No Ordinary Love

No Ordinary Love

 

Chapter 10

 

 

 “You shouldn’t have joined him on his way home, you’ve almost got beaten up.” Kyuhyun kept on scolding Donghae all throughout the day. It was eight in the evening but he kept on bringing up the topic, trying to knock some sense out of his friend.

 

“You should learn your lessons from what had happen, they are used in those kinds of situations and you’re not, so stop making friends with Hyukjae.”  Kyuhyun continued on as he watched Donghae fixing his things inside the backpack Kyuhyun lend him since the guy had bought a lot of snacks for their fieldtrip tomorrow Donghae had needed a bigger backpack, and Kyuhyun was just  kind that he let Donghae borrow his’.

 

“Kyuhyun, I already told you nothing bad happened to me. Your twin brother saved me I should be really thankful to him.” Donghae replied as he zipped the backpack close.

 

“But what if those people had recognized you? Huh? And in the first place you wouldn’t be that grateful to him if he hadn’t dragged you in that mess.”

 

Donghae took a deep breath, “I’ve realized, he could have just leave me back there. He can run alone and it would be much less of a burden for him. But Eunhyuk didn’t, he didn’t left me behind.”

 

“Fine. But what about my first question? What if those people had recognized you?”

 

Donghae thought for it for some seconds, what if those guys had recognized him? He’ll be in a big trouble if ever he’ll cross paths with that group again. He shrugged the thoughts away and instead he said to himself that there’s no way he’ll ever see those guys again, though he himself wasn’t that fully convinced.

 

So instead of answering Kyuhyun’s question, Donghae decided to just ease his way out of it, “Well… I have you, I have Jaejoong and Henry. You wouldn’t leave me guys, right?” Donghae beamed a smile at him,

 

“Of course we won’t. But what if we just all got beaten up? We’re not that skilled in fighting.” Kyuhyun chuckled.

 

 “Then I guess that’s when Nurse Jessica’s part comes.” Donghae said, and both of them started laughing.

 

When they stopped laughing Kyuhyun spoke up, “So, starting tomorrow you should try to stay away from him, as a friend I’m just concerned.” Kyuhyun said and he sounded serious about it.

 

Donghae just shrugged his shoulders in reply.

 

“Stop being so hardheaded now, Donghae it’s also for your own good.” Kyuhyun said.

 

“But I haven’t thanked him yet for yesterday.” Donghae frowned at him, “He’s been locking himself inside his room the whole day, and I haven’t seen him yet because he woke up earlier before I did.”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head, “Don’t tell me I didn’t warned you,” he sighed, “Since you’re done packing everything up for tomorrow I’ll be going back in my room,” and he ended his sentence with a yawn.

 

Donghae chuckled, “Thanks for letting me borrow your backpack,” he said hugging the fully packed-looking backpack, “Sleep tight Kyuhyuna…”

 

Kyuhyun nodded, “We need to wake up early tomorrow so you better sleep early tonight as well,” he said and as Donghae nodded in reply he then walked out of the room.

 

----

 

Donghae should be sleeping by now, but he can’t even bear to close his eyes for a length of a minute. He kept on having flashbacks of that Saturday night. A smile kept on reappearing on his face whenever he remembers that he was able to make a conversation with him; that he made Eunhyuk talk to him, how Eunhyuk tried to hold his hands tightly while they were running away from that small gang of four, Eunhyuk’s voice calling out his name kept on repeating on his mind and how he wish he had recorded that. But of course Donghae also feels troubled, how he wanted to tell the guy of how badly he wanted him, he’s mind battling with himself once again if he’ll confess or just keep it a secret to himself alone so he can save his self from the humiliation. He sighed heavily as he raised himself from the bed.

 

“Can’t you be honest about your feelings even just for once? Huh Donghae? Just give it a try you can do it, right?” he mumbled; talking to himself. He shook his head before he slowly lies himself down on his bed but before his back could even touch the soft mattress he raised his body and sat straight up again. “Ugh, what’s wrong with me? No matter how hard I’ll try he’ll never accept me anyway, so what’s the point of telling him? Just shut it Donghae.” he said as he raised himself completely from the bed and walked out of his room to get some water in the kitchen.

 

Upon walking passed the living room he saw that it was still just eleven in the evening. He still have five more hours to sleep, he thought.

 

Donghae froze as he stepped inside the kitchen area. He wasn’t expecting to see him there, though he felt incomplete for not being able to see him the entire day.

 

“What’s with that face?” Eunhyuk said. He was sitting on the table eating noodles when Donghae suddenly came into view looking shocked with his eyes widely opened.

 

“I-I just thought that everyone were already sleeping,” Donghae replied as he suddenly became self conscious. “I was thirsty so I came down here to get some water,” he continued on as he started walking towards the refrigerator while combing his hair with his fingers.

 

After drinking two glasses of water Donghae placed the mug down the sink. He slowly spun himself around to look at the guy eating silently on the table.

 

“Uhm… Eunhyuk?” Donghae had gathered all his strength to call him.

 

Eunhyuk didn’t responded, instead he lazily tilted his head to look at him.

 

“Thank you for last night.”

 

“And?” Eunhyuk said as if expecting that Donghae will say more than being thankful.

 

“I guess that’s all I wanted to say?” Donghae replied sounding unsure of his answer.

 

Eunhyuk grunted loudly, “So you’re not even going to apologize? I paid for the taxi, and then what? You fell asleep in the cab and I ended up carrying you home and your grocery bags.” He sounds irritated.

 

 “I’m sorry, I didn’t know. I’m so sorry.” Donghae was quick to answer, he suddenly felt a spasm of shame for he didn’t even have thought about that.

 

Eunhyuk didn’t responded again and just shook his head instead as he went back on eating.

 

“How much did it cost? I’ll give your money back, just don’t get mad.” Donghae offered.

 

“I don’t need it.” he snapped.

 

“B-but you’re still mad? You’re still mad at me, right?” Donghae asked in a gentle voice but only to receive a harsh reply in return as Eunhyuk banged the table loudly with his fist.

 

“You know what? I was starting to regret helping you out of that mess, maybe I should’ve just left you there behind.” his single lidded eyes looks scary at he scowled at the blonde male.

 

“But you didn’t.” Donghae replied back.

 

“And now I’m starting to regret it,” Eunhyuk snapped.

 

“I don’t get it why you’re always mad at me thou--” but Eunhyuk didn’t let him finish.

 

“How many times do I have to tell you that I don’t like you? Huh? You kept on asking if I’m angry at you? of course I am! Simply because I hate every single thing about you.”

 

Donghae couldn’t help but to close his eyes while Eunhyuk were throwing those harsh words at him. After making sure that the older was done with his words Donghae slowly opened his eyes but didn’t dared to look at him, instead he chose to faced the floor.

 

“I thought after what had happened last night, I can finally speak with you freely or hang around with you much often. Thanks for proving me wrong.” Donghae took a deep breath as he started walking out of the kitchen, but then he remembered something which made him stop before reaching the doorway, “I was thinking of why didn’t we took the short cut on our way home last night from the mall, instead you lead us to a longer route.” He spoke up without even turning his body around to face the other.

Donghae’s back was facing the other so he didn’t saw when Eunhyuk’s eyes widened and his jaw clenched as he froze on his seat.

“I just feel like saying that. Goodnight.” Sadness could be traced in his voice. And then he started walking out as he went back in his room.

 

He tried his best not to let a single tear escape from his eyes. He won’t cry, not tonight, for tomorrow’s gonna be a big day. He succeeded when the next thing he knew was that he was drifting deep into sleep.

-----

 

 

“Everyone please fall in line now.” The teachers kept on raising their voice so the noisy crowd of students will hear them.

 

“We need to reach our next destination so if you want to spend more time in the theme park please cooperate, now.” One of the teachers said and it caught the attention of the students as they all began to fall in line preparing to leave their first stop which is the planetarium.

 

Everyone started riding their specific bus’ as they started leaving the place. It’s a one bus per section. The seating arrangement goes the same with their classroom arrangement, so whoever were their seatmates in the class will also be their seatmates in the bus.

 

Donghae couldn’t be more grateful that he was seatmates with Kyuhyun and Jessica. He was proud of himself that he’s been able to ignore Eunhyuk the entire morning and not even looking at him. It was hard though, he really wanted to lay his eyes on him even just for a second but he told himself that he won’t do it as long as he can bear it, he won’t look at Eunhyuk, he shouldn’t.

 

Kyuhyun who was sitting near the window was busy on his game, as always. Both Jessica and Donghae were in the middle of checking out their pictures taken at the planetarium in their cameras when Donghae suddenly asked her a question.

 

“Jessica? Were there times you find punishing yourself when you did something stupid? Or when things had gone out of your plan?” he asked.

 

“What’s with the sudden question?” Jessica chuckled, Donghae just simply shrug his shoulders.

 

“Well… I remembered not eating lunch and dinner after our team lose in a game because of me.” then she pouted as she faked a sad face.

 

Donghae chuckled, “Next time think of another punishment for yourself aside from that one, do you know how skinny you already are?”

 

“I only did that once, I don’t usually do stuffs like punishing myself when things went wrong. It’s weird you’re asking me that question, do I look like that kind of person?” Jessica asked as she playfully crossed her arms and gave Donghae a scary look.

 

Donghae laughed softly, “No, I know one who does that and I was just curious if some people does that too.”

 

“But there’s a thing I always used to do whenever I try to prevent myself from doing stupid things, or controlling myself.” Jessica said.

 

And what’s that?”

 

“I used to do this” she said as she tugged the ends of her hair and started pulling it but more lightly for she was just demonstrating.

 

Both of them started laughing, “Seriuosly?” Donghae asked.

 

“Yes,” Jessica chuckled, “But I only do that when no one’s around”

 

“Sometimes I do this” Jessica continued on as she fisted her left hand and started hitting her head lightly.

 

“Stop that, seriously you do that? don’t let someone see you doing that to yourself they might think you’re crazy,” Donghae said laughing at Jessica.

 

Jessica shrugged her shoulders, “It became a habit for me though. I find that helpful. I advice that you should try that sometimes.” She said when suddenly a hand smacked the back of her head lightly.

 

“You and you’re crazy weird habits. Are you planning to make Donghae as crazy and weird as you are?” Kyuhyun told her.

 

Jessica elbowed him in return before she stuck her tongue out at him.

 

Even before the two of them started strangling each other’s neck, their classmates including their group turned silent as the students heard their teacher scolding someone at the back of the bus.

 

“You two are the most irresponsible 18 years old teenagers I’ve ever seen” Mr. Park scolded them.

 

Donghae stretched his body to look whom the teacher was scolding at since he was sitting along the aisle of the bus. The moment he saw that it was Changmin who was also sitting near the center aisle, there’s no doubt that the other one their teacher was also referring to was Eunhyuk. He sighed as he turned his body around, ignoring the commotion happening at the back.

 

“Both of you had been too much already, You had given me no choice but to set the two of you apart from each other.” Mr. Park told them.

 

Kyuhyun and Jessica were having their quiet fight which leave Donghae eavesdropping with what was happening at the back.

 

“Take all your things with you Changmin and transfer to another seat.”

 

Donghae could hear the guy getting his things from the noisy sound that Changmin was intentionally doing.

 

“Now, exchange seats with Mr. Lee Donghae.” Mr. Park commanded him, Donghae almost dropped his camera after hearing whose name their teacher just called. Donghae even heard Changmin sighing loudly.

 

“Mr. Lee Donghae?” Mr. Park called him,

 

Donghae quickly raised himself from his seat to look at their teacher, “Yes Sir?”

 

“Would you mind exchanging seats with Changmin?” he asked,

 

And how could Donghae possibly turn down that question, it was their teacher who was asking him a favor, and so he ended up shaking his head, “No Sir,” he replied as he grabbed his things up with him.

 

Jessica pouted, “It’s okay, we’ll still be hanging around at the park later.” Donghae told her, “besides you got Kyuhyun” he chuckled.

 

Before Donghae left them he saw Kyuhyun switching places with Jessica, which made Kyuhyun sitting in the middle and Jessica near the window.

 

“Hi” Donghae greeted Sohee as soon as he reached their row, he was still trying to avoid looking at Eunhyuk.

 

“Hi, sit down please,” Sohee smiled at him. Donghae placed his backpack down as he settled himself on the seat.

 

“Now, the two of you are not allowed to be together until this fieldtrip ends, you’ll stay with your new group when we reached our next stop, understand?” Mr. Park told them,

 

Donghae’s shoulders dropped low upon hearing what their teacher said. It only means that his time with his friends at the park will be limited.

 

“If ever I got a report that the both of you had disobeyed what I said I’ll tell the vice principal to get you out of the top students list” He didn’t mentioned Eunhyuk’s name for he was obviously looking at him so there’s no need to say his name.

 

“I’m warning you Lee Hyukjae” Mr. Park said, “including you over there!” he raised his voice as he called Changmin’s attention. Mr. Park gave them one last look before walking back to his seat infront.

 

“It’s kind’a hard to handle two immature boys. Sorry you had to be separated from your friends.” Sohee said side-eyeing the other guy sitting beside her.

 

 “No, its fine with me, you don’t have to say sorry” Donghae replied with a smile.

 

“But you’re going to be stucked with Hyukjae and I for the rest of the day at the theme park.”

 

That fact obviously saddened Donghae but he forced his self to smile, “Well… we can’t do anything about it anymore. I should also apologize, sorry if you have to spend the rest of the day with me.” Donghae smiled awkwardly.

 

“Honestly, you just saved me from baby-sitting two immature boys” Sohee chuckled, “Let’s just try our best to have fun when we get there.” She said.

 

“Right,” Donghae replied.

 

---

 

 

Upon reaching the amusement park Donghae tried his best to have fun at least with Sohee; because he was still avoiding Eunhyuk. Donghae kept on ignoring even the side comments and the sarcastic words the other was giving the entire two hours of their tour in the park. He just smiles whenever the situation needed him to smile or to laugh. He only talks when Sohee was asking him questions. How he love to talk with her but the fact that Eunhyuk was with them stopped him from talking any further.

 

Eunhyuk’s right hand was handcuffed with Sohee’s left hand to prevent the guy from getting away, same goes with Changmin whose hand was handcuffed with Kyuhyun. Donghae can see how irritated Kyuhyun was when the teacher gave them handcuffs to keep their immature classmates away from each other. Donghae was thankful that Sohee was kind enough to volunteer herself to be tied up with Eunhyuk.

 

But the worse only came when Sohee needed to take her medication which required her to go back inside the bus to take a rest because of her condition. All Donghae’s effort of ignoring him and bearing the want to look at him the entire day evaporated into the thin air when Mr. Park transferred the handcuff to him.

 

Both of them ended up sitting on a bench after Eunhyuk dragged him there without speaking a word. They spent almost half an hour just sitting there, Donghae’s eye were roaming around the place, envying the students having such a great time with their friends unlike him who got stocked with someone who doesn’t know how to have fun. He wasn’t paying attention with the guy sitting beside him so he doesn’t have any idea what was he doing, all Donghae knew was the back of their hands were almost touching, feeling the warmth of each other’s skin.

 

Donghae flinched when he felt Eunhyuk tugging his hands with the handcuff.

“Get up, I’m ing bored I want to walk around” Eunhyuk said,

 

Donghae glanced up at the standing figure then sighed before raising himself from the bench without saying a word.

 

“I can’t imagine I’m stuck here with you” Eunhyuk kept on repeating that sentence all throughout their walk.

“Right, great, don’t talk,” He sighed loudly, “What? Did you had your tongue cut out?” he exclaimed. And in addition to Eunhyuk’s growing annoyance Donghae just shrugged his shoulders in reply not even looking at him.

 

“Fine then, I’ll make you open your mouth.” Eunhyuk muttered solely to himself.

 

“Let’s ride that one” Eunhyuk said pointing at the roller coaster. He smirked when he saw Donghae gulped by the sight of the ride he had chosen.

 

Donghae swear he really wanted to beg Eunhyuk to just choose another ride aside from the roller coaster but he fought it, and he regretted on not even trying. He find himself screaming as the roller coaster went into several spins and turns while Eunhyuk was just shouting along with the extremes and just laughing beside him. Donghae even thought that it’ll be the end of him, and thankfully he survived and was still alive upon getting off the ride.

 

Donghae’s knees were still trembling as they walked away from the monster ride with Eunhyuk laughing beside him.

 

“You look so freaking funny back there” He said in the middle of his laughs. “Let’s go for another round huh, what you think?” he teased.

 

Donghae’s eyes widened as he glanced at the guy beside him, “Hell no, I can’t bear to have another round in that roller coaster, just please choose a nicer one to ride.” Donghae let out his plead, and he had to bit his lower lip for he forgot that he shouldn’t suppose to be talking to him.

 

“Fine, let’s just take the Viking this time,” Eunhyuk said as he dragged Donghae along.

 

“I don’t like that idea either,” Donghae said as he protested in going with him.

 

“But I want to and you can’t do anything about that, can you?” Eunhyuk threatened him.

 

Donghae knew he shouldn’t talk back so he sighed and let his shoulders hung low instead as he let Eunhyuk drag him again towards the Viking.

 

Another round of screaming had escaped from Donghae’s mouth as the Viking swung mercilessly back and forth, though it was more bearable this time than that of the roller coaster he can’t help but to scream at the top of his lungs.

 

They started walking around the area again and Donghae was thinking of a way to have his revenge. And upon seeing one of the tallest rides in the amusement park he finally thought of one, Donghae tugged Eunhyuk’s hands.

 

“Let’s ride that one” he said pointing at the huge ferris wheel.

 

Eunhyuk’s forehead creased upon seeing what Donghae was pointing at, “What are you? A four years old kid?”

 

“I don’t care, I want to take a ride on that one.”

 

“We won’t,” Eunhyuk said as he started dragging Donghae along with him but Donghae pulled back his arms.

 

“So, you’re not going to move huh?” Eunhyuk said.

 

“I just want a decent ride before you started dragging me somewhere unbearable again”

 

Eunhyuk sighed loudly shaking his head as he let himself be dragged by Donghae towards the Ferris wheel.

 

Upon getting there Eunhyuk’s jaw almost dropped as he saw how long the line in that ride was. Of course Donghae knew how Eunhyuk have problems with his patience and he just want to piss the guy off a little by letting him fall in line in that long line of students.

 

“I changed my mind, just take the carousel if that will make you happy” Eunhyuk told him.

 

Donghae shook his head, “No, we’ll take this ride” he insisted.

 

“Can’t you see how long the ing line was? Don’t tell me we’re going to spend hours just to take that ride?” Eunhyuk said over gritted teeth.

 

“I won’t go anywhere, we’ll take this ride.” Donghae said firmly as he embraced one of the metal railings  along the line to prevent Eunhyuk from dragging him away.

 

“Ugh… ,” Eunhyuk cursed under his breath.

 

They’ve been lining up for almost an hour and Donghae could see that his plan was indeed working as he saw Eunhyuk shaking his head and stomping his feet in irritation while he was just humming carelessly beside him. Donghae then removed one of his earphones to share it with him when Eunhyuk flinched away.

 

“I know you’re bored” Donghae told him, his right hand still offering the earphone. “Take it, music can lessen the boredom” he said.

 

Eunhyuk was just eyeing the earphone Donghae was offering, It looks like he was thinking whether he’ll accept it or not. When Donghae got impatient he took the initiative to put the earphone on the older guy’s right ear. His move made Eunhyuk flinched but Eunhyuk didn’t protested, and it made Donghae smile as he succeeded in putting the earphone on the other's ear.

 

“What are you smiling at? You look stupid” Eunhyuk told him.

 

“I don’t care, smiling not only adds years to your life, it also adds life to your years.” Donghae told him, though he wasn’t sure if Eunhyuk was listening to him as he saw the guy staring at the huge crowd of students lining up behind them.

 

“These are all bunch of stupid people,” Eunhyuk said as he looks at the growing number of students lining up for the ferris wheel. “They are all as stupid as you are, lining up for hours just to experience short minutes of ride.” He continued.

 

“You’re not the first person I heard complaining about that” Donghae said. “They say people falling in line for a ride in amusement parks are insane, they wait for several hours just to experience a five to ten minutes ride. But actually it makes sense, they just don’t mind waiting. They look for happiness though they know… it takes time.” There was more into Donghae’s words that he wanted Eunhyuk to figure out.

 

Eunhyuk had a hard time digesting what Donghae just said, he can tell that there’s another meaning for his explanation but he didn’t dared to ponder on it.

 

Both of them went silent after that, both were just listening to the music from Donghae’s I-phone as they waited for the line to move. Donghae didn’t hear Eunhyuk’s complains  after that. He should feel disappointed because his plan just failed, and he knows that part of it was his fault, but he can’t feel a even a slight disappointment instead he was feeling very warm and happy inside. He can’t bear seeing Eunhyuk getting angry and annoyed, though it’s inevitable not to anger him because of his patience. All Donghae wanted for now was for them to spend the remaining time together without pissing him off, he don’t care if Eunhyuk will drag him at the roller coaster again after that, as long as he was enjoying Donghae’s company he can bear it even though it means laughing at him and teasing him.

 

After three hours of waiting they finally had their turn.

 

“Woah… it’s beautiful up here,” Donghae said as the ride took them up higher,

 

“I can’t believe I wasted three hours of my life lining up for this boring ride,” Eunhyuk retorted,

 

Donghae smiled at him, “If you like let’s take another round at the roller coaster” he invited with much enthusiasm in his voice.

 

Eunhyuk frowned, he was puzzled by Donghae’s sudden interest in riding the roller coaster again.

 

“You sure?” he asked raising an eyebrow, and Donghae nodded in reply.

 

“Deal.” Eunhyuk smirked as he looked down at the people on the ground who looks like ants moving around the huge amusement park.

 

------------