166

Two Moons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mao slowly brushed through Siyeon's hair while she tried to relax a bit. After thinking about it, she had decided to tell him everything as well. He was her boyfriend and he understood her better than the most people did, even though she didn't want to admit it.
“Hmm, this is chaotic. My poor Siyeon,” he sighed as he pinched her cheeks softly. “It should be difficult to get Kinji back, especially if he's Jooyeon's Warrior now.”

An angry 'pang' shot through her body and she sat up straight immediately. “He's not.” Surprised, Mao raised his brow. “Are you sure of that? It's not even sure that you have established a Master-warrior bond with him during your childhood.” He was only rational there, but as he saw that she was not happy with his words, he quickly pecked her on the lips. “If Rui and Pýr have the bond with me even now, I am sure that he has it as well,” she sighed, sounding nearly a bit defiance.

“You don't have to be so angry with me, sweatheart,” Mao reminded her. Immediately, Siyeon felt bad. She had no intention to let her frustration out on Mao. Seemed like her feelings got the best of her. “Sorry,” she muttered but Mao shook his head and showered her with soft kisses. “No need to be sorry. I would be frustrated too. You will get him back, I am sure of that. What makes me think is that someone should know your parents but no one knows them. Hell, no one even remembers them and no one remembers you.”

Siyeon already had thought about that and it only had confused her even more because nothing made sense. “Someone would have to manipulate the whole society to not remember you and your family. That is an impossible task. I don't know anybody who can do that.”
It was silent for a whole while. Both Siyeon and Mao seemed to think about her situation but none of them came up with an answer.

“You shouldn't think about it too much. Relax for now. Tomorrow is a new day with new worries.”

He was right and he wasn't the first to tell her that.

A spark of fire suddenly floated past her face, tiny and soft. It reminded her of a firefly but the light was more orange-red red tinged than yellow. “I probably won't get used to all this.”
Siyeon pointed at the sky which was completely on fire. The flames danced in irregular motions and some even seemed to “fall” down before they suddenly drew back.
The ground was a heavy contrast to the sky. There was only water. Deep blue water, which sometimes moved because of the soft breeze, which seemed to be there all the time.

The heavy contrast between the two elements was crass. There was no other way to describe it. A huge fire pillar spiraled downwards and met a water pillar midway. Mao's core world house was located several couple of meters in front of the two crashing pillars. It was located on a small bit of green land on which flowers bloomed. The house seemed like a modern apartment in the Bauhaus style though the windows were much larger and not as long built. From the front of the house, one would have a perfect view on the pillars.

Mao and Siyeon sat in front of the door of the house, flakes and sparkles of fire floating around them. There was strangely no sound coming from the two pillars or the flame sky, only the sound of the sea.

“You don't like my core world?” he asked with a frown. “That's not it. Your sky is on fire. Not even in the other core worlds I've ever seen a sky on fire.”
A chuckle came over Mao's lips while he put his arm around her. “Well, every core world is special on its own. Mine happens to be very special.” His typical arrogance shone through but it only made her smile.
“Are you on duty tomorrow?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter