Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect

 

Author's Note: I'm sorry this one is ugly and plotless 10k of word vomit and I will hide in my cave after this T_T

 

 

 

 

 

Yifan had never said it out loud, but Kim Junmyeon was definitely the most beautiful person he had ever seen.

It amazed him how a person was fortunate enough to be blessed with an angelic smile. He had a hunch that when Junmyeon was born, God loved him just a little too much to give him perfection.

Yifan had been working for a year when Junmyeon came along. They were working at the same company but weren’t in the same division. That was why they never talked to each other. Heck, Yifan wasn’t sure if Junmyeon even knew him. The tall male felt content just by staring at the beautiful male from afar, observing his flawlessness and silently envying anyone who could approach Junmyeon easily.

Unlike him.

It was funny because as long as he lived, Yifan had never felt this way toward anyone before. His feelings were so strong for Junmyeon that he wasn’t sure if he was going to be able to ignore it. Sometimes he wondered why God didn’t want the two of them to meet sooner. Had it happened, maybe, just maybe...

Because even though Junmyeon was beautiful and perfect and flawless, there was only one problem.

Junmyeon was already taken.

Yifan had never asked directly, but the diamond ring that curled on the other male’s finger screamed everything. It showed the world that he wasn’t available anymore. The ring shone brightly that most of the times Yifan found himself wanting to selfishly take away the ring (but then it would mean breaking one’s marriage and it was a really, really bad thing to do). He envied the husband because if he were in his shoes, it would be the greatest gift on earth to have someone like Junmyeon.

(And he would surely never hurt the male).

They never talked, but they stumbled upon each other quite often. There were times when Junmyeon caught him staring and Yifan would quickly busy himself by doing nothing interesting—like glancing at the vending machine with a hand on his hip, pretending to think what would he have (although there was a huge notification posted on it saying ‘out of order’) or clumsily turned to any other direction whenever Junmyeon was about to walk his way (and usually ended up in a meeting room where at least twenty pairs of eyes turned to him when he walked in).

Yifan liked the way Junmyeon laughed (it was so beautiful and he would end up being sleepless because the laugh kept on ringing in his ears even at two in the morning). Yifan felt helpless at the way his heart thumping, screwing the pace of the beat whenever Junmyeon was around (which he would inwardly weep because the latter never even paid attention to him). Yifan also wondered if he was going to hell because he wished (and prayed) that he would never give up the chance if Junmyeon ever became single.

How sinful of him to think such thought.

But Yifan couldn’t think of anything else because only that way, he would be able to make Kim Junmyeon his.

And he would never let go.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

It was strange to think that even though Junmyeon was married, none of them had seen his husband.

His husband never picked him up at work, not even once—Junmyeon always took the train home. He also never brought the spouse to a few important events which everyone would usually take the opportunity to show off their lovers. Even in their daily conversations, Junmyeon never mentioned his husband—he would always give his friends an unreadable smile whenever they asked him about it (which caused his friends to stop asking).

Maybe Junmyeon wasn’t the type who would share about his private life. Or his love life, for that matter.

But the male was always smiling, so Yifan assumed he must be happy.

(And that no matter how brokenhearted he was at the thought, he needed to give up because Junmyeon was someone else’s).

Yifan stayed a bit late at the office one night because he had to prepare the papers for the presentation. The task was assigned to him at the last minute and it needed to be done by the morning. So he did. Yifan realized that most of his colleagues had gone home when he had just made himself a cup of coffee in the pantry before going home. He greeted the security politely before walking back to his office to gather his things and go home. He couldn’t afford to be late in the morning (but then he wondered why the hell did he take the coffee if he needed to sleep early tonight?).

The black haired male was about to pass by the rest room and at the same time, the door swung open.

“Ah—“

Yifan accidentally bumped onto Junmyeon and the latter cried when they collided. Yifan had always have a nice reflex, so it wasn’t difficult for him to get ahold of his balance. It was another story for Junmyeon. Yifan’s hand automatically reached for Junmyeon’s arm to prevent him from falling and his heart almost stopped beating as a thought swam across his mind.

Did I just touch Kim Junmyeon? .

Junmyeon whimpered as he winced in pain—maybe Yifan’s grip was a bit too harsh?—and immediately retreated from his grip. The older male couldn’t help but feeling a tinge of disappointment seeping into his heart at the gesture but shrugged it off.

He’s married, Yifan. He’s married.

“I’m sorry,” Yifan apologized awkwardly. “I didn’t see you.”

“No, don’t worry...” Junmyeon shook his head disapprovingly, his hand covering the spot that Yifan had touched. “It—it was my fault... I was careless...”

Yifan was dumbfounded.

There he was, alone, just the two of them, in such late hour in the office and all he could do was gaped. Yifan mentally kicked himself to remind that it was a golden opportunity to establish a conversation. But what should he ask? What should he say? What should he talk about? The Chinese male finally opened his mouth to casually ask why Junmyeon was still at work, but it soon dissolved into a frown. Junmyeon looked a bit pale and his fingers were still wrapped around his own arm.

“Are you alright?”

Junmyeon slightly flinched. “Y—yeah... I think...”

“...you think?”

“I—I honestly don’t remember. I think I bumped onto something this morning...” Junmyeon looked down at his arm and visibly bit his lower lip.

Yifan contemplated before asking. “Is it bad? Let me see it.”

“Eh?”

“Let me see it,” Yifan repeated sternly and Junmyeon looked scared. He briefly wondered if it was because of his face (he had a grumpy face, afterall) and carefully took the shorter male’s wrist. Junmyeon winced but did nothing to pull away. Yifan slowly rolled the other male’s sleeve to the elbow, revealing the smooth skin. He gulped (because dear God, he always thought that Junmyeon would have such a perfect skin but to be able to feel it with his bare hands was—) but his nervousness soon vapored into thin air at the sight before him. He didn’t have to reveal all of it to know that it was a bruise.

Even an angel can get bruised.

“It looks bad,” Yifan stared at him searchingly. “Are you sure you don’t remember?”

“Y—yeah...”

“You should go to a doctor.”

“I—I think so too...”

“Then you should leave now. I hope it gets better soon.”

Junmyeon broke into a shy smile but Yifan didn’t notice it because he was too busy staring at his arm.

“I probably should...”

It was a few moments later that Yifan realized he had been holding Junmyeon’s arm the whole time and quickly let go. He cleared his throat to break the tension. “Well,” he said. “Be careful on your way home.” Yifan nodded politely at the beautiful male before tapping a hand on Junmyeon’s shoulder and walking back to his office. He just wanted to leave as soon as possible, away from the male because being that close to Junmyeon just reminded him of how much he wanted him.

The tall male failed to notice Junmyeon was still standing on his track with his eyes on his back.

“Yifan,” Junmyeon whispered knowingly to himself, even though they had never introduced themselves before. “I’m scared...”

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Whenever the end of the month was near, it was always a pain for Yifan.

He had to stay extra late for endless reports. Usually Yixing would be there to help him and they would divide the tasks so it would be easier, but the other male was taking his days off so Yifan ended up doing everything all by himself. He grimaced as he gulped down his second cup of coffee that evening just to survive the sleepiness.

Fortunately, Yifan managed to finish early that night. He gathered his things and had never been that eager to go home before. The beautiful image of his bed waiting for him just kind of—no, very tempting. The male gave the night security a smile and a tired wave of hand as he passed by to exit the building.

“Ah, Yifan-shii, you’re finished early tonight. Is Junmyeon-shii not done?”

Yifan opened his mouth to reply but quickly closed it back. His eagerness to go home instantly vanished as the name of his (secret) crush was mentioned. The tall male turned around with a confused stare. “Junmyeon?”

“Yes. He’s been signing off pretty late too this week. Reports, I assume?”

Yifan pressed his lips into a thin line because he knew pretty damn well that Junmyeon didn’t do reports. With a sigh, he put his bag on the front desk counter before walking back to the opposite direction. “Thank you,” he said and started walking toward Junmyeon’s office. The security’s sentence replayed in his mind and it got him to think. Junmyeon had been staying late at the office lately? But why...? When he finally reached the said place, Yifan pondered. He hesitantly raised a hand to knock on the door. “Junmyeon...?”

There was no answer.

Yifan pursed his lips, his hand was still in mid air. Junmyeon could possibly had gone home when the security went to the rest room or when he didn’t notice. He waited for a while before deciding to knock again. “Junmyeon...?” He called out, a bit louder this time.

Still no answer.

Yifan sighed in resignation. Something in him wished that Junmyeon was still— Wait, why am I doing this? He facepalmed and shook his head in distress. Anything about Junmyeon easily distracted him. Yifan decided he would just check and if Junmyeon wasn’t in the room, he would go home straight. The male carefully touched the door knob and paused for a moment. Oh, what the heck, Wu Yifan. Just do it. He opened the door with determination.

The light in Junmyeon’s room was still on.

Yifan narrowed his eyes and scanned thoroughly around the room. The room was well organized and it seemed that Junmyeon had added a few things here and there to brighten the place. Yifan was too caught up in admiring the decoration that he forgot what his intention was and snapped out of his reverie. No one was there. The male nodded to himself and was about to close the door when his view accidentally caught a bundle on the couch and Yifan held his breath.

Junmyeon was sleeping on the couch.

Holy .

The Chinese male gulped nervously. After battling with his inner self, he mustered his courage to come inside and closed the door behind him as quiet as possible. Yifan took a deep breath before stepping closer to the sleeping male and briefly wondered if it was okay to wake him up. But surely Junmyeon didn’t plan to sleep in the office until morning...right?

Right.

Yifan knelt before the beautiful male and lifted a hand to pat the latter’s shoulder. “Junmyeon...”

Junmyeon flinched under his light touch, but his eyes were still closed.

Yifan deadpanned. The other male felt burning under his touch, even within layer of clothes. Yifan’s hand flew to Junmyeon’s cheek by instinct and clicked his teeth.

Junmyeon was really burning.

Panic bubbled in Yifan as he tried to wake Junmyeon again. “Junmyeon,” he called sternly this time and shook the male’s shoulder. “Junmyeon, wake up.”

Junmyeon hummed tiredly as he fluttered his eyes open. His orbs were directed straight to Yifan’s, and the latter felt his heart hurting at his bloodshot eyes. Junmyeon wasn’t just exhausted. It was more than that. He was ill. “Yi...Yifan...?”

Dammit. He knows my name?

“Why are you still here?” Yifan asked flatly, trying to keep his voice indifferent even though he wanted to party because it turned out his crush knew his goddamn name. “It’s late. You should go home.”

“...what time is it?”

“It’s already past eight.”

“Oh...” Junmyeon brought himself to a sitting position and pressed his hands on his face.

Yifan’s eyes dropped down to one of Junmyeon’s wrists and saw a handkerchief wrapped sloppily around it. A frown formed on his forehead as he slowly grabbed the other male’s hand. Junmyeon whimpered softly when he did, but Yifan was too stubborn to let go. He wanted to know. “What’s...this?”

Junmyeon bit his lower lip. “I... I accidentally hit my hand on the kitchen counter...”

Again...?

Yifan’s frown deepened as he slowly unwrapped the cloth. Junmyeon seemed to be doing his best to not burst out crying. Yifan gingerly held Junmyeon’s wrist in his hand and grimaced when he spotted a bruise. “Have you gone to the doctor?”

Junmyeon sheepishly shook his head and earned a groan in response.

“We’re going to the doctor,” Yifan said vehemently. “Call your husband and tell him you’re going home late.”

Junmyeon’s shoulders flinched at his last statement but Yifan barely noticed it. “I’m—I’m alright, Yifan—“

“I’m not taking any argument, Junmyeon. Can you stand?”

Yifan seemed scary when he said it and Junmyeon found himself nodding obediently. The bruise seemed to cause so much pain because Junmyeon kept on wincing and gasping everytime he moved. Yifan almost lost his patience. Junmyeon was hurt and he shouldn’t waste any time. The taller of the two leaned forward and Junmyeon instinctively pulled away in fear.

“Yi—Yifan?”

“Do you trust me, Junmyeon?”

Junmyeon’s eyes were filled with uncertainty and fear. Yifan knew it was strange for him to ask such thing, afterall they barely talked to each other, but he didn’t give up that easily.

“Do you trust me?”

It took Junmyeon quite a while to nod. “Y—yes...”

“Then obey me,” Yifan said softly and Junmyeon felt his entire body was flooded with warmth. The former stood up and leaned down to him, stretching both of his arms to his direction. “I’m gonna carry you on three.”

“Okay,” Junmyeon whispered as he felt Yifan putting one of his hands on his back. He closed his eyes in fear, mentally preparing himself for what was coming.

“Three.”

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

It was too late to make an appointment to a doctor, so Yifan opted for a friend instead.

Luhan seemed surprised when Yifan stepped into the room. The baby faced male faintly heard his nurse half shouting something along the lines like ‘we’re closed, sir!’ outside. He blinked his eyes in confusion. “Kris...?”

“Luhan,” Kris looked guilty as he spoke. “I’m sorry for bothering you so suddenly.”

Luhan broke into a wide grin and rose to his feet. “It’s not a problem at all. What brings you here? Do I need to inject you with something?” He joked but Yifan’s expression stayed bemused. The male rolled his eyes because Yifan still never laughed to his joke. On another thought, maybe his laughing vein had already been cut off when he was a baby. “Alright, alright. What can I help you with?”

“I...,“ Yifan said reluctantly. “I need you to check on my colleague.”

Luhan raised his brows, still having the mood to tease his friend. “You want to me check him up? Yifan, you know I date Sehun—“

Yifan shot him a desperate look and Luhan laughed in response.

“Can’t help it. My high school friend showed up suddenly looking serious and I just can’t not tease you.”

“He’s burning badly, Luhan,” Yifan said, completely ignoring Luhan’s sentence. “And his wrist is bruised. I don’t know—maybe you can just give him medicine to—“

“Whoa,” Luhan held up his hand to shut Yifan up. “Hey, it’s my job as a doctor. You don’t have to worry. Where is he? Is he outside?”

Yifan nodded in relief and thanked Luhan before walking outside.

Junmyeon was soon brought into Luhan’s room by the nurse. Before he went in, he shot a frightening look to Yifan, but the latter only nodded his head as if to say it was alright. Junmyeon hesitated for a moment before nodding back and disappeared behind the door.

Yifan waited patiently in the waiting room. He breathed deeply over and over again to calm himself down because the thought of Junmyeon inside the room with another person bothered him. But it was Luhan, and he trusted Luhan (and he would kill Luhan if anything ever happened). So he did nothing but wait.

After a moment that seemed like forever (while in reality, it was just fifteen minutes later), Junmyeon stepped outside the room and Yifan saw his bruised wrist had been bandaged properly. Judging from the soft hiss he made, Junmyeon was still in pain, but it didn’t seem to be as bad as before. Upon realizing Yifan’s eyes on him, he sent the taller male a shy smile and got a sincere one in return.

“It’s alright,” Luhan said as he appeared behind Junmyeon. “It’s not that bad. Just put on the ointment and drink the medicine. I’m sure it will heal in no time. Just be careful not to knock on anything else, alright?”

Junmyeon turned several shades of red and nodded. “I will...”

“Oh, Yifan?” Luhan seemed to remember something. “I forgot to tell you that our reunion is coming. Your invitation is in my room...” he motioned Yifan to follow him and the latter did as told. “You know Amber always hates it when we’re late—“ He shut the door and Luhan’s mild expression turned into a judging look, now that they were both alone. “Who is he to you, Yifan?”

Yifan looked startled by the sudden question. He should’ve remembered that Luhan was always able to read people easily. “He—“

“He wears a ring,” Luhan stated. “A diamond ring. Not even fake.”

“I’m just helping him—“

“Helping him?? If that ring really shows the status, that’s not even your job in the first place!! What do you think you’re doing??”

“I know!” Yifan exclaimed and soon felt guilty for shouting at Luhan. “I know...it’s wrong, but he was in pain and I just...”

They both said nothing afterward.

Luhan crossed his arms on his chest as he continued to gaze at his friend. His eyes went down to the patterned floor before sighing in defeat. “His wrist is almost fractured.”

Yifan looked up. “What...?”

“Almost,” Luhan repeated. “But it was the cause of the fever. I gave him a few painkillers. As long as it’s bandaged properly, it will heal soon.”

“I—I see,” Yifan slowly retorted. He failed to see the hidden meaning laced underneath Luhan’s words. “Thank you for your help, Luhan. I owe you one.” He made a move toward the door.

Luhan snorted and contemplated whether he should say it or not, but he had never seen Yifan acting this way before.

So he did.

“There was no way it was the kitchen counter.”

Yifan’s hand was already on the doorknob as he peered over his shoulder. “...what?”

Luhan bit his inner cheek as he fished his hands into his coat’s pockets.

“I think he’s abused, Yifan.”

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

The trip back to Junmyeon’s house was painfully silent.

Yifan hadn’t been the same ever since he walked out of Luhan’s room.

Junmyeon bowed deeply to Luhan before leaving—who only gave him a thumb up and wished him to get well soon in return. They had been engulfed in silence ever since, and Yifan only spoke whenever needed—like when he asked him which way should he take or turn and Junmyeon would answer with a soft voice. Yifan was so caught up in driving and drowned in his own thoughts that he failed to see Junmyeon’s longing stare at him.

Their journey slowly came to an end when Junmyeon told him that they had arrived.

It was a nice house, Yifan thought as he glanced outside the window. It was medium sized—perfect for newlyweds and Yifan inwardly groaned at his own thoughts. The minimalist house described Junmyeon’s personality perfectly, like it was made only for him. The Chinese male pulled over the car smoothly in front of the gate and waited. He carefully looked beside him and saw Junmyeon’s expression morphed into something unreadable from the reflection of the window. Yifan followed the latter’s gaze and noticed an expensive looking car parked on the front yard.

Nice car. Nice house. Nice job.

“He’s home,” Junmyeon whispered more to himself, but Yifan heard it.

His life is picture perfect.

Yifan noticed Junmyeon’s shoulders shaking slightly but he shrugged it off. “I’ll...see you tomorrow?”

There’s no way he’s abused.

Junmyeon’s eyes widened as he turned to him. He opened his mouth and it seemed like he wanted to say something, but no words ever came out. Junmyeon slowly closed his mouth and looked down. “...yeah. I’ll see you tomorrow, Yifan...”

You really shouldn’t do this, Yifan.

Yifan forced himself to smile and gestured to his wrist. “Be careful. Wouldn’t want to add more bruises,” he paused. “Good night, Junmyeon.”

He’s married.

Junmyeon smiled back and reluctantly got off of the car. Both of them waited. Yifan wanted to wait until Junmyeon came inside, but it didn’t seem like Junmyeon was going to move any moment. So he waved a hand as a goodbye and drove away first. Junmyeon stayed still on his track until Yifan’s car disappeared from his vision. Until there was no Yifan to protect him anymore.

He swallowed hard.

“Good night, Yifan.”

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon didn’t come to work the next day.

Yifan failed to notice this at first because he wasn’t at the office all day. His boss had assigned him to go meet a client with Yixing. Yixing almost choked because it turned out their client was a very nice looking lady with very short miniskirt. The male felt a bit sorry for her because none of them would be interested because he himself was gay, and Yifan...Yifan looked like his mind wasn’t on earth.

Everywhere he went, anything he did always lead him back to Junmyeon. The beautiful male was everything he could ever think. The possibility of him being abused bothered Yifan too much that he didn’t manage to concentrate.

But he’s always smiling. He looks happy. He doesn’t look hurt.

Yifan pulled out his hair in frustration all of a sudden and the client looked shocked at his gesture. Yixing laughed awkwardly as he kicked Yifan’s foot under the table and mentally facepalmed.

When the agonizing client meeting was done and they were back at the office, Yifan found his feet automatically walking to Junmyeon’s office. Yixing gave him a disbelief look and decided that he would just let his weird friend do anything he liked for the day. Yifan was determined to ask Junmyeon straight about it. He didn’t even knock for permission as he swung the door opened—

—only to find that it was dark.

Yifan became speechless at the darkness. Had Junmyeon gone home?

“You’re...looking for Junmyeon?”

