178

Two Moons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The school looked less messy than Siyeon had imagined. Some parts of the buildings still were destroyed but the wreckage, the holes in the grounds and the burning marks all had disappeared already. It looked like the scenery of a bad horror movie because there barely was anyone around. No students were on the campus, only a few adults, their expressions sinister and dark. Complete silence welcomed here, and not even the wind rustled the dry leaves on the ground up.

Gray clouds covered the sky and everything seemed so very fitting to the whole mood but it was scary. Shivers ran down Siyeon's and she unconsciously rubbed her arms. She felt cold, not only because it started to get cold gradually but also because the atmosphere was just as cold, if not even colder.
Rui put his hands on her arms and gave her an encouraging smile. Despite what happened to her, to her warriors, she had to move one. There were more important things right now and she had to focus her mind on that.

Luckily for everyone the dorms were completely unharmed. Only the windows and the buildings themselves were a bit dusty but other than that there was nothing.

A sigh of relieve came over Siyeon's lips as she started to see more and more students. Many of them were in their dorms though, which was quite obvious but a few stood around in groups and they discussed the situation. Some looked worried, some looked scared and frightened. It was a refreshing scene, Siyeon had to admit that, because now the students looked so much more human than usual.

They barely spared a gaze for Siyeon since the recent events still were in their minds.

Ara, Hikari, Maél and Kato stood in a circle with some other people but as soon as they saw Siyeon they immediately ran towards her. “Where have you been? We couldn't find you anywhere and we were so worried!” Ara blurted out immediately. Her eyes were slightly swollen, red and glassy and Siyeon knew immediately that she had cried. “I was so worried. We all were so, so worried.”

As the tears rolled down Ara's cheek, Kato pulled her back into his arms and patted her shoulder softly. “We haven't seen you for days and no one wanted to tell us where you were, at least the people who could possibly knew where you had been,” Hikari took over. She didn't look like he had cried but she looked really exhausted, so as if she hadn't gotten any sleep at all.

Guilt knocked on Siyeon's mental door, and she really felt bad but it also wasn't her fault. “We were in an improvised infirmary room. Mao didn't give us the permission to go.”
Heavy creases appeared on Ara's face but Siyeon was quicker with her next statement. “It was also an advice from Shigen.”

Whatever Ara just wanted to say, she didn't say it. She simply nodded while she wiped her tears away. “The council members advised us to stay here until they give us their okay,” Maél told them while he looked around. Even though they weren't around, everyone could feel the presence of each council member. It was like a protective cloud laid around them, but despite that many students still were scared.

Even though the council members had been around they still got attacked. It was scary to think that someone would attack the college despite the fact that the strongest of the Mageíya were around.

“I want to challenge Jooyeon to a fight.”

Siyeon dropped those words like a bomb on her friends and they stared at her with big eyes and mouths wide agape. “Are you crazy?” Kato uttered out after a few seconds. “You can't pick a fight with her! Not now! But Why?” He looked really agitated and slightly scared.

“I have to agree with Kato on this. She is dangerous and I wouldn't pick a fight with her, even though Hikari and I aren't weak by any means,” Maél said in a calmer tone though he couldn't hide the worry on his face. “What good will it bring if you fight her now?” Hikari threw in.

Siyeon understood all their worries because she knew how Jooyeon hated her, even though she didn't know the exact reason for that.

“You all better shut up now,” Ara growled before she continued, “you must have a good reason for this stupidity, am I right? Or else you wouldn't do challenge her to a fight on your own.”
Ara was completely calm now and unlike the others she didn't looked too worried or judgmental at all. Siyeon was not quite sure what Ara's expression could mean but she was sure of one thing. Whatever she wanted to do, Ara would not stop her.

“I do have a reason. It's Kinji. He's my Warrior and I won't let Jooyeon have him.”

That was not entirely the truth but it was not a lie either. The worried expression disappeared instantly but that didn't mean that they weren't concerned anymore.
“Does it have to do with your past?” asked Kato after a while. Siyeon only nodded in response. Her past was just as a mystery for everyone else as it was for her, so she guessed that her friends didn't ask anymore until Siyeon would find out everything and told them on her own.

“Do whatever you have to do, Siyeon, I... we will support you, no matter what, am I right?” Maél partly sighed but a smile appeared on his face. It was a smile of encouragement, which Siyeon much appreciated. “He's right, but you two,” Ara narrowed her eyes at Pýr and Rui, “You two take good care of her. If anything bad happens to Siyeon, I will slit your throats.”

She still carries those knives around, Siyeon thought by herself, which was strangely reassuring.

“Hey, no need to take such drastic measurements. We are her Warriors after all. Have a little faith in us.”

Rui looked a bit worried that Ara really would do that but he really didn't have to worry... probably. He was more skilled and stronger than Ara was but there was Kato. The Warrior was a mystery to Rui and Pýr and he was still a mystery to Siyeon even though she called him one of her friends.
“Oh, I will kill you when you let Jooyeon touch her,” Ara said completely serious. “Yeah, yeah, we ing get it now. Siyeon will not be harmed... at least not seriously. Our dear Master maybe not the strongest but we are,” Pýr grumbled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter