Reactions: Part I

Baby Story

 

Jongin’s POV

In the dormitory

Hearing Kyungie laugh was by far the best sound I had ever heard. Tacky as it might sound but after the emotional roller coaster we both went through yesterday, I was beyond glad to see his beautiful eyes twinkling with laughter.

“HAHAHA. Jongin ah, how clumsy can you get??”

I smiled sheepishly as I carried my bundle of precious books to our bedroom and placed them beside my side of the bed. Just then my phone vibrated. A message. I wondered who would message me at 6.30am…

“The board wants to see you two now. I’ll be at the house in five minutes to pick you guys up. Be ready by then.”

Our momentary happiness ended and the reality of the issues that we had to face started to take its place. I looked up to see Kyungsoo walking into the bedroom and judging by his face, he had received the same text as I did. His forehead was creased into a frown and his eyes were b with worry and concern. “Come here,” I lifted my arms wide apart, inviting him for a hug. He wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his face in the crook of my arm. “It’ll be fine. It’ll be okay. Trust me,” I whispered as I tightened my arms around his slender shoulders.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyungsoo’s POV

In the van, on the way to the company building

Nervous? Definitely.

Worried? Absolutely.

Terrified? Undeniably.

Happy? Surprisingly, yes.

Despite the looming uncertainty that surrounded this pregnancy, I was feeling so contented and blessed.  Oh the irony. But to have someone who loved me and to be able to bear a child with someone I loved felt like the best thing in the world. Sitting in the backseat snuggled in the warmth of that particular someone, I did feel invincible. Sure, we would face numerous problems and many obstacles to come. I was pretty sure I was going to be labeled as a freak for getting pregnant as a male. But then again, happiness did not come from the lack of problems; instead, it came from an inner strength to overcome the problems with a smile. While I may not have what it takes alone, I do have my source of strength right beside me. With that, I was determined that nothing was going to destroy my happiness. No, I was not going to LET anything do that. This was my happiness, my miracle. Mine. My own. I rested my hand on my tummy.

“I will protect you, Miracle.”

In a conference room

Now, I wished some of that confidence I had in the van had stayed with me.

Looking at all the faces of the board members, all my earlier determination seeped away and I could only cringe at the thoughts that were probably going through their heads. Eek. They looked furious. I cowered behind Jongin’s broad shoulders as we walked in the conference room. Clinging on to his arm, I followed him to the front of the conference room. We bowed respectfully before introducing ourselves. To be honest, I had never seen any of them before. Not in my trainee years. Not after I debuted. But I guessed they were pretty important people to be seated in this conference at 7 in the morning in full suit and tie. Many of them had grey hair and had started showing signs of balding. Wrinkles lined their faces, making crow feet around their eyes. Ten. I counted mentally in my head. Ten of them. Ten too many.

“Take a seat.”

A loud voice boomed from the center of the room. Looking at the man sitting right in the prime spot of the room made me realize that Lee Soo Man Seonsaengnim was not present. That eased my worries a little. He was the one person in the company I was most afraid of disappointing. He was the fatherly figure to not just me, but the whole EXO as well. I quickly sat down next to Jongin behind a desk, facing the board of directors.

“Let’s begin. What do you two intend on doing about the fetus?”

“We intend to keep the baby, sir.” Jongin’s strong and resolute voice resonated though the large conference room. He had placed defiant emphasis on the word baby. I glanced at him from the side of my eye; if not for his shaking hand under the desk, I wouldn’t have guessed he was feeling just as afraid as I was right now.

“Keep? Who are you to decide and make such a selfish decision?”

“Get an abortion immediately.”

“This is not normal. This will not only affect your careers, it will destroy your lives!”

“You guys shouldn’t even be in a relationship! Let alone being ually active and PREGNANT!”

“This is not your decision to make.”

The conference room was in a total uproar. My jaws slammed shut and my teeth grinded against each other. Not our decision to make? It was OUR baby, the life WE created. My heart rate increase exponentially as I struggled to maintain my poker face and keep my emotions in check. Jongin reached over to wrap his hand over my tightly clenched fist and gave a small squeeze of reassurance and encouragement. Everyone was shouting to be heard, except one man. The one seated in the center of the room.

“Silence.”

Immediately the room turned so silent and my tummy just had to choose this moment to grumble. My face turned two shades of red and I wrapped my arms around my belly in utter embarrassment.

The man chuckled as he stood up from his seat and started walking towards us.

“Are you willing and ready to give up everything for this baby?” He leaned over the desk and looked directly at me.

I could see Jongin’s eyes staring intently at me. And at the very moment, I just wanted to do right by him so badly. Jongin and Miracle. I wanted to fight for them. I wanted to be brave for them.

I lifted my chin with resolve and purpose.

“Yes.”

“I will stop short of his life, sir. Kyungsoo’s life.” Jongin’s voice cut in and my head turned to stare at him. What was he doing? What is he saying?

“He is the most important person in my life now. I will choose him over the baby any day. That being said, I sincerely hope with all my heart that I would never have to make such a difficult decision. We have come to love and care for this child. This life. This miracle. I will not give anything else in the world for Kyungsoo and the baby.”

Silence. The man stared closely at Jongin as if to find any cracks in his resolution. Jongin, on the other, maintained his eye contact and stood firm on his ground. Finally, the man spoke.

“Well. If that’s the case, it is fine by me.”

With that, he gave both of us a soft smile before returning to his seat. The other board members stared at him incredulously.

“You may leave the room now. And Kyungsoo, get something to eat.” He instructed with a wave of his hand in the direction of the exit and chuckled.

“What? You’re just letting them leave? The issue is not settled yet!”

“What is the meaning of this?!”

“What? Fine? How is this FINE?!”

Not wanting to hear anymore, we shot up from our chairs and bowed once again before heading straight for the exit. As we closed the conference door behind us drowning out the huge commotion in the room, we both let out a huge sigh of relief and embraced in a tight hug. Then I suddenly remembered what Jongin said in the room.

“Ya!” I smacked the top of his head jokingly. “What? Choose me over the baby? How dare you! Miracle will be sad! Never say anything like that aga….”

Before I could finish my sentence, I felt my body being pushed against the wall and a set of luscious lips crashed onto mine. My eyes widened in shock and my entire body tensed. Jongin began to attack my lips with such heated passion that I could only close my eyes and practically melt into his arms. His tongue broke through the barrier of my tightly shut lips and started exploring the insides of my mouth. If not for his arms holding me up, I would have melted in a pile of gooey happiness on the floor. He broke the kiss (way too soon if you asked me) and looked at me tenderly.

“I love you, Do Kyungsoo.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Thank you for reading! And for the lovely comments! I literally spazzed and did a happy dance in my room every time I get a new comment or subscriber!