In My Dream

Ice Prince & Ice Princess Palace

 

Soft knocks at her wooden door, indicating that there’s someone in front of her door. Kwon Yuri (28) who just wakes up from her quick nap since she got free times quickly combs her hair using her finger in nonchalant manner. Looking at her reflection on the mirror once again, she nods in satisfaction. Her handsome face always look so fresh and her hairs at least presentable somewhat neat.

Glance at her clock, it’s four in the evening. “Hm…they pretty earlier? I thought the dinner party will start at five…What happen? Did Taeyeon ask aka force me to helps her again? Or Sooyoung escape from Taeyeon and Hyoyeon wrath because she stealing food?”

Again, soft knock. “They usually knock like being chasing by dog and now so soft? He, they want to play prank with me!! Or maybe we have guest? Visitor!”

Slightly running, Yuri stop in front of door and open it widely with her wide smile also, the second she look at her visitor…her smile disappear and her kind warm eye change into murderous eye. Her warm smiles that are disappearing change into jaw clenching expression.

Her finger gripped the door strongly, in second if she keeps in that position she will break the door with only her finger, like she cracking walnut. Her posture so stiff almost like statue.

Her visitor is a beautiful girl who wears her designer sunglass and even she wears sunglass her awkward smile…no, not awkward but hesitated and wary also guilty smile look obvious. The way she’s balled her fist out of nervousness that make her hands white due lack of blood circulation.

She wants to open to call Yuri name again after all those years but before she could even utter single words, Yuri already slamming the door in front of her and lock it. Jessica Jung (28), the woman name is Jessica Jung just standing in front of Yuri door and softly touch the door, even when she wear her sunglass, her tears already trickling.

Yuri herself goes to her punching bag, she punch it. Never once after all those years she furious like this and even from outside, anyone could hear that punching bag being punch and sure, Jessica could hear that.

“Mianhe…mianhe…” softly, Jessica Jung whispering those words that she’s keeps repeating for all those years.

--

Jessica Jung, the famous fashion designer. The ICE Pearl, her fashion brand become very big hit at Asia and part of Europe. She archive all of this just two years ago, she build it with her tears, sweat, and even blood. She is simple girl who want to be happy, with all those achievement she could easily be happy since unlike she in the past but maybe right now, she even worse than she in the past.

Right now, even with all those fame and money, her heart is empty…not entirely empty, but half of her heart is just empty hole. The half of her heart is the only things that keep her alive till now, not really literally. Half of her heart filled with precious things that always give her strength to standing and walk even the road that she paved is full of thorn and even her feet already bleeding a lot.

Half of her holed heart used to be place for something that so precious to her but she let it go just like that using her own hands. When they say regrets always come too late but when you realize it, the regrets also went to fast leaving you while bring something precious of you and you couldn’t even took it back again.       

With her half holed heart, she forced herself to smile since she still has the reasons to keep smiling. The cheap ring in her finger somewhat become her little support and as her reminder, not only good time but also the worse time of her lives. There are so many memories and yet all those memories are the one who hurt her. But! Never once she removes her wedding ring since that day.

School bells ring indicate the school is over, she spot her little Prince or knight running toward her. Her knight is just 6 years old girl but she’s bit mature for someone at her age. Her knight running to her with arms wide spread and with her wide smile.

“Yoong!”

“Umma!”

Her little knight name is Yoona, six years old girl with pretty doe-eye that’s really warm when she smiles and laughing. The little prankster that always trying to protect her umma, Yoona. Jessica bends to kiss Yoona forehead, she know even though Yoona trying to hide it but there’s something bothering Yoona.

“Krystal still sleeping right now…how about we order some pizza for lunch and eat it at home?”

Krystal is her second daughter, three years old girl who still sleeping soundly at backseat of her luxury car. Yoona look over her dongsaeng, if Yoona had this doe-eye than Krystal got this cute-yet-sharp cat eye.

They are rich, with those fashion business and somewhat Yoona and Krystal also their child model, money not a problem with them. But they still stay at medium size of house in the middle of big city. This house mean so much for Jessica and Yoona, even Yoona only vaguely remember the old memory. In this house Jessica want Krystal grow up with those memories of happiness.

This house mean so much for Jessica, she remembers how they buy this house, maintained this house so it’s still standing proudly. After all those fame and money, Jessica only renovate it just little but still keep most part of the house just like that.

She could renovate the whole house and erase the painful memories but she also removes the happiest memories and fragments of that reminisce if she does that.   

“Did something bothering you? You can always tell umma about it and umma promise that umma won’t angry”

Yoona fiddle her finger nervously, Jessica took Yoona hand to her and hold it, smile warmly at her. “I got D for my drawing…because I couldn’t draw appa…teacher said that I must draw appa but I couldn’t remember her face so I…”

Stings, her eye stings with her tears that she holds it back but what make her surprised is her hands wet of Yoona tears. Yoona crying and this is the first times she see Yoona crying with such agony feelings. Never once she’s seen Yoona crumble into tears, even when Yoona must go to dentist. “I couldn’t remember appa face…appa never show up when appa day’s game at our school and…appa…everyone said I don’t have appa…I…appa…did Yoona make mistake so appa leaving us?”

She’s crying, she crying together with her first daughter, she crying together…her first born didn’t even remember her appa face, she didn’t even remember her appa voice. Her second born, her poor second born that never seen her appa face…never ever being held’s by her appa, never heard her appa voice and this all because of her…

Krystal always ask her how her appa look like, did they have something in common, did she ever hug her or did her appa ever do helicopter with her, why appa never home, where appa right now, so many innocent question about her appa and yet, Jessica didn’t even had any answer for that innocent question.

She couldn’t even lie to her, to Krystal. She couldn’t even make a simple white lies to Krystal, that her appa never seen Krystal face and maybe her appa didn’t even know anything about her. All she could do is just hugging Krystal fragile body. Whose fault is that? Her fault, Jessica Jung fault.

“Umma…don’t cry…umma…Yoong sorry…” Yoona tiny body hugging Jessica, even when Yoona still crying she hates to see her umma crying, because she know her umma sometimes crying at her sleep even if her umma just take short naps. Her umma will cry and muttering something, the umma face looks like she in pains.

“Yoong…will…never talk about appa…so umma didn’t cry…umma, mianhe…”

 

Now, after searching for many years…exactly almost three years, she searches for Yuri, Kwon Yuri. She finally found her, Kwon Yuri and she will ask for her forgiveness because she didn’t want to see her daughters crying again and she want to stop crying because of loneliness. She will…amend all her past mistake even though she knows there’s no way Kwon Yuri will forgive her.

She’s standing in front of wooden house near beautiful lake, not that big but not that small either. Beautiful house that will captive everyone heart. It’s feel so homey but it’s feel so lonely. Far from city and near with nature, this house very lovely different with her current home that seem so cold. Jessica didn’t even mind if she must traveling more than 5 hours from Seoul to this village.

Little bit afar from this lake house, there’s neighbor house with amazing flower fields. The house with amazing flower garden will hold some simple garden party. Jessica inhales some air and gathers her courage before knocking the lake wooden house.

But what she got is hostile curt response and acknowledge. After all those years they never saw each other, Yuri still with that handsome face and muscular body that really lean but perfectly builds. She still tall and even now she gain height, her tanned skin still perfectly tanned. Those black long hair still bit messy but beautiful.

She was about to call her name but, Yuri never let her to do that. Yuri will never let her…

Slamming the door close and she even lock the door without saying anything to her. It’s hurt? No, that’s not even hurt because she forbidden to feel any kind of pain since she didn’t deserve it. She couldn’t shout out it’s hurt, pain, sting, ache since she’s the fault. All she can do is just bear all of those feeling quietly.

She knows Yuri angry at her, she knows from the way Yuri hit those punching bag. She never hit living things when she angry but she will release it on her punching bag. From the sound of punching bag being hits, Yuri beyond angry. Even after those years, all her mistake still unforgivable in Yuri eyes.

Jessica stood in front of locked door and once in a while she will glances at her car. Since Yoona and Krystal sleeping soundly, exhausted because of long journey.

Yuri keep punching till her phone ringing, the caller id is Taeyeon. “Okay, I’ll help you with cooking!” she sure as heck she won’t using front door since that b*tch there, so she must using backdoor and cutting her way to Taeyeon house, which is house in front of her using small road.

When Jessica realize that Yuri already at house with beautiful garden aka Taeyeon house, she just sigh sadly and wipe her remaining tears away. She enter her car and smile sadly at her child who still sleeping like angel, she will wait for Yuri no matter what it’s take.

Jessica slowly touch Krystal forehead, then she smiles in content because Krystal seems fine. Krystal body bit weak and often caught cold and fever. She touches Yoona head and softly smiles because Yoona snuggle like cute puppy.

As usual, Hyoyeon and Taeyeon those two cousins will be the one who cooking the food. Sooyoung play with the children’s, Yuri who making drink or simple fruit punch non-alcohol. The wives enjoy their gossip times and leaving their husband with work.

Sunny, the wife of Sooyoung notice the car in front of Yuri house and pointed at Nicole, the wife of Hyoyeon. Tiffany, that midget wife decide to ask Yuri about this. “Yuri? You have visitor?”

Yuri stop cutting the fruits because of this question, her face hardened for a moment before forcing herself smiling for Tiffany. “No, nothing and don’t mind it! I will put melon inside this punch, anyone rejects this idea?”

But of course Tiffany knows that Yuri forced smile, after all they already family instead friends. Tiffany, Sunny and Nicole somehow know Yuri past and why Yuri moves to this part of village. Tiffany just shakes her head and three of them looking at that luxury car.

Seeing that beautiful woman sitting patiently, she seemed waiting for Yuri. What make Tiffany couldn’t watch any longer or ignoring them is when she sees two kids wake up from their sleep. That beautiful woman smile at them and softly rubbed their head.

“Yuri, if I want them to join our small garden party…what would you say?”

Silent and it’s seemed Yuri seem taken back with this question, Tiffany still keep her eye on them. “Let’s say you didn’t know them or they just stranger to you and as act of hospitality I want to invite our guest? What would you say?”

Trying to mask irritation inside her, she smiles at Tiffany. “Why would you do something like that to a stranger?”

“She brings children with her and the kids must be hungry, so that’s why! Do you mind?”

Yuri just sighed, she know how stubborn Tiffany and with Sunny also Nicole on her side this will end up no good if she dare to against Tiffany idea, “Just don’t get them to close with me!”

Tiffany nods her head and went to Jessica car. Softly she knocks the car, Jessica comes out from the car and look confuse with Tiffany who all smile. Yoona and Krystal also looking at this stranger curiously. “Hello, my name is Tiffany! My house is in front there! Would you like to join our garden party? The food not that great but…”

Jessica seems hesitated, “My name is Jessica…” she just sighed and slowly she shakes her head, “No, I don’t think that’s the good idea…I might accidently ruins your garden party…”

Tiffany just smile and softly pats Yoona head since Yoona and Krystal open the window, “Is this about Yuri? Don’t worry about her, though…she said don’t get to close with her because she might do something dangerous!” seeing Jessica still hesitated, “After all, I bet your two little champs must be hungry!”

 

Jessica sit awkwardly while looking at Yuri who showing her back at her, Yoona and Krystal sits nicely they seems cautious with these new environments and stranger. Yoona seem recognize Yuri, but she scare to approach Yuri, meanwhile Krystal who still sleepy just sit nicely with Jessica and also Krystal seem scared to approach Yuri.

“Yuri, you don’t mind fetch the kids from school for me and also become babysitter tomorrow? We will busy tomorrow!”

“Of course, I don’t mind Taeng!”

Child of Sooyoung and Sunny, name with Hara (6) run toward Yuri. “Uncle Yuri!! Tomorrow let’s ride your boat and fishing again!!!” Yuri just smile and squat in front of Hara who smile widely, while Hyuna (6) the child of Hyoyeon and Nicole standing beside Hara and nodding eagerly.

Seohyun, Taeyeon and Tiffany little Princess who younger one year than Hara and Hyuna, slowly holding Yuri shirt and also nods along. Lift up Seohyun and give Seohyun little spin before put Seohyun on her shoulder, “Okay! Tomorrow we will fishing!! But now, you two must eat your vegetable! Because Seohyun always eat her vegetable, uncle will give Seohyun big portion of juices!!”

“Uncle!! Come on, let’s play!!!”

Jessica notice Yoona disappoint and jealous face when Yuri having fun playing with Hara, Hyuna and Seohyun. She know, how her Yoona want to cry and went to her appa side but Yuri didn’t even spare glace at Yoona direction. How it feel to watch your child couldn’t even standing near her appa and how it feel to see your children scares at her own appa?      

The garden party finally ends and Yuri return to her home, of course Jessica follows her. She want have a talk with Yuri, she want to apologize, she want to ask Yuri many things. Now she only can wish it because Yuri walking so fast as if she want to disappear from anywhere near Jessica, while she carries Krystal and holding Yoona hands at same times.

“Yuri-ah…”

Yuri abruptly turns around and never once Jessica saw that kind of hatred on Yuri eye, not only hatred but disgusted. Disgusted by hearing her name comes from her own mouth, disgusted of hearing her name being called by her, disgusted with how she not standing in front of her. So many disgusted gazes come from Yuri eye, even in the darkness of night, Yuri eye blazing with those disgusted gazes.

“Don’t ever dare to call me name!!” venom filled hissed, that’s making Jessica and Yoona taken back. Krystal herself scared of Yuri now. For Yuri she would shout at Jessica if not the fact she brings children along with her. No matter what, children still children, no matter what.

Even in her vague memories of Yuri, she never heard her appa speak with that kind of tone. Her appa that full of affection toward her already change into someone that fearful to her. That’s scared her, that’s hurt her so much. When Yuri talk with Seohyun, girl who always clingy toward Yuri and Yuri didn’t even mind her, she speak so soft toward Seohyun. She hates Seohyun, Hara, and Hyuna for that.

Yuri then enters her house and obviously locks the door. Jessica just smile bitterly while looking Yuri house. “Look like we will camp outside today…”

Inside their car, “Is that appa? Does appa hate Krystal so she didn’t hug Krystal?”

Hearing her daughter innocent question, it’s feel something choke Jessica and make it hard for her to say anything, “She didn’t hate Krystal but right now, she really…busy, so your appa…” soft knock on her window door, Sunny already outside and smile at her.

“Why don’t you sleep at our house? It’s dangerous if you sleep here and your child might catch cold!”

Jessica just smile and slowly shake her head, “Thank you but I really shouldn’t! Also I want to stay close with her even this the only distance of closeness that I can get from her…” Jessica smile sadly at Yuri house, suddenly Yuri door open and Yuri coming toward them with that cold eye.

Before Yuri opens , Yuri exhales some air and trying to hide her furious side. While Jessica already scares that Yuri will chase them away. “Enter the house and you guys can sleep at living room! Do not disturb me!! Disturb me and you guy out from my house!”

“Living room?!! Yuri you!!!”

“I don’t have any guest room for them, even if I have they’re not worthy for that! Besides, if not for Tiffany shouting at me I don’t even give a damn about them!”

Sunny rubbed her forehead, she really frustrated with Yuri temperament. “So you still have a heart then? I thought you will let them sleeping outside without even lending them a nice blanket?”

Yuri just scoffed watching Jessica bring Krystal and Yoona inside her house, “I still have heart but my heart and sympathy is too expensive for someone like her! Caring people lives is part of medical motto, right? Even I was and used to…thanks to her but oath still an oath! I must honor my oath...”

 

--------------

To Be Continue

 

Another story from me? I'm really bored my mind because there's nothing to do...

Anyway, before I forget thanks for always support me and always reading my lame fanfic...your support mean so much for me and even though somehow I can't express my gratitude beautifully, but I really mean it!

Please leave me some comment and all, since I'm still learning and I need your comment for being better writer!