No Ordinary Love

No Ordinary Love

CHAPTER 29

 

 

 

It was dead silent inside the room. It was the effect of telling some things that have been kept hidden for so long and the result of hearing a confession that was unforeseen. The other was waiting for an answer, a response for the revelation he did while the other was waiting for himself to recover from shock, to accept, to understand. For Donghae it wasn’t the silence that was scaring him, rather it is what will happen next after the silence.

 

“I’m so sorry, I relied too much on the saying that best friends forgive and understand.” Donghae broke the still atmosphere surrounding them, “I told myself that you will surely understand once I tell you everything, and I am stupid to think it was that easy. Yes you are my best friend but you are just a person, you have feelings and you can get hurt, it doesn’t mean that even though we’re almost like brothers I can be selfish and always expect you to understand and forgive, I’m sorry Kibum.” He said keeping his stare to the floor, afraid of making an eye contact to the other.

 

Kibum heaved a heavy sigh, “You’re really smart for you’ve chosen the right place to stay before telling me this. Of course I can’t beat you in this house, my parents would surely be furious if I do that in their own house. My dad will kill for sure.” The way he said it doesn’t sound threatening though it’s not that humorous either.

 

“If beating me up will make you feel better I’d rather make you do it.” Donghae replied.

 

Kibum scoffed, “Then after that what? You’ll go tell your dear boyfriend that your best friend had beaten you up, and then he’ll go looking for me with his gang,”

 

Donghae shook his head, he then found the strength to look up at Kibum, “He’s not that concerned about me, he won’t give a damn about it, maybe.” He sighed.

 

Kibum kept a straight face as he looked at the other in the eyes, his jaw clenched, “Actually you don’t have to be this ing sorry about everything, but what really makes me upset is seeing my best friend letting himself to be taken for granted by the man he chose to love,”

 

“Donghae,” Kibum continued, “There is only one thing that can make me accept your decision, it depends on your answer,” he told him.

 

“What is that?”

 

“Are you happy with him?” Kibum asked, his eyes never leaving Donghae’s eyes, making sure the other won’t answer him with lies.

 

Donghae doesn’t have to think twice, yes he’s disappointed with his boyfriend and Eunhyuk is making him feel sad, but the question is ‘is he happy with Eunhyuk?’ , of course he is, how can he be not? Donghae loves him and Eunhyuk told him before that he feels the same way. No one was forced to be in that relationship and it is enough to make him happy, with him.

 

“Yes, I am happy with him” Donghae finally responded.

 

“Even though he lied to you, made you disappointed and make you feel sad,”

 

“Those things will only be just for this day, new things happen in each day and tomorrow will be different.  At the end of the day if he’ll ask me to forgive him, I would give it to him.” Donghae replied with all honesty.

 

Kibum walked closer to Donghae, “My best friend is in love.” He said as he gave Donghae a hug that quite surprised the blonde male, “Who am I to judge you? You’re just a person, you also have feelings and you also commit mistakes. As long as you’ll stay as my dear Donghae, as my best friend since forever… I am always here to forgive and understand.” He told him as he gently pats Donghae’s back.

 

Donghae was lost for words. God is really good to give him someone like Kibum. “Kibum, thank you” he told his best friend as he hugged him back, “I missed you so much,” he added.

 

“Yeah, I missed you too, but I still don’t like your boyfriend,” Kibum replied playfully as he broke the hug.

 

“I understand, though I hope it won’t take years before you do,” the latter said as he displayed a huge smile at the other.

 

Right then, someone knocked on the door before opening it and a lady with glasses appeared. She had her hair on a neat bun. She looks formal even at home, she never change, Donghae thought.

 

“Kibum, someone is looking for you downstairs. Another friend I guess,” she said.

 

“Are you sure about that mom? I didn’t invited any tonight, what’s his name?” Kibum asked.

 

“He said his name is Lee Hyukjae.” Kibum’s mom replied.

 

Kibum’s jaw dropped while Donghae’s eyes widened in shock.

 

When none of the two replied Kbum’s mom spoke up, “You should hurry downstairs, don’t make your friend wait for too long. I’ll go back with work now, I still have lots to finish tonight for my class’ exam tomorrow.” She said, too formal for a mother and son conversation.

 

“Okay, thanks mom.” Kibum replied. Both of them watched as the lady stepped out of the room before they could even react.

 

“Oh my God he’s here?” Donghae let out as his eyes met Kibum.

 

“How did he know where I live? Did you tell him?” Kibum asked.

 

“No, I didn’t. Why would I tell him?” Donghae replied. “But we need to go downstairs he’s waiting,” he quickly dragged Kibum’s arm with him.

 

“Hey, I thought you’re mad at him?” Kibum said as he escaped from Donghae’s grip.

 

“I’m not, I’m only disappointed,”

 

Kibum rolled his eyes, “Could you please at least try to act ‘hard-to-get’,”

 

“I already did, I went all the way in your house to run away from him. But it’s okay now, I’m feeling better. He’s here to apologize what else would be the reason why he’s here anyway,” Donghae told him.

 

“No, you’ll pay hard-to-get. You can’ forgive him that easily. You went all the way here and now you’re suddenly excited to see him? Huh,” Kibum told the other.

 

“I won’t play hard to get, he went this far looking for me.” Donghae reasoned out.

 

“Play hard-to-get or I’ll punch him?” he threatened,

 

“And why would you do that?” Donghae frowned.

 

“Because he still needs to make it up to you, his efforts of going here is not enough. I need to see a little more effort that can convince me that he’s serious about you,” Kibum replied.

 

Donghae scratched the back of his head, “Fine fine, let’s go” he said as he impatiently pushed Kibum towards the door.

 

--

 

He was welcomed in the house by a lady whom he guessed was Kibum’s mother. Though she looks scary she was kind enough to let him in and made him sit down on the couch inside their living room, though he’s not one of his son’s friends and though she haven’t met him before.

 

He sat there and waited though it is taking them quite long to go down and meet him there. It started raining outside, which made him think if he made Donghae cry again this time, he could only sigh. At last he heard footstep descending the stairs, he glanced at the direction and there he saw Kibum and Donghae trailing behind him.

 

As soon as Kibum stopped at the table in front of him Eunhyuk immediately stood up from his seat. He can’t see Donghae’s face because he was hiding behind his best friend, Eunhyuk thought that he might be mad at him and he don’t want to see him at all.

 

“Hi, it’s quite nice to see you again,” Kibum greeted a bit coldly.

 

Eunhyuk nodded, “Yeah, nice house,” he told the other, complimenting the house because he doesn’t have any idea what compliment should he give to the man standing in front of him.

 

“Thanks,” Kibum replied flatly.

 

Eunhyuk took a deep breath, “I’m here to get Donghae. Can I at least talk to him?” he said, he’s getting irritated with Kibum blocking his way to see Donghae.

 

“Sure, talk to him. But you can’t take him home tonight, he’ll stay here.” Kibum replied but he didn’t wait for Eunhyuk’s reply as he stepped out of the way, he turned and faced Donghae, “I’ll be at the kitchen if ever you need me,” he told his best friend before he exited the living room.

 

“Sit down,” Donghae spoke when only the two of them were left inside the area. Eunhyuk sat down again on the couch while Donghae chose to sit on the chair opposite the couch.

 

“How did you get here?” Donghae asked, trying his damn best to sound upset. If only Kibum didn’t threaten him earlier, he’ll freaking sit right next to his boyfriend and hug him tight.

 

“You might get mad again if I tell you,” Eunhyuk replied,

 

“Just answer it,”

 

Eunhyuk took something inside his pants back pocket and showed the other male a piece of paper that he tore from Donghae’s school diary.

 

Donghae’s eyes widened, “You tore it?” suddenly raising his voice at him.

 

“Look, I’m sorry” Eunhyuk told him.

 

“No, you have to fix it first,” Donghae demanded, and this time he wasn’t just acting upset.

 

“No, not about this paper I tore. Donghae about what happened today, I’m so sorry. I don’t have any intention of not going to the mall and meet you there.” Eunhyuk apologized.

 

Donghae looked away from the other, “Then tell me what happened” he told Eunhyuk.

 

“I told you, there’s a heavy traffic along the way,” Eunhyuk replied.

 

“I am going to ask you again, what happened? Please stop lying”

 

Eunhyuk sighed, “It’s my dad, he asked if I can give him a ride to the hospital for his check up this morning,” he told him.

 

Donghae chuckled sarcastically, “Another lie?”

 

“No, it’s the truth. Donghae come on, let’s just go home,” Eunhyuk tried to tell him.

 

“I can’t. I already told Kibum’s mom that I’ll stay for the night.”

 

Eunhyuk was about to say something when suddenly Kibum’s mom appeared on the living room’s doorway.

 

“It is raining heavily outside, do you still have any plans of going home?” the lady asked Eunhyuk.

 

“Yes ma’am, after Donghae is done with his business here both of us will leave tonight.” Eunhyuk courteously replied.

 

“But I thought Donghae would stay here for the night?” Kibum’s mom asked,

 

“There’s a sudden change of plan so he needs to go back in our dorm tonight,” Eunhyuk replied, right at that moment Kibum returned to the living room.

 

“What? Wait, who’s going back home?” Kibum asked.

 

“No one,” Kibum’s mom replied which made all three of them stare at her in curiosity. “It’s raining heavily outside do you think I’ll let you boys drive the streets with that kind of weather? I insist that you stay here for the night or at least make the rain stop before you go,” she told them.

 

“But it’s fine I can drive--”

 

“No young man” the lady cut Eunhyuk’s sentence off, “The both of you are under my responsibility since you’re here in my house, and I don’t want your parents to blame me if ever something wrong happens to the both of you on your way home,” she told them.

 

“Donghae can stay since he’s willing, but since this guy over here wants to go home… he have his car with him so he can do so,” Kibum let out.

 

“I said no,” his mom told him.

 

“Well since Donghae is going to spend the night here I guess I might stay as well,” Eunhyuk said in a mocking tone, obviously wanting to irritate Kibum.

 

“That’s right. Now give me your keys” Kibum’s mom told him, her hand stretched out, waiting for the boy to give it to her.

 

“The car keys? What for?” Eunhyuk asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

The lady sighed “Teenage boys nowadays are hard headed and impulsive. You might leave as soon as I lock myself up in my room, now hand me your keys.” She demanded.

 

Donghae nudged Eunhyuk by the arm, “Just give it to her,” he told him. Taking a deep breath Eunhyuk reached for his car keys inside his pants pocket and then handed it to Kibum’s mom.

 

The lady took the keys, “Good, now Kibum, Donghae and his friend could make use of the empty bedroom upstairs,” she told his son, “Good night boys,” she greeted before heading upstairs.

 

Kibum ruffled his hair irritation, because now Eunhyuk is staying in their house for the night.

 

“I like your mom, she’s cool,” Eunhyuk said, teasing the other male more, making Kibum feel more irritated.

 

Kibum glared at him before batting an eye lash, “Then go marry her,” he retorted as he lead the way upstairs to where the bedroom is.

 

 

--

 

Silence. It stopped raining and the surroundings became really quiet. None of them dared to talk though both of them are still awake, they’re lying on the same bed but there’s a big space in between them  which none of the two dares to cross. The two of them were lying on their backs, Donghae staring at the ceiling while Eunhyuk kept his eyes fixed on the blonde’s face. The glow coming from the small sized lamp was the only source of light in the room, but enough for Eunhyuk to see Donghae’s face in the dark.

 

“It stopped raining already,” After what it seems like an eternity of silence Donghae finally said something.

 

“Do you want to go home already?” Eunhyuk asked the other.

 

“You can go back to the dorm if you want to,” Donghae replied, still facing at the ceiling.

 

“I won’t leave unless I have you with me,” the older guy responded.

 

Donghae shrugged his shoulders, “But somehow I miss my bed,” he said.

 

Eunhyuk smiled though it didn’t reached his eyes, “Me too, I miss your bed” he told the other.

 

Donghae bit his lower lip, he’s just thankful that the room was dimly lit and he could hide the blush on his face in the dark. Trying to leave that topic he tried saying something else. “It’s so quiet now, I can hardly hear anything at all,” he sighed.

 

“But I can hear your heartbeat,”

 

Eunhyuk’s words made Donghae turned his head to his side, finally facing the other male. “What does it say?” he asked, voice almost inaudible.

 

“I can’t hear it properly,” Eunhyuk replied,

 

“Never mind” Donghae tore his gaze to the other as he returned his gaze back to the ceiling.

 

Donghae stiffened when he felt Eunhyuk moved closer to him, he froze when Eunhyuk suddenly place his head on top of his upper body, his ear pressed against his chest. And it made Donghae’s heart beats faster, Eunhyuk was listening to it, to his heartbeat.

 

“Relax,” Eunhyuk told him, obviously feeling how abnormally fast Donghae’s heart was beating.

 

“Get off Hyukjae,” Donghae tried to push Eunhyuk’s shoulder away but the latter didn’t even move a muscle.

 

“It says you love me.” Eunhyuk spoke, “Your heart says you love me so stop pushing me away” he added.

 

“But it doesn’t mean you can run away from what you did to me, you’re still not forgiven,” Donghae replied, in fact he’s already forgiven he was just keeping his deal with his best friend about acting a little hard-to-get.

 

Eunhyuk suddenly chuckled, “It’s telling me to do something if I want to earn your forgiveness.” He said.

 

“You’re crazy” Donghae shook his head, “And what is that that my heart told you then?” he dared the other.

 

Eunhyuk glanced up at him, “It said that you want me to kiss you” he replied, a sly smile forming on his lips.

 

That obviously made Donghae turned red, he realized that their lips haven’t met that day yet and it just made him crave for Eunhyuk’s mouth so much. It made him think if he really was that easy to read that’s why Eunhyuk can easily tell what he wants, what he feels and what he needs? Impossible, he thought.

 

But he can’t give in, he had a deal with Kibum.  He was too pre occupied with his own thoughts that he didn’t notice when Eunhyuk started moving closer and closer until his face was just inches away from his. Screw the ing deal, Donghae screamed in his thoughts after realizing the closeness of their face.

 

Eunhyuk began lowering his face, making their lips to slightly touch. He can feel his lips but they weren’t kissing yet, it was more on brushing his lips against the other, “I’m sorry, I’m really sorry Donghae” Eunhyuk whispered against the blonde’s lips.

 

“No,” Donghae replied, “Kiss me first” he demanded, and that is the only signal Eunhyuk was waiting for him to do it.

 

And upon hearing what the other wants him to do Eunhyuk immediately took possession of Donghae’s mouth.  If you kept lions hungry in a cage the entire day, you can’t expect them to eat properly once you fed them up again. And that was what exactly describes the rush of emotions the couple was feeling. Both of them were flooded with different emotions, hungered by their own faults.

 

Donghae wrapped his arms around Eunhyuk’s neck pushing his head closer, while Eunhyuk kept his hands on either side of Donghae’s face, trapping him to his mouth. The fiery sloppy kiss echoed inside the quiet bedroom. Heavy breathing and panting had decorated their own wonderland. They only allowed their lips to part for two seconds, only to give the other time to breathe before they started eating each other’s lips again.

 

Eunhyuk reached for the hem of Donghae’s shirt and was about to take it off but Donghae held his shirt down. “No, I don’t think we should do it,” Donghae stopped him.

 

Eunhyuk looked at him, confused and worried at the same time. Confused because they obviously need what he was about to do but Donghae stopped him, and worried because he was thinking if he was still not forgiven. But Eunhyuk had managed to nod, he won’t force Donghae into it if he don’t want it.

 

Eunhyuk then rolled over to his side as he removed himself on top of the other. He tried not to look at the younger male as he speak, “I guess we should just go to sleep, I remember I still have to do something tomorrow,” he said as he pulls the blanket over him and cover himself up completely.

 

“Hyukjae, can I ask what your plans are for tomorrow?” Donghae asked, he suddenly felt guilty of rejecting him.

 

“Hang out with some friends, and someone asked if he could borrow my car.” The latter replied.

 

“Have fun,” Donghae said, almost whispering.

 

“Goodnight,” Eunhyuk replied,

 

Donghae felt suddenly sad again. Can’t Eunhyuk leave his friends even just for a while to have more time with him? He still doesn’t have any idea what happened this morning ,of why Eunhyuk didn’t show up at the mall. A bigger part of him was telling him that he was probably with his friends but a part of him was also telling him that maybe, Eunhyuk was telling the truth. But why can’t he bring himself to believe him? Yes he had forgiven him already, though it’s quite unbelievable because he wasn’t buying any of Eunhyuk’s explanation.  

 

Suddenly Donghae’s cell phone started vibrating, he reached for it on the table beside the bed and saw an unregistered number calling.

 

He raised himself up from the bed and went to stand near the window opposite their bed before answering it.

 

“Hello?” the blonde answered the call.

 

“Yes, hello, Is this Donghae?” the man on the other line spoke, judging from the voice Donghae could tell that he was talking to an adult.

 

“Yes, this is Donghae. May I know who’s this please?”

 

“Donghae, it’s Mr. Lee Kang Hyun, Hyukjae’s dad” the man replied,

 

Donghae gasped, he was surprised who his caller is, “Good evening Sir, how are you doing?” he immediately greeted.

 

“I’m doing fine, I’m sorry for calling you in this kind of hour, I just called to check if Hyukjae is with you? He took his car this morning and he told me that he’ll accompany you to the mall. I’m just worried that’s why I decided to check, he’s not answering my call so I dialed your number instead,” Eunhyuk’s father told him.

 

“Yes he’s with me right now, we’re staying at my best friend’s house, but we’ll go back in our dorm tomorrow,”

 

“That’s a relief I thought he wasn’t able to meet you today, you see… I asked him if he can give me a ride to the hospital because my personal driver was on leave today, but then we got stuck on a heavy traffic. He was complaining at me all throughout the ride to the hospital, I guess he was really feeling bad for making you wait. I’m sorry it was my fault why he’s late,”

 

Donghae could only shake his head, Hyukjae was telling the truth after all. He wasn’t lying, Donghae was just being paranoid, making himself believe that Eunhyuk will choose his friends over him, but he was wrong.  Hyukjae is being honest with him all this time but he didn’t pay enough attention to it. And now he felt bad, he felt really really bad towards his boyfriend.

 

“You don’t have to apologize, It’s okay Sir. You don’t have to worry” Donghae replied.

 

“Thank you Donghae, and another thing could you send my apology to my son as well?”

 

“Yes of course I will tell him”

 

“Thank you, well good night then,” Eunhyuk’s father told him,

 

“Good night sir,” Donghae said the same before the both of them ended the call.

 

Donghae slapped his forehead, how can he not believe him? He even accused his boyfriend of lying.

 

“Oh god,” Donghae breathes out, he placed his phone down on the table as he lied down on the bed again, this time closer to Eunhyuk who was covering himself up with the blanket.

 

He bravely wrapped his arms around the older male’s waist then Donghae slowly lowered the blanket covering his face, he frowned after seeing his boyfriend already asleep.

 

“Hyukjae… I’m so sorry,” he muttered as he buried his face on Eunhyuk’s shoulder.  

 

Dongahe heaved a sigh, he really felt bad. He must’ve hurt his boyfriend’s feeling by accusing him of lying. “I guess it’s my turn to make it up tomorrow,” he mumbled solely to himself.

 

 

-----

This is a double update so make sure you've read chap 28 first ;)