Wait

Baby Story

 

Kyungsoo’s POV

 

False alarm.

 

 

 

I looked guiltily at the members.

“Nah don’t worry about it” (Yixing)

“Haha we should be thankful that it is a false alarm!” (Kris)

“We really don’t mind, Kyung ah.” (Suho)

Sighs.

After all the trouble they went through, it was just a false alarm.

The scene was all too clear in my mind.

Jongin throwing his paint brush down and sprinted towards me. Kris dashing for the phone to call the gynaecologist. Tao running to alert the members. The gynaecologist arriving at our door ten minutes later, with her hair all messed up from rushing.

Turned out they were just some Braxton Hicks contractions. The gynaecologist explained that it was my body’s way of preparing for the birth and that it was not the real thing. She then went on to instruct the members on when to call her. She taught them how to count the frequency of the contractions and to call her when they were three to five minutes apart. I was so embarrassed that I wanted to bury my head in a hole! Although no one was angry with me, not even our doctor who had to rush all the way to our dormitory for a false alarm, I still felt guilty.

 

 

What a burden I must be…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongin’s POV

Phew.

At least he didn’t go into labour. It was way too early and dangerous to have a natural twin birth this early. At 35 weeks of pregnancy, there could be many complications with the birth if the twins chose to come out now. We would probably have to go into the hospital for a C-section.

What a scare.

Everyone had gone back to whatever they were doing before, except everyone became more wary of Kyungie’s actions. They were all sneaking glances at him every now and then, as if they had to check on him every moment. I just had to laugh at their protective behaviour. They were worse than me! They consciously made sure at least one member was with him at all times. Now Chen had taken up that role, watching Pororo with Kyungie in the living room. The look on Chen’s face was just priceless; he was so bored that he was struggling to stay awake. No one other than Kyungie and I watched Pororo and unfortunately, Kyungie had developed a slight addiction to Pororo as he was confined to the couch. Poor Chen. It must be pure torture for him to have to watch the show.

Chuckling, I went back to painting the room.

~

38 weeks

Kyungie was like a ticking bomb.

The babies have both turned head down and were resting on his bladder. So he had to frequent the toilet a lot more than usual. Every time he stood up to use the bathroom, all of us would take a collective inhale and our eyes would follow his movement closely, worried that he would go into labour any time now.

His belly had grown to become way too big for his tiny frame and he looked like he was going to burst. Shirts no longer fitted him, sliding up to reveal a round bare belly. Kyungie was past caring. Kyungie’s engagement ring no longer fitted his swollen fingers that he now wore the gold band with a silver chain around his neck. He didn’t care if he was fat or if his feet were swollen. He didn’t care even when all of us were watching his every move.

He was just cranky.

The mood swings were back in full force and he would just frown at any little thing. All ten members were terrified. The room often fell silent the moment Kyungie walked in. All eyes would be trained on him as if mentally preparing to flee the moment he blew up. That often left me with the task to deal with Kyungie’s angst.

“I just want them OUT already!” He would often complain.

I couldn’t blame him. He was so uncomfortable and miserable all the time. Plus he could hardly sleep well at night with all the Braxton Hicks contractions. I tried my best to make him feel as comfortable as possible but it seemed like an impossible task.

I did want the babies out as well. I wanted to meet them. To see how they looked like. To hold them in my arms. But on the other hand, I was starting to be petrified by the idea of fatherhood. I had 38 weeks to prepare but it still scared me. Soon, I would be fully responsible for two new lives. I was most definitely not father material. Kyungie was but not me.Would I be a good father? Would I be able to look after and bring them up well?

 

 

It turned out that I didn’t have to wait long before my fathering skills would be put to the test.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Another short chapter. Next one will be long I promise!

 

 

@kyungsooaddict: Soon… hahaha not this chapter though ><

@ahnjinnaforkaisoo: Kaisoo IS lovely. The best couple I’ve ever shipped..

@TheShipperFangirl: Here’s an update! ^^ Don’t die on me! Take a deep breath! In! Out! :D

@Nightmare94: Um thanks? I had to google translate your comment haha. I definitely do not read Spanish LOL but thank you for saying such nice things about my fic! (if google translated it correctly)

@Rosasaur: I can be a bit of a troll sometimes. Just a tiny bit heehee ^^ But cliffhanger no more~

@Kiss-metaemin: Thank you! Glad you like the story :D

@kpopaddicted321: Aw! Chapter 20 is my favourite chapter personally. Glad you liked it!

@K0r3aL0va: HAHAHA I love your comment. Totally made me laugh. Hope you’ll still be alive to read this chapter!

@mochiiimin: YAY! (was I too obvious? Hahaha!)

@Michiru097: Thank you for commenting! (and guessing it right haha)

@Nadou-bses: Hahaha! Happy that you’re happy! :DD

@hayano : You’re very welcome!  ^^~

@taeminissocute: Yay another one who guessed it right :) I love you for loving my story hahaha!

@donutt: That was a beautiful speech, right? HAHA well done, Jongin (Although, technically, I wrote it) HAHAHA!  

@onetruethree801: Nah don’t be sorry. I didn’t update because of that haha.. (it was because I lack the self-control and just had to share the chapter once I was done with it haha)

@makingmistapes: Yay! I hope you were right :)