No Ordinary Love

No Ordinary Love

 

Chapter6

 

Upon getting downstairs the next morning the scene that welcomed Donghae made him wonders if he had woken up late again, he glanced at the wall clock and saw that it was just five forty-five A.M. Kyuhyun and Yesung were both having their breakfast at the living room, they were sitting on the sofa and there were exactly 2 empty bowls, a plate with bacons and hotdogs, a basket of bread, and 2 cups of coffee on the long rectangular table. There were another 2 empty used plates and paper wrappers scattered around the table. It made Donghae’s eyebrows furrowed and left his mouth hanging open.

 

“You’re late,” Kyuhyun said when he noticed that Donghae was done with eyeing around the table.

 

Dongahe then gave Kyuhyun a questioning look. “For what?”.

 

“Today is Wednesday” Kyuhyun responded. But Donghae was seemed to be still half a sleep for the idea didn’t sank into him, he unconsciously raised an eyebrow.

 

Noticing that Donghae didn’t get it, Kyuhyun then mouthed, ‘revenge… remember?’. And Donghae who obviously remembered mouthed an ‘O’.

 

“Get yourself a plate and start eating with us,” Yesung invited him, and Donghae did what he was told.

----

 

“Woah… Donghae I didn’t know that you are that flexible.” Jessica complemented her friend.

 

“I’ve been dancing since I was ten, years of practice made me this flexible” Donghae said as he stood up after finishing the sit and reach exercise. He kept on glancing towards Eunhyuk who was busy warming up with Changmin. From the way he stretches his arms it looks like he was bored as hell.

 

They were doing some stretching for their scheduled activity that morning. Everyone was busy warming up inside the school’s gymnasium.

 

“I’m no good in dancing but my singing capability is great,” Jessica bragged, placing a hand against her chest; the way people who were proud and confident of themselves do. Then her hand flew next on Kyuhyun’s shoulder, “But I must say that Kyuhyun’s singing was above excellence. We’ve been in the singing club just last year and we outranked them all.”

 

“Really, so you guys can sing? I want to hear you guys sing.” Donghae said.

 

“We don’t sing for free,” Kyuhyun stuck his tongue out, “But if you want you can drop by at our club on Friday,” Kyuhyun suggested.

 

Donghae frowned, “I’m your friend you guys should at least let me hear you sing for free,” he then pouted, “wait till I get myself into that singing club I’ll outrank you two” Donghae said smugly.

 

“So you also know how to sing?” Jessica asked with wide eyes.

 

Donghae proudly nodded his head, “When I was little my Mom enrolled me in various kinds of classes, she enrolled me in swimming class lessons, a singing class, ballet and dancing class, piano class lessons. Seriously it’s very tiring. After a class has finally ended, she’ll quickly enroll me into another one.”

 

Both Kyuhyun and Jessica stared at him in bewilderment.

 

“You guys, don’t stare at me like that! I didn’t excel in everything you know. I failed my swimming lessons, though I know how to swim, I only know the basics.” Donghae explained.

 

“Then, have you decided which club to take?” Kyuhyun asked as both he and Jessica stood up from the floor mat.

 

Donghae shook his head in reply. “I was planning to join the dancing club, or maybe I should join you guys in singing club?”

 

 “Sometimes you should be joining a club that will enhance your skill in a certain field, rather than improving what you are already good at.” Jessica replied,

 

“Then why didn’t you take the dancing club instead?” Donghae playfully retorted.

 

Jessica puffed her cheeks, she walked towards the nearest bench in the area with Kyuhyun and Donghae trailing along, “Because my sister was already there, I don’t want to be in the same club with her” she answered as she sat down the bench.

 

“Is Krystal a good dancer then?” Donghae asked, as he sat down right next to Jessica while Kyuhyun sat on the other side.

 

“Definitely great,” Kyuhyun was the one who answered which made Jessica elbowed his ribs lightly.

 

“Of course she was just showing off, why wouldn’t she, her boyfriend was the club’s leader.” Jessica said.

 

Donghae gulped after hearing that, he thought that joining the dancing club isn’t a great idea. “Then I’ll probably just join the singing club”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled, “Heechul and some of his supporters were there, including that Changmin”

 

Donghae sigh heavily, “Isn’t there a club where I can join without being harassed.” He mumbled to himself.

 

“The swimming club, since you said that you failed your swimming lessons why don’t you give it another try? Besides you said you already know the basics, it would be easier for you then,” Jessica said.

 

Donghae smiled at his friends, maybe swimming club isn’t that bad after all, besides he missed swimming. “Alright then, I’ll join the swimming club.” He said.

 

Their P.E. teacher finally arrived and they started on their activity. It went smoothly and they were able to finish the class earlier than expected. The three of them were about to leave the gym when a girl with a doll-like-face and long black hair, approached them. She was as white as snow, her eyes were round, her cheekbones made her face look cute. Donghae knew her for she was with the same section with them. She was the shy looking girl sitting in between Eunhyuk and Changmin.

 

Jessica was the first one to greet her, “Hey, Sohee what’s up?”

 

Sohee bowed a little, her bangs were hiding her eyes, but it seemed like she was doing it on purpose. It looks like she was indeed shy.

 

“What is that you got there?” Kyuhyun asked, noticing the small box Sohee has on her hands.

 

 To both Kyuhyun and Jessica’s surprise Sohee began walking closer to Donghae. She took a deep breath and it was obvious that she’s feeling nervous.

 

“Hi,” she managed to say she was looking at the ground,

 

“Well, Hi. So, you’re name is Sohee? I’m Donghae it’s nice to know you.” Donghae was about to offer his hand for a handshake when Sohee suddenly lifted the box she was holding in front of him.

 

It shocked him, “F-for me?” Donghae asked, Sohee shyly nodded in reply.

 

Donghae took the box, “Thanks,” he inspected it and found out that it was a box of chocolate. “I love chocolates, thank you. If I’ll have my free time I’ll go buy one for you too.” Donghae said.

 

His words made Sohee smile, “I-I’ll go now, bye.” As soon as she said that very last word she quickly spun herself around and run towards her waiting friends who were seemed to be so happy and proud of their friend. But another thing that caught Donghae’s attention was Eunhyuk, he was standing at the doorway with some of his friends, and he was glaring at him. Donghae had to swallow hard by that.

 

It made Donghae flinched when he heard Jessica laughing behind him, “Our Donghae really is a girl magnet” she said playfully.

 

Donghae frowned, “You know I'm not interested with girls,” he said too low but enough for Jessica and Kyuhyun to hear.

 

“Maybe you should try changing preference even just for now,” Kyuhyun teased,

 

Donghae rolled his eyes, “I can’t, and I won’t” he said.

 

“You said that like you’ve been deeply in love with a guy before,” Jessica gasped, “Wait, have you ever been in love with a guy before or have a relationship with someone before?” she asked

 

Donghae stuck his tongue out at her and started walking outside the gym, Jessica followed him with Kyuhyun who was busy with his game trailed behind them. “Hey! I’m asking you a question,” Jessica said while trying his best to keep up with Donghae’s pace.

 

“I already said in front of the class that I’ve never been into a relationship before,” he finally said.

 

“What about my other question? Have you been in love with a guy?” She asked again,

 

“Yes, but that happened only once. He already has a girlfriend so I never minded telling him anyway, and the fact that I’ll only scare him if I tell him, we’re friends and I’m fine with that. There, I answered your question, happy now?”

 

Jessica frowned, “The next time you’ll fall inlove you should find the strength to tell him, how can you be happy if you’re scared to let him know. You’re also a person and regardless of who you are you still have the right to love and be loved.” she told her friend in a tone like she was some kind of a cheerleader.

 

“You said it like it’s that easy, it’ hard you know.” Donghae chuckled.

 

“Maybe, one of the hardest things in life is when you know deep inside your heart that you love the person but you run out of reasons to fight for what you feel. But the next time you fall for someone again you should conquer your fear.” Jessica smiled at him.

 

Donghae smiled back, “My first love, he’s a very good guy. He’s kind and very down to Earth. Maybe that’s why I fell for him. Now that I’m staying here I think I can finally get over him, and after that I don’t think I’ll  fall for someone better than him. He’s the best guy for me.” Donghae said.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes, “You can never find someone better when you put in mind that you already let go of the best.”

 

“How? Somehow I feel that I’m still missing him, though.” Donghae said,

 

“Donghae you’ll only fall out of love if you will let yourself fall for someone else,” Jessica replied.

 

And right that very moment someone passed by beside Donghae; their shoulders bumped hard against each other, it hurts Donghae but that person seemed to be not hurting for he just continued walking like nothing happened. Donghae gave the guy another look and realized that it was Eunhyuk.

 

“Are you okay?” Jessica asked, caressing Donghaes shoulder.

 

“Not really… it seems like I bumped into a rock, though.” Donghae said.

 

Then a realization hit him again, He was still looking at the retreating guy, “Jessica, what if I fell for someone who is ‘again’ committed to someone?” he asked while his eyes were fixed at the guy who had bumped into him obviously, intentionally.

 

“Kill the girlfriend, then,” it was Kyuhyun who spoke.

 

Dongahe’s chin dropped, “You’re playing too much video games. It’s corrupting your brain.” Donghae rolled his eyes.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled, “I’m just kidding, it’s in you if you want to take my advice.” He chuckled again, “Well, if marriage can be annulled what more a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship?”

 

“You’re evil, don’t teach Donghae of things like that.” Jessica told Kyuhyun as she grabbed Donghaes arms away from the guy.

-----

 

After their class, Kyuhyun and Donghae went straight right to their dorm. It was still as messy as it was when they left in the morning. Donghae somehow felt guilty but of course Eunhyuk needs to have a taste of his own medicine. After changing from his uniform, Donghae went inside Kyuhyun’s room. Both of them together with Yesung waited until Eunhyuk comes back home. It was nearly 5pm when they heard him arrived, how did they know? the cursing and the noises that filled the dorm tells it all. They stayed inside Kyuhyun’s room, all three of them were trying their best to suppress their laughter. It was obvious that they angered him a lot based on the loud curses Eunhyuk kept on repeating, and the loud banging of furniture against each other as he throws his tantrums around.

----

 

The following day, Donghae heard Eunhyuk says ‘you’re going pay for what you did’ before the angry looking guy left the dorm. He got scared but as long as he'll stay away from Eunhyuk's group, he's safe, or they'll be safe, rather.

----

 

The rest of his friends had to go home early for they were given some assignments in their respective clubs, It  lead Donghae wandering around the campus alone. He realized that he must memorize the whole campus so he won’t get lost, he’s been there for almost four days but he was still not aware of the place. He’s been at the Gym, the ballet studio, the clinic, and there’s one place he wanted to see, the swimming pool.

 

He had decided that he’ll be joining the swimming club, so he had readied ship form last night. All he needs to do is to submit it to the club’s president so he can finally start attending the club’s activities.

 

After going in several circles Donghae found the swimming pool area at last. It looks empty and it made him wonders why. He entered the area and saw the massive pool.

 

“ Wow. .” He said in a low voice. No one was inside the area so he decided to put his bag on the nearest table to wait for someone to arrive. He took out the membership form from his bag and started checking if he had answered the form correctly.

 

He glanced at the pool and it looked so inviting, he looked around to check if there’s someone around, and obviously there isn’t anyone there. He quickly takes off his shoes and socks and then walked towards the pool with ship form still on his hands. He slowly dipped his left foot into the water, it feels nice, he thought.

 

Then all of a sudden someone grabbed his ankle from the pool and pulled him into the water. Donghae fell to the pool which made him all wet. The moment Donghae reached the surface of the water he began screaming because he obviously doesn’t have any idea what pulled him into the pool.

 

Right at that moment he heard a thunderous laugh behind him, Donghae turned to see who it was, His eyes widened in shock and in anger, ! Why is he everywhere?!  He thought.

 

“Lee Hyukjae!! You devil!” Donghae yelled at him.

 

“I know! did I scare the hell out of you!?!” Eunhyuk continues on laughing.

 

He began searching for ship form and he feels like he’s about to explode when he saw ship form floating on the swimming pool. “You stupid bastard! I’ve spent the entire night filling up this form. It took a lot of effort to answer everything on this ing membership form and you destroyed it!”

 

“Does it look like I care?” Eunhyuk smirked, somehow Donghae thinks that he got that habit from Heechul.

 

“How can I go home like this? I’m all wet!!” He felt like he wanted to cry but he fought it.

 

“Locker?! Duh…” Eunhyuk replied as if saying ‘where’s your common sense?’.

 

Donghae swam towards the side of the pool completely ignoring Eunhyuk, he tried to manage to get out of the water by pulling himself up because the pool has no freaking stairs.

 

 “Where are you going?!” Eunhyuk yelled, but got no response. He watched as Donghae tried hard to get out of the pool. “Hey! Goldfish! Just have a little swim with me here! Besides you’re already wet” Eunhyuk yelled and was still laughing. Donghae turned his back a little to give him a death glare.

 

“Come on! Let me see how a human goldfish swim!” Eunhyuk teased some more as he swam towards Donghae’s direction.

 

Donghae turned his body around “I don’t have any locker!! This means I don’t have any clothes to get changed! Are you happy now?! Don’t you dare go near me!” he yelled back at him.

