wanted to ask Amber’s opinion but Lena made him swear not to tell anybody. Kris knew this dream was getting in the way of what she wanted. Lena was in the verge of tears when she told him this. He waved at Sehun that time and pointed Lena to him. The girl brightened up immediately. Lena thanked him for that in the sweetest way. He lost count how many times Lena thanked him since they met at the hallway. Simple things made this simple kid very happy. She’s just a gentle, delicate, little kid. That little sister he still wishes he had.

 

Funny how knowing a person’s fears and weakness brings strangers together. For some reason he ended up telling Lena how afraid and anxious he gets when Ace isn’t with him at airports. They both ended up sharing secrets. Lena told him she wasn’t really afraid of insects but she pretends she was so her classmates won’t and poke her aroung saying that she's no fun at all. Kris admitted he was always annoyed at Chanyeol constantly but he couldn’t stand to stay mad at him for a long time. After some turns, Lena was sitting beside him very closely. She grew comfortable with him – and he didn’t have to pull her this time. Lena sighed and stared at the ceiling, “I’m weird, aren’t I?”  He smiled and whispered. “You said wonderful wrong.” And they both laughed their off on how cheesy Kris was. Lena told him she never imagined Kris to be that cheerful and funny because the internet shows him as otherwise.

 

Kris was laughing by himself at the counter when Lena shook some sense into him.

 

“You want me to call you oppa for respect but you stand there laughing like you broke into Chanyeol’s crack stash this morning,” Lena blurted out.

 

Kris shook his head and returned to reality. Lena returned a pen to Yesung and waved goodbye to him and his mother. Lena whispered to Amber to translate something for her.

 

“Eomoni, I’ll come back here before I go home okay?” Lena called out to the woman who did her braid.

 

“Ne, I’ll expect you!” Yesung’s mother waved them goodbye.

 

Kris was still dazed when Amber pulled him through the crowd and into the black van.

 

Are we really riding a van to the building that’s like six seconds away?” Lena asked sarcastically.

 

We’re here,” Amber shouted.

 

Kris went out first and was followed by Amber and Lena. All three of them held a batch of three coffee cups and were careful not to spill any of them while they went through the crowd to the front entrance. Marshalls were holding off the fans but that didn’t stop them from tugging at Kris and Amber. Lena thought she was safe when she had her head down the whole time but someone pulled on her shirt causing her to look up. Camera shutters went off and she quickly tugged down Sehun’s beanie to cover her with her hand. Kris called out her name which was a terrible mistake though none of them realised it then. Lena ran double-time through the entrance.

 

They were in the elevator when Lena spoke, “They saw me,”

 

“Duh,” Kris butted in.

 

“Why are you sassing me? I can’t believe Kris is sassing me, ” Lena blurted out.

 

Amber rolled her eyes. “Calm down, they just took pictures. I don’t think something would come out of that.”

 

“Yeah,” Lena sighed in relief.

 

*DING

 

The tall guy led the way through the hall leaving Lena and amber walking behind.

 

“Wanna go out for a walk?” Amber whispered.

 

“I think we’ve had enough walks for the day.”  Lena said, pointing downstairs to the crowd outside.

 

“No, not here,” Amber shuffled Lena’s bangs. ”We’ll go to someplace cool. Get your camera ready.”

 

Lena smiled but it immediately faded. “We’ll never be alone.” She sighed.

 

Amber whispered. “You and I are half ninjas, we’ll survive. And I’m sure there isn’t much people in that place this time of day.” She laughed and tucked Lena in her arm.

 

Lena laughed. “Why are we whispering?”

 

“So that monster wouldn’t hear us.” Amber pointed to the tall guy opening the studio door.

 

In the room, all six boys fell silent at their places as the door cracked open.

“They’re here!” Chanyeol shouted.

 

Suho turned down the volume of the music booming from those two large speakers at the far corners of the room. Sehun, Kai , and Baekhyun stopped dancing.

 

“Was I imagining because I swear I saw them dancing I am the best,” Lena whispered to Amber.

 

“They do that,” Amber said briefly, “You should see them do Twinkle, Kyungsoo’s really good at it.” She laughed.

 

The boys came running to Kris like little loyal puppies. But Kyungsoo walked quietly to them. In a few moments, Suho, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol walked happily away from the group slurping on their cold coffees.

 

“Where’s ours?”  Sehun asked.

 

“Lena,” Kris said shooing the three boys from him.

 

Kai and Sehun quickly dashed to the small girl near the door. They froze in their tracks when Kris shouted, “Don’t!”

 

The two looked back at their hyung, shocked.

 

“Don’t crowd at her, she’s still-“ He continued.

 

“Huh?” Kai pulled off a really confused face.

 

“Just be careful around her, don’t push the girl around. Keep it down, you scare her too much.” Kris added.

 

“Me? Scare the girl? This face doesn’t scare nobody,” Kai butted in. Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

Kyungsoo appeared behind Lena who was busy looking at the two tall people pushing each other. He tapped the girl’s shoulder. Lena gasped at the sight of Kyungsoo.

 

The boy was surprised on how Lena reacted and he took a step back.

 

“Hi,” He smiled.

 

“Hi,” Lena said, nearly whispering. She picked out the cup with a D.O on it.

 

“Igo,” Lena handed the cup to the boy.

 

Kyungsoo smiled brightly and said, “Thank you,”  in his sweetest way. He waved twice at the girl and walked away.  As he went farther from the girl, Kyungsoo’s smile faded wondering why Lena acted like that when he’s around. He wondered what he did wrong this time.

 

“Kai,” A soft voice called out stopping the two from pushing each other for some unknown reason.

 

The boy wearing a black shirt looked at Lena. She handed him a tall cup with little strands of smoke coming off the hole on top.

 

He took the coffee from her carefully; he smiled and thanked her before walking to where the others were. Sehun stood there a few feet from the girl, he saw her walk nearer and gave him his coffee and a tall straw. She bowed a little and walked to sit with Amber on the floor. He did the same and walked off so sit with the others but a little voice called out his name.

 

“Oppa,”

 

He turned around. Lena was there reaching out his red beanie to him.

 

“Gumawoyo,” She said. She then walked away the moment Sehun held the hat.

 

Lena sat there enjoying her sweet drink. She followed her gaze on Amber as she stood and walked to Kris and whispered something to his ear. Kris nodded, he leaned a little to wave at Lena. Lena did the same, confused why she did so.

 

Amber returned to her seat. “Where’s your camera?”

 

“Here,” She patted her bag.

 

Amber stared at her for a few seconds before blurting out, “Well?”

 

“What?”

 

“Take it out and let’s go!”

 

“Oh, right,” Lena hurriedly dug in her bag and took out her Nikon which was a gift from her dad two years ago.

 

Amber pulled her up and fixed her shirt.

 

“Where are we going?” Lena asked.

 

“You’ll see, you’ll like it there. And the sunset’s beautiful.” Amber answered.

 

Lena shrieked excitedly. She wanted to go out with Amber since this morning and now they are.

 

Amber pulled Lena through the door. She waved her coffee to the boys and said goodbye.

 

Lena waved goodbye to Kris who winked at her.

 

The door clicked behind them and amber started talking about the places Lena needs to see before she goes back home. She excitedly told her about the delicious street food just around the corner. The two were laughing when a deep voice called out behind them.

 

“Noona,”

 

They both looked back and saw Sehun run to them. He said something to Amber and handed her something which she quickly hid behind her back. Sehun took a quick glance at Lena and hurriedly ran back into the room.

 

“What’s that?” Lena peeked at Amber’s back.

 

She held out the red beanie Lena wore to the coffee shop. “He told me he wanted you to wear this outside. It’s cold and he thinks this would make you feel more comfortable.”

 

“Oh, I hadn’t thanked him.” Lena said worriedly looking back to the door.

 

Amber slid the beanie in Lena and tucked her hands in her pockets.

 

“He’s acting weird,” She started.

 

“Why?”

 

“He’s off character.”

 

“What?”

 

“When there’s a stranger around he doesn’t usually care. Trainees come around and try to talk to him and he just nods and walks away, even to those pretty ones down at the other building.”

 

“The point in this is?”

 

“He’s just not acting like the Sehun I know. That tall statue of a man who walks around here stone-faced and actually laughs only when Luhan’s around.”

 

“I knew it.” Lena shouted.

 

“Knew what?”

 

“Hunhan is real!” Lena slapped Amber’s arm shrieking.

 

“Come on Lena, don’t talk about that gay with me, it’s creeping me out. Remember when you made me read that short story about Kris and Chanderp?”

 

“Yeah,” Lena raised her eyebrows.

 

“After that I just couldn't think straight and to talk to those two for days. It seriously creeped me out.” Amber said, shivering at the thought of Kris and Chanyeol kissing.

 

Lena snorted causing Amber to laugh at her.

 

"No, but seriously, no more talking- what's that? OTL?"

 

"What? OTP! It's OTP!" Lena shouted.

 

"Whatever," Amber dragged Lena out the elevator. "Just no more OTPs for me."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n:

hi :]

you guys wanna find out what those six derps did while the three went out to buy coffee?

,Moshisso_O

 

thanks for viewing :]

a comment would be very nice, it keeps me hyped and on track. I think I write better and funnier chaps when I read a new comment..I don't know why but I know, I'm wierd. Hahaha!

HI :]