Episode 22

We Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“But because Sunggyu oppa doesn’t know I’m here, the brothers-in-law gave me a mission. I am to surprise Sunggyu during the show and tell him Happy Birthday.”

She stood on stage alone with her drawing block.

“Can’t you hold me,” he sang with melancholic expression. “I need y-“

MinJung covered his eyes for a second before stepping next to him. He turned in surprise, forgetting to sing.

She waved at him, a huge smile on her. “Annyeong,” she said into the mic. “Happy birthday, Kim NamGyu. Oppa fighting!” she said with a smile, “Saranghae.”

 

As Sungjong’s solo started, MinJung found her way alone to her seat. “Congratulations,” a fan said to her and she nodded with thanks.

Sungyeol put on a fresh performance with a lively song. MinJung laughed with the fan’s cheers as Sungyeol turned into a lovesick man singing about the girl he loves. The audience continued to cheer as the other members performed their solos.

 

“Dongwoo-ssi had a good performance,” Sunggyu said, “I should be worried that he will steal lead vocal from me.”

“But did everybody see our leader’s performance?” Hoya asked. “Neh!” the audience shouted with tease.

“Did you see his face?” Hoya asked enthusiastically. “Neh!!” the audience answered even louder.

“I wasn’t expecting that,” Sunggyu said with a shy smile. “Where is she?” he tried to look in the audience.

“Excuse me, Sunggyu-ssi,” Woohyun interrupted, “Please bring your couple business somewhere else.” The studio laughs dryly at his teasing.

“At least I have couple business,” Sunggyu replied and showed a teasing expression. The stadium was in uproar as the other members laughed at Woohyun. “He’s right,” the studio agrees.

“Anyways,” Woohyun ignored, “We need to thank the fans for this surprise.”

“Mwoya. They knew about it?” Sunggyu asked in surprise.

“Neh, they worked together,” Sungjong said excitedly.

 

“Now,” Hoya continued, “Let’s have another surprise.” The manager rolled out a cart onto the stage with a huge cake that had the candles “26” on it. There was a candy figurine of Sunggyu in her latest comeback. “That’s a pretty cake!”

“Let’s sing together,” Woohyun instructed, “1, 2, 3.” “Saengil chukhahamnida,” the members sang together. Sunggyu clapped along with the fans.

 

 “Thank you for supporting us and staying with us for the past four years,” Sunggyu ended the concert. Sungyeol started singing as the concert ended with their song to the fans, “With”. The members had tears in the eyes, but the tears faded as they walked around the stadium. They were smiling because of the smiling audience.

MinJung, on the other hand, had tears in her eyes.

 

(Q. Why were you crying?)

“Ahhh,” she whined, “I always cry at concerts. The fans are such a big part of our success that I just feel so lost if they weren’t there for us anymore. Even if they’re not my fans, I always feel the love that fans have for their idols.”

 

There were crowds outside the hall as fans left the venue. She continuously bowed to them as she walked to the waiting room. “Kamsahamnida,” she smiled. (grateful for their help)

She was flustered when the fans started handing her gifts for the team. She took them with the help of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter