The Truth

Looking From A Distance

KRYSTAL's POV

 

I feel nervous right now. I don't think I gather enough courage to approach Amber. Our situation is not the same before. There is this big gap between us now. During our gym class, we were merged again in their class and I thought that it will be my chance to approach him. I notice that he just stayed in one corner, away from Key and Luna. I think they haven't made up yet. I took a deep breath and start to march towards him. When I was on my way, he got up from his seat and left. I feel disappointed about it. I think he really don't want to talk to me anymore.

 

"Hey Krys." Luna called me which made me turn to her.

 

"Hi."I replied to her forcing a smile.

 

"Our class has been merged again, huh." she stated.

 

"Yeah." I answered.

 

"Uhm, I'm sorry about what Amber did to you." Luna apologized and bow her head to me.

 

"Y-You don't have to do that, Lun. I know that he doesn't like a jealous type of girl. He informed me before we dated."I replied to her and it made her raise her brows and nodded her head.

 

"I see. But he is the one who confess to you and I know he knew that you are a jealous type of girl."Luna remarked.

 

"And that's why he broke up with me because he can't stand to be with a jealous type of girl." I sighed.

 

"That stupid Dino!" Luna exclaimed with annoyance in her voice. "Where is that guy could be?"she continued as she roamed her eyes around.

 

"He just left." I answered.

 

"Skipping class again."Luna sighed. I got a little bit surprise when she suddenly grab my hand. "Let's straighten up your Llama's  crooked head."she stated with determined eyes and flashed her cheerful smile.

 

LUNA's POV

 

Krystal and I decided to look for Amber and bring him back into our class. We found him in our courtyard, talking to Key and the rest of our guy friends. I think they finally decided to talk things through. We approach them and I notice that the atmosphere tensed up.  Amber stopped talking when he notice our presence and looked away.

 

"We are just trying to help you dude." Key told him.

 

"You really are brainless idiots."Amber mocked with a smirk on his face. "Who told you that I need help?"he continued and it made the guys pissed.

 

"We know that you are smarter than us but it is not an excuse for you to insult us." Jonghyun said to him.

 

"I'm just stating the truth. If you get insulted or offended because of it, I can't do anything about it anymore." Amber replied.

 

"Tsech! Let's go guys. This bastard doesn't need our help so let's not waste our time talking to him." Minho said and turn around. I notice that he gritted his teeth and clenched his face.

 

"We don't know what's wrong with you but, we just want you to know that we are here for you, Amber." Taemin said to him and then left with Minho.

 

"Let's go, Onew." Jonghyun said and followed Minho and Taemin.

 

"Lun,Krys, I think it's best for you to just leave him alone for now. I think he is not ready yet to open up." Onew whispered to us before he followed the rest of the guys.

 

"This is really a mess." Key mumbled as he rubbed the back of his neck and sighed. "No matter how many times you push us away, we won't stop lending our hands to you."he said to Amber and left.

 

"You two, do you have anything you want to say to me?"Amber asked us with coldness in his voice. Krystal and I didn't bother to answer him. I'm busy calming myself down and keeping my cool. "Tsk, just what I thought. Please do me a favor, don't show yourself in front of me ever again."he said to Krystal while looking straight into her eyes.

 

I got completely surprised when I heard what he said. I don't know what's wrong with him but he really crossed the line. Then, out of nowhere, Kai suddenly came and punch Amber on his face. It made Amber fall down with a blood on the side of his lips.

 

"You are the one whou should not show your face in front of her again ,you bastard!" Kai said to him and then grab Krystal's hand and left with her.

 

Amber looked surprise of what had just happened. His eyes followed the two figure who are walking away and I notice the sadness in his eyes. He wipe the blood from his mouth and slowly got up but only to fall down on the ground again while holding his head. I can see that he is in great pain.

 

"What's wrong?" I asked him as I stoop down.

 

He grabbed my arm and hold it firmly and I admit it did hurt me but the pain that I felt is nothing compared to what he is feeling right now. Tears starts to escape from his eyes and then it hit me.

 

"Am, are you...."I cut my sentence because I don't want to continue it. I hugged him and his breathing is getting heavy and rapid.

 

We stayed in our position until he got back to normal and then we sat down on the bench. I looked at him and I feel worried about him.

 

"Don't look at me with those eyes, shorty." he said to me with a smile on his face as he pat my head. His voice is gentle like what I used to hear.

 

"Your headache, how worst is it?" I asked him and it made his smile fades away. "I want you to tell me honsestly, what's wrong with you." I continued looking straight into his eyes.

 

He stayed quiet, I think he is thinking if he is going to answer me or not. I waited for him to utter some words but his silence made me feel nervous as well as scared.

 

"Please, tell me Am."I pleaded to him as I hold his hand and it made him looked at me.

 

"There's a growing mass inside my head which gives me pain."he answered me and it made me furrowed my brows.

 

"W-What are you talking about?" I asked him and we both stare at each other's eyes.

 

"I'm dying, Lun."he replied with a smile and a tears forming in the corner of his eyes.

 

My eyes widened when I heard what he said. I didn't notice that tears start to escape from my eyes. How could he keep it from me?! He lower his head and tears starts to fall down on his lap.

 

"I'm scared Lun, I don't want to die yet." He mumbled and I hugged him.