First Approach

Looking From A Distance

 

AMBER’s POV

 

Two more weeks to go before our summer break. Everyone is busy studying for our final exams. Well, I spent most of my time now in the library since I needed to get a high marks to maintain my scholarship. Luna and Key sometimes come along with me. Today, it is only Key who come along with me because Luna is busy with her career.

 

“There are a lot of students here now.”Key said as he roams his eyes around. “Oh, Krystal Jung is here too!”he stated happily.

 

“You must be inspired now.”I scoffed as I continue to flip the pages of my notes.

 

“I think I can memorize all my notes in just a minute.”he replied.

 

“If you will spend your time just looking at her, then I am one hundred percent sure you can perfectly memorize ‘NOTHING’.”I stated, emphasizing the last word.

 

“Aish! You really love to contradict, aren’t you?”he questioned me, sounding annoyed.

 

“I’m just telling the truth Key. You won’t learn anything by just looking at her face.”I defended myself and looked at him.

 

Key just rolled his eyes and continues admiring his idol’s face. I shook my head in disbelief and shifted my attention back on my notes. While Key is busy fanboying, I’m struggling to absorb all the things that I read.

 

“Aish! This is giving me a headache!” I grumbled softly as I lean back on my chair.

 

I look at Key and he got these dreamy eyes while looking at Krystal and creepy smile. I followed his eyes and find Krystal who is concentrating while reading her book with Minho’s cousin. I thought she’s the type of girl who didn’t take studying seriously. Well, I guess I’m wrong.

 

“Who are you guys looking at?”I heard Luna’s voice and her face is now between mine and Key as she lean over.

 

“Krystal Jung.” Key answered with gentle voice and then flashed a sheepish smile.

 

“Lun, I’m wondering.” I said to her.

 

“Wondering what?”Luna asked me sounding curious.

 

“If I will turn my head to your side, do you think my lips will brush your cheek?”I said jokingly.

 

“Ew!”Luna exclaimed and smacked my head as she takes a few steps back.

 

I laugh upon seeing her reaction. But what she did really hurts. I rub the sore spot to ease the pain and Key is looking at us with a sly smile. Luna excused herself and went with her girl friends and sat on another table. I looked at the direction to where Krystal is and our eyes meet. She is looking back at me with her cold eyes again.

 

“Key, your crush has really has cold sharp eyes.” I stated.

 

“She is looking that way to the persons she doesn’t like.”Key said.

 

Well, I guess Krystal Jung doesn’t like me then.  Like the hell I care anyway.

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

Seeing Luna’s face close to Amber got me irritated. I know they are just best friends but, I feel like Luna is having him for just herself. I really want to become one of Amber’s friends right now.

 

“Sull, they are your cousin’s friend right?” I said to Sulli, looking at Amber and his friend.

 

“Yeah, why?” she asked me.

 

“Did you invite them already to Kai’s party?” I replied to her.

 

“I told Minho about it. I don’t know if he told them that.”she answered.

 

“Let’s invite them ourselves.” I suggested as I got up from my seat.

 

“Seriously?”Sulli question me with raise brows.

 

I rolled my eyes and drag her going into where Amber and his friend are. I notice that his friend’s eyes slowly widen when we are approaching them. He is tapping Amber on his arm without his eyes leaving on us. Amber look at him with furrowed brows then turn his head to us.

 

“Hi!” I greet them with a smile and Sulli did the same.

 

“H-Hi.” The blond guy replied, flashing a nervous smile.

 

 I notice that Amber scoffed when he look at his friend’s face. I elbowed Sulli to tell her to do the talking.

 

“You two are Minho’s friends, right?” Sulli asked them with her friendly smile.

 

“Yeah.”Amber answered.

 

“Uhm, we are just wondering if you guys can come to Kai’s house party this weekend.”I stated.

 

“Yes! We can!” Key quickly answered and it surprised me a bit.

 

“Yes, he can but I can’t.”Amber scoffed.

 

“Wha—Why?”I questioned him.

 

“I have another plan on that day. Sorry and thank you for the invitation though.” He replied to me.

 

I tug Sulli’s uniform to convince Amber to come and she listened to me.

 

“You can ask Luna Park to come too if you want.”Sulli said to him, trying to change his mind.

 

“Yeah, Am you should really come with Luna too. It will be fun you know.”his friend said to him.

 

“Even if Luna will come on that party Key, I can’t still come. You know I’ve got a lot of things to do all the time.”he stated and it makes me curious.

 

“Tsk! You are really and antisocial.” His friend answered him with an annoyed face.

 

“Yeah right.”Amber chuckled.

 

“Well, I guess not having you in the party is much more fun than an antisocial like you being there.” I stated and force a smile before I head back to our table.

 

I mentally face-palmed myself for saying those words to him. I’m absolutely sure that he will think that I am a . But he is really pissing me off! I wonder how many moves to I have to make just to make him my friend. That guy is seriously stressing me out!