130620 [TRANS] Taemin & Naeun talk about WGM (TODUO SPECIAL INTERVIEW)

Taemin & Naeun Couple

tumblr_mop6mle2T21sue25so3_250.png

tumblr_mop6mle2T21sue25so1_250.png

130620 [TRANS] Taemin & Naeun talk about WGM 
(TODUO SPECIAL INTERVIEW)

“They are currently the most popular fake couple and has the most number of fans in China”

“Taemin is a well-rounded idol”

Naeun “For me, when I watched wgm in the past, I thought it would be great if I could be part of it”

Taemin” In the past I thought I wouldn’t)’t have this confidence (to be part of wgm), but after having a meeting with the PDs in a conference meeting, I thought that this program will be very interesting”

Taemin “I thought that the wgm programs team will pick an actress as my the other half; I thought (that she) would be an actress or someone who is slightly older than me. I have never thought that they would pick someone among the idols.”

Taemin “(But) when I walked closer, it turns out to be Son Naeun, and I was happy. I felt that it would be interesting. The first time I saw her was from her side profile.. or back profile…”

Taemin “(contd) .. At that moment, I thought ‘Ah! Indeed it was a noona older than me.” XDD

Taemin “With her long hair, she seemed like a refined/pretty lady. She was posing in a manner the staff wanted XDD and just waited there.. but (she was) really beautiful

Taemin “As it was our first meeting, there was some awkwardness and shyness of course.. but after we had a little bit of feelings (for one another).. unknowingly, I became even more shy.. and I wasn’t as smooth at talking as compared when I first met her..”

Naeun “..hence I tried to have more conversations with oppa, so that I could be closer with oppa..”

Taemin “Eh..? ^^;;;”

Naeun “.. At least I tried hard to initiate conversations”

TRANS BY: thpapergangster 

 

tumblr_mop7qj9U0k1sue25so2_500.jpg

tumblr_mop7qj9U0k1sue25so1_500.jpg

 

Taemin x Naeun couple is the most popular among China fans.

Taemin : “I did not have the confidence and later I had a meeting with the staff and PDs. During the meeting, I felt that this variety show will be interesting. Initially I thought they will choose an actress to be my partner or a noona. I didnt expect them to pick my partner from an idol group. When i walked closer, it was then that i realised it was Son Naeun. I was happy and felt that it will be interesting. At the first meeting, I saw her side profile first. Maybe i saw her back or is it the side profile? Then I thought to myself “Indeed she is a noona”. She had long hair, like an elegant lady and was doing the pre-rehearsed pose. She just sat there and waited. But she was really beautiful. During our first meeting, we were a little shy and awkward. As feelings develop, we became more shy somehow. We didnt talk in ease like we did in the past.” 

Naeun: “So i made an effort to chat with oppa more. So that i can gradually walk into his world.. But i tried to chat with him more.”

On comments that Naeun’s performance seems too scripted, 
Naeun : “Its just..”
Taemin : “Our way of pure love. Just like Naeun mentioned , our charismatic point is our pure love. We want to show the audiences our real side. I think our feelings will develop more as it progresses.”

Credits to bling_saur for the translations!♥

 

tumblr_mop8x1JCcG1sue25so1_500.jpg

tumblr_mop8x1JCcG1sue25so3_500.png

tumblr_mop8x1JCcG1sue25so2_500.png

 

MC “Despite their focused acting, but their great acting has caused some debate/skepticism amongst fans. (Video shows a list of comments made by Chinese community) For example, (some comments were that) Son Naeun’s acting was too fake.. It’s understandable that she does not know how to cook, but how could she think of frying banana skin.. her marinated udon shocked audience even more. When she was peeling fruits, she did not even know how to hold the knife properly. Son Naeun’s acting not only caused Chinese fans, but also Korean fans, to feel uncomfortable / irks them.”

MC “Despite many different opinions, Taemin and Naeun couple’s popularity has been soaring”

Taemin “(We/I) Wanted to show the audience a true side of (us/me).. Also, this may somewhat be my little hopes but I think our feelings for one another might become stronger and stronger.”

TRANS BY: thpapergangster

On comments that Naeun’s performance seems too scripted , 
Naeun : Its just .. Taemin : our way of pure love.
Taemin : Just like Naeun mentioned . our charismatic point is our pure love.
Taemin : We want to show the audiences our real side. I think our feelings will develop more as it progresses.

TRANS BY: bling_saur