186

Two Moons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Siyeon watched the scenery passing by as she sat in the train back home, her suitcase right in front of her. She was happy that she could go home but at the same time she wanted to stay. There still were so many things to unravel, so many things to clarify. It didn’t feel like she deserved a break from all this. What could happen over the Christmas break when she wouldn’t be around? The fear that she might miss something made her anxious. The urge to draw back into her coreworld was strong but Siyeon refrained from doing so.

“Your forehead will get all wrinkly if you don’t stop frowning, you idiot,” Pýr muttered under his breath. His eyes were closed but it was him. Pýr knew everything, anywhere and always. “When I am old I will have wrinkles anyways,” Siyeon muttered back. The corners of his mouth shot up a bit but he didn’t say anything more. “And even then she always will be lovely,” Kinji said instead with his calm voice. He sat on her left side while Pýr sat on Siyeon’s right side. Rui was the only one standing, keeping an eye on potential dangers.

The train was packed with students going home for the holidays. Siyeon noticed the girls eyeing her three Warriors, and her with envy as neither of them even looked at any of them. The fact that someone was envious of her made her smile a bit because there never has been the case that someone was envious of her.

It was freezing cold as they got off the train. Snow covered the trees and houses, giving off a peaceful aura. Christmas always had been one of Siyeon’s favorite holidays. To celebrate the family and just being together always was her favorite aspect. This Christmas though her family just got a bit bigger. Her parents knew that she would bring guests over and that another person would join as well. The thought of Mao spending Christmas with her made her happy and worried at the same time.

Her three Warriors didn’t get along with Mao and she didn’t know how to explain to her parents that her boyfriend was her teacher, sort of.

“If you don’t stop brooding whatever is going on in that head of yours, I am going to dunk you in that snow over there.” Pýr pointed at pile of snow with a serious face. “You wouldn’t dare!” Siyeon squealed while she backed off. Before Pýr could grab her, Kinji stepped right in front of her, cutting Pýr’s way off. “You are a ing party pooper!” the latter grumbled loudly.

The house with the blue door, blue window frames and small fore garden gave off the same cozy feeling as always. She remembered how she used to play in garden during her childhood summer days. It was one of her fondest memories. Siyeon wished sometimes she could go back to those days where she didn’t have to worry about anything.

Before they reached the door it opened on its own. “I heard you guys from afar,” her mother said with a warm, welcoming smile. She looked just the same as always. Motherly, full of love and caring. Tears rolled down Siyeon’s face as she embraced her mother. “I’ve missed you,” she whispered. Her mother even smelled the same. Her soft, flowery perfume and something that was just her.

“No need to cry, Siyeon. It hasn’t been too long, has it?” She wiped Siyeon’s tears away and gave her a kiss on the cheek. “And introduce me to your friends.”

The three Warriors introduced themselves one after another with a respectful bow. “Oh my, Siyeon, you never told me that all of your friends are this handsome! I am Nana, Siyeon’s mother. Come in, come in.”
The smell of food ran through the house and Siyeon recognized her favorite foods immediately. Her stomach grumbled loudly, much to her embarrassment. Her mother laughed out loud while as she pointed upstairs. “Your room is at the end o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter