His Name

Looking From A Distance

 

AMBER’s POV

 

I got up early in the morning, I help my Mom in opening our café. This is where we get our source of  living. Since my father died in a car accident in America, my Mom and I migrated her in Korea to start a new life. My Mom is working hard to provide our needs.

 

“Honey, go and take a shower before you get late at school.”My Mom said to me when we are almost done in preparing everything in our café.

 

“I will just finish this Mom.”I answered to her as I continue wiping the last two table.

 

“I will do it for you, so go take a shower now, Mister!”she replied to me as she take the cloth from my hand.

 

“Alright.”I answered to her and scoffed. “Jeez!” I added when I saw her grin.

 

I love my Mom, I promise to myself that I will study and work hard so that I can give her a convenient life soon. I took a quick shower and put on my uniform. When I go downstairs, Mom had already prepared my breakfast. She is really a great and perfect Mom for me. I kissed her on her cheek after I said my goodbye to her and leave.

 

“Good morning!” Luna greeted me cheerfully when we meet at the front of our school.

 

“Good morning Lun.”I answered with a smile.

 

“Did you bring what I had asked you?”she asked me with raised brows and expectant eyes.

 

“Yeah, here.” I answered as I pulled out a small box out from my backpack. “You should thank Mom because she added one extra slice for you.”I said to her.

 

“I will drop by into your house later after class to do that.”she replied happily and hug me tightly. “Thank you for bringing this delicious cake.”she added.

 

I chuckled when Luna hug me. When I look ahead, my eyes meet Krystal’s eyes. I didn’t expect that she is looking at us, or maybe it is just a coincidence. Luna then broke her hug and I shifted my gaze to her. When I look back ahead, Krystal is already with Kai.

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I didn’t expect that he expressed his affection towards his girlfriend too in public. I thought he is the kind of guy who shows his sweetness to his girlfriend if there are only a few people around. I can see that her girlfriend is really happy at him. I think he is a good boyfriend though.

 

“Do you have plans now on what to do this summer?”Kai asked me when we are walking our way into our classroom.

 

“Yeah, I planned to take a part time job.”I answered to him. He looked at me with furrowed brows.

 

“Why? Do you have financial problems?” he asked me.

 

“No, but I just want to earn some money on my own.”I answered to him happily.

 

“You will only get bored in it.”he replied. “Well, if that’s what you want, don’t overwork yourself though.” he continued.

 

“I will not.”I answered with a faint smile.

 

Sometimes, I feel like Kai isn’t supporting me on whatever I decided to do. I don’t care anyway, as long as he loves me, everything is fine to me. During our P.E class in the afternoon, we are merged with the class on another section, the class where that guy belongs to. I don’t know why but I feel happy to the idea of spending a long time close to him. The guys in our class will be playing basketball against their class.

 

“I think our class will win in this game.” Sulli said.

 

“What made you say that,Sull?” I asked her.

 

“Because we got Kai and other good varsity players in our class.”she answered with a wide grin.

 

We watch them from the bleachers. Cheering for our classmates. I look at the guy from a distance, and I saw him playing his Rubik’s cube with some earphones on his ear. He is just sitting on the bench. He just stopped playing when their teacher called him and then he started stretching to prepare himself to enter the game.

 

“Tsk, I forgot about him.”Sulli mumbled sounding annoyed.

 

“Who?” I asked her with furrowed brows.

 

“That guy who just join the game. He is really good at basketball.”she said to me.

 

“Do you know him?” I asked curiously.

 

“Yeah, he is my cousin’s friend, Amber Joseph Liu.”Sulli answered.

 

Amber Joseph Liu, repeating his name in my mind made me smile. I finally know his name. Well, let’s see on how really good is he in basketball.