Painful Ankle

Looking From A Distance

 

AMBER’s POV

 

Krystal Jung definitely hates me. I don’t know why or what did I do why she feel that way to me. I don’t want to care but it bothers me. It’s not that I don’t want to go to Kai’s party but, my work in our café is more important to me than anything else and the rich girl like her wouldn’t understand it.

 

“You should really stop making Krystal Jung angry at you bro.” Key stated while we are walking our way back into our room.

 

“I didn’t say anything bad to her.”I complained.

 

“Your cold attitude is pushing her away from us.” he retorted.

 

“I am not cold to her. She is!”I replied to him.

 

“Bro, you’re the one who’s being unfriendly to her. Krystal Jung doesn’t approached strangers and she did earlier. So probably she wants us to become her friends.”Key assumed with a grin on his face.

 

“Pfft! Don’t put your hopes so high Kibum or you might just get disappointed as well as hurt at the end.” I scoffed.

 

“You are really an anti-Krystal, aren’t you?”he said while narrowing his eyes.

 

“I am not.” I replied to him and chuckled.

 

If what Key’s assumption is true, well Krystal Jung can just introduce herself to us like what normal people do to the persons they wanted to become their friends.

 

“Amber, Amber, Amber Joseph Liu.” Luna is playfully singing my name while I’m walking her to their house.

 

“You sound so happy today.” I scoffed.

 

“I am.”she replied and flash her cheerful smile.

 

“May I know the reason why?” I asked her and flash my cute smile.

 

“Sorry but I can’t.”she answered with an apologetic smile.

 

Well, I already have an idea why. It’s because Onew and her will spend their summer vacation together. I think I will tell Onew to court my best friend or confess to her as soon as possible. They have feelings for each other so why not be a couple as early as now, right?

 

“Okay.”I said to her and scoffed.

 

“Anyway, did you really turn down Krystal Jung’s invitation to Kai’s party?”she asked me curiously.

 

“Ahm, I told her that I just can’t come. If I can I will accept it.” I explained to her.

 

“So you really did.”She scoffed. “You’re unbelievable, you know that?”she continued and shook her head.

 

“Why did you say that?”I asked her.

 

“It’s because dino, you are the only guy who doesn’t get affected to Krystal Jung’s charm.”she answered while touching lightly the tip of my nose with her finger while walking backwards in front of me.

 

“Hey,I find her pretty and attractive too you know.”I retorted. “Don’t walk like that, you might stumble and fall down.”I scold her and pulled her.

 

“If you see her that way, so does it mean you got a crush on her too?”she questioned.

 

“I might get crush by her boyfriend if I look at her that way.” I answered jokingly and chuckled. Luna slapped me on my arm and walk beside me.

 

I walked Luna into their doorstep and said my goodbye to her. I’m kicking an empty can while walking on my way back into our house. It creates a clanking sound when it rolls on the cement. I decided to kick it slightly harder and believe it or not, it hit on someone’s ankle.

 

“Shoot!” I exclaimed and hurriedly run towards the girl who stoop down and rub her ankle. “Hey Miss, I’m sorry!” I quickly apologized.

 

I got slightly taken aback when she lifted her head and meet her scary glare. Of all the people in the world, why did I run into Krystal Jung this time and worst, hurt her?

 

“Stupid!”she said annoyingly. She tried to stand up and I notice that her ankle is red and it looks like it’s swollen. “Why are you kicking a can on the sidewalk?”she asked me.

 

“For fun.”I replied briefly and she grimaced in annoyance.

 

“Tsech!”

 

“Sorry.” I apologized to her and bow my head.

 

“Stop saying sorry, I won’t ease the pain on my ankle even you continues to say that.”she stated and rolled her eyes.

 


“Uhm, can you walk?”I asked her.

 

“What do you think?”she answered me with sarcastic tone of voice.

 

“Where are you heading, I will carry you there.”I said. I slightly bend in front of her to let her ride on my back. “Hop on.”

 

“Don’t let me fall.”she said before she climb on my back.

 

“Yeah sure.”I answered.

 

She is so light and her scent smells so good. I think this girl is underweight. We head to the Supermarket and I feel uncomfortable when other people look at us strangely. I thought she will go down once we got inside the supermarket but I got wrong. She just told me to go to Pet Food section. She grabbed some dog food and I grab some ice pack then we head to the counter. The cashier looked at us strangely and I put on an awkward smile. It is that stupid can’s fault why I am in this embarrassing position right now. Once we got out from the supermarket, I let her sit on one public bench to treat her ankle.

 

“Jeez, it’s really red.”I mumbled as I place the ice pack on her foot.

 

“It’s your fault why it is like that!”she blamed me.

 

“I know, and I admit it.” I replied as I continue to press the ice pack on her foot.

 

I feel like I am one of her servant right now. I’m holding her foot while treating it. I lift up my head when I felt her eyes on me.

 

“What?” I asked her.

 

“Nothing.”she replied and then looked away.

 

 I notice a pink shade on her cheeks. I hope it’s not the intense pain that she felt causing it. I really feel guilty about what I did.

 

“Uhm, I will carry you home. I think you can’t still walk properly.” I said to her as I slowly put down her foot.

 

“Good thing you know.”she replied coldly.

 

I looked at her but I got surprise when I notice a faint smile drawn to her face. What the heck! Is she enjoying all of this?