No Ordinary Love

No Ordinary Love

 

Chapter 20

 

Donghae did not expect the house to be that simple, it’s not the luxurious one he always thought because he knows that Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun’s dad is a very wealthy man. The house looks like the typical house for an average family, it looks friendly on the outside and looks very homey and he only hopes that the outside appearance is the same with those who were living inside.

 

“We only moved last year, Dad had decided that a huge house is too spacious for the both of us. And since I’m staying in the dorm it’s much better to let him do what he wants.” Eunhyuk spoke when he noticed Donghae’s curious face.

 

“It’s just the two of you in this house?” Donghae asked, the house looks like it is still bigger for two though.

 

“We had a maid and a dog,” Eunhyuk answered lazily as he search for the key in his pocket.

 

Eunhyuk took the key out of his pocket and was about to insert it in the keyhole when Donghae stopped his hand.

 

“At least tell me first why are you taking me here with you, I want to know now before I step inside that house.” Donghae told him.

 

Eunhyuk looked at him straight in the eyes as if having second thoughts whether he’ll tell him or not, he sighed before starting to speak, “In my entire life, my dad only knows one person whom I trust and who cares for me the most, he only knows about Krystal. And you’re here with me now because I want to show him that there’s someone else who cares for me and whom I trust the most. There, satisfied?” he raised an eyebrow at him.

 

Donghae could only lower his head to hide his blush, what Eunhyuk just said was echoing in his head. “Fine, I get it, just don’t do anything foolish” he replied.

 

“I can’t assure you that, but you need to promise me something today.”

 

He’s statement made Donghae’s forehead creased, “What makes you think I’ll promise anything to you? You won’t even promise me that you won’t do anything foolish today.”

 

“Shut up, you’ll do it anyway.” Eunhyuk replied casually, “So here’s the thing, you’re not allowed to talk about our deal when we get inside, you can’t mention anything that might happen tomorrow, and you’re not allowed to open up any topics about other people including my pregnant girlfriend”

 

The last two words made Donghae flinched, thinking of how Eunhyuk can speak so carelessly, “You really don’t care about her, do you? You only care about yourself” he said.

 

Eunhyuk smirked as he stepped closer to the blonde male, “If I don’t care about her, I won’t agree with that ing deal we made last night. Not because I planned to be with you today doesn’t mean I don’t care about her, she’s still important to me.”

 

Donghae tore his eyes from those pair of single lidded eyes, there’s a hint of pain that was obvious in his eyes as he shifted his gaze to the door, “Fine then, but you’re not allowed to say anything that will make it hard for me to let go, I don’t want to know your feelings. It’s enough that you know mine, but I don’t care anymore about how you feel for me.”

 

“Let’s see, I’ll try if I can do it,” Eunhyuk replied. “Done with your speech? Now, can we go inside?” he asked in a demanding tone to which Donghae replied with a nod.

 

It gives Donghae a relaxing feeling when they stepped inside the house, the interior looks bright and warm which made him feel at ease. It’s either Eunhyuk’s dad is a great interior designer or it’s just their maid who arranged everything. It looks simple yet the surrounding makes him feel comfortable.

 

“Your house looks beautiful, I like your dad’s taste for the furnitures, he’s the one who decides for the interiors right?” Donghae whispered softly.

 

“He’s good at almost anything aside from handling family matters,” Eunhyuk replied so casually as if he doesn’t care.

 

Donghae was about to scold at him when a man’s voice prevented him in doing so.

 

“Hyukjae son, is that you?” someone called not too far from the living room area. Hearing the man’s voice made Donghae more nervous than before, it was obviously Eunhyuk’s father.

 

Eunhyuk sighed “Who else would it be,”  he replied loud enough for the man in the other room to hear.

 

Then after half a minute a man on a wheelchair came into view. He still looks young maybe around forty years old and above, and Donghae can tell where the twins had inherited their good looks. Eunhyuk’s dad was smiling warmly as he wheeled his way towards them.

 

“Good morning Sir,” Donghae greeted the approaching man immediately.

 

“I can see that you’re with a friend today Hyukjae, I’m glad you’ve brought someone else aside from Krystal.” His father said though his eyes were fixed on Donghae, he halted to a stop when he’s just a feet away. “Mind to introduce your friend?” he asked gently.

 

“This is Lee Donghae, he’s an exchange student from Seoul Royal Academy.” He introduced the blonde to his father, “And Donghae this is my Dad,”

 

“It’s nice to meet you Donghae, you must be really intelligent to be in that school. I believe my son can also get in that academy if he wanted to,”

 

“Thank you sir, it’s a pleasure to meet you. I’m not that smart though, your sons are much more intelligent than I am.” Donghae replied courteously.

 

His father nodded without even erasing the smile on his face, “That’s why I’m really proud of them,” he said then he turned to face Eunhyuk, “You have such a nice friend, he must be really important to you because you wouldn’t bring him here if he’s not. Is he a best friend of yours?”

 

“Well, you can say that, but we are more than that though,” Eunhyuk replied, and his words made Donghae froze on his place.

 

His father chuckled, “More than being best friends?  You mean like brothers?  So you’ve finally found an additional sibling,”

 

“Nope, it’s more on like being partners.” Eunhyuk was quick to speak, “We’re hungry, make HyoRi prepare something for breakfast, I’ll bring Donghae upstairs so we can change, we’ll be staying here for the night.” he told him, not giving his father enough time to think about what he meant to say earlier. He grabbed Donghae’s hand as he lead him towards the stairs.

 

“Hyukjae, I can see that you are indeed growing up and becoming a totally different person, son if you don’t mind  I think we need to talk,” his father spoke even before they could reach the stairs, his eyes were still as gentle as before, though there’s a mixture of worry now in his face.

 

“Yes we will talk, later.” Eunhyuk replied as he held Donghae with him upstairs.

 

Upon getting upstairs where no eyes can see them anymore Donghae immediately shook his hand off the older male’s grip.

 

“What’s wrong with you, us? Partners?  I swear if you’ll say one more thing to your dad I’m leaving,” Donghae hissed as he pries his hand off Eunhyuk’s grip.

 

“I don’t see anything wrong with what I said,” Eunhyuk replied as he opened the door to his bedroom.

 

“How can you say that, what will your father think, obviously he understood what you meant to say, what will he think about me,”  Donghae kept of talking as he followed Eunhyuk inside the room.

 

Eunhyuk turned his heels around to face the blabbering blonde, “Look, he is a smart person, even if I don’t say it he will surely notice and he will know. So it’s much better if I tell him straight.”

 

“What if he gets angry?”

 

“Did you see his face down there? Did you see him raised his voice at me or even scowled at us?”

 

“No, but--”

 

“Shut it now Donghae, don’t worry dad won’t kill us,” Eunhyuk cut him off, he sighed as he headed towards his closet.

 

Donghae breathe as much oxygen as he can to calm himself down. Eunhyuk’s behavior towards his dad was beyond unbelievable. He talks to him like he wasn’t his dad at all, he talks like he was always in a hurry, like he don’t want to spend much time having a long conversation with his dad. But he finds Eunhyuk’s dad nice and calm. He just hopes that Eunhyuk’s father will still be as calm and nice to him after what Eunhyuk said a while ago.

 

Donghae walks across the room, letting his eyes wander around the area. The thing that had caught his attention was the huge shelf occupying the vast wall of Eunhyuk’s room. It was full of anime figures and miniature cartoon characters. The shelf looks exactly the same as those of the malls at the kid section where assorted toys could be found. From what Donghae can see it was obvious that One Piece was Eunhyuk’s favorite because it out-numbered the other figurine stuffs.

 

The room has been a boy’s playground. Everything has been a boy’s possession, the brown couch, the metal basket with baseball bat and golf clubs in it and was full of different kinds of ball; soccer, basketball, football. The basketball ring attached on the wall, the posters of well known sports idols and anime, everything was once owned by a boy, a kid who has grown up into a totally different man. The only changes were the huge flat screen TV, the laptop on the study table, the pile of men’s magazine on a rack, and the huge bed meant for a teenager to use.

 

“Do you want to change your clothes? You can borrow mine,” Eunhyuk’s voice broke his line of thoughts.

 

Donghae turned his body around to face the latter and saw Eunhyuk in a black wife beater, gray pants and slippers. He looks simple yet striking, he never dressed like that in the dorm, he’s always on a shirt or a sweater.

 

“Maybe I’ll just change my shirt, a t-shirt will do,” Donghae replied as he looks down at his blue collared tops.

 

And just a few seconds Eunhyuk came back with a shirt in hand, “Here,” he said as he handed the shirt to the blonde. Donghae sat on the bed as he ed his shirt and then quickly put on the plain white shirt.

 

Eunhyuk sat on the opposite edge of the bed, resting his elbows on his knees as he massages his temples.

 

“You have such an adorable room, mine was full of stuff toys and books, no fun at all.” Donghae started.

 

“I thought you’ll say Barbie dolls, and doll houses,” Eunhyuk chuckled low.

 

Donghae grimaced, “It’s not funny,”

 

“Yes it is. No wonder you’ve grown up so feminine you’ve been surrounded by boring books and cuddly stuffed toys.” Eunhyuk replied as he kept his hands on his temples.

 

Donghae sighed in annoyance, “I’m an only child, and they are really cautious of the things they should give me, it’s unfair because I wasn’t able to enjoy my childhood.”

 

For some reason Eunhyuk felt the need to ask questions about Donghae, “What kind of parents do you have?” he asked.

 

“I have a very strict but generous father and very loving and supportive mother. Sometimes I can’t help to think that it’s my mom’s fault why I ended up like this, she babies me a lot, until now” Donghae replied and was oblivious of the huge smile on his face while speaking of his mom.

 

“Are you happy with them?”

 

“Of course! Who wouldn’t be happy with their own family, even though mom and dad were having fights often we are still a happy family.” But Donghae knew why Eunhyuk had asked that question, because he wasn’t happy with his family.

 

“My mom and dad also had fights often when I was a kid that’s why they got separated, funny how your parents didn’t resolve to that.”

 

“Maybe because our cases are different, mom’s just very sensitive and will react to the smallet thing she’ll notice, good thing dad’s patient towards her, he’s not that patient to me though, he gets easily angry at me.”

 

“No matter what I do, dad never gets angry at me, it was my mom who gets angry all the time.”

 

“So what do you usually do to make up with her?” Donghae asked.

 

Eunhyuk chuckled sarcastically, “Nothing, she won’t buy it anyway.”

 

“Whenever my dad gets angry I always make sure I will make him feel better after that. When he’s mad at me I used to call him father in a number of languages I know, then he will laugh and we we’ll be okay. It made me wonder how it feels like to be called ‘dad’ because it really makes him happy, well I’m afraid it will take long for me to find out, but you, you will be a father soon.” he said. His voice getting lower as his sentence ends.

 

Eunhyuk sighed loudly, “I told you you’re not allowed to open that up” he said, raising his voice a bit.

 

“Sorry,” Donghae muttered. He moved closer to the older when he noticed that he’s acting weird, hanging his shoulders down while massaging his temples.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” Donghae asked softly as he sat beside Eunhyuk.

 

“It’s nothing,” Eunhyuk replied short.

 

Donghae sighed, “How could it be nothing, are you feeling sick?” he asked as he place a hand over the Eunhyuk’s forehead.

 

Eunhyuk groaned as he removed the latter’s hand from his forehead, “I told you it’s nothing, I’m not sick,” he told him as he looks at Donghae in the eyes.

 

“Then why are you--” Donghae wasn’t able to finish his sentence as he noticed the dark circles under the older guy’s eyes. He kept on avoiding to look at him the entire morning and he tried to distance himself away from him that’s why he only notice him now.

 

Donghae felt like his heart is being stabbed just by seeing him looking all tired and stressed out. Those dark circles under Eunhyuk’s eyes prove that he wasn’t able to get some sleep last night. Donghae thought that maybe he had a hard time thinking about the mess he just got himself into that’s why he wasn’t able to get some sleep.

 

“You haven’t slept last night have you?” Donghae asked,

 

“I had a nice sleep last night,” he replied and was about to stand up when Donghae pulled him down again.

 

“Liar, how dare you tell me earlier that I look like a zombie because I cried all night when you look like one as well with those dark circles under your eyes,” Donghae told him.

 

Eunhyuk chuckled cynically, “People won’t die just because they haven’t slept for a night.”

 

It worries Donghae so much, Eunhyuk looks all tired but he still won’t even let his guards down. “I know you’re strong and you can bear everything unlike me, and seeing you like this kills me,”

 

“Look, I’m fine okay… I can take a nap later,”

 

“It’s only eight in the morning you can still rest for an hour or two, you need it.” Donghae told him.

 

 “Our maid is already preparing breakfast”

 

“I’m not yet hungry, I’ll feel more relieved if I’ll see you having even just a short sleep”

 

Eunhyuk shook his head as he turned to look at a different direction, turning his back from Donghae, “I’m not that type of person whom you should be worrying that much, you should know that.”

 

Donghae closed the tiny space between them as he wrapped his arms around Eunhyuk’s waist, resting his head against the latter’s back. Doing so made him feel how much he missed Eunhyuk. It’s been only a day but it felt as if weeks had already passed.

 

“Please Hyukjae,” Donghae muttered,

 

Eunhyuk sighed, “Does my lack of sleep really matter?” he asked in an annoyed tone.

 

“Yes, because you look horrible and I don’t like it. If you won’t sleep even just for two hours I won’t eat” Donghae nagged.

 

“And if I sleep what can I get in return?”  Eunhyuk asked, obviously wanting a compromise between them.

 

“Isn’t it enough that those darks circles under your eyes will fade away,” Donghae replied putting humor in his answer though he obviously get what Eunhyuk meant.

 

“Then I’ll just probably keep them,” Eunhyuk retorted as he tried to pry Donghae’s arms from him.

 

“No,” Donghae snapped as he tighten his embrace to him, “Fine, I’ll give you anything you want, as long as you sleep first you can have anything,”

“Are you sure? You’ll give me anything?”

 

The younger nodded, “Anything, so please take some rest”

 

Donghae then let go as Eunhyuk turns his body around, “Deal,” he mumbled.

 

Donghae smiled at him proving himself wrong when he thought that he will never display a smile at Eunhyuk ever again. He crawled on the bed as he sat on the center, he took a pillow and placed it on his lap.

 

“I’ll just wake you up after two hours,” Donghae said as he patted the pillow on his lap.

 

Eunhyuk sighed in defeat as he crawled on the bed towards the blonde, and before lying down he was quick to place a peck on the latter’s lips, even though how many times Eunhyuk had kissed him unexpectedly, Donghae would never get used to it.

 

Eunhyuk smirked as he lay his head down on the pillow on Donghae’s lap. He close his eyes as buried his face against the younger’s stomach.

 

“I can tell if you’re asleep or not, so don’t fake it,” Donghae warned him. He didn’t get any response back and so just ended up playing the overgrown hair of the lying male.

 

Not long after, he smiled when he heard Eunhyuk lightly snoring in his sleep. Donghae moved a bit so he can rest his back against the headboard, he yawned and he’ll be lying to himself if he will say that he too doesn’t need any sleep. Before he can even close his eyes he heard someone knocking on the door, for some weird but sweet reason his immediate reflex was to cover the ears of the sleeping male, hoping that the noise hadn’t wake Eunhyuk up.

 

“Come in” Donghae spoke.

 

At first he thought the person outside hadn’t heard him but when he heard the door being opened he felt relieved. Eunhyuk’s father on his wheelchair came into view and Donghae could only bit his lips as his face turned tomato red. Even though Eunhyuk’s dad was smiling warmly at him he can’t help but to feel shy, and the fact that Eunhyuk was sleeping soundly on his lap only proves what kind of relationship both of them have.

 

“Well, this is surprising” Eunhyuk’s dad said as he wheeled towards the bed.

 

“I’m sorry sir,” Donghae lowered his head; his heart beating faster.

 

“No, no Donghae don’t be sorry. It’s just really surprising that you made him sleep on your lap. I believe if Krystal can only see you, she’ll be very envious.” Eunhyuk’s father chuckled  heartily.

 

“I was about to call the two of you to say that the breakfast is ready” Eunhyuk’s dad told Donghae, despite seeing them in that state he was still as calm as before and it made Donghae relaxed a  little.

 

“I’m sorry sir, is it okay if we’ll just eat later? I really need to make sure Hyukjae gets some sleep, he wasn’t able to get enough sleep last night.” Donghae spoke softly.

 

Eunhyuk’s dad glanced at his son as nodded in reply, “I guess I’ll just tell HyoRi to reserve the food for later.” Then he glanced up to Donghae.

 

“I’m thankful that there’s someone who is willing to take good care of my son, I’m not that good of a father to him so I’m hoping you’ll continue to care for him unconditionally. I don’t care who will give him the love I failed to give, as long as he’s happy I can deal with it.”

 

“You’re not even angry at the slightest?” Donghae asked,

 

“Maybe I am a bit disapproving about it, but who am I to judge? I’ve been married to a woman for almost fifteen years and had my children with her but only to got divorced because we’re neither the ones each other needs.”

 

“But he doesn’t need me though. He told me once that he admires me but it’s totally different compared to what feel for him,”

 

“That’s not true, you won’t be here if he doesn’t need you. And I can tell that you are really special to my son.”

 

Donghae blushed hearing those words coming from Eunhyuk’s father, “Thank you sir, I don’t know what else to say other than being thankful.”

 

Eunhyuk’s dad nodded, it was amazing how he can display a smile for too long. None of the twins can smile like that, too bad they didn’t inherited that trait to their father.

 

“Please be good to him, well I better leave to give you some privacy, I can see that you need to take some rest as well”

 

Right after Donghae nodded in reply Eunhyuk’s dad started wheeling his way out of the room. Donghae sighed in relief he didn’t expect that he’ll be having that kind of conversation to Eunhyuk’s dad. He was really grateful that Eunhyuk’s dad is being nice to him, he didn’t expect everything to be so easy. Maybe life is being kind to him today since it is going to be his last day with Eunhyuk, and he can only wish that time would run slow. Just by thinking of the possibilities that might happen made him light-headed, and before he knew it he was asleep.

 

-----

 

How can I not end this fic? XDDD Well… I’ve tried my best to prolong this fic since a lot had bombard me with request if I can add few more chapters. I’ve already thought of some plots to add on the succeeding chapters it didn’t change anything in the story though, well I only added 2 more chapters.

I wasn't able to check this before posting so there might be some grammatical errors, so sorry >< 

updates really depends on the comments i got, the fewer i receive the lazier i become XD so if you really want me to update faster leave your comments ^0^