A hesitant voice made Yifan spun around. He was greeted with a pair of big eyes, which were filled with genuine confusion. Yifan closed the door behind him and dumbly nodded.

“He doesn’t come today.”

“He doesn’t...?”

The doe eyed male nodded. “Called in sick. Something about a fever.”

Yifan pressed his lips together as he looked down. Junmyeon did have a fever last night... But Luhan said it was caused by the bruise. What if it got worse? What if Junmyeon didn’t take the medicine? Or maybe... Maybe he just wanted to take a day off. He did look unwell...

The doe eyed male shot Yifan a strange look before walking away with the files in his arms. Yifan ran a hand through his hair and told himself to calm down. Calm down, Yifan. Junmyeon’s not coming to work doesn’t mean something awful happened. It was probably nothing. Heck, how could he think of anything bad while Junmyeon was probably alright? Yifan took a deep breath before walking back to the office he shared with Yixing.

(In the end, he couldn’t stop thinking about it and ended up driving to Junmyeon’s house after work. The husband’s car was there and Yifan immediately went home).

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon still didn’t come to work the next day and Yifan almost couldn’t take it anymore.

Yifan stared at his phone before putting it back on the table. He leaned his back on his chair before straightening up and caused it to squeak. He took a deep breath and sighed and took another deep breath and sighed again with his chin rested on his palm. Yifan thought he really needed to make sure that Junmyeon was alright because everything about the latter just drove him insane. Even though he knew it was wrong because Junmyeon was someone else’s.

But...

It was alright if he wanted to be there as a friend, right?

Right.

“You know,” Yixing piped up from his desk. “Just move your and go to the place you have to be.”

His colleague looked completely fine with him being weird, but apparently not fine enough with him being hyperactive. Yixing raised a brow to Yifan’s direction as he sipped his coffee.

“I’ll survive working these papers. Just be back before lunch.”

Yifan wanted to hug Yixing tightly for understanding but managed to prevent it from happening. The handsome male wasted no time to dash to his car. He sped up before realizing that he still needed to stay in one piece and reduced the speed. Yifan was already halfway to Junmyeon’s house when he came to think.

What if the husband was home? What if Junmyeon wasn’t home? What if...?

By the time Yifan realized it, he had already arrived at the pretty house and the first thing he noticed was that there wasn’t any car in the front yard. The male breathed in relief and waited in the car, fingers rapping against the steering wheel. He pondered if he should do this—meeting Junmyeon, ask him, get an answer, get to sleep well at night—or just go straight back to the office.

The first one won.

Yifan slowly brought his hand to knock on the door and waited.

There was no answer. There was also no sound inside the house. No sound of a television. No sound of footsteps. No sound of life.

Yifan became panicked.

His knuckles rapped vehemently on the oak door. “Junmyeon,” he called out. “Junmyeon, it’s me.” He didn’t stop banging his hand on the poor door and had an irrational thought about breaking in when suddenly, the door was unlocked with a click sound. It slowly opened to reveal the owner of the house.

“Yifan...?”

Yifan held his breath at the sight before him.

Junmyeon’s lips were swollen and obvious trail of dry blood was still there.

Yifan felt his knees wobbling and he had to lean to the door. Dammit, he hated it when Luhan was right.

“Yi—Yifan?” Junmyeon whispered in disbelief. “What are you—“

“Your lips,” Yifan interrupted.

“This—“ Junmyeon’s hand flew to his own lips and the taller male noticed his wrist was still bandaged. So much for accidentally hitting the kitchen counter. Junmyeon looked uncertain with himself as he spoke. “This—I—“

“Stop lying,” Yifan coldly said and Junmyeon fell silent. The male looked terrified and avoided his gaze. Yifan sighed in exasperation and brought a fist to mouth. “...start packing, Junmyeon.”

“...what?”

“I said start packing,” Yifan said between his clenched teeth. He had no idea why he was this angry. Perhaps it was because he didn’t understand why someone would want to hurt Junmyeon, when all he ever wanted was just to protect him. “You need to get out of this house.”

Junmyeon choked a sob. He looked very inadequate when he threw a gaze at Yifan. “But...but where?”

Yifan looked determined when he spoke.

“Somewhere you’ll be safe.”

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

‘Somewhere you’ll be safe’ turned out to be Yifan’s apartment.

Simply because he couldn’t think of any place else.

Yifan hung his head in shame because he didn’t plan on to be a hero, but he really didn’t want Junmyeon to stay on that house anymore. What if his husband came home and snapped at Junmyeon and it was worse than a bruise? He shuddered at his own thought and tried to distract his mind by dropping the shorter male’s bag onto the couch.

The bag was quite small, it made him wondered if Junmyeon brought enough things for himself.

Junmyeon was still standing by the door with hesitation chiseled on his face. His hand curled into a loose fist on his mouth. “Yifan...?”

“Hm?”

“Is—is it okay if I stay here...?”

“Of course.” Yifan stared at him blankly and felt stupid for not asking Junmyeon first. “Do you have any other place you can crash into?”

Junmyeon seemed to be in thought before shaking his head shyly. “Kyungsoo lives with his boyfriend...so, um... I mean, is your boyf—or girlfriend alright with you bringing me...here?”

Yifan snorted into a smile as he walked into the kitchen to make drinks. “I’m not seeing anyone at the moment and you shouldn’t worry about things like that.”

“You’re not seeing...anyone?”

“Yeah.”

“Oh,” Junmyeon whispered.

“On the other hand,” Yifan took two cups from the cupboard and placed them on the counter. “Is it alright with you? I mean, I’m not the one who’s in a relationship... If you don’t want to stay here, we can always find another place.”

Junmyeon stared in silence.

Yifan stared back. “Just as long as you’re safe.”

I’m safer here.

Junmyeon shook his head as an answer and gave him a calming smile. “Here is alright.”

I want to be with you, Yifan.

Yifan’s heart almost stopped beating at how pretty those lips when they curved upward.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon took a few more days off from work.

Having Junmyeon in his apartment somehow brought a positive change to Yifan’s life.

His apartment became much cleaner and instant food were soon replaced by healthy home cooking (Yifan wept inwardly because oh dear God, how he wanted to have a boyfriend who could cook). On the second day of Junmyeon’s stay, the male made Yifan a lunchbox to be brought to the office which caused Yixing to break into an impish grin.

“Ooh. You have a boyfriend?”

Yifan chose to ignore the question.

Even though they weren’t in a relationship (friends...or roommate?), but it was nice to come home to someone. Yifan thought he would like to have this kind of feeling forever, especially if it was Junmyeon. Whenever Yifan was still standing by the doorway prying his shoes off, Junmyeon would always come to him with the earnest smile and offered to take his bag (sometimes the younger male would show up wearing an apron and Yifan would inwardly sob because it made him feel like his husband—sadly he wasn’t). It never failed to cause his heart to skip a beat especially when Junmyeon asked him how was his day. And then after Yifan finished changing, Junmyeon would drag the taller male to the dining table to eat.

Junmyeon never ate his dinner without waiting for Yifan.

It became a routine for them and it made Yifan to feel so damn special.

The feelings were growing bigger and bigger until one day, Yifan just couldn’t hold it anymore. He was starting to wonder if it was a mistake to let Junmyeon stay, because he was starting to think that he wouldn’t be able to let him go. His days were filled with Junmyeon’s laugh and Junmyeon’s kind smile that Yifan couldn’t bring himself to think what would he become if the male suddenly decided to leave. If he suddenly decided to go back to his previous life.

To his husband.

It had almost been a month since they ‘lived’ together.

Junmyeon seemed to keep something from him lately, but Yifan forcefully told himself that it wasn’t a problem because they weren’t married or anything. They never talked about the abusion, too. All he could find out was that the marriage was arranged—and selfishly felt grateful because at least Junmyeon did not have feelings whatsoever toward his spouse. Yifan also knew Junmyeon had been going out for groceries and he tried not to think about the possibility of anything else. He kept on convincing himself that Junmyeon wouldn’t leave, but how could he be sure? All good things surely came to an end, would what they have do too?

Yifan had been occupied with his own insecurities that he didn’t realize Junmyeon had been staring a little too much at him.

“Yifan...?”

“Yes?”

Junmyeon shyly smiled as he finished gulping his food. “Do you think it would be alright for me to go out tomorrow?”

Yifan was stunned by the innocent question. His chopstick hovered in front of his mouth, but it never delivered the food. Yifan slowly put the noodle back into the bowl. Why did Junmyeon ask him that? And who was he to say no?

“Sure. ...but you never asked before.”

Junmyeon blinked. He didn’t expect that kind of reaction. “Cos—cos this one,” he stammered as he played with the food in his bowl. “Is different. I—I might go home late tomorrow...or, if it takes too long...I might...”

Yifan unconsciously gritted his teeth. His fear was coming true. Junmyeon was going back to his old life. Yifan wanted to scream in frustration, because how come Junmyeon wanted to go back to that house, after all that he had been through?

His face must have shown it because Junmyeon turned pale in front of him. Yifan mentally berated himself before sighing softly. If it was what Junmyeon wanted, it couldn’t be helped. Like he told Luhan, he was just helping. “...it’s alright. Just be careful.”

Or was he hoping for something more?

Junmyeon beamed at him. “I will, Yifan...”

Yifan ignored the way his heart aching by the blinding smile and continued eating like nothing happened.

Afterall, he was nothing to Junmyeon.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon apologized in the morning for not being able to make him lunch today.

Yifan nodded and tried to be casual about it, although he wanted to beseech like a childish son who nagged at his mother.

Because once again, he was no one to Junmyeon.

The tall male looked like hell when he stepped into the office. Yixing looked up to him from his desk before breaking into his trademark grin. Yifan grunted at the expression because he knew what was coming. “Don’t even think about it.”

“Did you break up with your boyfriend?”

“Shut up.”

Yixing laughed as he waved a hand dismissively toward Yifan before shoving the taller male a cup of coffee. “Don’t worry, it’s just a boyfriend. There are plenty of fish in sea. Speaking of fish, you should see the new staff. He’s such a cutie pie. Everyone’s been ogling over him since yesterday.”

Yifan made a face at Yixing. “What new staff? Did anyone quit?”

“Yeah, that Kim Junmyeon.”

Yifan spilled his coffee all over the stack of papers on the table and Yixing winced in horror. “...Junmyeon?”

Yixing ignored the fact that he had to be panic right now because damn, the papers were important and shook his head dramatically. “Didn’t you know? Man, you need to socialize more, Yifan. Like a week ago, I think...?”

A week ago.

“,” Yifan dragged a hand down his face. “.”

“What’s wrong? He owed you something?”

“I’m going home,” he muttered before dashing to the door. He heard Yixing hysterically screaming that they needed to finish tons of things and needed to reprint the papers he had just spilled with his coffee. Yifan clasped his hands as a sign of apology before running away for sure. “Bad headache, sorry Yixing, I’ll make it up to you.”

“Yifan, I’ll kill you—“

But Yifan knew he would never be alive again if Junmyeon ever left him. He didn’t care if Yixing would tear him to pieces the next time he came back to the office because Junmyeon was much more important. Anger was starting to form in him at the thought that the other male lied to him—but wait, he didn’t have the responsibility to tell him anything. Yifan groaned because all he ever wished was that for Junmyeon to not leave him and that was all.

That was all he wanted.

Yifan reached his apartment in a record time and almost broke into the living room. He breathed in relief when he spotted Junmyeon was still there with his eyes widened in shock at the sight of Yifan coming back early. Way too early, in fact.

“Yi—Yifan?”

Yifan awkwardly raised his hand. “Hi.”

Junmyeon blinked in confusion. “Hi...? Did you—did you forget something?”

“I—no. Just wondering if you—if you need a ride.”

“Oh. Don’t worry, I’m okay,” Junmyeon softly replied. “I’m just gonna take the bus. Are you alright?”

Yifan dumbly nodded. All of the questions he wished to ask disappeared and he was quiet.

“Yifan...?”

“Why didn’t you tell me you quit, Junmyeon?”

Junmyeon looked taken aback by the question. “That’s—“

Yifan shook his head, not allowing the other male to speak. “What else did you not tell me about? Maybe this one? About where you are going?”

“It’s—“

“You’re planning to go back to your husband? To the man who has hurt you? To feign your life like it’s some kind of picture ing perfect??”

Junmyeon looked stunned.

“What kind of sweet words did he promise you? That he would never hurt you anymore, is that it??”

“Stop!” Junmyeon cried.

“Why should I stop?? All the things I’ve said were true! Or do you despise the fact that I’m bad mouthing your husband?? You are ing angry because you know what I’m saying was right and yet you want to go back to him—“

“Yifan, stop!” Junmyeon covered his ears helplessly with his hands. “You’re scaring me!”

“You’re scared??” Yifan’s voice was so loud that Junmyeon whimpered in fear. “If you’re scared, then don’t leave!!”

Everything seemed to stop moving the moment he said that. Yifan soon regretted himself for saying those words, but if he didn’t, he would regret it even more. He saw Junmyeon’s eyes widened at the remark and the male’s hands slowly dropped down to in front of his chest. “What...?”

Yifan lowered his head to hide his ragged breath from all the shouting. He exhaled deeply through his nose. “Don’t leave...” Yifan looked up to stare at Junmyeon. He wished Junmyeon would obey. He wished Junmyeon would say yes. He wished Junmyeon would stay because even though he was married, Yifan wished for him to stay beside him. “Please...”

But Junmyeon didn’t seem to want the same thing. His eyes became teary when he spoke. “Yifan, I have to...”

Yifan snorted sadly. “You don’t.”

“I have to,” Junmyeon insisted with his voice quivering.

Yifan groaned as he took a step forward to grab Junmyeon’s wrist. The latter gasped in surprise when Yifan took away the wedding band rather roughly. Junmyeon turned pale when the ring was finally out of his finger. The taller male held the ring in front of him in dislike and grimly spoke. “This prevents you from staying.”

“Yifan,” Junmyeon whispered.

“If I throw this away...”

“Don’t,” Junmyeon shook his head pleadingly.

It was like Junmyeon had just slapped him hard on his cheek because Yifan felt a terrible pang flooding his entire body. He wanted to scream and throw the ring for real, but Junmyeon’s expression told him that the latter didn’t want him to do such thing. Yifan could feel his heart breaking and looked down to the carpeted floor.

Junmyeon doesn’t want any of this.

Wordlessly, Junmyeon grabbed his jacket and headed to exit the room. He didn’t look at the taller male as he passed by, but his hand grazed Yifan’s when he reached for his wedding ring. Yifan closed his eyes, feeling woefully hurt at the rejection. Junmyeon resumed his walking to the door without looking back, but as he reached the entrance, he heard the handsome male called out for him.

“Junmyeon.”

Yifan’s tone was cold and Junmyeon found himself flinching.

“Y—yes...?”

This is it.

“Goodbye,” Yifan said flatly.

This is what you want, right, Junmyeon?

“I hope you’re happy with him.”

Junmyeon’s eyes widened at the words. He opened his mouth to reply, but Yifan’s back on him was like an obvious sign that he didn’t want to hear anything else. Suddenly tears were rushing to spill over from his eyes and Junmyeon quickly turned around to leave because somehow, his heart hurt so much that it must have bled.

If only Junmyeon knew that Yifan’s heart bled harder.

