Episode 23

We Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu was sitting alone in a café, a drink to accompany him. He was looking up at the door occasionally, waiting for someone to arrive. He mouth broke into a huge grin. MinJung walked into the café and smiled when she found him. Sunggyu’s smile was huge as he watched her walk to his table. (cheekbones gone to heaven)

“It’s been a while,” MinJung said softly as she sat down.

“It’s only been a week,” Sunggyu grinned.

“I thought it would be long,” MinJung muttered, embarrassed that she was the only one who thought that way. Her husband couldn’t hold back a chuckle. “Ah, he wanted to hear that,” Hyerin sneers.

 

“Are you ready to meet her?” MinJung asked. “I’m nervous,” he chuckled, “Now I know how you felt.” “I’m curious. Who are they meeting?”

“I bought some vitamins as a gift,” Sunggyu lifted up a paper bag. MinJung started giggling with him, “Eotteokhae? My mother doesn’t like pills.” “Her mother!”

Sunggyu’s eyes widened, “Jinjja?!” He looked down, a little trouble. “I guess we need to go buy other things first.”

 

MinJung was on the phone while Sunggyu was driving. “Oh?” the recipient answered. “Eomma!” MinJung said cutely, “Are you getting ready?”

“Oh,” she answered, “I’m meeting you in an hour, right?” “Mm,” MinJung replied. “Are you with Sunggyu now?” “Neh Annyeonghaseyo, Eomeonim,” Sunggyu said with his eyes still on the road.

“Oh, Sunggyu-gun, I will see you later,” MinJung’s mother said. “Neh,” Sunggyu replied. “Why is he bowing to the phone?” the studio laughs.

 

“What should we get?” Sunggyu asked hurriedly. They walked through a sale, where gift hampers were being sold. “You should be the one giving her that, right,” he hesitated, “How about fruits? Does your mother like fruits?” MinJung was a little startled by his enthusiasm. “I think fruits will be ok,” she replied.

“Ok, you queue and I’ll get a fruit basket,” he said and rushed off. She watched him run off for a few seconds before she walked to the counter.

Sunggyu ran back with a basket of huge peaches and handed her a bill with the basket, “You pay for this. I’ll get something.” He ran off again, leaving her at the counter.

 

(Q. Why were you so hurried?)
“Parents’ Day was coming up so I decided to get her mother some carnations too,” he explained, “Having one hour to buy the gifts and go over was a little too tight.”

“……I was probably very nervous too,” he admitted with a smile.

 

MinJung was a little lost, finding the florist that Sunggyu was at. “Oppa, you don’t have to!” she exclaimed when she finally found the shop. Sunggyu was at the counter waiting for a bunch of red carnations to be placed in a decorative basket. “You’re a few days late with the carnations,” the florist said to the couple. “I’m meeting her mother today,” Sunggyu mumbled his explanation. The florist and MinJung grinned at his anxiety.

 

Sitting in a restaurant, the couple were (waiting for Eomeonim). Sunggyu was shaking his leg furiously while MinJung was looking at the menu. Her eyes moved up from the menu and scanned him. She grinned and looked back at her menu. Sunggyu was sipping water when they heard MinJung’s name. They both got up and MinJung went to greet her mother. Sunggyu turned and looked at them. (frozen) He didn’t move until the ladies came closer to him.

 

(stiff) “Annyeonghaseyo,” Sunggyu said softly with a bow. MinJung’s mother had a big smile on her face as she placed a hand on his shoulder. “She’s quite young,” the studio comments.

“Finally we meet,” she said as she touched his cheek. Sunggyu smiled nervously as he accepted her affection. “I’ve only seen you on performances.”

“Sit,” she told them, and sat between them. A waiter came and served her water. (waiting for the food) “Eomeonim,” Sunggyu started, “I’ve brought some things for you.” He handed her the basket of peaches before he picked up the basket of carnations, “Happy Parents’ Day, Eomeonim.”

“He actually got pills for you,” MinJung giggled. Her mother turned and looked at him, “Oh really?” “But I learnt that you don’t like them so I got something else,” he replied quickly.

 

“Myungsoo sent me your selca when you were on the honeymoon,” she started. Sunggyu was thrown off. “You didn’t do anything, did you?”

“We didn’t do anything,” Sunggyu answered like a kid under discipline. MinJung smiled at them. (Eomma)

“You seem like two different people,” her mother told, “I accompanied MinJung to some concerts and I’ve seen you there. You look more charismatic when you sing. But you’re more mild-mannered when you don’t sing. But I like that about you.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter