It Hurts

It Hurts

 

I don't think you all are going to hate Taeyeon after this :)

You might hate someone else instead.

Taeyeon's POV

I sat on the bench, looking around. Where the hell was I? I ran, and ran, away from him. I ended up buying a plane ticket, to here. The states. They wouldn't find me here, would they?

I sighed and checked on what I have. Cellphone, the clothes I have on now, and a watch. I sighed, again, now what?

I watched the sun go down, fading away. Was today Sunday? I don't even remember. Let's see.. I ran away on Friday, I'm guessing the plane ride took one day, I slept for another... yep, it was Sunday.

Was I doing the right thing? Running away? Of course I was. I was being abused! Yes, abused. By my own 'husband'. After a few years of not giving into his 'ual' needs, he began to beat me, venting his frustration out.

For a while, I could protect myself, but he began to get more violent as time went on. I had told my dad, but he wouldn't believe me. My own father, my own blood  father, didn't believe me. He said 'Leeteuk? No, never.'

Never my . I even showed him a bruise I got on my leg. He chuckled, 'You're clumsy, Taeyeon'.

I sighed for the nth time and tapped my foot as it got darker. I suddenly gasped, where was I going to sleep? To eat? Here? In the park? On the bench?

I huffed my cheeks, well, if I'm going to live here, might as well get a job. I lifted myself off the bench and walked into several buildings, asking for applications.

It was only one building that actually gave me an application. Choi Inc. Choi Inc.. It sounds familiar.

I shrugged the feeling off and thanked the person at the counter who gave me a pen and the application on a clipboard. Quickly, I filled the paper with the correct informations, but I didn't know what to put for my address. I hestitated, before I put my fathers house on the line.

I passed the paper back and bowed politely before leaving the building. I bit my lip and looked around the dark street. I probably shouldn't have left, huh?

----------

I woke up when a little girl ran up to the bench I was currently laying on. She looked at me with wide eyes. I sat up and looked down at her, "Hello." I greeted gently.

She smiled, "Were you sleeping?" she asked innocently, sticking a thumb into .

She looked about 3 years old. I looked around for her parents before I nodded, "Yes, I was, where are your parents?"

The little girl shrugged, "Don't know."

I widened my eyes, "You don't know?"

She nodded cutely, "Why?"

I held her hand and stood up from the bench, "Let's go find them."

She smiled up at me and wrapped her small hands in mine, "Okay!"

"Tara! Tara!"

(A/N Yes, how original of me, I used my own name. Don't judge.)

'Tara' and I turned our heads to the sound of the voice, seeing a man and women run up to us. "Oh! Hi Mommy and Daddy!" Tara waved with her free hand, still holding onto my hand.
 
"We told you not to wander off." her father said in a deep tone, frowning.
 
Tara hid behind my body, "Sorry, daddy."

I stood there awkwardly, still holding onto Tara's hand. "Tara, who's this?" her mom asked, eyeing me.
 
"This is my unnie I found sleeping on a bench." Tara told truthfully.
 
I mentally facepalmed myself. Her mom's eyes widened, "On a bench?"
 
I grinned sheepishly, "Uh.. yea.."
 
"Where's your home?" she asked.
 
I shrugged and gestured my hand behind me, "Somewhere over there."
 
Her mom raised an eyebrow. "A few thousand miles away." I finished, making both parents widened their eyes.
 
"Omo! So, you don't have a home?"
 
I shrugged again, "I applied for a job"
 
"Why don't you contact your family?" the dad spoke.
 
Tara got out from her hiding space behind me and looked up at me curiously. I scratched the back of my neck, "I rather not."
 
"Come on, Tara, we need to get to your school." her dad said after a moment of silence.
 
"What about unnie?" Tara asked, looking up at me cutely.
 
I smiled and shook my head, "You need to go to school, I'll just go find a job."
 
Tara frowned, "Can I play with you after school?"
 
I glanced at her parents, who smiled and nodded. I smiled down at Tara and patted her head, "Sure, meet me here after your school ends."
 
Tara smiled and went over to her father and held his hand before waving. I waved back and watched the family disappear. After they left, I sighed. I checked my phone and saw 10 missed calls from my dad. I shook my head before opening a text message I got.
 
'Choi Inc requests you come in at 10 AM on May 7'
 
I looked at the time on my phone, 8 AM. Two hours to kill. I might as well freshen up. I walked into a local cafe and entered the bathroom, locking the door.

Looking in the mirrored, I was surprised I didn't look nearly as bad as I thought I would. Sure, my hair was slightly untidy, but that was pretty much it. Fixing my hair and rinsing my mouth with water, I left the bathroom.
 
8:30
 
Well, by the time I get to the building it'll be 9, then I would need to find the interview room. My stomach suddenly growled. I groaned, I don't have any money with me.
 
I bit my lip, what do I do?
 
"Free samples!" I heard a call.
 
I turned my head immediately, ah-ha! I walked over and grabbed a sample of the donut and ate it quickly. It wasn't much, but it's good enough.
 
I began to walk to Choi Inc, seeing the morning rush of the town as people drove to their work destinations. I checked the time, 9. Huh, so by the time I get there it'll be around 10. Good enough.
 
I recieved another text.
 
"You'll be meeting with Choi Siwon in Room 137. Show this message to the attendant at the front desk, she will bring you."