I'd Do Anything for that Boy.

Time has come

       XXIX- I'll DO Anything For Him.

    She was starring at this empty aquarium for now more than 10 minutes, not looking away or being disturbed by the phone which wouldn’t stop ringing. It was 9 in the morning and the sun was coming in forcing her to blink due to the string sunlight.  « There » she heard someone talking to her, she looked upon only to see a magazine being handed to her, « Asia Business. » he told her while sitting next to her on the white couch. « It’s from 1year ago but it was the only magazine I knew you would enjoy reading. » he said sighing. « Thank you honey. » she said taking the said magazine and patting his thigh. They then remained in silence, one reading, the other checking his phone. « She will soon be there. » the girl at the office told them, to which she answered with a simple nod.
He looked at his watch, 9:15 in the morning, they were supposed to meet at 8:45… he sighed looking around, the room was the same as he left it, same dust floating around or weird mood, only the secretary wasn’t the same. This one was younger and less vulgar than the previous one.
« Are you sure we still have to be here? » the man suddenly asked raising his head from her shoulder. « Oppa, we already talked about it. » she sighed. « Yeah I know. » he cut her, « But we’re back together, I really don’t see the point of coming here again. » he said « This thing cost me 175 Won each time… » he added whispering afraid she might hear him. But fortunately for him she was too focused on her magazine, « Oppa, we’ve been through a really difficult time. We were about to divorce just because of foolish misunderstanding.  …We could have lost everything… » she added in a sigh, putting her magazine on her laps, her gaze focused in the air. He looked at her suddenly realizing the chance they had to be back together again, a tiny chance next to the one they had to divorce. « If coming here twice a month is  one of the solution for us to get back on one’s feet then we’ll do it. » she said facing him.
 He starred at this face, this face he once thought he would never get the chance to wake up starring at it in the morning again, his gaze went down on her pink lips, he moved towards her, ready to put his lips on hers when the door opened, « Mrs and Mr Cho. Please come in. » the Dr Zhang Lyin said.

  The woman sat across on the solo couch, a pencil in her right hand, a notebook with « Cho » written on it, « So, it’s been 6 months right? Since you both decided to comeback together? » she asked them. « Yeah 6 months. » he agreed, « So? How things have been doing until now? » she asked them, writing things on her notebook. Kyuhyun looked at Seohyun, telling her to speak, thing she understood and immediately did, « Well as we told you all of our family took the news with happiness. They were all happy of course. » she said smiling. « Everyone? » the Dr asked raising an eyebrow, Seohyun and Kyuhyun starred at each other, a smirk appearing on his face, « Well not everyone, first I’m still trying for regain my parents-in-laws trust… » Kyuhyun said, « Then? » the Dr urged him, « Then all of my hyungs aren’t really happy. Wait, » he corrected himself, « They’re happy of course, but they’re waiting to catch me up. I screwed up once, they won’t let the incident happens twice. » he said not very proud of him,
« Anyway! » Seohyun tried to cheer him up, « Everything came back to its place, it’s like nothing happened during these 2years. Our children are happy to have their dad back to home and we learn from our mistakes. We do not talk about the past, we’re focusing on the future, our company is now focusing on the European market. And we’re showing good results. » Seohyun said taking Kyuhyun’s hand in hers. The Dr Zhang Lyin looked at them before switching the pages of her notebook, reading, starring at them, reading again and then facing them again. « Did you tell your children about your miscarriage? » she suddenly asked.
Seohyun remained puzzled by the question, she did not expect it at all, the truth was that she had kind of forgotten about it, she was shocked, she forgot about her dead baby, how could she. Kyuhyun was waiting for his wife’s answer, he noticed how she let go of his hands, putting them in between her laps, thing she would do when she was ashamed. « Joohyun ah, are you okay? »’ the Dr asked her, Kyuhyun who until now was laying on the couch, hiding behind his wife’s back, raised forward, looking for Seohyun’s attention. But the woman had her eyes locked on the doctor, it was now the time for him to be the one comforting the her, he took her hands in his, forcing her to open her legs, letting go of her hands she was until now blocking between her thighs. « The thing… » she first whispered, « Go on Joohyun ah, » the Dr helped her, « The thing is that I don’t want them to know about it. I only told my unnies about it, any of my parents or even my oppas are aware of it. » Seohyun finally said, « But why? » the Dr asked, « It may sounds absurd, but I did not want to ruin the mood, in the last 6 months, a lot of things happened. We celebrated three weddings and  two of my unnies got pregnant.  Everything has been doing well for everyone, I just did not know how to announce such a sad news. » she said letting a smile weak appearing on her face. 

Kyuhyun patted her back, it was true, Changmin got finally married to the architect girl Dasom, as well as Donghae and Jessica and Yuri while Hyoyeon and Nari announced their pregnancy, how could you announce Seohyun’s miscarriage without ruining the mood. Everyone seemed to have waited for Kyuhyun and Seohyun to get back together for getting married or making  babies;  they would  only be egoist announcing this now.
« What’s the real reason Joohyun ah? » the Dr asked taking Kyuhyun out from his thoughts.
« I don’t believe your excuse, Why don’t you want to tell about your miscarriage.? Are you ashamed of it? Because for once you failed doing something? » the Dr kept on asking not allowing Seohyun to answer.  
« No! I’m not ashamed!  Why would I be!? it wasn’t my fault!! I did not even know I was pregnant!» she screamed, « Honey.. » Kyuhyun tried to calm her kind of surprised by her sudden tone, « Yeah you’re not guilty so why are you punishing yourself Joohyun ah?! » the Dr asked her back.
Seohyun looked at the woman in front of her,  she was lost, « I’m not punishing myself. »  she answered perplexed, she wasn’t even believing what she was saying.
Kyuhyun remained speechless, of course Seohyun was not guilty or anything like this, he did not understand what the Dr was trying to say or do, he remained watching them. The two women starring at each other. A sudden tension filled the room, the same than the first time they came in 2 years ago. He watched as he did not understand the sudden change, the discussion seemed to go well and suddenly everything switched. He did not even know when,  it was something only the two women seemed to know, only a married woman could know, a feeling, only a mother could know.
 
« I’am not punishing myself. » Seohyun repeated.  « Then why aren’t you talking about it to your parents? Does your mother know? » the Dr asked.
« They wouldn’t care of you ruining the happy mood, your their unique daughter, the thing they’re the most proud of and cherish the most. You’re a mother Joohyun ah, you know this 6th sense mothers have, don’t you think your mother must have felt it? » the Dr asked.


« I did not tell them because they wouldn’t have forgive Kyuhyun. They would have think he was the one who caused this, my father would never allowed me to go back with my husband.  They would have hated him, they would have hated the father of my children. And never I would let this happen.  I would rather choose my husband over my parents" Seohyun said shocking not onnly the Dr but aslo Kyuhyun himself. Never he thouhgt she would choose him over her own parents.  "But as long as they don’t know about my miscarriage  I don’t have to make a choice...at least not right now.  »

 

 

"I'd rob and I'd kill to keep him with me
I'd do anything for that boy
I'd give my last dime to hold him tonight
I'd do anything for that boy"

 

I'm so sorrryrrry!! It's been a long time since I posted somehting on THC, and this is so sloppy.

But this is a warm up, I need to get myself in the story more deeply. I'll post something better next time.

Ali. <3