No Ordinary Love

No Ordinary Love

 

CHAPTER 23

 

 

He’s been in a hurry to get there, in just a span of ten minutes he just found himself standing behind the telephone booth in front of the newly constructed bookstore. On the other side of the street was the gasoline station and he can clearly see his friend Changmin leaning on a motorcycle and was busy talking to someone on his phone. He thought that if he’ll go straight to his friend he will not be able to see if Donghae was still inside the bookstore, so he had decided to take a look inside first and confront Donghae before seeing his friend who is waiting for him at the gasoline station.

 

To be honest he doesn’t truly have any idea on how he was going to talk with the blonde, he doesn’t want to be the one to break their deal but he really wants to know and to confirm it by himself whether Donghae is really leaving soon or he just misheard everything.

 

Stealing one last glance to his friend at the other side of the street Eunhyuk took a deep breath as he put his hood on so as to cover his face and started entering the bookstore.

 

As soon as he was inside he let his hood drop from his head, it wasn’t crowded in the area and he’s been able to find Donghae easily who was standing on the fourth row of bookshelves at the far corner of the store. His heart started beating frantically upon laying his eyes on the blonde, he is missing him so badly that Eunhyuk couldn’t help but to think that life is really punishing him with all the bad things he’d done to him. He knows that what he’s going to do will make Donghae mad, but nevertheless he’s already there so why will he back out?

 

“Just ask if it’s true then go,” he mumbled solely to himself, though he doesn’t know if he can really go when Donghae answers him with a yes.

 

The thought of approaching the blonde immediately didn’t cross his mind, instead he just found himself walking slowly to where Donghae is, prolonging the moment of being able to look at the younger one’s face from the distance. He stopped at the bookshelf two rows away from where the blonde is, Eunhyuk can see that Donghae was holding a few books in his arm while he uses his free hand as he scan for something else on the columns of books on the shelf.  Right then Eunhyuk remembered something that he had forgotten to check that morning.

 

His gaze shifted from the blonde’s face to its wrist. And there it is, hanging perfectly around his wrist, the thing that he loves to see on him every day. It has been part of his daily routine to check if Donghae is still wearing the antique looking bracelet he gave him right even before they left his father’s house. Seeing him wearing it only means one thing, Donghae still loves him.

 

FLASHBACK:

 

Monday morning and they were about to leave soon. He was in the middle of getting dressed when a small box under the sheath of his pile of clothes had caught his attention. He reached for it and then opens the lid of the box. How can he forget, it was the bracelet his mom left him before she left their house eight years ago. Though it’s been years he can still clearly remember what his mother told him about the antique bracelet:

 

When you grow up, you’ll definitely find yourself deeply in touch with someone. And when that time comes give this to that person, give it to someone you trust the most because that person will be the only one you’ll have when everyone seems to turn their backs on you.” his mother told him as she handed him the small box revealing an antique looking bracelet.

 

“How am I able to know whom should I give this to?” he asked looking at the jewelry inside the box with teary eyes knowing that their mom will soon be leaving him and his dad in any moment.

 

“We don’t know yet baby, but one day you will surely find that person. This is the only thing I can reward to the person who will be taking good care of you in the future. Hyukjae, love that person and care for her. Don’t make the same mistake me and your dad made. I love you baby,” She replied before giving him one last hug and kissing him on the forehead before picking up her suitcase on the floor and leave the grounds of their house with Kyuhyun with her.

 

 

He shook his head as he tried to get his thoughts away from the memories of the past, then he slid the small box in his pocket.

 

“Donghae,” he called the blonde who is getting dressed inside the bathroom.

 

“What?”

 

“I’m going down, hurry up okay?”

 

“Okay,” the blonde replied.

 

 

Upon getting downstairs he went pass the huge box in the living room that was filled with the toys he used to play during his childhood days.

 

“What are you going to do with those toys?” he asked their house maid who was about to leave the area.

 

“Your father had decided to give some of your old stuffs to the orphanage” the maid replied, right after Eunhyuk nodded the maid proceeded to the kitchen area.

 

He walked towards the huge box as he took the small box out of his pocket. He took a deep breath before placing it down together with the stuffs inside the box.

 

“No one deserves that anymore, so I better get rid of it,” he murmured to himself.

 

“Who are you talking to?” the voice of the younger male had startled him.

 

Eunhyuk’s forehead creased as he turned his head to look at the new comer, “None of your business”

 

Donghae rolled his eyes as he walked towards him, “Hey, what are those toys for?” he asked as he reached the huge box in the living room.

 

“They’ll be sent to the orphanage,” he shortly replied.

 

“Oh I see… the toys still look good as new, I bet the kids will love them,” Donghae said as he let his hands got through some of the toys in the box, checking and slightly playing on them.

 

“Tsk what are you doing? Let go of those stuffs can’t you see they’re dirty.” He scolded the younger male,

 

“They’re just dust, it’s okay,” he replied before gasping as he saw the small box inside the box. “Look this box looks pretty,” Donghae lifted the small box and showed it to Eunhyuk who was looking surprised.

 

“Yeah right, now put it back” Eunhyuk replied as he tried to grab the box the other was holding, but Donghae was fast to move his hands away.

 

“I’ll just take a look at what’s inside,” the blonde replied as he opened the lid of the box, he gasped for the second time as he saw the antique looking bracelet inside the box.

 

“Look, this isn’t a toy, is it?” he asked the older guy as he showed him what was inside the box.

 

Eunhyuk knowing what that was just shrugged his shoulders in reply.

 

“Is this real? It looks like one of those fancy jewelries that the kids use to play though it looks kind of old,” Donghae took the bracelet out of the box as he tried to examine it.

 

Eunhyuk who was looking at the other examining the antique jewelry was mind battling to himself whether he’ll give it to him or not, he wants to give it to him of course but what for? They’ll be parting anyway. But then he thought that Donghae doesn’t need to know of what the bracelet was truly is for.

 

Eunhyuk inhaled deeply before speaking up, “Let me see,” he told Donghae.

 

In response Donghae obediently handed the bracelet to him.

 

He tilted his head pretending that he was indeed examining the jewelry he was holding, “It’s just one of those fancy antique stuffs, i doubt that it’s real” he replied

 

“It looks pretty though,” Donghae commented.

 

“Do you want to keep it?” Eunhyuk asked him.

 

“Will you give it to me?” Donghae asked looking shocked.

 

Eunhyuk sighed as he reached for the other’s hand, to Donghae’s surprise Eunhyuk placed the bracelet around his wrist and before he could react the older guy had already locked the hooks of the jewelry. Eunhyuk then let go of the blondes hand surveying how the silver antique bracelet was hanging perfectly around Donghae’s wrist.

 

“S-so it’s mine?” Donghae asked blushing,

 

“It’s yours as long as you still love me,” Eunhyuk replied,

 

“You mean that I can wear this as long as I’m still in love with you?”

 

Eunhyuk nodded, “When you’ve finally moved on from loving me, and when the time comes that you had forgotten your feelings for me, then just threw that away no need to give it back.”

 

“I get it, so now I still have to wear it because I love you still,” Donghae smiled warmly at him, the kind of smile that was hiding pain but is still mixed with love.

 

He sighed heavily as he nodded.

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

He sighed and was about to approach Donghae but halted to a stop when Jeajoong suddenly came into view.

 

“Hae, I just have to use a phone. I’ll be outside for a minute, I’ll be back,” Jaejoong told Donghae,

 

Donghae nodded in response, “Okay,” he shortly replied and after that Jaejoong started walking away.

 

Right after Jaejoong was out of sight Eunhyuk gathered all the strength he has to make his feet move forward. Donghae’s back was facing him, he seemed to be busy searching a certain book on the shelf that Eunhyuk finds it easy to walk towards the blonde.

 

When Donghae had sensed that someone was standing behind him he slowly turned his body around and the shock on his face is something Eunhyuk has been expecting to see.

 

“Hi,” Eunhyuk’s voice was low and almost inaudible.

 

He didn’t get any response in return as Donghae started walking away from him. But Eunhyuk was fast and was able to block the latter’s way.

 

“What do you think you’re doing? I thought we had a deal,” Donghae said looking straight to the other’s eyes.

 

“Yes we had, I just need to know something,” he replied not breaking their eye contact.

 

“What?”

 

Eunhyuk sighed before asking his question, “Is it true that you’re going back to your school soon?”

 

Obviously Donghae was shock that Eunhyuk knows about that, “Who told you that?” he asked,

 

“It’s not important of who told me or where did I get that from. Just answer my question, is it true?”

 

“You see, I can leave whenever I want to. I’m just an exchange student and there’s no difference whether I’ll leave sooner or later.” He replied impassively.

 

“Why are you in a hurry to leave?”

 

“Why? You’re asking me why? Eunhyuk look at us, just look at us. We made promises and had agreed onto some deals but here we are, still talking to each other. We will never be able to move on if none of us will take the leave.” Donghae answered.

 

“Will it be easier for you to move on if you’ll be far away from me?” Eunhyuk’s voice was getting weaker and weaker.

 

“I believe it would be easier if we won’t be seeing each other,” he replied.

 

“When are you planning to leave?”

 

“Next month,”

 

Eunhyuk took a deep breath, “I see,”

 

Their conversation was interupted when a familiar voice started calling Eunhyuk’s name.

 

“Hey Hyukjae is that you?”

 

Eunhyuk turned around and saw his friend Changmin approaching them.

 

“What the hell are you doing here man? I told you I’m at the gasoline station, good thing I checked if you’re here,” Changmin told him and his gaze shifted from Eunhyuk to the blonde standing right behind his friend. “Don’t tell me you’re hanging around with that blonde,” he chuckled sarcastically as he scanned Donghae.

 

 

“Stop it now Changmin, I’m done here so let’s go,” Eunhyuk told his friend as he walk to grab his shoulder.

 

“What are you looking at huh?” Changmin exclaimed as he glared at Donghae who was looking straight to his face, shrugging Eunhyuk’s hand from his shoulder.

 

“I said stop it Changmin, don’t make a scene here,” Eunhyuk hissed at his friend.

 

“The heck, can’t you see how this freak was looking at me? he was looking as if I’m a piece of trash,” Changmin hissed back.

 

“Exactly, you and your small gang are all huge pieces of junk. Eunhyuk don’t deserve to have friends like you, you’re only ruining his image, and you’re ruining his life.” Donghae said with utmost courage in his voice.

 

“You ing bastard,” Changmin wasn’t able to walk closer to the blonde as Eunhyuk was taking a hold of his arm and was standing in between of the two.

 

“Changmin you stupid, stop it,” Eunhyuk hissed.

 

“What’s happening here?” Jaejoong’s voice made the three of them looks at his direction. He immediately went to Donghae’s side as he pulled the blonde away from the two.

 

“Donghae is there something wrong? Are these two trying to do something mean to you again?” Jaejoong asked his friend.

 

“Everything’s fine, don’t worry,” Donghae replied,

 

“Are you sure?” Jaejoong asked him again as he glared at both Eunhyuk and Changmin.

 

“Yes,” Donghae answered as he gave Changmin the same look,

“We should go now, come on,” Eunhyuk tugged the arm of his friend.

 

“This isn’t over yet blonde guy, I’ll make you pay for what you’ve said to us,” Changmin threatened as he wheeled his way to the exit.

 

“I’m sorry about that,” Eunhyuk apologized to the younger which made Jaejoong’s forehead creased but he didn’t dare to interfere with the two.

 

“Try to stop hanging around with those people, that’s the only thing I can say,” Donghae replied.

 

Eunhyuk just found himself shrugging his shoulders in reply, “I’m really sorry about what happened, I should go now,” he said before tearing his gaze from the brown orbs of the younger male’s eyes.

 

 

Now that he had confirmed it by himself, that Donghae will be leaving soon, he felt even more troubled. It was hard, maybe he better find a way to start moving on as well. He knows that telling Donghae that he loves him is not right, because it’s selfish knowing that those words would only worsen the pain the blonde was feeling. Like what he said before there’s no use of telling him anymore because it won’t help healing the wounds their love for one another had created. But there’s something inside him, a small part of himself telling him that this doesn’t have to end that way, if he can’t do anything to change everything and so he had decided to just let fate deicide.

 

 

--------------------------------

 

 

 

As promised here it is! ^^ an update! 

 

For the nth time yes i do have a twitter account XD i made an extra account and it's iamallrise 

no worries just follow me and i'll follow you back to be fair ;)