It's STILL Not A Date

Private Practice

OH MY GOD, I AM SO FRICKEN HAPPY RIGHT NOW. 50+ SUBSCRIBERS? THAT'S INSANE.

This story doesn't feel worthy of such high praise. Wow~ You guys are amazing. I hope you know how much I love each and every one of you! <3333

So thank you guys so much for reading this. Really, it's not much, but I'm trying my heart out for you guys! 

This chapter's a little longer than usual...hope that's okay! It took me almost three days to edit it so it wouldn't be so long and boring. xD

~~~~~

Minho's POV

I hurry home, smirking to myself. Taemin is sooooo cute! God, I've never felt this giddy in my entire life. Why though? I'm just taking my tutoring student to the movies in about an hour. No big deal.

When I finally arrive back at my apartment, I'm surprised to find the door unlocked. I blink, slight panic washing over me as I open the door and let my eyes graze over the apartment. I always lock the door before I go out. Is it possible I forgot to lock it today in my flurry of thoughts of Taemin?

No. Impossible. I distinctly remember locking the door. Someone's been here.

I walk in the door slowly, looking all about me as I gently push the door closed with my hip. Everything is exactly how I left it. The couch cushions are crooked. There's coffee stains on the carpet that I've never gotten around to cleaning. There are dirty dishes in the sink, some close to a week old. Okay, I'm a lazy bachelor. Sue me. But nothing's been touched. Whoever was in here obviously found nothing of interest.

I search through the bathroom. Nothing. I check behind the couch, through all the cabinets, in the closet in the hall. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. Maybe my mind was playing tricks on me?

When I step into my bedroom, however, I get this strange feeling. Someone's been here. Or is still here. I look around at my room, littered with clothes: dirty or otherwise. I kneel down on the floor, checking under my bed. Again, nothing. But then I feel the pair of arms around me.

"Have I scared the out of you yet?"

"Siwon!" I exclaim in surprise, spinning around to see the huge smirk on my older brother's face. "Why the hell did you do that?"

"That's no way to greet your big bro," Siwon chuckles, helping me back into a standing position. I finally get over my slight frustration and hug him.

"I knew it was a bad idea for me to give you my spare key," I laugh, "I should've saved it for someone special."

"Ouch, little MeanHo," my older brother calls after me jokingly as I move past him and down the hall to the kitchen.

"Well, since you're here, do you want some tea? Coffee? Just plain water?" I rummage through the cabinets as Siwon joins me in the kitchen.

"Water's fine."

I reach in my fridge, grabbing myself a container of strawberry milk. I then take a glass from the cabinet and get my brother some water from the sink.

"I'm afraid I'm here to ask for a bigger favor than just a glass of water," Siwon states as he bows slightly in thanks for the water.

"No, I will not lie to the cops for you," I joke and Siwon laughs.

"Nah, man. Nothing like that. I just need somewhere to stay for a while."

I nod, taking a sip of my milk. "Well, you got it. What happened? Your modeling career didn't take off like you hoped?"

Siwon's face twitches in anger, not directed at me. "It's like no one wants to take me on! I don't get it. I have the best looking body in all of Seoul, and no one will even consider me!"

I snort. "Maybe it's because you're so arrogant." But honestly, if I had a body as perfect as Siwon's, I would be too. It's obvious he's the hot brother, and I look like a pile of last week's garbage when standing next to him. And his abs? Seventy million times better than mine.

My brother shrugs as we stand in silence for a few moments.

"Maybe you should go to America. Everyone loves Asians there. You shouldn't have a problem finding a job there. Plus, you're already fluent in English."

Siwon shrugs again and leans up against the wall. "So what have you been up to?"

I gasp, nearly spitting out a mouthful of strawberry milk. I look up at the clock, noticing it's 5:30. . I need to get ready.

"I'm actually going out tonight," I say simply as I hurry out of the kitchen and into my room to search frantically for something to wear.

"Oh really? Hot date?" my brother sneers from the kitchen.

I laugh slightly, deciding on a brown sweater, a plaid vest, and tight black jeans. "Not exactly."

"So what is it?"

"I've been tutoring this kid...Lee Taemin," I call out, carefully changing. "I promised I'd take him to the movies tonight. It's sort of a way for us to get to know each other better."

"You're taking your tutoring student to the movies so you guys can get to know each other better? Yeah, that doesn't sound like a date at all."

"Cool it, Mr. Sarcasm," I grumble as I fix my hair quickly before returning to the kitchen.

Siwon whistles, looking me up and down. "I think you need to tell me about this Taemin kid."

So I do. I spend the next five minutes describing my incredible student to my older brother, whom stares at me with his eyes wide, a smile playing on his lips.

"Damn, Minho. How do you not just him?" Siwon shakes his head.

"It's not like that," I roll my eyes. "He's just...special, you know?"

"And you're obviously in love with him," Siwon points out with a smirk.

"I am not! I like him, okay? But that's it," I groan, chugging the rest of my milk and tossing it in the overflowing trash can.

"Does he like you?"

I shrug. "Probably not. I feel like a total awkward creeper when I'm with him."

"Well, stop being so awkward," Siwon waves a hand like it's the easiest thing in the world. "Then again, that's like telling me to stop being y."

I roll my eyes. Of course. Typical Siwon. "Whatever. I need to go."

"I expect every detail when you get back!" Siwon squeals like a teenage girl as I leave the apartment. I take a deep breath. Here we go.

~~~~~

Taemin's POV

When we get back to my house, I can't help but sigh in relief. I love my best friend to death, I really do. But he really drives me crazy sometimes. The whole walk home, he jabbered about Minho and how perfect he is for me. Since when did he become such a hopeless romantic?

"Hey, Taemin," Jonghyun says softly, his tone having a twinge of seriousness. "If you don't want him, I'll take him."

I freeze, his words hitting my back like hot stones as I stand on my porch and face the door. No. Don't say that kind of stuff. That kind of stuff makes me feel this anger that I don't understand. This anger that burns me to the core. This anger that makes me want to punch you in the face, even though I know for a fact I would never have the balls to do so.

Why did Umma raise me to be such a perfect angel?

"I'll see you later, Jonghyun," I answer slowly and softly. I open the door and close it firmly behind me, shutting out Jonghyun. Shutting out the anger.

"Taeminnie? Come to Umma!"

And then it begins. Key Uma spends the next forty-five minutes doing my hair, wardrobe, and yes, even make-up. I monitor it, of course. I don't feel like looking like a drag queen.

I look at myself in the mirror, hardly believing it's me in the reflection. My usually curly auburn hair was straightened, the tips in the back barely touching my shoulders. Eyeliner traces along the edges of my eyes. Foundation is smeared across every inch of the skin on my face, covering any slight blemish I might have. My cheeks are powdered with a tinge of blush, and my lips are wet with a clear gloss. I'm wearing a plain black t-shirt with a stylish sports jacket, a pair of ridiculously tight jeans, and very shiny, yet casual shoes. Key Umma doesn't disappoint. Ever.

"Tae, baby, you look gorgeous," Umma coos happily as I watch him wrap his arms around my waist from behind me in the full-length mirror. I smile and lean back against his chest.

"Thanks, Umma. For everything," Umma merely smiles and kisses my forehead.

"Taemin?" I cringe. Onew Appa. "Are you going out somewhere?"

I turn around and face him, feeling Umma do the same. I open my mouth to say something, but then I realize I don't have an excuse ready.

"He's going out to dinner with Jonghyun and his parents," Umma answers quickly. It's completely reasonable. Jonghyun's parents are always having important dinners with clients of their company, and Taemin was sometimes invited to come along.

Onew Appa seems to buy it as Umma leads me past him towards the door.

"You really like that milk, don't you, baby?" Umma whispers in my ear. I nod with a blush, and Umma smiles kisses my forehead. "Have a great time."

I walk out the door and into the freezing air. It seems so much colder than it was earlier. Maybe I should run in and get a bigger jacket. No time. I'm already going to be late.

I hurry downtown, passing by the park and the ice cream shop. I smile as I remember earlier. He can't wait to see you, Taemin. Don't keep him waiting!

I walk faster, my heart skipping a beat as the theater comes into view. My eyes automatically scan the people wandering aimlessly past the bright lights. And then I see him, leaning up against one of the pillars of the theater. His position shifts slightly upon seeing me approaching, and a wide smile stretches across his face.

Minho.

"Taemin," my name rolls off his tongue so perfectly, like it's the only word in his language. Several people have spoken my name before, but only when Minho says it does it feel so special. Meaningful. My name has purpose: it was made to be made audible by Minho's lips.

"Mianhae. I'm late," I mutter sheepishly, bowing to the taller boy in front of me.

"Fashionably late," Minho chuckles. "You look great. Did you get all dressed up just for me?"

I blush and look down. Is he flirting with me? Nah, come on, Taemin. He's just teasing you. I hardly call what I'm wearing "all dressed up."

Minho chuckles again. "It doesn't matter. The movie doesn't start for ten minutes. I already bought our tickets."

I blink and look up at him. "I was going to buy my ticket. You didn't have to do that."

"I wanted to," Minho smiles. I swallow hard. "I'm buying the snacks too."

"Minho! Let me buy something!" I pout. How was he just going to do that?! "You're making me feel rude!"

"Aigoo," Minho laughs, ruffling my hair before leading me into the building. "Alright, you can buy your drink. But the popcorn and candy is on me!"

--

Two and a half hours, one large popcorn, two large sodas, and one box of sticky sour candy later, we're sitting in the ice cream shop again, this time at the same table. Minho smiles up at me as I chow down on my banana ice cream. This time the ice cream shop seems a little more intimate since we're the only two here, besides the bored teenage girl behind the counter, flipping through a magazine.

"Is that good?" Minho asks, gesturing to my rapidly disappearing ice cream. I look up at him and raise an eyebrow.

"Do you want to try?" I ask. Minho just continues staring at me as I scoop up a little on my spoon and hold it out to him.

Minho draws back a little and smirks. "Eww. Taemin germs."

I roll my eyes and giggle. "I don't have any diseases, Minho."

Minho leans forward again and opens his mouth, letting me feed him the sweet deliciousness that is banana ice cream. He rolls the sweet mouthful around on his tongue for a moment before swallowing it. He then lets out a series of fake gagging noises.

"Pabo!" I lightly punch his shoulder, causing him to laugh.

"It's good, Tae. It really is," Minho smirks, ruffling my hair. God, I love when he does that.

I smiles. "What about yours?"

"See for yourself," Minho grins, feeding me a spoonful of strawberry ice cream.

"IT'S DECLICIOUS!" I exclaim, tipping back in my seat and throwing my hands in the air. Minho laughs, using his foot to hold on to my chair so I won't fall over.

"Aigoo, so cute!" the girl behind the counter suddenly gushes, causing Minho and I to turn and look at her. "How long have you two been dating?"

We both blink. "We're not-"

"Don't give me that," the girl snaps, interrupting my words. She pops her bubble gum loudly and twirls her almost orange hair with her fingers. "I'm not a homophobe. It's okay."

"But we're really not together," Minho says, clearing his throat. I blush.

"Totally fooled me," the girl's voice turns dull again as she returns to her magazine.

"You know," Minho brings my attention back to him, "We could've gotten actual food instead of more ice cream."

"Ice cream is so much better, though," I giggle, and Minho nods in agreement.

"I just hope your Umma doesn't get mad at me for letting you have all this sugar," Minho laughs as we both get up to throw away our empty containers. We exit the small shop, bowing in thanks to the girl behind the counter.

What the shiiiiiiiit? Did it get COLDER? It feels, like, worse than the arctic right now. I lean up against the brick wall to zip up my jacked, shivering violently.

"Taemin? Are you cold?" Minho stops and gives me a worrysome gaze.

No . "I'm f-f-f-fine."

"No you're not. You're shaking out of your skin!" before I can protest, Minho wraps his much heavier jacket around me, leaving him in just a sweater and a vest.

"You'll freeze to death now!" I point out. Minho just shrugs.

"It'll be worth it," he mutters, and I look up only to find him quickly look away. What exactly did he mean by that?

We walk then, keeping painfully silent. I snuggle into Minho's jacket, loving the warmth and sweet smell it gave off. It feels weird to be wrapped up in this jacket. His jacket. It's strange. Foreign. Yet, it feels right. Safe. Perfect.

As we walk, snow begins to fall lightly, making the air seem that much colder. I bury myself further into Minho's jacket. Where exactly are we going? Is he taking me home?

"Minho, are you walking me home?" Minho nods. "Please don't!"

Minho looks at me with a shocked expression, and I hurry to explain.

"My dad's home. He could see," I press, and Minho bites his lip.

"I won't walk you all the way there, then," Minho decides. I nod and we continue walking.

"Did you enjoy the movie?" Minho asks, shivering just a bit.

"Yeah, it was really funny," I smile, and Minho smiles too. "Thanks so much for taking me."

"It's nothing," Minho suddenly stops. "This is my apartment complex."

"Why don't you go, then?" I ask, my teeth slightly chattering. "I can walk the rest of the way by myself."

"Are you sure? It's getting late and it's so dark and-"

"Minho, go," I flash him a smile, causing his face to mirror mine. I wonder if our hearts mirror each other too. "It's way too cold. Go inside and get warm."

I start taking off his jacket, but he stops me and my breathing by putting his hands on my shoulders.

"Keep it," he breathes. "You can always give it back later. And I know you'll be clever around your dad." He winks.

I nod and Minho ruffles my hair. "G'night, Tae. See you later."

"Goodnight, Minho," I mutter to his retreating back. I stand there for a few extra moments before walking away, homeward bound.

When I arrive at my house, I frantically search my brain for ideas of what to do with Minho's jacket. I finally decide to fold it up and hide it under the porch. I'm sorry, Minho. I'll clean it before I give it back, I promise.

I open the door and hang my jacket in the hall, shivering. I close the door quickly and spin around to find Onew Appa in the doorway of the kitchen. And he doesn't look happy.

"Taemin. Living room. Now."

.

~~~~~

CLIFFHANGER~ Bahaha. :D

Oh, by the way. HELLO SIWON! :D I hope you guys know I really don't prefer Siwon over Minho. I just figured that Minho would have "younger brother syndrome." But in reality, I love them both equally. :D

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR READING. I now have to remember what I was gonna write for the next part. xD

Please leave comments! I love them so much! :D