 

Donghae thought that Eunhyuk will leave him after that but he was shocked when Eunhyuk grabbed his waist and helped him get out of the water. It made him blush, and he was thankful that he wasn’t facing the other. Donghae managed to balance himself as Eunhyuk carried his weight so he can sit at the side of the pool.

 

“Thanks,” Donghae said while looking away. Eunhyuk didn’t respond and just snorted.

 

“Where the hell are you going?” Eunhyuk shouted as Donghae stood up and picked his things up from the table.

 

“Back at the dorm, where else?” Donghae retorted.

 

“It’s cold outside” Eunhyuk shouted again.

 

“Does it look like I care?” Donghae said in the same tone Eunhyuk used earlier.

 

Donghae was about to stepped outside of the swimming pool area when Eunhyuk grabbed his arms, spinning him around. “You’re so full of crap, you’re making me sick. What? You’re going to step outside looking all wet? You’re so full of yourself if you think that you still look good so you don’t care walking home like that” he was glaring at him.

 

Donghae sighed, “You don’t need to feel bad about what you did, all you have to do is to say sorry if you’re conscience is eating you alive right now.” Donghae responded.

 

“No way,” Eunhyuk said gritting his teeth.

 

“Then let go,” Donghae said as he pried Eunhyuk’s grip from his arms. “You’re so full of pride, that’s why you can’t be thankful nor feel sorry for everything.” Donghae continued, “Pride is tasteless, colorless, and sizeless… yet it’s the hardest thing a man could swallow.”

 

His words made Eunhyuk glare at him more, but nevertheless Donghae didn’t show any signs of weakness. Later on Eunhyuk’s glare vanished and his eyes turned gentle.

 

“Just go change then go back home,” He said in a low voice. Donghae knew he shouldn’t refuse if he doesn’t want the guy to turn all angry again.

 

Eunhyuk tilted his head slightly inside the area again as if saying ‘this way’/‘follow me’.

 

As Donghae followed him inside the men’s locker room that’s the only time he noticed that Eunhyuk’s just wearing a swimming trunk.  He was shocked his eyes widened upon seeing how milky white his skin really is, his abs, perfect.

 

“Im hot right?” Eunhyuk bragged, breaking the silence as he caught Donghae staring at him in wonder.

 

 “Not at all” Donghae said and he thought he just saw him smiled. Donghae thinks that he doesn’t care if Eunhyuk is being mean to him or talking bulls at him, as long as Eunhyuk was talking and speaking to him, he can live with it.

 

Donghae’s heart was abnormally beating faster and he was thankful Eunhyuk can’t hear that, that would be a shame. Somehow he still felt irritated because of what Eunhyuk did, but it doesn’t matter now.

 

 Eunhyuk was getting some shirts in his locker, checking if the shirts will fit on Donghae. “Here, put these on!”  He threw a towel and the clothes towards Donghae.

 Donghae removed the shirt which covered his face “You’re so disrespectful!” he told him, Eunhyuk just smirked.

 

 Donghae moved at the dark corner of the room so he can take off his uniform and get changed.

 

“Don’t worry you’re not my type you can change here. .” Eunhyuk joked, “And even though you look so girly and all it doesn’t mean i’ll hit on you,” Eunhyuk chuckled.

 

“Mind your own business Eunhyuk!” Donghae talked back as he started wiping himself with the towel Eunhyuk lend him.

 

Both of them started changing, and as soon as they were done. Donghae picked his things up and started wearing his socks and shoes, the only stuffs that didn’t got wet.

 

Eunhyuk approached him, he was now wearing a gray sweater and a pair of black pants. “Don’t bother to submit your membership form, I’ll just put your name on the members list.” He said

 

“How can I be sure you’re not playing another prank on me” Donghae replied.

 

Eunhyuk smirked again, “Yunho quit. Well, not actually quit we exchanged responsibilities he’s in the dance club now. So that makes me the leader here. Deal with it.” he said before going out of the locker room.

 

“And,” Eunhyuk added but not caring to turn his body around, “In case you don’t know, we will not be having any meetings until next week, find out for yourself why.” Then he started walking away again.

 

Donghae was left inside the locker room, he was mind battling with himself if he still wanted to be in the swimming club or he’ll join another club instead. But his desire to be with that guy no matter what overpowered his decisions. He knew that it wouldn’t be healthy to stay around with him, but he’ll take the risks. And he hopes it’ll be worth it.

--------