82

Two Moons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One week past, two weeks past and Siyeon slowly found back to her everyday life again, at least she liked to think that it was that way. Of course it wasn't. Every time she saw her parents, a strange feeling started to tighten her chest and she started to feel more and more anxious. She never could stay at home for long if her parents were at home.

She knew that she couldn't run away from the truth for too long now though, but she still was scared. “Darling! Are you coming down! Dinner is ready!” Startled, Siyeon flinched back from her notes she had made. Notes, on how she could improve her Mageíya powers and how she should use them and how she should train them so that she would be able to control them better.

“Coming!” Siyeon called out, before she put her notes away.

Her father already waited for her in the kitchen but she didn't smile as she saw him. Was he even her real father? Or was he simply someone who raised her. Questions over questions in her head. They surrounded her, tied her down and made her feel unwell. “Siyeon, I hope you are hungry! Mum made your favorite food!” Even that couldn't cheer Siyeon up a tiny little bit.

“Is everything alright? You don't seem well.” A frown appeared on her father's face and he reached out for her hand and squeezed it tight. He was a man in his forties and he worked as a teacher over seas. From what Siyeon had heard and had seen, her father was quite a charismatic man who got people to like him very quickly. “Uh, yes, I am fine,” she muttered and quickly put up a faked smile. “Are you sure?” he asked and Siyeon quickly reassured him that she was alright.

As Siyeon looked at the table, she saw that her father had some kind of letters laying on the table, from which she was sure that they were new appointment letters for his work. “Dinner's ready!”

Tonkatsu, rice and some miso soup, Siyeon loved that food, and as she stared at it, her stomach started to growl out loud. “Itadakemasu!” While Siyeon shoved the food down and even wanted another serve, her parents watched her with huge smiles. “You sure have changed a lot, Siyeon. We would like to get to know your friends, if it is okay. You can invite them over, don't you think so, darling?” her mother asked and her father nodded. “That's a good idea! They surely will like your cooking skills!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter