Loyalty

Looking From A Distance

AMBER's POV

 

I thought Krystal will change her mind and choose to go home but she still come along with to our house. I didn't really left the groceries on the sidewalk but I paid someone to look after it for a while. When we got home, Mom quickly notice Krystal's slightly swollen eyes. She turn to me and looked at me with narrowed eyes.

 

"What did you do to her?"she asked me with stern voice.

 

"Nothing."I answered innocently.

 

"Nothing? Aish!"she grimaced and act to hit my head. "I told you not to make a girl cry!"

 

"Amber didn't really do anything to me, Mrs. Liu."Krystal spoke with a timid smile.

 

"So what happen to you?"Mom asked her with concerned tone of voice.

 

"She saw a cat got killed brutally in one show at it really saddened her."I answered for Krystal. They both look at me with raise brows and when Mom looked at her, Krystal nodded her head.

 

"Aigoo, it is just a show honey."Mom scoffed and slightly slap Krystal's arm.

 

Krystal just force a smile on her. Mom went to the kitchen and do the cooking. While Krystal and I stayed in our living room, doing our own businesses. I played my Rubik's cube and she...she is just sitting on the couch quietly. I think heartbroken individuals doesn't like to talk.

 

"Hey, solve this." I said to her as I handed her the rubik's cube. She looked at me and then to the small box.

 

"I don't know how to play this."she replied.

 

"Just twist it until the color on each side match." I stated.

 

"If I manage to solve this, I want you to give me something in return."she said to me with a sly smirk.

 

"If you manage to solve that within thirty minutes, I will give you something in return. But if not, you will be the one who will give me something in return."I retorted.

 

"Deal!"she quickly answered and took the cube from my hand.

 

Krystal's starts to twist the cube and I just watch her. My jaw dropped when she manage to solve it within five minutes. I feel like I had been fooled by her.

 

"Yah! You really know how to play that, don't you?" I asked her.

 

"No."she replied and scoffed. "I am just smart that's why I solved it so fast."she continued while flashing her proud smirk.

 

"Aish!"I hissed.

 

"Now about our deal."she spoke.

 

"It is void." I remarked and snatch the cube from her hand.

 

"Yah!"she yelled and glared at me. Seeing her glare gives me a goosebumps.

 

"Stop looking at me with those eyes."I complained. "Alright, what do you want?" I asked her.

 

"Loyalty."she answered briefly.

 

"Huh?"

 

"I want you to give me your loyalty in me."she clarified.

 

"O-Okay."I replied to her and it made her smile.

 

I think she wants me to become her loyal friend. Well, I don't see anything wrong in it so why not, right? But I don't understand why I am having a bad feeling about this.