123

Two Moons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Even though tried not to radiate as much power as he could, Siyeon still could feel his overwhelming presence. She nearly wanted to ask him to lower his presence a bit more but she didn't dare to open up . Shigen entered the room with a smile and nodded at Pýr, who left.
It was dead silent as he took a chair and sat down in front of Siyeon. Even now, even if sat down, it still like he towered over her.

His eyes sparkled bright and he was not even trying to hide the powers behind them. “Long time no see, Siyeon. You look better than before,” he started and Siyeon's eyes widened in surprise. “You were there?”
The question slipped over her lips before Siyeon could properly think about it and she considered it as rude but Shigen only smiled. “Yes, I was there. You girls looked awful, really awful but I'm glad that you are fine now. Anyways, I wanted to talk to you because of this. Do you know this?”

He pulled his mobile phone out of his pocket and opened up a picture file. The picture showed circle, which was hollow inside except for that one circle in the middle. It was a plain and nothing saying picture but at the same time Siyeon stared at it for a long, long time.
“Does it ring a bell?” Shigen asked slowly, waiting for Siyeon to answer. “Siyeon?”
Slowly, very slowly, Siyeon backed off while shaking her head.

“No. Why do you ask?”

Despite her words, Siyeon looked a bit unsure and Shigen noticed it immediately. “Just asking.” There was something in his words which told Siyeon that Shigen hid something from her.
“What are you hiding?”

A chuckle came over his lips while he put his mobile phone away. “You are really smart, girl.” Frowning, Siyeon sat up and leaned forward a bit. “I am not a dumb, human girl, if you want to imply that.”
Shigen's chuckle turned into loud laughter which filled the whole room. “I'm sorry if I sounded like that, I didn't mean to. By no means I think that you are dumb. It's just... there are things I can tell you and things I can't tell you.”

Siyeon bet that the things he couldn't tell her overweight the things he could tell her. “There are people who know of our species, people who are as old as we are. Their history is tied to our history. They... well, they want our extinction.”
Never before the thought of someone trying to annihilate the whole Mageíya race occurred to Siyeon but now that Shigen mentioned it, Siyeon had to think about it thoroughly. Of course, a strong race with supernatural power was a threat. A threat that has to be destroyed.

With shock Siyeon noticed that everyone of the Mageíya society was a target, even her since she always belonged to them now. “You think that they are after me?” Her voice trembled terribly, even though Siyeon tried to suppress it. Shigen looked at Siyeon and saw the fear in her eyes. His large hands his hers completely as he took Siyeon's hands in his and squeezed them softly but he couldn't smiled.
“Maybe.”

Siyeon took it as a yes. It surely belonged to those things that he couldn't tell her, which irked her to no end. “Those people, are they really that dangerous?”

For a moment, Shigen's expression turned very dark, before it returned to his normal friendly expression. “They are humans who got themselves involved with dark magic, which really existed at that time, just like Magicians. They were envious of us, who naturally could do supernatural things and since we were and still are a threat to them... well, you know.”
Oh yes, Siyeon knew now. “I didn't even know that something like Magicians existed,” Siyeon said slowly. Now she felt dumb, really dumb and she wanted to disappear.

“Just like you didn't know that we existed. Siyeon, you don't have to blame yourself for anything. Everything will be fine, or do you think we are weak?” No, by no means Siyeon thought that, even though she haven't seen them – the council members – using their powers yet. But... they had other kind of weaknesses and Siyeon knew that Shigen knew that she knew it.

“I know what you must think of our society. Cruel, inhuman, everything else than what you are used to but we grew up with it. We live in this society and we are old. We can't change as fast as some other maybe want to or do I have to remind you of the human history? War, genocide, Christianization, slaughter, witch hunt, enslavement, I don't think I have to continue. If you think closer about it, our society isn't maybe as bad. In our eyes, humans are way worse than we are but they also have their good sides.”

They sure have, Siyeon muttered in her head while thinking about her parents. “I have to leave now. Importa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter