It Hurts

It Hurts

Last update for today! I'll have one up early tommorow!

Taeyeon's POV

Tiffany, my dad, and I sat at the kitchen table, eating breakfast together. My dad cleared his throat.

"So, Taeyeon, about your wed---"

I coughed loudly, making him stop midsentence. Since my father sat beside me, he patted my back, "You alright?"

I continued to cough for an abnormally long amount of time. I was doing this on purpose, to make him forget about the certain event coming up. Tiffany eyed me in worry, then she began to rub my back.

This time, I coughed for real at her sudden contact with me. Eventually, I calmed down. The two people sitting beside me looked at me with surprised faces.

I raised an eyebrow, "What? I can't cough?"

They didn't respond, I cleared my throat, "So, dad, what were you saying?"

Please forget, please forget, please forget....

He scratched his head, "I forgot, mostly because of your coughing fit."

I pretended to act guilty. In the inside, I was mentally celebrating.

He almost mentioned my wedding infront of TIffany.

------------------

Flashback

Before visiting Tiffany's hospital room, I ran to my mothers, which was located across the hospital. Finally, I arrived breathlessly. I opened the door and saw the doctors surrounding my mother. I ran over quickly, "Mom!"

The doctors and nurses dispersed, leaving a space for me to stand beside my mother, who looked weak and pale. I held her hand. She smiled a weary smile to me, the corner of her eyes turning to wrinkles.

"Ah, Taeyeon-ah." she said in a hoarse voice before coughing.

I let the tears flow watching my mother in pain, knowing I couldn't do anything about it.

"Mom." I cried.

The doctors and nurses left the room, closing the door tightly, leaving me alone with my mother.

"Taeyeon, you know I love you very much, right?"

I nodded, tears still flowing. The door burst open and in came my father who ran to the other side of my mom, grabbing her other hand. "Honey." he called, tears forming.

She smiled at us, even in pain, she smiles warmly to us, the two people who are most important in her life.

"I love you both, very much."

I smiled shakily, as did my dad.

"But, I don't think I have much longer left." she finished.

I cried out, "Don't say that!"

"Taeyeon---" I cut her off.

"You have to have faith! Think positive! Right, dad!?" I asked, looking desperately at my dad for back up.

He sighed, "Taeyeon."

"No!" I yelled, knowing he was going to go against me.

My mother will live. She will. She is strong, she is a strong woman.

"Taeyeon-ah, promise me one thing.."

I held her hand tightly, "What is it, mom?" I asked, calming myself down.

"Marry happily with a man who will love you unconditionally." she asked, stopping between words to catch her breath.

I could hear the heart beating machine get quicker. I continued to cry.

"I have the perfect man for you.." she kept talking.

"Stop talking!" I yelled, scared she was going to die if she continued to talk.

"Honey.." my mom started, looking at my dad.

"Yes?"

"Let her marry.... Lee---"

The ringing of the heart beat machine filled my ears.

"Mom! MOM!" I yelled, squeezing her hand and shaking her shoulders.

"Taeyeon, Taeyeon!" My dad said, running to my side and holding me tightly, hugging me.

"Mom." I cried.

And now, I'm here. That was the day I skipped visiting Tiffany, the time when everything changed. I won't live peacefully until I know my mom is resting in peace, knowing I married the guy she wanted me to marry.

I'm so very sorry, Fany.