The Future In-Laws

Girly?It's Not That Bad...

“Are you alright?”

Changmin tilted his head in confusion. 

“You looked like you were gonna cry just now.”

Changmin blushed, “Was it that obvious?” he muttered, embarrassed.

Siwon smiled gently and ruffled the younger’s hair.

“Kyuhyun is a tough one but there’s a crack already made by you so hang in there.”

“Really? But he’s so mean to me all the time.” Changmin frowned to himself.

Siwon gave a smile like there was something that Changmin didn’t know that the older know.

They walked in amiable silence along the pebbled path through the rose garden. The flowers were in full bloom, creating a wonderful view to behold with their various colours and Changmin took comfort in them. He inhaled the mixed sweet fragrance that lingered in the air, a soft smile adorning his face.

“Ah.”

Changmin looked at Siwon and watched him as he produced a phone that Changmin instantly recognized as his. Siwon held out the phone to him with a sheepish expression.

“Here, I picked it up for you.”

Changmin gave a look at the older but decided not to comment. He took back his phone, pocketing it.

“So…it’s all an act? You, being a couple?”

Changmin stopped in his track hearing the question that came out of Siwon’s mouth very nonchalantly. He looked at the older guiltily and played with the hem of his shirt in a nervous gesture. Siwon’s stare was piercing through him and all he could get out of his mouth is, “Uh…”

Siwon’s lips twitched as his blank face started to crumble before a laugh escaped him. Changmin still looked at him like Siwon had scolded him for stealing cookies and the latter found it was rather adorable.

No wonder…

“Don’t look so guilty. I’m just testing you. Besides, I already knew. Since you guys started ‘dating’.”

“You…knew? How?”

“It was quite the uproar at school when the cold Cho Kyuhyun finally decided on his partner and a boy to boot so I figured it was Kyuhyun’s scheme to get his parents and the girls off of his back since he always whines about them every single day to me.” Siwon grinned.

Changmin raised an eyebrow, “He…whines?”

“He’s a human too, Min.” Siwon chuckled, amused.

Changmin looked sheepish at the retort but didn’t say anything back. Who would have thought that the great Cho Kyuhyun whined –such a plebeian act– too? Changmin thought the boy was too graceful and dignified for that but…nah, Siwon must have been exaggerating, right? There was no way…

An image suddenly popped into his head. It was of Kyuhyun, pouting and blinking cutely and saying his name in a high-pitched voice.

‘Miiiinnniiiiieeee~’

Changmin didn’t know whether to laugh or flush.

Changmin snapped out of his reverie at the sound of approaching footsteps. He turned to see a man standing nearby, bowing.

 “Young master Siwon, they are back.”

“Oh, thank you. I almost forgot.”

The butler bowed again and they watched him headed into the house and disappeared behind the door that led into the kitchen. Siwon turned to Changmin.

“Let’s go back inside. Your future in-laws are back.” Siwon grinned teasingly.

He paled.


Changmin kept chanting Calm down in his heart and clenched his hands into fists on his lap to avoid fiddling with his fingers in his haste to calm his nerves. Not that he succeeded much.

He glanced up at the man who was sitting across him. Mr. Cho, Kyuhyun’s father was a handsome, strict looking man and judging by his posture and the way he carried himself, he was a rather important figure in society. Also, there was this air about him that demanded respect that Changmin was already giving him, happily, might he say.

And he was still looking at Changmin without blinking.

Changmin gulped.

He moved his eyes away to land them on Kyuhyun’s mother who was looking at him back, analysing and Changmin couldn’t help but feel small. She was a very pretty woman, quite young and was elegant, a suitable match for Kyuhyun’s father.

It was no wonder how Kyuhyun turned up looking so…UNF.

The silence was getting to him now and he glanced at Kyuhyun who was seated beside him, hoping the latter would try to break it but Kyuhyun was being his usual royal and was ignoring him, preferring to look at his cuticles.

Changmin mentally gave himself a pat on the back for putting up with Kyuhyun all this time.

His only saviour, Siwon had disappeared, saying he had to go home since his job was finished here and Changmin felt like crying the moment Siwon stepped out of the house, the ancient double doors closing behind him with a final click. He sighed internally.

“You’re Shim Changmin?”

Changmin immediately straighten in his seat at the gruff voice that belonged to Mr.Cho and he almost forgot that he was being asked. He cleared his throat, trying to find his voice.

“Yes.” Changmin was glad that his voice didn’t waver.

“How long have you been dating Kyuhyun?”

“Uh, almost a month.”

“Really? Is that why you two don’t seem like lovers?” Mr.Cho raised a suspicious brow.

Changmin looked to his left and it dawned on him what Kyuhyun’s father was implying. There was a big space between them on the huge sofa that they could have easily fit two more people between them.

“Oh, just go ahead and cuddle. We don’t mind.” Mrs.Cho giggled behind her hand as her other hand waved at them to sit closer.

Changmin glanced uncertainly at Kyuhyun and the latter sighed resignedly. Kyuhyun stood up and made his way closer to where Changmin sat before plopping down next to him. Changmin flushed when an arm s around his waist, pulling him closer against Kyuhyun’s side. He looked up at the other boy to see him raising an imploring brow. He hesitated.

Ah, hell.

He snuggled against Kyuhyun and brought his arm to encircled Kyuhyun’s middle before resting his head on the latter’s shoulder, a low embarrassed whine accompanied the acts. He looked up to gauge Kyuhyun’s reaction only to flush a shade deeper when Kyuhyun gave him a soft smile and tightened his hold on Changmin.

Damn, this guy’s good. Shut up, heart.

“Well, since that is out of the way,” Changmin shifted his gaze to Kyuhyun’s mother who had spoken up again, “I’m flattered that you want our son as your husband,” Changmin gaped at this, “but you must know that there are four tests that you need to past first in order to qualify you as a wife.”

Whoa, whoa, hold up! Husband? Wife? Tests? What…?

Changmin felt Kyuhyun’s shoulders shaking under his head in silent laughter but he was too surprise to feel anything about that.

“I-I’m…sorry?”

Mr.Cho leant back against the sofa as he crossed his legs, “The first test is to see if you could cook and bake well. We don’t want our one and only son to starve when he marries you now, do we? Other tests are sewing, cleaning and decorating and of course, we shall see how good your manner is.”

Changmin could only stare at the two older Chos in front of him while their only son was dying of laughter beside him.


Muahahaha~ Minnie, hang in there!!!

Welcome to the new subbies and readers. To the upvoters, here's a big THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. I'm honoured. *bow*

And those who took their time to drop in their comments, thank you~. You guys really made my day.

P/S: I just noticed this, I had reached 150+ subbies...OMG with double ee~ XD *squeaaal* Where did you all come from?! AHHHHHH~ Thank you~~~ You guys are such lovelies!!!!! XD