No Ordinary Love

No Ordinary Love

CHAPTER 24

 

 

It’s already one in the morning but he still can’t bring himself back into sleep again, he had taken a short nap after he got home that day from the bookstore  but after waking up and  finding out that Eunhyuk isn’t still home he felt worried about the latter. With a final sigh, he raised himself up on the bed as he decided to go downstairs for a glass of water.

 

Upon getting into the kitchen he was surprised to see Kyuhyun sitting on the table with his coffee.

 

“You’re still up?” Donghae asked, it was rare for him to see his friend still awake in this kind of hour.

 

“And you? why are you still awake?” Kyuhyun asked back with a slight grin on his lips,

 

“I, I woke up then I find it hard to sleep again,” Donghae replied as he walked towards the refrigerator to get himself a cold glass of water, then walked back to the table to join his friend.

 

Kyuhyun waited till Donghae was seated next to him before he continues on.

 

“He’s not home yet, I wonder where that bastard had gone to this time,” Kyuhyun suddenly brought up which made Donghae stiffens on his seat, he knows Donghae quite well and he knows the reason why the blonde is still awake, like him he was also waiting for Eunhyuk. “Like you I’m also worried about him, you don’t have to hide your concern.” Kyuhyun continued.

 

“I saw him with Changmin this afternoon, maybe he’s with them.” Donghae opened up, not wanting to talk about his concerns with Eunhyuk.

 

“Donghae, there is something wrong isn’t it? I’ve been noticing the both of you for the past two weeks, and it looks like you two are ignoring each other.” Kyuhyun asked in a gentle voice.

 

Donghae tried to fake a smile but shook his head when he failed, “Honestly I don’t even know what you can call it, I can’t say that things between us is over because in the very first place we’ve never been together” he chuckled weakly, “maybe it is safer to say that we’ve put an end into this nonsense affair,” he added in a dead tone.

 

“You know you can trust me, you can tell me Donghae. If it’s the only way to lessen the burden you are carrying I am willing to listen,” Kyuhyun told him.

 

“I can’t, I made a promise and I don’t want to be the one breaking it,” Donghae replied as tears started to escape his tear ducts.

 

“I don’t have any idea that you can be this stupid when it comes to love.” Kyuhyun playfully teased, “Listen to me, sometimes it is much healthier for a person to break a promise, rather than letting that promise breaks you,”  Kyuhyun told the other guy who was biting his lips to refrain himself from sobbing noisily.

 

“Does Hyukjae loves you?” he tried to asked, but Donghae just shrugged his shoulders in reply.

 

“You don’t even know whether he likes you or not?” Kyuhyun tried again,

 

Donghae took a deep breath as he tried his best to speak, “I-I don’t know, all I can remember is, is when he told me that he admires me,”

 

“Can you somehow feel that he loves you then?”

 

“I don’t want to expect too much from him, but sometimes I couldn’t help but to think that maybe he also loves me the way I love him. In fact there are times that I can feel that he cares for me, but what if it’s just me? What if I was only being delusional because I wanted him to love me the same way I does for him?” He answered in the most honest way he could.

 

If Kyuhyun would base everything on his own observation he can say that what Donghae felt is somehow true. He can see how his brother looks at Donghae, how Hyukjae would talk to him, and how Hyukjae acts around him. He doesn’t want to be that observant of the two, but seeing his twin brother starting to act so strange after meeting Donghae, Kyuhyun knows that there is something weird going on.

 

Then his attention shifted from Donghae’s reddened eyes to his wrist, he had been noticing that as well for the past two weeks, he can’t believe it himself on how Donghae made Hyukjae give that to him. He knows exactly the worth of that bracelet to Hyukjae.

 

“To be honest I really don’t know how that bracelet ended up hanging around your wrist, it’s either there are lots of designs like that around the market or it came from Hyukjae, but  if he had given you that I am really much surprised for it only means one thing.” Kyuhyun told him.

 

Donghae’s forehead creased as he tilted his head to the side in curiosity, “So you’re also aware of this bracelet?” he asked raising his hand a bit to emphasize what he was trying to say, “Hyukjae told me that it’s not real though, so he let me have it,”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled, laughing at how his brother just tried to hide the real meaning of the bracelet so Donghae would take it without thinking any further,  “Then what he told you is a lie, that antique looking bracelet is from our mom and it’s not fake”

 

Donghae’s eyes widened eyeing the bracelet around his wrist, “You mean… this one is real?”

 

Kyuhyun nodded in response,  “Our  mother gave that to him, she said that Hyukjae should give it to the person he trust the most,” he said.

 

Donghae’s shocked eyes slowly tore it’s gaze from Kyuhyun’s face to the bracelet around his wrist, “S-so he trust me this much?” he spoke almost inaudible.

 

Kyuhyun nodded, “But above all it means that he loves you Donghae,” he told him, making Donghae look up to his face again with tears that are starting to fall again.

 

“I hate you Kyuhyun,” he replied weakly “Don’t ever throw a joke like that ever again, it’s not funny,” his voice was getting hoarse because of crying.

 

Kyuhyun laughed heartily at him, “Believe me or not, Hyukjae loves you. He won’t give that to you if he doesn’t love you,”

 

“But what if you’re wrong?” Donghae retorted,

 

Kyuhyun confidently rolled his eyes, “I am Cho Kyuhyun and I’m never wrong” he replied.

 

“But Kryst--” Donghae’s sentence was cut off when they heard a noise from the living room.

 

Both of them immediately raise themselves from their seat as they hurried towards the living room. Donghae sighed in relief after seeing that it was Eunhyuk who was searching for the light switch on the wall.  Without much difficulty the new comer finally found the switch making the light in the area flickers on.

 

The two of them watch as Eunhyuk held on the side table in able for him to keep his balance, his eyelids kept on falling that he didn’t notice the presence of the two.  It made Donghae clench his hands into a fist while Kyuhyun shook his head in disbelief. For the second time he came home drunk.

 

Donghae just found himself walking towards the latter. Eunhyuk who was facing the floor slowly glanced up, his eyes turned into slits as he tried to see who is the man standing in front of him for he was too drunk to recognize the face.

 

Without waiting for Eunhyuk to say something Donghae suddenly wrapped his arms tightly around the body of the older guy, burying his face on his shoulder.

 

“Until now… I find it really hard to decide, I’m too tired to hold on, but I’m too in love to let go.” Donghae murmured as he fought to urge not to cry again.

 

He was waiting for Eunhyuk to say something or at least shrug him off, but it didn’t come. He was just surprised when he felt the latter’s head fall on his shoulder and his weight suddenly got heavier. Thankfully Kyuhyun was fast enough to stand next to Donghae as he tried to help the blonde with his twin brother.

 

“Let’s put him in his room, he looks exhausted” Kyuhyun told him, and Donghae nodded in reply.

 

Both of them carried him up to the man’s room, he was heavy but their strength somehow made it possible to bring him up to his bed.

 

“Seriously I hate his friends,” Donghae muttered as they had successfully laid the drunk guy on his bed.

 

“It’s also his fault anyway,” Kyuhyun told him as he handed Donghae the small basin and a damp towel, “You don’t mind right?” Kyuhyun asked him as he look at the towel Donghae was now holding.

 

“No, it’s okay. I’ll take care of him” Donghae assured him. Kyuhyun nodded as he sat on the chair at the study table.

 

Donghae gently wipes Eunhyuk’s face with the damp towel. Feeling so sorry that he didn’t tried to stop the older guy from going out with his friends that afternoon.

 

“You told me you’ll never try to drink alcohol again, then what the hell just happened huh?” Donghae suddenly spoke, talking to the sleeping guy as he wipes Eunhyuk’s arms.

 

“Why do you love him?” Kyuhyun asked him,

 

“I don’t know, maybe because I find him different, so different that the only option I have is to fall in love with him,” Donghae replied not tearing his gaze from Eunhyuk’s sleeping face.

 

“Kyuhyun, if ever what you told me earlier is true. Why do you think he loves me?” Donghae was the one to ask this time. Eyes fixed to Eunhyuk.

 

It took a minute before Kyuhyun spoke up, thinking of the very reason why. “Maybe because you’re different. You started loving him in his worst, why wouldn’t he fall in love with you,”

 

That’s the only time Donghae shifted his eyes from Eunhyuk’s face to Kyuhyun. “Thank you, how I wish he really do loves me,” he told the other, “I-I’ll just go wash the towel downstairs,” Donghae excused himself as he stood up from the bed.

 

But before Donghae can even reach the door Eunhyuk started groaning on the bed, the drunk male started muttering senseless words on his sleep. Sleep talking.  

 

“Donghae...” Eunhyuk started calling out the blonde’s name. It made Donghae smile a bit knowing that Eunhyuk is speaking of his name in his sleep.

 

But what he said next made Donghae froze on his place.

 

“I’m sorry Donghae… I love you, I love you Donghae…” Eunhyuk muttered though it was like almost whispering, but because it was obviously quiet in the room what he just said was clear enough for both Kyuhyun and Donghae to hear.

 

“Oh God… Hyukjae,” Donghae sobbed, his hands began to tremble which made him loose his grip on the small basin on his hands, not long after the basin fell on the floor together with the damp towel. He covers his mouth with both hands as he started crying, his whole frame is shaking as he cried louder. His eyes were fixed on the sleeping face of the sleep talking male.

 

Eunhyuk kept on calling Donghae in his sleep and he kept on repeating those beautiful ‘I love yous’ Donghae was longing to hear from him. It felt wonderful that Donghae wasn’t able to control himself anymore, he ran to sat on the bed and leaned down to embrace the sleeping figure.  He let his arms hugged Eunhyuk’s body so tightly as he rested his head on his chest.  He doesn’t care if he wakes him up, he wants the man within his arms, he wants to feel his warmth, he wants to hear his every heartbeat.

 

“I love you too, I love you so much Hyukjae,” Donghae said in between his sobs.

 

“Oh God, Kyuhyun did you hear that? He said he loves me, I’m so happy I think I’m going to die” Donghae told Kyuhyun.

 

“See, I told you he loves you too,” Kyuhyun replied with a smile. “Should I wake him up for you?”

 

“No, let him rest. I’ll talk to him tomorrow,” Donghae smiled back.

 

Kyuhyun nodded, “Then I shall leave you now with him, good night.” Kyuhyun told him as he stood up from the chair.

 

“Kyuhyun, thank you”

 

“Goodnight,” Kyuhyun repeated and smirked playfully at him before stepping out of the room and silently closing the door.

 

Now it was only him and Eunhyuk inside the room. It’s been so song and he missed being this close to him. He leaned upward as he kissed the corner of Eunhyuk’s lips. He moved his hands up around the latter’s neck burying his face in the crook of Eunhyuk’s neck.

 

“Tomorrow I’ll let you choose, between me and her, and if you’ll choose me I’ll never let you go.” Donghae whispered as he embraced him tighter.

 

-------------------

 

Thank you for your continous support for this fanfic. \O/