No Ordinary Love

No Ordinary Love

Chapter 28

 

 

Upon getting home that Friday afternoon Donghae immediately busied himself with their home works then afterwards reviewed for their quizzes for next week. He just wants to keep himself busy and preoccupied so he would stop thinking of the problem he has with his friends. He thought that sulking in a corner and feeling all upset would do no good, rather he should think of a way to earn his friends forgiveness. For now he’ll give them time to accept the fact about him and Eunhyuk being together, and then he’ll try to talk to them again.

 

Donghae cursed a bit loudly while flipping the pages of his biology book when he suddenly remembered their dissecting activity next week, he was assigned to buy some of the materials needed for the dissection. Jessica was suppose to come with him to the mall to accompany him and buy those, but because of what happened no one would accompany him anymore to the mall.

 

Usually Donghae spends some of his Saturdays with his best friend Kibum. Maybe he can meet him tomorrow and ask if he can help him buy those materials on the list that he needs to buy.  Besides he needs to tell Kibum about Eunhyuk and him, he’s been keeping it to him as well and he knows Kibum will be disappointed about it, but knowing his best friend, Kibum will surely forgive him.

 

A simple ‘let’s meet tomorrow’ is all it takes and Donghae immediately received an ‘Okay’ reply from his best friend, he smiled thinking how he can easily make Kibum say yes to his request. And now all he needs to do is make Eunhyuk come with him tomorrow.

 

Donghae went downstairs when he saw that Eunhyuk is not in his room. He found his boyfriend in the living room, lying on the couch. He slowly walks toward the couch and noticed that Eunhyuk’s eyes were close while he had his earphones on, it made Donghae wonders if he was sleeping or not. So instead of sitting on the edge of the couch, Donghae chose to sat down of the floor beside the couch, not wanting to disturb the guy.

 

Curiosity is want made Donghae took off one of the earphones from Eunhyuk’s ear, he was curious of what kind of music the latter was listening to and so he put the earphone to his ear. Donghae chuckled for the song that was currently playing was pop ballad, he didn’t expect that the older male is interested in that type of music.

 

“It’s not my kind of music,” Eunhyuk suddenly spoke which made Donghae stop laughing, slowly the older male opened his eyes and look at Donghae.

 

“I thought you’re sleeping. Did I disturb you?” Donghae asked and Eunhyuk shook his head in reply.

 

“Well, if it’s not the kind of music you like, what is it doing on your playlist?” Donghae asked,

 

“This isn’t mine, it’s Yesung hyung’s I-pod,” Eunhyuk replied as he removed the earphone off his ear.

 

Donghae mouthed an ‘O’, “I see… Can I talk to you for a minute?” Donghae asked as he too removed the earphone from his ear, passing it to Eunhyuk.

 

“About?” Eunhyuk replied as he sat up on the couch and rested his back against the back rest, he then tapped the space beside him signaling Donghae to sit down on the couch. And that’s what Donghae did, he stood up from the floor and settled himself on the couch next to Eunhyuk.

 

“Hyukjae you’ve met my best friend right? You’ve seen him before at the mall,” Donghae started,

 

“Yeah, but I can’t remember his face that much,” the latter replied, “Why are you asking me that anyway?” he asked the younger.

 

“Well, I’m going to the mall tomorrow to buy the materials we need for the dissecting activity. I asked Kibum if he can accompany me and he said its okay, so we will see each other tomorrow.” Donghae replied and he was feeling nervous. What if Eunhyuk says ‘no’ if he ask him to go with him tomorrow? He thought.

 

“So you are asking my permission if you and your best friend can go on a date tomorrow is that it?” Eunhyuk asked, an eye brow raised as he waited for an answer.

 

“N-no! You’re getting it wrong.” Donghae’s eyes went big, “Just, just let me finish okay,” he told the older male, raising both of his hands as if telling the other to hold back any of his reactions first. Eunhyuk sighed and then nodded.

 

“As I was saying… I‘ll meet Kibum tomorrow, and since we’ll meet each other again after a long time there are lots that I needed to tell him and that includes you and me. He’s my best friend and he needs to know, that’s why I want to ask if you can come with me tomorrow. Can you?”  Donghae asked gently,

 

“Do I really need to come with you? You can tell him if you want to, you don’t have to ask for my permission,” Eunhyuk replied with the same level of gentleness.

 

“But I want you to be there when I tell him. Well, actually I want to introduce you to Kibum as my boy friend of course,” Donghae answered a blush visible on his cheeks.

 

Eunhyuk chuckled at the sight of his boyfriend blushing, “But you’ve introduced us to each other before,” he replied as he brushed the back of his hand against the younger’s cheek.

 

“But that introduction is not a good one, he’s not pleased with you way back then and you seemed to be not as pleased as well. Don’t you want to come with me tomorrow?” Donghae’s eyes were pleading, he reached for the hand that was brushing his cheek and pressed it deeper onto his face.

 

“If I won’t come with you, will you get mad at me?” Eunhyuk asked with a serious expression.

 

“So you don’t want to come,” Donghae spoke though it doesn’t sound like a question.

 

“Will you get mad?” Eunhyuk asked again.

 

Donghae dropped his hands on his lap with a disappointed face, “I won’t be mad, maybe I’ll be sad but if you really don’t want to come what else can I do, I don’t want to force you anyway,” he was almost whispering.

 

Eunhyuk sighed heavily as he reached for Donghae’s arm, pulling him closer to him until he can wrap his arms around the blonde, trapping him in a tight hug. “Love, you don’t have to be sad.” He whispered against Donghae’s head.

 

Donghae blushed madly after hearing Eunhyuk calling him ‘love’. He buried his face against the other’s chest to hide his face, he was still feeling disappointed but he can’t deny that Eunhyuk’s word had sent butterflies to his stomach.

 

“I was just asking if you’ll get mad, I didn’t say that I won’t come with you tomorrow,” Eunhyuk chuckled,

 

Donghae immediately snapped his head up, his eyes huge in surprise and his lips curved into a huge smile, “So you’ll go with me tomorrow?” he asked excitedly.

 

“On one condition” Eunhyuk said.

 

“What condition?” the blonde replied,

 

“We have to go home early tomorrow,” the older male told him.

 

Donghae’s forehead creased “Why? Is there something that you need to do tomorrow?” he asked.

 

Eunhyuk smiled though it looks more like a smirk, “None, but there is something ‘we’ need to do,” he then gave Donghae a teasing wink which made the younger blush for the nth time, he could only bit his tongue knowing what Eunhyuk’s condition really is.

 

“Fine I don’t care about the condition as long as you’ll go with me tomorrow,” Donghae said. “So… we’ll go meet Kibum tomorrow and together we’ll tell him.”

 

“Yeah,” Eunhyuk replied.

 

“Promise?” Donghae smiled,

 

Eunhyuk bent down as he kissed Donghae’s forehead, “Promise” he told him.

 

---------

 

 

Waking up Saturday morning, Donghae found a note on his study table. He picked it up and read what the note says;

 

I’ll just have to go get my car at Dad’s place. I’ll be back soon so wait for me.

 

It was a note from Eunhyuk, he glanced up at the wall clock and saw that it’s already past 9am and according to what he and Kibum had agreed they should meet at the mall by 10am. Donghae sighed and he just hoped that his boyfriend would be back in their dorm before the clock strikes quarter to ten.

 

Forty minutes had passed and the clock screams 9:50, he shook his head for he’ll surely be late.

 

“Tuh, this won’t work,” he murmured. Donghae sighed as he reached for a pen in his drawer and scribbled something on the back of the note;

 

I’ll just go ahead, let’s meet at the mall. You follow me there, OKAY?!

 

He then stepped out of his room, locked his door and pinned the note against the door so the other would see it easily.

 

--

 

 

It took him 20 minutes to get to the mall and Kibum was already at their meeting place. He immediately told his best friend that he has something to tell him and that he wants to introduce someone but he’ll do it when the person he’s waiting for arrives. The first thing they did was to buy Donghae’s list of materials for his Biology class. For an hour they strolled around the mall with Donghae occasionally sending text messages to his boyfriend who was obviously late. It was past twelve when Kibum demanded that the both of them should go have their lunch.

 

“So what do you want to eat?” Kibum asked as he glanced at his best friend who wasn’t paying attention at the table menu in front of him at all.

 

“I’m still waiting for someone, just go get your order I know you’re hungry. I’ll eat later when he arrives.” Donghae replied.

 

Kibum then waved to the waitress and placed his order, as soon as the waitress went back to the counter he set the menu aside as he returned his attention back to Donghae who was again busy typing on his phone.

 

“Who is this someone you’re waiting for anyway? Your attention was all glued to your phone the entire morning, just tell me already, do I know this person?” Kibum can’t help but to ask.

 

Donghae bit his tongue, thinking if he should tell him already, he sighed, “Yes you know him, and you’ve met him before.” He finally said.

 

“Him? So this is a guy? Kyuhyun? Jaejoong? Or Henry?” Kibum asked, he met them before and as far as he knew they are Donghae’s close friends in his school.

 

 

“None of the above, well maybe he’s someone you’ll least expect.” He answered. “I told you earlier that I have something to tell you right? Well, this person has something to do with what I am going to tell you. This might shock you but I need you to listen first, can you do that?” Donghae told him, being careful with the words he’s using.

 

Kibum raised an eyebrow as he examined not only the nervous look on Donghae’s face but also the uneasiness of his voice, “I think I can’t, but let’s give it a try,” he replied.

 

“No Kibum, you need to promise me first that you won’t give a violent reaction once I told you this, you have to immediately calm yourself down, try not to explode. Can you?” Donghae asked again.

 

“What the heck is wrong with you, if that thing you’re gonna say is indeed shocking how the heck do you expect me to ‘immediately’ calm myself down. I am no saint Donghae, just in case you don’t know.”

 

“Maybe I should really wait for him before I say something,” Donghae said as he slouch his back lazily on his chair.

 

Before Kibum could even nag him again to just tell him, Donghae’s phone vibrated, he reached for his cell phone and saw that Eunhyuk was calling. With an excited face he quickly answered the call,

 

“Hey,” the blonde greeted.

 

“Hey, have you had your lunch already?” the man on the other line asked,

 

“Not yet, I’m still waiting for you. Where are you?” Donghae asked, his voice sounds impatient but nevertheless, excited.

 

“You should go eat, there’s a heavy traffic along the way I don’t think I can make it for lunch,”

 

“Kibum needs to go home by two this afternoon, can you make it before two? He’s already asking me but I don’t want to tell him yet unless you’re here.”

 

The guy on the other line went silent, calculating the time he has. Thinking if he can make it or not.

 

“Where have you gone anyway? You said you’ll just go get your car at your place,” Donghae spoke when it’s taking quite long for the latter to speak.

 

“That’s exactly what I did, I have the car right now and I’m on my way,” Eunhyuk replied.

 

“Then what’s taking you so long? Tell me, are you with your friends that’s why you’re not here yet?” Donghae asked, trying his best to keep his voice down.

 

“I’m not,” Eunhyuk replied short.

 

“You’re lying,” Donghae told him, voice slightly accusing.

 

Eunhyuk chuckled cynically, “I am not,”

 

Donghae took a deep breath as he tried to control his emotions. How can he assure that he’s not with his friends, and why is he taking so long, maybe he doesn’t really want to come with him. He is still Eunhyuk anyway, maybe he’s not yet ready for this kind of commitments, Donghae thought.

 

“You promised. You promised that you’ll go with me today, you shouldn’t have made any promises at all” Donghae spoke.

 

It took a minute before Eunhyuk could speak up, “Are you mad?” he asked.

 

“Because you lied, you should have said no if you really don’t want to come with me today,”

 

“But I’m not lying,”

 

“It’s okay I understand, don’t come anymore. We’ll leave soon.” Donghae replied and disappointment could be traced in his voice.

 

“Are you heading straight home after lunch?”

 

Donghae sighed, closing his eyes shut as he gathered his strength to reply back, “No, I’m not going back to the dorm tonight. I’ll stay at Kibum’s place.” He replied,

 

Even Kibum who was listening to the conversation was shocked after hearing what Donghae just said.

 

“No, you stay there, I’ll go get you home.” Eunhyuk said firmly.

 

“It’s okay, you don’t have to, besides we have to leave soon”

 

“Donghae,” Eunhyuk murmured, his voice sounds apologetic.

 

“Just concentrate on your driving, drive safely. Bye” Donghae sighed loudly as he ended the call, dropping his phone carelessly on the table. He pressed a hand against his eyes as he tried to stop his eyes from shedding a single tear.

 

Kibum was so oblivious of what just happened. Should he comfort him? Or should he scold him for he’s leaving him clueless of what was happening? He doesn’t know, for a minute he just ended up staring at his friend, totally speechless.

 

“Hae, did something went wrong? You seemed to be not okay.”Kibum sighed, “Err… and I feel so ing useless here so please tell me what’s happening.” Kibum spoke up, trying his best not to sound stupid.

 

After a few seconds Donghae removed his hand from his face. His eyes were red and he was obviously preventing himself to cry. “Let’s just get out of here first. I don’t want to stay here anymore,” he let out as he fixed his things in his backpack.

 

“So where would we go?” Kibum asked as he stood up from his seat.

 

“Did you not hear me earlier? I said I’ll stay in your place,” Donghae uncaringly replied as he slung his bag on his shoulder.

 

Kibum’s eye widened in shock, “I thought you’re just kidding, are you sure? I thought you found my mom very intimidating,”

 

“I don’t care if she intimidates me, I just need a place to stay for the night” Donghae told him.

 

“Okay, it’s your decision anyway. Let’s go” Kibum jerked his head towards the door, he lead the way out of the restaurant and out of the mall.

 

------------

 

 

He tried his best to get to the mall. He searched almost everywhere but he can no longer find them. Reaching his phone from his back pocket he tried dialing Donghae’s number again, but like the last few tries he did earlier, the blonde is still not answering his phone. And then after what is seems to be like an hour of searching around the mall, he gave up and just headed back to his car and off to their dorm.

 

Of course he’s not expecting to see him there so he didn’t feel a slight disappointment after founding Donghae’s room empty. The blonde told him earlier that he’ll be staying at his best friend’s house, and that is the reason why Eunhyuk was trespassing in Donghae’s room, to search for something that he can use to know where Kibum lives. Because there is no ing way he’ll let Donghae sleep on someone else’s house without his permission, even if it was his best friend.

 

Not long after he found something which seems to be Donghae’s school diary in Seoul Royal Academy. Opening it, he saw names, contact numbers as well as addresses of Donghae’s classmates and there it is Kim Kibum’s address. Well, he doesn’t have any idea how to get to that place, but there’s no harm in trying, so after tearing the page with Kibum’s address he immediately headed to his car and began his search.

 

------------------

Update! (a lot are asking if i could add  even just a few chapters before ending the story, so i did, and here it is)

First of all I'm sorry for posting this update quite late than what i announced, it's quite embarassing but i'll say it anyway, well...I tried changing my password but unfortunately a few days later I forgot what it is. >__< 

AND I WANT TO THANK MY SAVIOR FOR REMINDING ME WHAT IT WAS! LMAO!  YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! THANKS YAH! XD

Dear active readers who never fail to leave their comments, I love you all! i almost memorized the user names of everyone, that's why i always ask on twitter what your user name is in aff so i would know who am I chatting with XD

Dear new readers/subscribers, WELCOME WELCOME! Thanks for finding my fics interesting. My apology if this fic had caused you sleepless nights because it's on it's 28th chapter already, thanks for the patience and for the appreciation <333 

Dear silent readers, it is time for you guys to go out of your closets and say something encouraging so I can think of a better ending for this fic, becasue honestly i am thinking of a bad one XD 

I'll post the next chapter later.. ^^