Episode 8

We Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(Last week)

“Our (1-month anniversary) is here, so we decided to visit NamGyu’s family."

“What's this?” he asked about the other gift, not wanting to bother her further.

“This is a coupon book,” she explained.

Sunggyu rang the doorbell and they waited for the door to open. The door opened and there was a young woman. (NamGyu’s family) “Oh, Sunggyu-ah,” the lady said… “Aigoo, come here,” Mrs. Kim walked to her and gave her a hug, which MinJung gently returned.

 

“Are you ok?” Sunggyu asked MinJung as they walked outside, heavily wrapped in a shawl and thick jackets. “This is where I spent my teen years,” he explained and looked at the high school. “Cham… I feel old now.”

They walked to the parade square where MinJung stood and watched Sunggyu get onto the platform. “I performed here before.” “With your old band? Give a little performance, please!”

Sunggyu searches through his phone and finds the song “Classroom Idea”. “Seo Taiji!”

MinJung held the phone out toward Sunggyu as the music played. Sunggyu bopped up and down before he squatted with his hands on his ears. “It’s a little embarrassing.”

“NamGyu fighting!” “Ani, I can’t do it.” MinJung whined. “I can’t. My band mate was the one doing most of the rapping.”

“Then do your audition song!” she suggested. “Noel’s song!”

“Oh you know?” Sunggyu looked at her, shocked. She nodded her head in her shawl. “Oh it was so embarrassing,” he mumbled. She laughed at his worrying. “But oppa has improved a lot!”

She found the song on the phone and played it.

“I’ve avoided saying it for a long time, telling you to wait

Saying the time will come if you wait a little longer

Someday”

MinJung watched as Sunggyu sang with his eyes closed, unburdened by the world around him.

“As I know what you want to hear from me

As I know how long you’ve been waiting for

Finally, I’m saying this to you now”

The screen flashes a cut of Sunggyu’s audition.

“You don’t have to cry

Please don’t cry

Please raise your head and smile now

I will make you smile”

(The man who has come so far with one dream)

“I’ll only give you happiness

I’ll be by your side always and forever

Don’t be afraid

Everything will be fine”

MinJung clapped for him as he held the last note. “Kim Sunggyu is so cool!” He smiled shyly at his wife’s applause.

 

“It feels good to see your wife cheering you on like that,” he told the camera. “Though I’m not the romantic kind…”

“It’s sad if your family doesn’t support you in your career. When she clapped for me, I thought, ‘Ah, this is what it’s like to have a woman cheering for you behind the scenes.’ I liked it.”

 

“What was your audition?” he asked from the stage. “Geunyang, just audition.” “Come on, show me.” She shook her head. “It’s really embarrassing to do it out here,” she squealed.

“Then let’s use it.” “Mwol?”

“Your anniversary coupon. I want you to show me your audition piece,” Sunggyu said. MinJung’s shoulders shrunk. “Ani, I did it for you already so you should do it too!”

 

MinJung walked up the stage while Sunggyu walked down. “Kim MinJung fighting!”

She sighed before she knelt onto the ground. “Oh what is she doing?”

“I wondered every day to which point I should return to.”

–The screen flashes to the scene in Cinderella’s Sister-

“Should I go back to eight years ago and never set foot in this house and dragged my mom form the house. Or when that person left and I packed my bags, should I have gotten up an hour earlier when it was darker; should I have left then?” MinJung recited her lines clearly yet softly.

 

“If not that either, then when we got that major order and you said you wouldn’t take it,” she paused, “Should I have stayed quiet and abide by your wishes? When should I return so that this wou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter