Dancing and Vocal Training.

We dont fight, we are just having a heated discussion. [DISCONTINUED]

 

PRACTICE= DANCING ( HAPPY) + SINGING (CRAZY?)

 

NOTE: BOLD ONE IS IN ENGLISH

YOUR POV

 

Singing is soooooooo out of my league. I mean dancing is like my life! Singing is all about my brother. I mean his voice could melt the ice in South Pole. Okay, maybe I’m being exaggerated but his voice is really like nice and soothing. Seriously serious!

 

I stared as everyone in the vocal studio warming up his or her vocals. A girl with black wavy hair was too absorbed with her warm ups.  And there was a guy with short brown hair. I copy whatever Eric was doing. Min Min unnie who just got in saw me and came to me. She teaches me some of the exercise for warming up my vocals. Well I did have faint memory on vocal training. Oh maybe it is because I keep skipping vocal classes back in LA. Eric was the one that always help me up when we have tests. 

 

The vocal coach already there coaching the black wavy hair and the short-brown hair guy. They look soooooo fit in. Maybe they are not a newbies like Eric and me.

 

Then, a guy entered the room. Erh, coconut sunbae? Everyone in the room bow and said “”Annyeonghaseyo Junsu-sunbae.”Junsu bowed back.

 

“Junsu-ah you already here. Let’s start. I’m Lee In-sung. Your vocal coach. This is your producer, David Lee. He will be helping me monitoring your vocal. Today, we are so lucky to have Junsu-shi to vocal coach us.”

 

“Just ignore that I’m here.” Junsu jokes.

 

“Junsu oppa, it is so hard to ignore you.” The black wavy hair said.

 

Flirty to coconut hair? Eww, don’t she have better taste.

 

“So, to the new trainee for today you just go so as far do re mi. Jin-ah please entertain us” In-sun said to the black wavy hair. She got into the recording studio. She sang Goose Dream. Hi ro sang Baby, baby  followed by Min Min singing lollipop by 2ne1. 

“Jin-ah, you sang as beautiful as always. Mesmerizing! But make real vibrattos not the fake vibrattos with your diaphragm.” In-sung praised the so called Jin-ah.

 

“Oh, I know” Jin Ah smiled elegantly and flicked her hair. What the.. SO snobbish..

 

“Hi ro, you can improve on your falsetto. It’s vibrating again. Please don’t mixed up yoru falsettos with your head voice,”

 

“Ne.”Hi Ro said simply.

 

“Min Min, you should pick a song that will show you vocal strength not just for pleasure to hear. Again, expand you vocal range dear. Well dear new trainee, I know you trained for one year in LA’s JYP BUT that doesn’t mean you are better. Junsu will play piano for your Do Re Mi testing.” In-sung said sternly.

 

I gritted my teeth nervously.  Eric holds my hand and squeezes it GENTLY. “Jiayou!” Eric mouthed.

 

(AUTHOR NOTE= JIAYOU IS HWAITING IN CHINESE.)

 

I sing Do Re Mi until Do. My voice nearly cracked. Of course my brother sings it beautifully.  

 

“Not bad trainee twins. You Song boy you need more practice. Well for you Song girl. You can be improved. “ In-sung said light heartedly. Then, he turns his attention to Jin-ah and Hi ro.

 

“He can be little ignorance and cruel but he is really nice actually” Min Min reassured me.

 

“Nice? He underestimates me. And I, Song Emilie will not treat underestimation nice.” I replied.

 

“Emilie, don’t be sad over his comments. Eric you are really good actually. In-sung sunbae treat us more harshly when 2pm and me first enter his recording studio. “Junsu said.

 

“Thank you sunbae. My voice is nothing” Eric shyly bowed.

 

I nudge Eric’s shoulder and mouthed nothing my . He nudged me back. Both of us chuckled.

 

“So you both from US. Chinese American. Where you live in US ? ”Junsu asked.

 

“We both live in Massachusetts. “ Eric answered.

 

“Really? Taecyeon used to live there too”

 

“Taecyeon sunbae, really?”

 

“Yeah, that massacheese . He is born in Seoul, Korea but then he follows his family to massacheese and he moved again but still in US I think.”

 

So that beast name is Taecyeon. Weird name for a weird guy. He lives in Massachusetts too. Hum. No wonder his face looks familiar. Aah, impossible. Massachusetts is big place. But still. You thought to yourself

 

I chuckled at Junsu said Massacheese.

 

“Emilie-shi you look like you didn’t hear us but you were eavesdropping, right?” Junsu tease me.

 

I smile awkwardly and scrunched my nose like it was itchy. “Umm, please excuse me. I got to go to toilet” I bowed and walk out of the room. Min Min unnie follow me then.

 

“You don’t like Junsu sunbae?”Min min unnie asked me.

 

“Erh, weyo unnie?”

 

“It’s not that I like him. It’s just that I don’t like guy as in general”

 

“Weyo dongsaeng?”

 

“Umm, they just give out a negative aura. Bad past.”

 

“I don’t understand?”

 

“Umm, I..”

 

“Its okay. You don’t have to tell me now. Tell me when you feel comfortable. Come on let’s get back to training”

 

I nodded and sighed in relief. At the final hour, we were forced to do harmonies on South Korean National Anthem. It is real glad that I’m actually remembering the tunes wells. “Well, that is all for the today. Your harmonies are actually good for a couple of persons which just meet. Is it quite hard for me to actually believe that this is something that not every group can do at their first harmonies? Again, falsettos’ not head voice. Real vibratos not, diagphragm vibrattos. Jin-ah, please try to blend in and not overshadow other’s questionable voices. Minmin and Song girl practice your messa di voce everyday. Again, Hiro not head voice, falsettos. By the way, Eric is it? Good job. That is all for today”  Insun clasped his hand while studying Minmin and you with light-hearted. Jin-ah leave the room first while glaring at Eric while Hiro follow her lead with his head hung low.

 

Gah, she must be jealous that Eric got the praise not her. Move over sister, you have o share your spotlight. Muahahahaha. Ah, Insun sunbae does not remember my name. Huh, I’ll impressed you. I can do this!! Two hours seems like foreveeeeeeerrr. My throat sores. My husky voice might turn into a guy’s voice later. My throoooooatt.

 

 

When arrived at our dorm, Eric quickly lies down on the sofa.  Then, I playfully sat on his . “Y-you. Get away. Gege is tired. Get off.” He smacks my back. I stuck out my tongue. Then, I lay my body on him.

 

“Aahh. You tired? For someone that can sing said tired. Then, I’m super duper tired.” Then I sat on the sofa. I put his leg on my lap. I lay my head back on the sofa.

 

“Who said I’m not tired. You just gotta sing to the beat” Eric stuck out his tongue.

 

“Drink this. It helps you voice feel better” Min Min unnie said.

 

“What’s is this unnie?” I asked.

 

“Poison? Hahaa. This is limejuice. I mixed it with little honey so it will be less sour.”

 

“Souuurr” I said while Eric pouted his lips.

 

“Your throat is not used to this exercise. I nearly lost my voice in my first week here. Junsu oppa gave this to me. He is a big help. Thanks to him my voice is gotten better. In-sung will treat you worst if your voice is getting hoarse. He said your voice, your responsibility.” Min Min said and patted my head.

 

“Oh.” Eric and I nodded slowly.

 

 

“Kaja, change your clothes.” Min Min unnie said.

 

“Eh? Wae?” I asked.

 

“Now it’s time to dancing training.” Min Min said.

 

“YES!” I cheered while Eric frowned. “NO!”

 

Nobody’s POV

 

After changing clothes, Min Min leads your brother and you to the dance room.

 

Jin Ah and Hiro already warm up.

 

“Warm up, quick!” Jin Ah demanded. “Tch, newbie.” She rolled her eyes and continued warming up.

 

What a brat, Min Min thought.

 

“Ne.” Eric bowed nervously.

 

“Just ignore her.” Min Min patted your shoulder.

 

“Yeah, I know. Not worth of my time anyway.” You shrugged coolly and started to warm up.

 

This kid has guts to talk back. Jin-Ah raised an eyebrow in amusement.

 

Cool and interesting. Hiro thought, smiling.

 

“Annyeong everyone. How do you guys feeling?” A punk hair figure comes into the dancing studio.

 

“Jay oppa. You are here!” Jin-Ah squealed and quickly ran towards him. Then, she linked her arms with him.

 

No way she likes punk hair too? Eewww. You thought to yourself. You continue your warm up and then, you realized there was someone standing behind you. You turned back and then baam. You crashed into……… BEAST? What is he doing here? Please, please cherry on top, not him our teacher.

 

Beast, what are you doing here?” I blurted out.

 

Bo-girl. I’ll be your mentor in dancing. ” He said proudly.

 

“Look. I got two things to tell you. First, I don’t need mentoring in dancing. And I’m not being arrogant or whatsoever. This is because I AM really good in dancing. Two, please return my Mr Whitey. I beg you. I don’t normally beg unless I really have too” You said while walking towards Taecyeon. He stepped closer to you.

 

“Okay. But I only have one thing to say. I will return your Mr Whitey if I am your mentor in dancing. Oh, then I’m mentoring your brother too” Then, he stepped closer again until your back is touching the mirrored-wall.

 

Jaybeom cleared his throat. “Okay, you two lovebirds. Please, there are other people here too. So, today I’ll be your coach today. Jin Guk Sunbae couldn’t come. He has some family issue to resolve. So, lets get the party started okay!” Jaybeom put his hand in the air. Hi ro and Jin-ah joined him.

 

Min Min frowned. “But I want Jin Guk sunbae ”She mumbled quietly.

 

Then, Min Min came to you and Taecyeon. She playfully smacks his shoulder. “Taec oppa you this morning right. Until she c-cr” Her words where covered by my loud fake cough.

 

“Until she what, Min Min?”

 

“Taecyeon sunbae. Please start teaching us! I’ll be a good student” You bowed. I just decided to play along and be a good student. He might actually return Mr Whitey even without me finish paying the hospital bill.

 

“Me too.” Eric came and bowed.

 

“Jay oppa, I’ll be joining Taec oppa here.” Min min said.

 

“But waeyoo? You don’t like me?” Jaybeom pouted his lips.

 

“Yes, I don’t like you” Min min muttered.

 

“Okay kids, let’s start.”

 

Jaybeom continued teaching them the step Again & Again. Turn out is was their  song. Min Min help Taecyeon teach Eric and you. You pick it up quite fast. I mean this your thingy okay. I practically lived for dancing. And food.

 

You move just naturally into the beat. Before you know it, you put your own step.  Your dance your own step with the original Again & Again steps kind of mixing together.

 

“Yyahh. Stick to the original okay!” Taecyeon is pissed.

 

You smirked and continue with the original step. You glance at Eric who was having trouble with his steps even with Min Min helping him.

 

“Eric, first you punch forward four times. And your leg. When you punched with your right hand, you pushed your right leg too. It’s not the opposite.  You gotta feel the beat Gege“ You get back at him for teasing you about the vocal training just now.

 

“It’s easy for you” He pouted his lips.

 

I could do this aaaaalllllll day. Just let me dance again & again & again & again.

 

Everyone was lying on the floor, tired. You continue dancing like you weren’t dancing just now.  “Tschh, show off” Jin-ah scoffed. Hi Ro was watching you in amazement.

 

“Unnie, jealous much?” You said cynically but show your eye-smile.

 

She scoffed and walks out the dancing studio.

 

Hi Ro came to you and Eric, “Annyeong. I believe I haven’t introduced myself.  Choneun Lee Hi-Ro. You can call me Hiro oppa/hyung. And I’m half Japanese-half Korean FYI. LOL. That is Park Jin-ah the one that just walked out of the room. “

 

You and Eric bowed, “Annyeong, I’m Song Eric. Called me Eric”

 

“Please call me Em. Anyway, can I call you hyung instead of oppa?”

 

“Waeyo?”

 

“Urmm, b-because. I t-think you will look c-cooler if I call you h-hyung” You show your eye-smile.

 

“What are you trying to do bo-girl. Change our culture?” Taecyeon interrupt. 

 

“Ani hyung. Gwenchanayo. If you said so, I will look cooler if I let you called me hyung.”

 

You eye-smile again. Wow, I never know eye-smile has so much power. It never works back in Massachusetts. LOL.

 

Eric nudged you. What, you nudged him back. I know what are you doing, he mouthed. I don’t understand, you mouthed back.

 

“You do this a lot?” Hiro asked Eric and you.

 

“Huh?” You both said.

 

“Telepathy. Talking with mind? It’s a twin thing right?”

 

Both of you laughed simultaneously.

 

“Okay kids. Let’s continue. “ Jaybeom clapped his hand so all of us would gather around again. “From the start you guys. Three, two, one.

 

I gotta admit Jaybeom sunbae is a good dancer and a good coach. He should be the one that mentor Eric and me, not that BEAST.

 

Because you were dazing you accidentally punched Taecyeon that was dancing in front of you.

 

“Yyaahh. Do you hate me that much?”

 

I’m sorry sunbae.”You bowed quickly. “I’m really sorry. Real sorry”

 

“This morning, you kicked my foot. Now, you punched my back. I mean I’m real sorry for taking your Mr Whitey. But don’t you think you are gong too much?” Taecyeon raised his voice.

 

“Look, I’m real sorry. And the hospi...” I quickly stopped before I exposed the real deal. Grr, this guy is acting. What does he want from meeeeee??!!

 

Taecyeon walk out of the room. Everyone was shocked. Eric slung his arm around your shoulder. You look at Taecyeon disbelievingly.  Jin-ah glares at you and follow Taecyeon out. “Lets continue okay. Just ignore Taecyeon. He will be fine by himself. Don’t worry, Emilie-shi” Jaybeom look at you.

 

You continue your dancing but your mind can’t help to think about Taecyeon.

 

 

Taecyeon’s POV

 

Flashback.

 

“Neh Jin Guk sunbae. Its Jay talking.  Yeahh. As usual training tonight… Yeahh.. The new trainee twin already here.. Umm, yeahh. You cannot came? Really. I hope nothing worse happen. … Huh, me. I’ll be fine. .. I’ll just take one of the boys with me…. Okay.. Take care” Jaybeom put off his phone. He stared it for a while.

 

“Hyung, what’s with Jin Guk sunbae? “I asked while munching on chips.

 

“He can’t make it tonight for dance training. Humm, guess I’ll be asking Wooyoung to help me for tonight.” Jaybeom make his way to Wooyoung and Junho’s room.

 

“Why don’t you bring me along?”

 

“Your dancing is.. questionable. It’s not good, it’s just worst. Compare to Wooyoung .. and.. Junho” Jaybeom laughed from Junho and Wooyoung’s room.

 

“Hyung, you are mean!” I scream. I carried on munching my chips.

 

Jaybeom will train the new trainee. Humm, Jin-ah and her flirty act. Urghh. Hiro is real cool. Well, he looks cool after he treat me that spicy rice cake. Min min? She is cute. My little sister. And the twins. Hey, the twins. The bo-girl and Eric. Damn, my leg still hurt even after Khunnie massage it. Readers, don’t think anything dirty. The bruise turn blue. This called for a revenge!

 

“Wooyoung-ah don’t go and help Jay hyung tonight”, I said as I lean at their room’s door.

 

“Waeyo?” Wooyoung get up from Junho’s bed. Jaybeom and Junho who was playing video games raised their head up.

 

“Because I said so. I’m hyung”

 

“Taecyeon, I would love to help you for you revenge, But seriously you can’t dance man” Jaybeom said while playing games with Junho.

 

“Revenge, what revenge? To the new trainee?”Junho asked.

 

“Or you just wanna for kicking your feet, hyung” Wooyoung tease.

 

“Chesshh, I’m not. I just want her to see the good side of Taecyeon. “ I pouted my lips.

 

“Hyung, please just let him help you tonight. His aegyo is killing me. And I don’t mean in a good way” Wooyoung grimaced.

 

“Hyung, aegyo supposed to be cute. You should learn from me.” Junho support him.

 

I strangle Junho’s  neck. “Are you saying my aegyo is ugly?”

 

“Not ugly hyung, just not cute as mine”

 

“So, you think you are the best? “

 

“I am, hyung. “

 

“No, you are not”

 

“Leave aegyo to me and you can keep playing your human instrument”

 

“Taec, your feet not hurt anymore? Khun said it turns blue. Like for real?” Jaybeom asked worryingly.

 

“Naahh, Khunnie is just being exaggerate. Nothing blue. Yahh, it tickles. “ I said as I felt Junho tickled me to free him from my held. Then, he smacks my bruise and ran away.

 

“Yyahh. Pabo, came here!” I ran after him.

 

Flashback end.

 

Then, I felt a punch on my back. It doesn’t even hurt. But bo-girl is dancing behind me. So, she must be the one that punching my back. And I got an evil plan that just happens to pop in my mind.

 

I turned back facing her.  She looks really guilty but I don’t think she meant to do it.

 

“Yyaahh. Do you hate me that much?” I said to her.

 

I’m sorry sunbae.”She bowed quickly. “I’m really sorry. Real sorry”

 

“This morning, you kicked my foot. Now, you punched my back. I mean I’m real sorry for taking your Mr Whitey. But don’t you think you are gong too much?” I raised my voice. I’m so damn good at acting. Any takers from films or dramas producer?

 

“Look, I’m real sorry. I’m real..”

 

I walk away without letting her finish her words. Wow, I even surprised myself for my acting skill. I mean I could try out at any drama later. Jinyoung hyung will be so proud of me. I smirked. Then, I later heard footsteps following me. I fastened my pace.

 

“Taec oppa, “

Erh, now she even calls me oppa. My plan work , chincha jeongmal?

 

Then, I stop when I felt a hand touch my shoulder.

 

“Taec oppa. Please don’t get mad at Emilie. She is just a newbie”

 

I was surprised it was Jin-ah not bo-girl. But I managed to keep my poker face.

 

“I know. But she is rude.”

 

“I know. Please don’t get mad. You are not handsome when you are mad” She teases.

 

Seriously, that’s the best flirty act that you can give me. I thought to myself.

 

“Yeah, I know.” I said while rubbing my chin.

 

“That’s Taec oppa that I knew. Now, let’s continue practicing okay” She pouted her lips.

 

“Nah, gwenchanayo. She already ruin my mood. You go back and practice. Please do me a favor okay?”

 

“Anything”

 

“Said to Jaybeom hyung. I’m really sorry that he had to continue alone but I really lost my mood. Will you?” I wink.

 

“Okay, no problem. I mean we are at the end of our training. So, I think he will be okay. I’ll help him”

 

Help Jay hyung? Your dancing skill is questionable like me. Only I think I might be better. I snickered but I still keep my poker face.

 

I bid her goodbye. “Annyeong oppa. Good night. Sleep tight!”

 

I walk to our dorm at 6th floor. “I’m back!” I said as I got into our house.

 

Khunnie was watching tv with Junsu. “Where are others?” I asked them.

 

“Chansung is at the kitchen cooking ramen. Wooyoung and Junho playing games in their room I think” Junsu answered.

 

“Chansung-ah made some ramen for me too” I screamed then I sat joining Junsu and Khunnie.

 

“Okay!” Chansung screams back.

 

“Hyung, later when we got into Star King or Star Golden Bell. You can show your talent. Human instrument” Khunnie said to me as we were watching a variety show.

“Sure”

 

“Anyway, why were you back without Jay hyung. The training also ends early? Junsu said as he glanced at the clock.”

 

“Let’s just say my plan work?”

 

“What plan?”Khunnie asked.

 

“Jeongmal? “Junsu asked.

 

I nodded and tell both of them what happen just now. “I mean she was scared. Her milky skin just fades. “ Okay, I am being exaggerate. But what the heck.

 

Then, Chansung arrived with the ramen.

 

“Yeahh. I love you maknae. How many packet did you cook?”

 

Ten, Chansung held both of his hands up as he was slurping the ramen.

 

“Daebak! Maknae you are the best. Khunnie want some?” I asked and feed some to Khunnie then to Junsu.

 

Half an hour later, Jay hyung arrived.

 

“Ramen! I want some. Chansung, feed hyung “Jay hyung said and he open his mouth asking Chansung to feed him some.

 

“Kids, let’s eat some ramen!” Junsu scream.

 

Then, Wooyoung and Junho came out.

 

Ah, nothing like beauty sleep after my stomach is filled. I patted my stomach. Then, a chorus Tell Me song was on the air, indicating that I have new messages on KakaoTalk. I read it from some unknown number.

 

-Really some act you put just now in the training room? You know you could be an actor instead of an idol- Song Emillie

-Oh really? You know I will give a thought about that. What do you want?-

 

-Can I have my teddy bear back? I can’t sleep well without it-

 

-Well, I was actually giving of thinking back the teddy bear back something stop me. I mean someone stop me. She kicks me on the feet in the morning and punch my back in the evening-

 

-Well, she is just pissed that someone take her teddy bear as hostage. And she wanted to say sorry. She meant no harm. In fact, she might do more harm-

 

I chuckled as I read her messages. Now she is referring herself as the third person.

 

-Really? Please remind her that she has a hospital bill that she had to pay and that’s the reason why her teddy bear is held as hostage-

 

-About the hospital bill, can you give me more time for it? I um don’t have enough money for it-

 

-Did I give you the exact time when you have to pay it all?-

 

-Err no. But umm-

 

-So, please pay the hospital bill by loan for months. But the teddy bear is staying with me-

 

-But urm, okay. Goodnight-

 

I reread the last messages repeatedly. Did she just give up? Oh, this is no fun. I sighed and tried to sleep.

 

A/R: guyssss, heyyyy. I read some vocal trainings to improve on the vocal part. I just write stuff so it makes sense. Hehee. Pleace correct if I'm wrong. I'm only singing if it involves karaokeing. LOL. Oh, in this chapter again they had some minor arguments. Let me know what yo think about these. Okey, dont forget to give this chapter with love with some comments. Thank you so mucho mucho.