It Hurts

It Hurts

Tiffany's POV

Everyday, Taeyeon would visit me after school. It came to a point where I was excited to see Taeyeon. She always managed to make me happy, even if I was in pain.

Oh! Also, my pain doesn't occur very often anymore, I wonder why? Was it because Taeyeon was here? No, what does that have anything to do with my body? But, I am glad she is always around me.

She opened my door without knocking, like she always does. I rolled my eyes, "Thanks for knocking."

She smiled and jumped on my bed, laying next to me, "Sure, no problem." she replied.

I couldn't help but giggle at her dorkiness. Suddenly, she gasped. I looked at her oddly. Before I could say anything she held my hand, interlocking my fingers with hers. "Sunset." she said simply before basically dragging me to the rooftop.

We sat at our usual spot to watch the sunset. Remember when Taeyeon promised me every Sunday we will watch the sunset? Well, she kept the promise. For the past 5 Sundays we have watched the sunset together.

Sometimes we will sit in silence, other times we joked around and talked. I could tell that this time, we will sit in silence. I leaned my head on Taeyeon's shoulder. She looked down at me and I looked up at her. She smiled slightly, showing off a side dimple, making my heart beat faster than usual. Taeyeon leaned her head on mine as we watched the sun go down.

The view never ceases to amaze me. It never ceases to make me cry either. I let a tear roll down my cheek, reminising of my mother. Taeyeon looked at me, she raised her hand and wiped the small tear away. I smiled thankfully at her, and she smiled back.

My feelings were starting to change for Taeyeon. At least I think they were. But, I think Taeyeon only sees me as someone she has to take care of. A burden.

I let another tear fall as I thought, 'Was I a burden to Taeyeon? Did she only do the things she did because I am sick?'

Taeyeon frowned at me as she looked at my tears. "You've never cried THIS much at the sunset." Taeyeon said gently, wiping all my tears with her thumbs.

I nodded, "I'm thinking about something esle."

She raised an eyebrow, "Care to tell me?"

I shook my head on her shoulder, "Maybe later."

She wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me closer to her, "Alright, you have to tell me later. I don't like seeing you cry."

My heart fluttered as she said those words. These are the things that make me fall deeper for Taeyeon. I nodded once again in response before wrapping my arm around her shoulders.

After it turned dark, the sun had lowered, Taeyeon held my hand and helped me up from the floor, "Let's go back before my dad catches us."

I nodded slightly as she lead me back to the hospital bedroom. Doctor Kwon was casually sitting on the couch in the corner, "Ah, there you girls are."

"You knew we were gone?" Taeyeon asked.

I flicked her forehead. She pouted and I laughed.

Doctor Kwon cleared his throat, "Yes, it's become a schedule for me. You guys always seem to leave at the same time on Sundays."

Taeyeon shrugged, "Sure." I laid on the hospital bed and Taeyeon laid beside me.

Doctor Kwon rolled his eyes, "Alright, anyways, Tiffany, feeling any pain?"

I shook my head, "Nope." I stated proudly.

Doctor Kwon raised his eyebrows, "Really?"

I nodded, "Really."

He smiled, "It always seems like whenever Taeyeon is here, you never feel any pains."

Taeyeon smiled widely as my cheeks warmed up. Taeyeon hugged my waist, "Yea! I'm her painkiller."

I rolled my eyes, but wrapped my arm around her shoulders. Doctor Kwon chuckled, "You sure are. Taeyeon, remember you have school tommorow."

Taeyeon pouted. On Fridays and Saturdays Taeyeon would usually sleep over with me at the hospital. I have no idea why she would do that, because she has a perfectly fine bedroom at home, but it's not like I'm complaining.

I giggled and poked Taeyeon's cheek, "Have fun at your basketball game." I said.

She pouted even more, "The other players are too tall.."

I smiled, "No, you're just too short."

"Yah!" she yelled as she poked my ribcage. I jumped from her random poke, slightly ticklish. She grinned, "You're ticklish?"

I raised an eyebrow, "Mayb---"

I was cut off when Taeyeon began to randomly tickle my sides, I began to laugh uncontrollably. I felt pain in my stomach. But not the bad kind of pain that my sickness gives me. The kind of pain that happens in your stomach when you laugh too much.

Since I was moving around too much, Taeyeon pinned me to the bed using one hand while the other hand tickled me senselessly.

I began to lose my breath, and Taeyeon noticed, as she stopped tickling me. I breathed hard, my chest raising up and down. My cheeks warmed up when I realized our position, Taeyeon was basically straddling me.

Taeyeon widened her eyes before getting off me. I kind of missed her warmth.

YAH! Bad Tiffany, don't think like that.

I slightly regained my breath. "Tae..... yeon..." I breathed.

She smiled, "What'd you call me?"

"Taeyeon?"

"Tae." she answered for me.

"Want me to call you Tae?" I asked.

She nodded her head cutely. "I'll call you Fany!"

Fany? Everyone always called me Tiff or Steph, but never Fany. I liked it, it was unique. 

I smiled, "Tae and Fany."

"TaeFany?" Taeyeon asked.

I scrunched my nose, "Sounds weird."

Taeyeon snapped her fingers, "TaeNy!"

"TaeNy?"

She nodded, "Tae from Taeyeon and Ny from Tiffany."

I shrugged, "I guess so."

She giggled, "We are TaeNy."

She glanced at the clock and pouted, "It's getting late, I have to leave."

I pouted as well, she giggled and squeezed my nose softly, "I'll be back after my game."

I nodded obdiently, watching her leave. I sighed as she closed the door, running my hands over my face.

Why am I feeling this way?