No Ordinary Love

No Ordinary Love

 

 

Chapter 9

 

Donghae raised his head up as he was about to call for the approaching taxi, but he was shocked to see the guy standing at his right side. It was obvious that Eunhyuk was also shock to see that it was Donghae who was standing right next to him because he flinched a little, stepping a foot back with wide eyes. Both of them staring at each other with obvious shock on their faces.

 

“You again?” Eunhyuk said louder than necessary, his single lidded eyes were still round in surprise.

 

Donghae gulped, it was like a huge lump was stuck in his throat, “Hi?” he greeted almost inaudible.

 

Eunhyuk shook his head and didn’t replied back as he turned his head to look at the stop light, waiting for it to beat red.

 

“You seemed to be alone, where are your friends?” Donghae asked trying to start a conversation between the two of them.

 

“You? Why are you alone?” Eunhyuk asked back instead of answering the latter’s question, though his eyes were still glued at the stop light.

 

“The others went at the night market, I can’t go with them because I promised my best friend that I’ll be spending the day with him.”

 

Eunhyuk grunted, “So where the heck is he now?”

 

“He rode a cab a while ago, and I’m about to do so but then I saw you coming out of the--”

 

Donghae cut his sentence off even though he wasn’t yet done explaining. The stop light beats red and Eunhyuk started crossing the pedestrian lane, not letting Donghae finish his sentence.

 

Donghae’s eyes widened in irritation, “that disrespectful man…” he mumbled to himself. He took a deep breath and he too started crossing the road catching up with Eunhyuk.

 

“Wait!” Donghae shouted as he half ran towards the walking figure.

 

“What?” Eunhyuk hissed as he halted into a stop to face him.

 

Donghae flinched a little, “Are you heading back to the dorm?” he asked,

 

“So?”

 

“Then I’ll just go with you,” Donghae replied trying to force a smile though he was feeling all nervous.

 

Eunhyuk didn’t say anything and just started walking again with Donghae trailing behind.

 

“Are we just going to walk?” Donghae asked when he realized that Eunhyuk doesn’t have any plan of calling for a taxi.

 

“You’re always free to go on your own way,” Eunhyuk replied back.

 

Donghae shook his head though Eunhyuk wasn’t  able to see that because his back was facing him. “No, I was just asking, honestly I don’t mind walking.” Donghae scratched the back of his head as he looked down at the heavy grocery bag and a couple of paper bags he was carrying.

.

.

 “It’s nice to see that you’ll be going home early tonight,” Donghae started talking agin,

 

“What do you mean by that?”

 

“Well, you really made us all worried after you went home late and drunk last time.” Donghae saw Eunhyuk sighed heavily by bringing up that topic.

 

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to bring that up.” Donghae apologized, “But can I say one more thing, though?” He waited but Eunhyuk didn’t respond so he takes it as a yes.

 

“Don’t make it a habit. Drink moderately isn’t a good advice at all so I won’t say it.” Donghae told him.

 

“I don’t think I’ll be doing that again, so there’s no point in giving me that advice.” Eunhyuk replied after a minute of thinking what to say.

 

“Why did you do that then? Did they force you to drink?” Donghae got more concerned.

 

“They weren’t there so don’t blame them, I’m the one who forced myself to drink.”

 

“So you drink all by yourself? You let yourself get all drunk even if you know you don’t drink at all, why? Why did you do that then?” it took all his effort to speak as gentle as possible.

 

A minute had passed and Donghae thought that Eunhyuk isn't going to answer his question, until the older male heaved a sigh and fially spoke up, “I’m getting weak, so I decided to punish myself,” he replied louder than was need.

 

“How can you say that you’re weak, did they told you that?”

 

Eunhyuk stopped and spun himself around to face Donghae, “Stop blaming them! It’s not their fault why I feel like being all weak” Eunhyuk said raising his voice.

 

“Please don’t get mad, I just want to understand.” Donghae replied, stepping a foot back when he saw Eunhyuk made two steps closer to him.

 

“You really want to understand? Fine then, I got drunk so I can forget my freaking problem, so that I can stop thinking of that disgusting feeling that makes me hate myself for just one ing night! But after that, it made me realize that there’s no way I can run away from that, because the main reason why I’m being like this won’t let me be.” Eunhyuk exclaimed, looking at Donghae’s eyes intently.

 

Donghae nodded gently not tearing his gaze from him, “I understand,”

 

Eunhyuk grunted loudly, “I really hate you, seriously,” he said throught grittted teeth as he turned his body around and started walking again.

.

,

Fifteen minutes had passed and their walk had been very quiet, Donghae no longer tried talking to him since he doesn’t want Eunhyuk to send him off, he was just walking silently behind him. It was getting late and only few people can be spotted walking along the street lit with street lights which were meters away from one another.

 

“How long? How long will you be staying at the school?” it was Eunhyuk who broke the silence surrounding them.

 

Donghae’s lips curved into a huge smile as he heard Eunhyuk talking to him. “As far as I know we will be staying for five months, but it may still change, our stay can be lessened to three months.” He replied.

 

“I hope the school will send you back immediately,” Eunhyuk said which made Donghae frown,

 

“And why would you wish for that to happen?”

 

“Can’t you see? I don’t like you,” he said it freely,

 

“Why? Have i done something wrong,”

 

“I don’t know, I just feel that I don’t like you”

 

“That’s weird… maybe… if you’ll only give yourself a chance to get to know me, you’ll probably change your mind about disliking me.”

 

Eunhyuk stopped from his track but didn’t care to turn around to face the guy behind him as he spoke, “I don’t want to.”

 

Donghae nodded slightly, “I see, too bad… I really want to make friends with you”

 

“You want to make friends with me huh…” Eunhyuk said in a low voice. “Why? Have i done something nice?”

 

Donghae shrugged his shoulders, “I don’t know, I just feel like befriending you”

 

Eunhyuk took a deep breath before turning his body around to face the other. “And I always thought you were smart” Eunhyuk spoke,

 

“I am, that’s why I want to be friends with you” the blonde replied.

 

“Right, make friends with people pulling pranks on you” Eunhyuk said sarcastically.

 

“If you’ll only let me, I’ll make you realize that you’re hanging out with the wrong persons.”

 

“You know what I was thinking?” Eunhyuk asked firmly. Donghae slightly shook his head, “I was thinking of the bulls that might happen if ever I’ll let you hang around with me, I don’t want to make a wrong move that will make me regret it for the rest of my life.”

 

“I don’t understand, why would it be wrong?” Donghae asked, tilting his head to the side.

 

“Stop. I don’t want to talk about this anymore, this conversation ends here. Don’t bring it up again.” Eunhyuk ended their conversation as he wheeled around to continue his walk, but Donghae knew better, he knows that it wasn’t over. It was just starting.

.

.

Donghae was staring on the ground, kicking the stones scattered along the way while walking, letting Eunhyuk lead the way when Donghae suddenly bumped against the latter’s back, Eunhyuk halted into a stop.

 

“Sorry,” he mumbled as he walked beside Eunhyuk looking for the reason that made the guy stop walking. “Why? What’s wrong?” Donghae asked, but Eunhyuk didn’t respond. Donghae’s eyes shifted from Eunhyuk’s face towards the direction he was looking at, and Donghae saw what made him stop, though he wondered why.

 

As Donghae looked ahead of them he saw four men who were seemed to be with the same age as them; walking towards him and Eunhyuk’s direction. Donghae saw Eunhyuk’s jaw clenched by the sight of them.

 

“Why? Do you know them?” Donghae asked in a low voice,

 

“Sshh… just, stay back,” Eunhyuk told him as he shoved Donghae with his arm back behind him. Donghae was oblivious of what was happening, but he can feel that it’s coming bad.

 

The four approaching guy stopped several feet away from the two, smiling and laughing menacingly.

“We didn’t expect that we’ll be seeing you tonight, I should say that luck was on our side today. Though I’m a bit disappointed Heechul is not with you.” the guy who was standing in the middle and who looks like their leader spoke.

 

“Honestly Kangin, you don’t have any idea how hyung was terribly missing you,” Eunhyuk talked back sarcastically, which made the four of them glare at him.

 

“Still acting brave though you seemed to be all by yourself tonight, but since you’re here maybe we can play with you first, your friends can have their turn some other time.” The tallest of them said.

 

“Taec, dude, he’s not alone,” the short blonde told him as he pointed at Donghae who was standing behind Eunhyuk, “I guess you’re gang was up for a recruit huh, don’t tell us you’ll be adding that whimp-looking blonde in your group,” he chuckled as his other friends laughed along with him.

 

“I’m sorry to disappoint you Hongki but our group doesn’t need for any recruitment, maybe it’s your little gang that needs to recruit.” Eunhyuk ended his sentence with a smirk, and obviously irritated them.

 

“ you, don’t expect that we’ll go easy on you including that blonde hiding behind you.” Hongki replied back, and the fourth guy standing beside him smirked.

 

“Leave him alone! He’s not part of this fight.”  Eunhyuk raised his voice,

 

“What do you want us do, let him go? Hell no,” Kangin replied, and there's a hint of danger in his tone.

 

“Let him leave and I swear I won’t fight back, you can do whatever you want to do with me.” Eunhyuk tried to convinced them,

 

Donghae’s eyes widened, “No way, I won’t leave you here alone.” he whispered at him as he clutched at Eunhyuk’s shirt with his free hand.

 

“I don’t need you here, you won’t be much of help I’m telling you.” Eunhyuk replied back almost inaudible but enough for Donghae to hear.

 

“I think I know a bit about fighting, come what may but I won’t leave you.” Donghae said.

 

“Shut up. I don’t care if you know how to fight or not. I won’t let you get yourself involved with this, so leave when they decided to let you off the hook.” Eunhyuk said over gritted teeth. But Donghae shook his head furiously in reply.

 

“Eunhyuk!” Taecyeon called him, “We can’t do what you’re asking, it wouldn’t be fun if you won’t fight back, and maybe your friend can stay so we can use him for warm up before starting with you.”  he said with a menacing smile on his face.

 

“This isn’t good,” Eunhyuk mumbled solely to himself. He can feel Donghae’s trembling hand that was still clutching the back of his shirt.

 

Eunhyuk moved his right hand behind him; reaching Donghae’s hand which was holding his shirt.

 

“When I say run, run.” He said as he pried Donghae’s hand from his shirt only to take a tight grip on the latter’s hand.

 

Donghae blushed with the sudden contact of their hands, “Got it,” he whispered back,

 

“Run. As fast as you can. And, don’t let go of my hand. Understand?” Eunhyuk said over gritted teeth.

 

“Got it,” Donghae repeated as he gripped Eunhyuk’s hand tighter.

 

“So, let’s start shall we?” Kangin spoke as the four of them started walking closer.

 

“I think we should start with the blonde be--”

 

RUN!” Eunhyuk shouted as he spun himself around, dragging Donghae away with him. Both of them sprinted into a run.

 

“! After them!” he heard Kangin shouted.

 

Donghae run as fast as he could, he was amazed at how fast Eunhyuk can run.  Donghae was able to keep up with Eunhyuk because he was dragging him along and he was thankful Eunhyuk’s a fast runner. Donghae peeked over his shoulder and saw that the four of them were still running after them. He tried to scan around the street but it’s already late that night and there’s not even a single person whom they can ask for help. He focused on where Eunhyuk was planning to go and he noticed that they were heading back at the mall. Donghae smiled, smart kid, he thought.  Of course there were still people at the mall.

 

Eunhyuk looked over his shoulders and saw that they were at least meters away from the group, as they took a turn at the next street he then dragged Donghae towards a narrow alley.

They stopped running and they were both panting hard, “Take this route,  just go straight and it will lead you at the back of the mall,” Eunhyuk instructed him as he let go of Donghae’s hand,

 

“How about you? Where are you going?” Donghae’s forehead creased.

 

“I’ll take the route we took earlier, you take the short cut,” Eunhyuk replied.

 

“Just come with me!” Donghae shouted his voice was trembling, why? Was it because of fear?

 

“We need to split up! They’ll catch us if we won’t!” Eunhyuk shouted back. “Go! Run! I’ll meet you at the mall,” Eunhyuk urged him,

 

Donghae can feel his whole body trembling, “I’ll wait for you, be careful!” Donghae’s voice was still trembling, he didn’t mean to raise his voice but he have to.

 

Eunhyuk nodded in reply as he spun himself around and started running at the opposite direction.

 

Donghae did the same and started running as fast as he can. He was still trembling and he can feel his sweat running down his face. He used his free hand to wipe the sweat on his forehead but when he felt nothing but his dry skin he halted to a stop, that’s when he realized that it wasn’t sweat. He was crying, and that’s the reason why he was trembling. He wiped his eyes with the back of his hand but what’s the use if new batches of tears will fall after wiping them dry? So instead, he took a deep breath and started running again.

 

He sighed in relief as he saw a light coming out at the end of the narrow alley. He made it, he was now standing several feet from the mall. He crouched down, panting, placing both of his hand on his knees as he took seconds to breathe some air. He decided to ask some help from the cops if ever Eunhyuk was still not there after ten minutes, he made another run towards the front of the mall to wait for him.

-----

 

Donghae sat on the cold ground as he curled himself up into a ball, wrapping his hands around his knees. His head kept on looking from left to right scanning around for any sign of Eunhyuk. Ten minutes had passed but still no sign of him.

 

“Donghae!” He heard his name being called, Donghae’s eyes began to water again, tears started flowing down his cheeks.

 

“Donghae!” He heard his voice again, calling his name and it made him burst into tears more.

 

Donghae raised his head up and searched where the voice was coming from. And out of the crowd of people crossing the pedestrian lane Eunhyuk came into view raising his hand up to  mid air for Donghae to see him.

 

Yes, Eunhyuk made it and he was safe, but it wasn’t the only reason why Dongahe ended up crying. For the very first time he heard Eunhyuk calling him with his real name, not ‘blonde’ not ‘you’ nor ‘goldfish’. It may look shallow, but it means a lot to Donghae, to hear him calling his name.

 

Eunhyuk crouched down at Donghae as soon as he reached him, “Why? Did you got hurt?” he asked in the middle of his panting.

 

Donghae shook his head, “I was just damned worried, I thought something bad had happened to you”

 

Eunhyuk laughed weakly, “I didn’t know that you’re a crybaby” he chuckled.

 

“At least now you know,” Donghae replied back as he wiped his face with the back of his hand.

 

“Get up, it’s getting late.” Eunhyuk told him as he straightened himself up.

 

Donghae raised himself up from the ground with his grocery bag and few paper bags which were all crumpled up. “Please, let’s ride a cab this time, my whole body is numbing in exhaustion.” He complained.

 

“Fine, but you’ll pay” Eunhyuk said.

 

“Fine,” Donghae replied smiling weakly at him.

 

They did rode a cab back to their dorm, but in the middle of the ride exhaustion knocked Donghae off to sleep. Eunhyuk tried to wake him up as they reached the dorm but the latter had fallen deep into sleep, Eunhyuk tried shaking his shoulders with much force than necessary and even tapping his cheeks but it didn’t work. In the end Eunhyuk ended up paying for the cab and carrying Donghae on his back towards the gate and inside their dorm.

 

Upon getting inside Eunhyuk let Donghae fall from his back on the sofa which made the latter hit his head against the arm of the sofa. Donghae winced in pain, he opened his eyes a little but had closed them as he drifted back to sleep. Eunhyuk smirked as he shook his head in disbelief.

 

Eunhyuk then felt his whole body getting all numb as well, he can feel exhaustion conquering his body. He didn’t dare to go up his room he doubted that he can still climb up the stairs. He kicked his shoes off his feet as he laid himself flat on the floor, he lazily grabbed a pillow from the sofa and placed it under his head. And in no time he too was snoring into  sleep.

----

 

The next day Yesung was surprised to see the same scene he’d seen that Friday morning. The only difference was Donghae was the one sleeping on the sofa.

 

“Don’t tell me it was Donghae who was drunk this time,” Yesung said as Kyuhyun went down the stairs.

 

Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulders in response, as he stared at the two tired looking figures sleeping in the living room.

 

----------

 

As promised, here it is! Chapter 9! XD

 

                                             [Thank's for all of your beautiful comments for the past chapters... love you all! =))))  ]