"It's okay"

Love Light

 

Marquita’s POV

 

I’ve been texting Kim for a little while now. It took me a little while to actually muster up the courage to text him and I completely failed with just a “hi” text. It seems that Kim is a lot more talkative and relaxed when we are texting, he answers within seconds of my reply. Although I really like it I would really like it better if I could hear his voice. I asked him but after the longest ten minutes of my life his reply was “Sorry, I don’t think I can speak right now…”  I dropped the subject, not wanting to pressure him if he is really uncomfortable.

I’ve learnt so much about him, from his past to what his favorite food is. I feel really close to him. 

 

I lay back on my bed looking at the ceiling trying to fall asleep. My mind is completely alert which only aides in my restlessness. I scroll through my phone trying to find something to take my mind off of my own boredom when I receive a text. I check the name attached to the message to make sure it’s not some random message from some random place I gave my number to, to get coupons. I sigh in relief that it's not just some waste of time text and open it when I see it is from Rain. “You sleep?” I smile to myself imagining Rain’s face as he asks the question. “Yes” I reply, maybe a little too fast. Just as fast as I sent out my text his reply appeared on my screen, “Talk to me, I’m lonely.” I looked at the text about to burst out into muffled giggles when my phone starts ringing. I pick it up and answer it with a smile.

“You didn’t even let my answer your text.” I say pretending to be a little irritated by his implosive actions. “But you don’t seem that upset about it and you answered. Didn’t you want to talk to me too?” I could tell he was smiling from the way he spoke. Rain would always randomly text or call me; I was not mad at it, we always had really amusing conversations. “I’m not sleepy” I wined through the phone. “Me neither, I need a cuddle buddy.” He paused as if waiting for me to say I’ll be his buddy but I just laughed it off. “Good luck with finding your cuddle buddy.” I smiled and rolled over in my bed.

He chuckled and sighed, “Lets hang out tomorrow if you don’t have anything planned.” I don’t answer him but he continues, “I haven’t seen you since the day I first saw you. I’m lonely, remember?” I laugh and sit up in my bed. “Fine mister lonely. Lets meet at Starbucks, I’ll text you the address.”

His voice lightens up when I agree which makes me feel a little light inside. When I get off the phone from talking to him, it is almost one o’clock in the morning but I’m now tired and ready to sleep. I wake up around one pm to a good morning text from both Rain and Kim. While I am replying to both texts I feel kind of weird about having some sort of feelings for both of them. I shake the thought out of my head not willing to examine these feelings. I receive a reminder from Rain to be at the Starbucks on time and to wear something see-through. I laugh cursing our similar sense of humor then text him back saying I’ll be wearing my birthday suit. I rush to take a shower so I can have a lot more time to find an outfit to wear. I wasn’t going to wear my birthday suit but I also wasn’t going to look not put together.

When I finally make it out the shower I take a quick look at my phone and read a new text from Kim. “Hey, I know we haven’t been able to talk but do you want to hang out today? –Kim”

My mouth dropped, of course I wanted to see him and talk. He had even asked first, this was awesome. Then I realized today I’m going to hang out with Rain, I really want to hang out with Kim and there is no way that I can just say no to him. What if he never asks me again? I bit down on the side of my lower lip and text him that we could hang later in the afternoon. My mind was moving faster than I could understand but for some reason I was feeling good. I took a deep breath as my phone vibrated alerting me I have a reply. “Sounds great -Kim”

 

Kim’s POV (he is speaking Korean only here)

I smile to myself, giving myself a pat on the back for asking her out. I take another look at the picture I took of Marquita and felt more determined to make a stronger connection with her. “Damn, what do I say to her when I see her?”

“What?”  I look up and see my cousin. “See who?”  he said with a smirk.

It’s nothing, what are you doing today?”  I could tell he had something planned when his face lights up and he smiles wide enough his eyes become like half moons.

“Nothing, just meeting up with a friend.” He looks me up and down. “You got plans too? A date?”

I shook my head, I knew if I told him yeah he would want to know what she looks like. “No, I’m just going to go outside for some fresh air. Maybe some coffee.”

“I’m actually on my way to get some coffee, want to come? We can talk for a little while I wait for my friend.” I look at him and have a bad feeling.

We drove to a small Starbucks that I’ve never been to before but it seemed nice and inviting. We ordered drinks and sat down by a window. The Starbucks was on the corner of a busy street but there wasn't much traffic or people around.

“So Kim, do you have a girlfriend yet?” I looked at my cousin with an annoyed face; he knew exactly what to say to start off a conversation wrong. “No, we can’t all have three girlfriends at a time.” He smiled “You should try it sometime” I took a drink of my latté and placed my chine in my hand.  “So, who is this friend your waiting on? It has to be a girl.”  He nodded and drank some of his coffee.  “What does she look like? Is she cute?” He poked out his lower lip, looking as if he is in deep thought. “Yup.”  I stood up realizing all he really wanted to do was show off. I was about to say my good byes when he stood up with a huge smile and waved. I turned around to see the mystery girl and was stunned to see Marquita walking towards us. I quickly turned around and got close to my cousin, “Jung, your friend is Marquita?!” He looks at me with sharp eyes. “How do you know her name? And I told you a thousand times to call me Rain.”

I watched Jung run up to Marquita and hug her. I wanted to kill him for touching her. I smiled and waved when Marquita noticed me she look puzzled and scared.  

“It’s okay.”

 I said with a smile knowing she wouldn’t understand but she smiled back.

 

Sorry about not updating, it was the end of school year and i was so busy.