63

Two Moons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Even though the temple hall was full, it wasn't warm at all. In fact, there was such a heavy tension in the hall that it could be cut with a knife. The family members knelt on pillows, the heads at the front with the children and the wives at the back. Mori's father, a man named Takero, sat on a pillow at the end of the long hallway, slightly raised through the small stairs. Left and right  of him sat Mori and her mother and then came the families of the student council, sitting left and right along the wall.

He was a man in his fifties, older than Sehun's father by only a few years but just like him he looked a bit younger. Takero was an impressive person through and through, not only in his appearance - a well trained body and a face with sharp features, and hair as dark and full as the night – but also with his charisma that oozed out of every pore of his body. More than once it happened whenTakero entered a room, he could silence all the people there. On the street, people stared after him like he was someone really famous.

His wife seemed to be the complete opposite of him. A silent beauty with hair as pink as Mori's and eyes so blue that they looked like they would sparkle.  Her skin color just as white as snow and her name, Yuki, fit her look perfectly. Her presence was calm and not attention seeking. Up until now everyone agreed that she and Takero fitted very well.

“Now, let's begin with the assembly.”

Takero hadn't raised his voice, but it wasn't even necessary. A man stood up, cleared his throat a bit, looked at the council and then at Takero. “We have gathered here because of an urgent matter. The old temple in Greece got attacked by someone completely unknown. No one has seen anything, nor was there someone who noticed something. There isn't  any visible evidence, so we would like your support.” With those words, the man ended his report and sat down again. Immediately, a murmur broke out among the Mageíya, some of them were worried, some of them angry.

The temple in Greece  near Athene was one of their most sacred temples and an attack on that temple was an affront against the council itself.

Kai's father suddenly stood up, Marco, who looked exactly like an older version of Kai. He had the shadow of a beard on his chin, but despite that and fact that he was already married, he still was a ladykiller. His age didn't help either. He just turned forty, an honorable age for a man. He was a mixed child; his father came from Korea while his mother was from Spain, but Marco had grown up in England, where he had met Kai's mother, a Japanese business woman.

“I would like to investigate this,” he said with a clear voice, which was a bit raspier and deeper than Kais, “I don't believe that there isn't any evidence.” The murmur died down immediately. “If you so wish, Marco. There is no way I could ever stop you from doing something like this.”

If Mori or anyone else  said those words they would have sounded very smug, but coming from someone like Takero, they sounded nothing like that. With a nod, Kai's father sat down again and Kai let out a sigh. “I don't expect you to ask me for help anyways,” he muttered as Marco shot him a grin. “Kai, my son, you will never be able to take over my position.”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter