THE MISSION

Dara's Status

Today is the last stop of my “One of a Kind World Tour”. I can’t express the happiness that I am feeling right now. Tonight, I will do something unexpected that will definitely surprise everyone. I am really hoping that my little stunt will be successful because my future and my happiness depend on this one. And oh, you must have read some tweets that I am such in a good mood during my concert right? Well, how can I not be in euphoric state when the love of my life and my inspiration is my special guest in the concert?

 

 

I personally requested 2ne1 to be the guest performers on my last stop. Just like on my 1st ever solo concert, I want my second concert to be special. And what better way to make it special than sharing the same stage with the person you love.  I am so proud of 2ne1 especially of Dara when I watch them perform in the stage. It is not a secret that I am supposed to be their producer during their debut but due to my hectic schedule, YG Sajangnim changes his plan. That didn’t stop me from supporting them in any way I could. I was there when they were recording there first song. I was with them when they were brainstorming for their individual concept. I was with them when they first performed in music program. I was there to cheer for them when they won their first mutizen award. Some people may not know it yet, but yes, I am 2ne1’s number fan boy.

 

 

 

And Sandara, my lovely Sandara Park. My heart swells with pride and love as I watch her in the stage. The happiness that radiates from her while performing on the stage can rival even with the brightest spotlight. She may not be the best dancer and singer within the group but she possesses a certain charm that makes her stand out in the group. She is such a joy to watch.  And did I mention to you that I was the one who convinced her to audition in YG again when she failed the first time? I may have done so many mistakes in my life but convincing Dara to go after her dreams will always be one of the best decisions I’ve made in my entire existence. And for all those who are claiming that they are Dara’s number one fanboy, I’m sorry to disappoint them but I am Dara’s number one fanboy and supporter.

 

 

 

I can’t help but feel giddy when I remember the tweets coming from applers. Have you noticed the shirt and the style during my press con? Yes, I have to admit it now. Dara is my fashion icon and inspiration. Black shirt, jeans, necklaces, caps – I am such a copycat. But what can I do? Old habits die hard they say and wearing the same style has been our couple habit before. Maybe being together for how many years has made us adapt to each other’s style and fashion sense. Up to now, it still amazes me that we still coincidentally pick the same items without us knowing; hence the couple items.

 

 

My relationship with Dara now is so much better that what I’ve expected.  I am really grateful that after all the pains and sufferings I’ve caused her, she forgave me and still find it in her heart to be friends with me. I know, I am still unworthy of Dara’s goodness but I will try to be the best guy that I could be.

 

I also heard about the controversial butterfly mission that some VIP’s will hold tonight. From what I’ve read on twitter, this mission was supported mostly by applers. I also read malicious tweets from some of my possessive fans urging others to sabotage the mission. It really saddens me how some of my fans can think of such awful things. The hatred that comes out from their heart is very disturbing, or do they even have a heart? Thinking about it now, I’m glad that I listened to Sajangnim when he forbids me to declare on national tv my relationship with Dara during their debut days. But now, if ever Dara will accept me again, no one will stop me from declaring my love for her ; with her permission of course.

 

 

There are two missions for my last concert. One is the butterfly mission by the VIP’s and the Kwon Jiyong Mission. Only Sajangnim knows about my mission and after non-stop persuasion, I was able to get his approval. Have you ever wonder why the concert organizers suddenly made announcement prohibiting the use of cameras and other gadgets inside the concert venue? Well, that is Sajangnim’s way of preventing fans from gathering “EVIDENCES” according to applers.

 

 

“Knock! Knock! Knock!” I was cut-off from my dreamy world when I heard knocks in my dressing room.  I turned around and I saw 2ne1. CL entered the room first followed by Minzy, Bom and Dara.

 

“dug…dug…dug….dug...” Heart please calm down for a moment. My heart has this automatic function to beat faster every time Dara is around. I saw Dara smiled at me and the world suddenly becomes brighter. Her smile is one of the many things that I love about her. Whenever she smiles, you can see the sincerity that she is trying to tell you. Her smile calms my heart and soul. But who am I kidding, everything about her is perfection. She is my love, my life and my salvation.

 

“Jiyong oppa, congratulations on your successful concert tour.” Minzy went to me and give me a hug. I can’t believe that our baby Minzy is now a grown up lady. The resentment I felt towards myself every time I recall Minzy’s disappointed look during my jerk days with Dara is hard to forget. After asking forgiveness from Dara, I also ask forgiveness from the people around us and that includes our YG family.

 

“Wooohhh, Jiyong oppa is the B-E-S-T!!!” Chaerin went to me and give me a hug. Fans always mistook our close friendship into something romantic. We just laugh it off. Chaerin already told in so many interviews that she treats Bigbang especially GD and YB as brothers. She is naturally touchy and very comfortable with skinship and she is not afraid to show it on cam and off cam. Despite CL’s interview clarifying her relationship with us, fans still insists that we are romantically involve. Well, whatever floats their boat? We know the truth and they don’t so let them stay with their happy bubble.

 

“Yaahhhh!!! Jiyong fighting fighting yah yah yah!!!Bom noona went to me and punch my shoulder. Ugh, this girl really punches hard. I sometimes wonder if she has really forgiven me or maybe she still has a hidden grudge on me for treating her bestfriend badly. But I’m really glad that we are okay now. After I broke up with Dara, Bom noona totally treated like I am non-existent in YG. Out of all the YG family and even Dara’s family, it was Bom who gave me the most difficult time.  I felt like I underwent a military torture before she granted me her forgiveness.

 

“Jingyo Oppa fighting!” Dara went to me and give me a hug. I almost shed a tear when I heard what she just told me. Oppa. Yes she called me oppa. How long has it been since she called me Oppa. Calling me an Oppa has always been an issue for us. I am four years younger than her so she doesn’t want to call me Oppa but I always demand her to call me that. There were only few times when she will call me that. I remember that she will only call me Oppa during special occasions.  My hug for her tightens as I savor the feel of her body pressed closer to me. Can I just ask God to please stop the time at this very moment? Please God, please stop the time and let Dara and I stay like this. I hope time will stop so we will always be forever enclosed in each other’s arms.

 

“Hrrrmmmm…hhhrrrmmmm…hrrrmmmmm…!” We reluctantly let go of each other when we heard the exaggerated sounds coming from Park Bom. Hasist, Bom noona is really a er most of the time. I look at Dara and I saw her blush. Aigoo, kyeopta!! At this very moment, I had a sudden urge to just kiss her senselessly. Hmmm, if only. I look around and saw CL, Minzy and Bom looking at me with a teasing smile. I scratch my head and I can’t help myself but blush. Woooh, can you believe that? The mighty Kwon leadah is blushing!!!

 

 

“Thank you for granting my request to perform on my last league of concert girls. I will be forever grateful” I look at them one by one but my gaze stayed on Dara longer. My eyes are starting to get misty.

 

“Aigo Kwon Jiyong, stop being a drama queen will you. That is so gay.” Bom is being her y self once again. See, that’s how Bom noona shows her love for me.

 

“Yaah, Unnie stop bullying Oppa. He still needs to perform for her fans.” Mingki patted my shoulder to defend me from the meannie Bominator.

 

“Haahahahaaha!! Aigoo, sorry for that Jiyong oppa. Anyway, we have to leave you now. I know you will slay the stage later.” CL gives me her final hug before proceeding to the door followed by the other girls.  Dara smiled at me then turn around to follow the girls. I was just looking at her back when she suddenly stops. She turned around then walks toward me. She took something from her pocket and my heart swelled when I recognized that very familiar item. She took my hand and we just look at each other.

 

 

“Someone close and special to me, gave me this bracelet four years ago. According to him, this bracelet brings good luck and keeps the bearer away from harm. The bearer must make a wish before wearing it. If your heart is pure and it is what your heart yearns the most, your wish will be granted.” My heart clenched hearing the words that came out from . Those were the exact words that I told her when I gave her this lucky charm bracelet. I can’t help but get emotional seeing the first expensive item I bought for her during the start of our relationship. Tears fell from my eyes when she handed me the bracelet.

 

“Close your eyes Ji and make a wish.” Tears are making my vision blur but I can still see the beautiful smile on her face.  I followed her instruction. I close my eyes and made a wish. I uttered my wish in my mind like the whole world depended on it. Only one wish to make yet it almost took all my strength because I want the bracelet to feel my sincerity and my intention.  I felt her slip the bracelet in my wrist. I opened my eyes and I thought, I saw one of the beads sparkle before my very eyes.

 

“Good luck Ji, may your wish come true.” Dara took my wrist and kissed it together with the bracelet.  She turned around and leaves the room. I stand in the middle of the room with my heart beating so fast. I also kissed the bracelet and whispered what my heart yearns to say.

 

“Yes, please Dara. Make my wish come true. Please let my wish come true.” I smiled at myself as I gaze at my lucky bracelet. With renewed energy, I went out of my dressing room when they signaled that the show is about to start. Tonight, I believe G-Dragon will have to take a rest because Kwon Jiyong will be the one taking the stage. Tonight, Kwon Jiyong will perform for the fans, for her family and for the love of her life Sandara. Tonight, he will let the whole world know who butterfly really is.

 

The concert started with high energy from me, the dancers, the band and the fans. Loud screams and fan chants can be heard. My whole being is alive seeing my fans supporting me wholeheartedly. These people have been with in my entire career. I have been through a lot of scandals but they stayed with me through it all. They know my imperfections but they still love me and accepted me for who I am.

 

Fans are now surprised when they noticed that the set list is different from the set list yesterday.  They noticed that I haven’t performed Butterfly yet. I already instructed the musical director about the little changes in today’s setlist and hopefully everything will flow according to my plan.

 

2ne1 just finished performing and after their performance, they immediately went to their reserved seats in the audience. When my manager signaled that 2ne1 girls are settled on their seats now, I went to the stage wearing my Butterfly MV costume. The familiar tune of Butterfly is playing in the background and I can hear the fans screaming now.

 

I roam my eyes around the venue and I saw these familiar Korean fans. Yes, these are my loyal and true fans. I said true fans because when they discovered my relationship with Dara, they never hated me or Dara for that. They respected our personal life and even tried their best to protect us. I owe them big time for that. And I will be forever grateful to them.

 

I continued walking around and I saw this banner made by a fan. I felt giddy when I read what was written in the banner. “NYONGDAL” the banner says in hangul. I pointed at it and I saw the fan holding it and her friends smiled giddily. Hmmm, they must be some applers.

 

 I started singing Butterfly with all my heart. My eyes are searching for my butterfly along the crowd. My eyes got teary eyed when I saw her amidst the crowd. There goes my butterfly, my pretty butterfly. I continued singing and I notice that the butterfly mission is now happening. Beautiful glow in the dark butterflies and gold butterflies are being wave by the fans. I got emotional as I looked at the crowd. Even 2ne1 participated in the mission. I saw Dara holding a gold butterfly and a glow in the dark butterfly. My heart yearns to be with my real butterfly. It’s like my whole being is screaming to go near my butterfly so I took a quick steps in front of 2ne1.

 

The fans are now screaming when I stop in front of 2ne1. I continued singing in front of 2ne1 and they gamely stretch their arms to touch me like normal fangirls. They are also squealing and screaming.  But everything went silent when I took Dara’s hand and guided her back in the stage.

 

Confusion was written all over her face but I squeeze her hand tighter to reassure her that everything will be okay. When we reached the middle of the stage, deafening screams can be heard all around the place. I continued singing in front of Dara and the crowd not realizing that tears are now falling from my eyes. I am singing for her with all my heart. I am singing for my Butterfly. I am singing in front of Sandara Park for the entire world to see.

 

Dara was just looking at me while still waving her butterfly sticks. I can also see unshed tears in her eyes while still smiling at me.  We walk around the stage just like in the Butterfly MV.    I’ve waited too long for me to be able to sing this song for her in front of everyone and it is finally happening now. We just walk around the stage until the end of the song…

 

“lalala lalala…it’s your turn now!!!” Those were the last lyrics of Butterfly. I hold her hand tighter until the song ended. After butterfly song, Dara bowed to the audience and me and turned around. Before she can take another step, I started chanting this familiar word. The crowd went wild when they heard what I just uttered.

 

“Hello!!! Hello!!!” I saw her stop walking and turned around to look at me in disbelief. She had this “are you serious?” look in her eyes.

 

“Hello!!!” I continued chanting, urging the audience to answer back. They answered me gladly and after that, the familiar beat of our song Hello started playing in the background. The dancers joined us in the stage with a still dazed Dara. But after few seconds, Dara finally took hold of her emotions and started going along with me. It has been four years since we performed this together, but we have memorized every steps and lyrics by heart.

 

We performed our song together and we were brought back to the time when we performed it in my first solo concert. Anyone who will see me now will not fail to notice the happiness radiating from me. I am at my happiest whene I am with Dara. Fans always say that I am very different whenever I am with her. My eyes will always show my undying love for her whenever I look at her. My gummy smiles will always make a special appearance every time I am with her. This part of me only shows when I am with Dara. This part of me is only for Dara’s eyes to see and Dara’s heart to feel. Only for Dara, all for Dara.

 

We hugged each other tightly when we reached that part. Everyone in the audience is now standing as they are all waiting for the kissing behind my cap part.  I smiled at Dara and smirk at the audience before pulling out my stunt. I kneeled before Dara and pulled out something from my pocket. Dara’s eyes turned misty when she recognizes the familiar ring in my hand. I took her hand and slip the promise ring she gave me when we declared ourselves as official best friends before. Tears escaped her eyes when I kissed her hands. I stand up and wipe the tears falling from her eyes. We smiled at each other and after that I leaned down to kiss her forehead.  How I long to kiss her lips passionately in front of everyone else. I want to show the whole world that this girl in front of me is my inspiration, my life and my one and only love. I was brought back to reality when we heard the screams of the fans.

 

We face the audience together and wave goodbye as the song comes to an end. The light in the stage dimmed and we walk hand in hand towards the backstage. We proceed to my dressing room and everyone went out to give us a little privacy.

 

“You have five minutes Ji.” The musical director told me before closing the door. I didn’t waste any minute after that. In the entire five minutes, I told Dara everything. I told her what my heart, my mind and my soul yearns for. I face Dara and hold her hands.

 

“Dara, I had you before but because of my stupidity I lost you. I hurt you in unimaginable ways and I will always live my life feeling sorry for all the pains I’ve cause you. I know that I am not the best guy out there but I am trying to be the best version of Kwon Jiyong. I am working hard to present the best ever Kwon jiyong in front of you. I am sorry for being selfish but I can’t help myself from doing it. Will you forgive this selfish guy for still loving you? Will you forgive this stupid guy for not letting you go? Will you ever forgive me if I will fight for your love and not give you up? Sandara Park, will you give Kwon Jiyong a chance to win your heart back. Will you give me a chance to prove my love for you? Please Dara, give me a second chance. Please give me a chance to make you fall in love with me again Dara.”

 

I look at her and waited for her reply. She was about to answer me when we were interrupted by a knock on the door.

 

“Times up Ji, you have to go back to the stage now for the encore.” I was about to ask the director for additional time but Dara smiled at me and pushed me towards the door. I walk hesitantly towards the stage but before stepping in the stage, I glance back and I saw Dara looking back at me. There’s a warm smile in her face and she waves back at me and shouted fighting! With renewed energy, I went back to the stage to perform the encore for the final stage of my World Tour.

 

Author’s note: This chapter is dedicated to all the deprived applers who didn’t have DG moments in GD’s concert. So here it is, our butterfly stage and of course our very own impromptu HELLO stage. Jiyong finally asked Dara for a second chance.

Anyway, thank you once again for reading this story. And I’m sorry for the grammatical and typo errors, I do not proofread and I’m not an expert writer. Don’t forget to leave your reactions, opinions and suggestions.  Follow me on twitter @anita_linda10 and let’s spread Dara love in twitterverse.

 

Let’s all support 2ne1 on their comeback. Get ready for 2ne1’s #FALLINGINLOVE!

 

 

                                       HENGSHO linlin_10 ^__________________________________^