91

Two Moons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Siyeon was completely awestruck, not because he was able to see her but because his whole presence was so intimidating. Strangely, it wasn't a suffocating aura. Pressuring, yes, but not suffocating though Siyeon was sure that this could be changed really quickly. Since he still waited for Siyeon to shake his hand, she did it hesitantly because she wasn't all too sure if that was okay for her to do so.

“My oh my, what a nasty spell you have on you there,” Shigen commented with a soft smile. On his level of power and authority it did not wonder Siyeon that he was able to see her, let alone to even detect the spell itself. Someone suddenly pulled her back and Siyeon found herself in the arms of Kai again. “You are overwhelming her, Shigen. Our Siyeon here is not used to that.”

Shigen seemed to be rather amused by Kai's words but the heavy aura around him disappeared. “Chanyeol, now I am very interested in your Siyeon. I've never seen her before but from what I can see is that she definitely is one of our kind, yet someone made her invisible for the most. Not a bad work of a spell but not the best again.” How should Siyeon answer that kind of question? Never before in her entire life she had encountered such a man like Shigen and there was something about him that not even the most powerful human politicians or military men had.

“It's complicated, if you want to put it like that,” Sehun answered indirectly but Shigen only laughed. It was a roaring laugh which let the walls of the room vibrate.

“I see it's complicated. I guess your parents don't know about this complicated situation, hm?”

What would Shigen do now? It was pretty clear that he knew that Siyeon's situation was pretty strange but it would end bad or her if he would tell the others about it. At the moment, Siyeon was completely at his mercy.
“I would like to hear your story some other time. Chanyeol, why don't you invite her to our home. Your mother would be delighted to meet someone like her, don't you think?” A heavy blush appeared on Chanyeol's face but he only nodded. “Yes, dad.”

“Before I go though, let me adjust your spell a bit. The other council members will be able to see you with such a weak spell.”

Siyeon flinched back as he took her hand, an instinctive reaction, which caused Shigen to laugh. “Don't worry, he won't hurt you,” Kai whispered into her ear. Siyeon was not afraid that he would hurt her but what the others would do to her.
“Your secret, whatever it is, is safe with me. Enjoy the ball and visit us soon. Ah, and by the way, tell Mao not to train you too hard. You look a bit thin for a girl in your age. Eat more.”
With those words, Chanyeol's father disappeared and left Siyeon and the others alone. Only now she noticed that she had stopped breathing and that her knees nearly gave in.

By all means, she was not a weak girl but the meeting with Shigen just now had exhausted her more than every training she had done with Mao.

“Hey are you okay? You look pale,” Kai asked and he helped Siyeon sitting down on the ground. “Yes, I am fine. It all was a bit much just now.”

“You can count yourself as lucky that it was Shigen and not another council member,” said Sehun with his usual stern expression but there was worry in his eyes. “Really? What would have happened then?” Siyeon asked though she already could think of something. “It would have been a lot worse if my father or Sehun's father had found you first. I think Baekhyun's father would be kind of okay as well... but you really are lucky.”

Kai pinched her cheeks lightly before he pulled the corner of her lips up so that she smiled a bit. “You look like you are about to cry. You look better when you smile, you know? Not that you smile all too often but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter