Please - Background

Ice Prince & Ice Princess Palace

Smiled bitterly while looking at her plane ticket, it’s over now…

Having luxury car and stay at luxury house…even it’s not her, Kwon Yuri not a rich person like Taecyeon and Jessica. She just normal girl come from bit poor family. Her parents used to work with Taecyeon company, when her parents die in accident and she miracle survive the accident, Ock family take care of her.

Taecyeon treat her as BFF and sister, buying her luxury things for her as birthday present or occasional day and begging her to stay with him when they still student. Annoyed her like brother always does. She not adopted into Ock family, but Ock always treat her as their family. 

She know Jessica from Taeyeon and Tiffany. Jessica comes from Jung Empire, family who own giant business on fashion. Prominent family who own everything from power, fame and money. Same like Ock family, who also own giant company. 

They become close friends despise Jessica being rich kids, Jessica really down-to-earth and caring to Yuri. At that time, Jessica already in engagement with Taecyeon and she know it’s wrong of her to fall for Jessica, wishful thinking that she should never have from the beginning.

Star crossed lover? No…since beginning there’s no love…one side love? Not even close, just my wishful thinking…self-consolation! I should have listened to Sooyoung and Hyoyeon…I should do what they said, forget this love before I’m getting hurt…

Never fall in love with Jessica Jung…I guess I’m too stubborn and stupid…

Wipe away her tears…in her hands there’s Jessica hanky…Yuri just chuckled bitterly, she open the window and throw it away…let the hanky gone with the wind

Yuri starts her car engine again and droves to their homes, knowing there’s wouldn’t be anyone else in that home. They on their way to Europe honeymoon.

 

Arrive at her home, her own room. Yuri staring at her ticket and smile, she put it on table and went to pack her clothes and anything she need. Sting on her cheek already gone, but in her heart never gone…

Yuri sitting inside madam Jung office, while madam Jung…Jessica mother sit in front of her sipping her tea.

“Jessica and Taecyeon getting married one week again!”

That’s not a question that she needs to answer nor Madam Jung need the answer from Yuri, it was statement. Madam Jung is a dictator person, she control everything from her business to her own family. 

“Yes, they will—!!!”

*PLAK*

Slap across her face, comes from Madam Jung and Yuri just stay silent with her burning cheek. She deserve it, she deserve it…that’s a word that appear on Yuri mind. 

“I know your feeling toward my daughter! You a filthy kid come from poor family fall in love with my daughter?! Don’t you have any shame on you? You should know your place!! If not for Ock, you will sleep under the bridge with only newspaper and being beggar!”

“Stay with my daughter and her fiancé in luxury home? Schooling together in elite school? If not for Ock, you will never know a single alphabet!! You don’t even alive if not for them!!”

Madam Jung took one big envelope, throw it at Yuri laps. “Take that money and leave this country!”

“Please give me time…I already promise them to play piano for their wedding ceremony…after that I will leave”

--

My heart aches secretly

Then just a hint of your smile

Can make me feel fine again

To keep you from figuring out how I feel about you

Because then we would drift apart

I hold my breath, bite my lips

Yuri stuffs her clothes and stares at photograph of her and Jessica took by Taecyeon, when they goes picnic together.

Three of them went on picnic, while Yuri sitting above her car roof while listening music. She not really wants to join this picnic but Jessica plea and Taecyeon nagging make her come along. Taecyeon now busy with preparing the food, while Yuri busy with sleeping.

Suddenly Jessica sits on Yuri stomach and laughing, while Yuri just stared blankly at Jessica and pointed at her stomach, “Can you get off my stomach, please? You really heavy! Did you gain some weight?!! It’s feel like hippo just sit on me! I can hear my ribs cracked!”

That’s what she said but in her heart Yuri so happy being closed with Jessica. She loves to see how Jessica pouting or even glares at her.

Jessica pinch Yuri stomach, but her abs making it hard to do. “You and your annoying mouth and your annoying abs too!!! How could someone who has handsome face but sharp mouth like that!! You have no manner toward lady like me!!”

Yuri snorted, “There’s no lady here!”

“Hey, say cheese!!!” Taecyeon said while showing camera to Yuri and Jessica, “That’s really hilarious pose! It will be funnier if my baby strangles Yuri”

Jessica does some peace sign, while Yuri shouting at Taecyeon.

Slowly she flipped down the photo frame and went to living room. She took a glance at white sofa, the memory took her over again.

--

Baby, please don’t take his hand

Cause you should be my lady

I’ve been waiting for you for so long

Please look at me now

 

Yuri who sleeping on the couch after watching soccer match, suddenly wake up because of earplug on her ear being tugged by someone. There’s Jessica sleeping next to her, slowly she put her head on Yuri shoulder while listening Yuri Iphone music.

“What are you doing here? Go back to your room…shuuuh!!” Yuri tried to make Jessica leave her, hoping Jessica won’t catch her beating heart that almost explodes.

“Stingy! Yuri sofa more comfy!”

“Just don’t disturb my sleep…I need to be on time for tomorrow!”

Jessica just nods her head and continues sleep on Yuri shoulder. Taecyeon who just come back from kitchen just smile at Jessica, slowly she took sleeping Jessica to her room. While Yuri pretending to sleep. There’s some pain in her heart when Taecyeon took Jessica away from her.

--

 Leaving her car key on dining table, she waits for Sooyoung and Hyoyeon took her to airport. Looking at the garden, when this morning wedding ceremony being held…there’s still some flowers petal, ribbon, and balloon. Yuri took the flower and stare it, remorse come and never gone.

When the music starts
You will vow to spend
The rest of your life with him
How I prayed every night
This day would never come

The wedding dress you’re wearing
It’s not me (next to you)

You never knew how I felt about you
And I hated you so
Sometimes I wished you would be unhappy

Now I have no more tears left to cry
When I’m by myself I talk to you like you’re here
I’ve felt so restless every night
Maybe I’ve known all along this would happen
I close my eyes and dream an endless dream

 

Yuri sits there behind piano, looking Taecyeon and Jessica kissing while all guest cheering for them. While the guest cheering for them, Jessica then give smile to Yuri and Yuri just slowly nods. Sign for Yuri to play the music, Yuri just sighed and begin to play the music.

The tunes that Yuri played seem happy and joy, but the meaning behind this song very different. She gritted her teeth and forces herself to keep playing the song, wedding dress. Jessica and Taecyeon look at Yuri play with wide smile.

When Yuri at rooftop, she took one ring from her pocket and smiled bitterly.

This ring just cheap ring…it’s nothing compare the ring that he give to you. I always hope that this day will never come and always dream that I’m the one standing beside you…

Yuri took the ring from her pocket, she throw it inside fish ponds in their house yard, before walking to Sooyoung car.

I’m not regretting that I never confess to her but the only things that I regrets is why I fall for someone that will never be mine?

--

Please be happy with him
So that I can forget you
Please forget how miserable I looked
It’s going to be unbearably hard for me
For a long while to come

 

At busy airport, Yuri standing in front of Sooyoung and Hyoyeon. Two of them look so sad and Yuri looks so miserable enough. Only two of the know that Yuri will leave to Japan for god know how long, even Taeyeon, Tiffany, Sunny and Nicole didn’t know anything about this.

“I’m sorry Yuri, we couldn’t help you…I’m sorry because you must come through all of this…it will be better if you never meet her but…it’s killing you…I’m sorry” Sooyoung said while hugging Yuri.

“No, it’s okay…I’m at fault too. I should listen to you guys…I should just kill this feeling toward her since beginning”

Yuri hug Hyoyeon, “Is there anything we could help? I hate to see you being miserable like this! You are my friends but we couldn’t do anything to help you…”

“Please keep this as secret, it will help me…so much…I will try to forget them…goodbye and thank you for everything”

Hyoyeon and Sooyoung just nods their head, “Can I keep your music score? The wedding dress?” Yuri just smiled and gives Hyoyeon the score that she creates (Sorry, Taeyang-ssi) and composes for this day. The score complete with lyrics too.

“Let contact each other when everything okay!”

Yuri slowly walk toward her plane, while Sooyoung and Hyoyeon just looking at Yuri back that slowly disappear because sea of people.

So long Jessica…I wish for your happiness with him…

 

 

---------------------

The End

 

PS: I have question, should I make one shots story collection? YulSic of course.