It Hurts

It Hurts

Tiffany's POV

I held my stomach tightly, trying to ease the pain that erupted throughout my midsection. I screamed in pain as it felt like my insides were being torn. The doctors ran in quickly, bringing the needles. Oh gosh, the needles, not the needles!

They walked closer to me, with that, THING. I see the clear liquid that was already filled in it, the three inch needle that they would stick into my arms, into my veins, spreading into my body. I began to tremble slightly. I hate it.

"No! I don't want!" I yelled as they began to wipe my arm with alcohol swabs, getting it ready for the needle.

"Tiffany. Please, this will make the pain go away." Doctor Kim, my main doctor, told me.

Tears flowed out of my face as I gripped the bed sheets, "You said that last time! It didn't work!"

Doctor Kim sighed, "Please, Tiffany, just take the needle."

I shook my head side to side vigoriously, "I don't want to!" I yelled, crossing my arms, preventing them from sticking the needle in.

"Tiffany, we are going to hold you down again if you don't cooperate." Doctor Kim said sternly.

I glared at him, "Aren't I in enough pain?" I jinxed myself. As I said that, it felt as if my stomach exploded. I screamed in agony, curling myself into a ball, clutching my stomach as I rocked my body on the hospital bed. 

Doctor Kim looked at me with sad eyes, "Tiffany. Please..."

I gritted my teeth, clutching my stomach tightly with my left arm as I held out my right arm, "Please, do it quick.." I whimpered.

Doctor Kim immediately took the chance, sticking the needle into my skin, releasing the fluids before pulling out quickly. He placed a bandaid over the hole he had made with the needle, "There, done." he smiled at me.

I tried to smiled back, but I just couldn't, not with what was happening inside my body.

Doctor Kim smiled sadly before he kissed my forehead, "Don't worry, Tiffany, we'll get you better soon."

I nodded as beads of sweat began to fall down my head, due to the pain I was enduring, trying my best not to scream. Doctor Kim had always been affectionate towards me, in a fatherly way. When my father wasn't here, he was. He had always told me that things would get better. Ever since I was 14.

But, did things get better?

No. They've gotten worse.

When I am in the hospital, he visits me. He talks to me as if I were his daughter, no matter how many times I've been rude to him because of my sickness, that manages to change my mood in a second.

Let me tell you more about my sickness.

We have no clue what it is, or what the cure is. It gives me huge headaches, making my brain feel like it is going to burst. My mood changes quickly. One second I can be happy, the other second I am totally mad. The stupid sickness gives me eruptions in my body. No, not the kind of eruptions all you erts are thinking about. It litterally makes me feel like my insides are blowing up. When my insides aren't blowing up, it feels like it is being eaten from the inside out.

The doctors have done many operations on me, trying to find out what's wrong. But they came up with nothing. What the hell was wrong with me?

I wiped the sweat off my face with my palm. I wiped my palm on the hospital bed. I heard the door knock before seeing the familiar man walk in.

"Doctor Kim." I greeted, bowing my head slightly.

See, just before this, I was angry as a motherer, now I'm being all formal. Talk about mood swings.

He smiled a warm smile before sitting on my bed side. "Feel better?" he asked, looking at me.

I nodded slightly, not trying to get a head ache from nodding to hard, "Yea.."

"See? Didn't I tell you the injection will help?" 

I frowned, "It didn't help. It never does. It just so happens that my sickness decided to stop after you injected that THING into me."

Now, he frowned. Great, just like that, I managed to turn my mood as well as HIS mood down.

"Tiffany, you can't always think that way."

"Think like what?" I snapped.

"Try to think more positive."

I scoffed, "Positive? What the hell is positive about this? Oh, maybe that for one day, for one day, I can feel normal? But then on the other days I feel like I'm dying? Is any of this positive to you?"

He frowned deeply, "Tiffany, you know I didn't mean it like that."

I didn't answer as I stared outside the window, watching the cars pass by from the third floor of the hospital. I longed to go outside. I've been stuck in this white, stupid building for 2 years of my life. What did I do during those 2 years?

Nothing. I stayed here, either agonizing in pain, or staring at the plain, white wall that was in front of me. Sure, they offered me the TV, but it's not like I want to watch TV. My father came in with magazines and books, but they bore me. Something I did do to pass my time, was writing on little sticky notes my dad brought in from his office. I would doodle, or just write random things on them, just to get my mind off my sickness, even if it were just for a little while.

Doctor Kim sighed as he checked his phone, "I have to pick my daughter up from her after school activies. Be good, okay?" he said, kissing my forehead like he had earlier.

I nodded. He had told me about his daughter. I believe her name was Kim Taeyeon. Yes, Kim Taeyeon. He told me she was about my age, a little older. I shrugged it off, I really didn't care, it's not like I'll ever meet Taeyeon..

Right?