It was over.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

It had been a few days since Junmyeon left.

It had also been a few days since Yifan came home to an empty apartment.

It was funny because Junmyeon didn’t bring the rest of his clothes with him. Yifan was tempted to throw everything away, everything that reminded him of the beautiful male, but hesitated because it made him hoped that someday, Junmyeon would come back to claim them and it would get them to meet. Even though it would only be just for a few hours. Or sixty minutes. Or three hundred seconds.

With the absence of Junmyeon, Yifan slowly grew back to his grumpy personality. Beer and instant food were back being his best friends. He had been burying himself for extra work and had been the last one who went home for the whole week. Yixing tried not to mind his colleague’s behavior (he was still angry at the insensitive tall male for neglecting him last week), but as days turned to weeks, Yixing decided that he needed to do something to save Yifan’s life (or maybe unceremoniously dump him to the nearest dumpster, he still wasn’t sure).

“Look, Yifan,” Yixing started as he deliberately threw the (unhealthy) lunch for the umpteenth time that week into the trashcan. Yifan glared at him in protest and Yixing sighed as he swept a few strand of bangs from his forehead. “I know we’re not the bestest friends, but I’ve known you since last year and as a colleague, I just want to tell you that for ’s sake, make up with your boyfriend.”

Yifan’s protest dissipated instantly and he gawked in disbelief. “What...?”

“You’re obviously miserable without him!” Yixing squeaked as he threw his hands to the air. “Admit it! Man up and apologize and do whatever needed to win him back!”

“I can’t—“

“Why not? Oh my God Wu Yifan, not only you’re the most unsocialized person I’ve ever known, it turns out you’re also the most obnoxious one too! Look at yourself! You look like...like an ugly dragon! Can’t you see that you need him?”

Yifan’s throat went dry as he looked down to himself. On second thought, it was probably because of the salt from the french fries, but Yixing was right. He had been so miserable without Junmyeon. They weren’t exactly in a relationship but the beautiful male had caused this much on him that it affected his life.

But...if only Yixing knew it wasn’t that easy.

Because Junmyeon was married. If he was only dating someone else, Yifan would definitely never give up chasing him. Yifan would never be bored to tell him that he was the one and that he didn’t want anyone else. But what could he do? Kneel on his knees and beg him to divorce? The Chinese male nearly choked as he buried his face on his hands. He was so desperate to want Junmyeon to come back but he had no idea what to do.

Yixing observed him for a brief moment before sighing. “Well, Kyungsoo is coming and I’m gonna grab lunch with him—“

Yifan lifted up his face abruptly. “Kyungsoo?”

Yixing blinked nonchalantly. “Yeah, Kyungsoo.”

The name sounded familiar. Where did I...? Yifan frowned as he tried to remember when or where he heard the name was mentioned. “We have a Kyungsoo in the office?”

Yixing rolled his eyes in exasperation. “Oh my God, Yifan, you should—“

Junmyeon.

“Wait—Kyungsoo who lives with his boyfriend?”

“Huh? On second thought, you’re not that bad. How did you know?”

“Because he’s in love with my best friend and he doesn’t realize it.”

A voice suddenly piped up from the door and both of the Chinese men turned their heads to the source. Yifan was a bit taken aback because it was the doe eyed male from the other day.

“Kyungsoo,” Yixing greeted awkwardly as he raised a hand. “Your best...friend?”

Kyungsoo ignored Yixing and fixed Yifan a vindictive look. The latter held his breath because he was still in the middle of processing Kyungsoo’s words and he was sure there was (an awful lot of) hatred in those black orbs, too. When he managed to register the said words, he gasped as he realized Kyungsoo was right. He was in love with Junmyeon.

Still is, actually.

“Where is he...?” Yifan found himself asking automatically.

“Why do you want to know?” Kyungsoo snorted and crossed his arms. “You bade him goodbye when he needed you the most. Do you have any idea what you have caused my friend? Do you have any idea what he’s been through? You offered to help him and then what, you dumped him, just like that?”

Yixing exchanged his glances back and forth between Yifan and Kyungsoo. He was lost, but for this one time, he didn’t ask.

“But...,” Yifan said with his lips trembling. “But he wanted to leave.”

“Has it ever occured to you that he might be taking care of something?”

“But...but he didn’t want me to take off of his ring.”

“Isn’t it just rude to take it off without official papers?”

.

Yifan groaned as he pressed a hand on his face. Kyungsoo was right. How could he be so insensitive like this? Junmyeon could be going through a rough time and...and wasn’t he the one who take him out of that damn house?

Maybe he deserved losing Junmyeon, afterall.

“Kyungsoo-shii, could you—“

Kyungsoo threw him a scary look and for once, Yifan felt his soul shrinking. The Chinese male swallowed thickly because he knew it was his fault, but this time, he knew that he had to fix everything.

He knew what he wanted.

“Please,” Yifan pleaded desperately. “Could you please tell him to come home...”

Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes to Yifan in dislike. However, his eyes softened at the last sentence and Kyungsoo shrugged slightly. “It’s up to him.”

With that said, he left their office.

Yixing slowly turned his head to Yifan, wondering if he should say a thing or two to make him feel better. But if Kyungsoo was angry, then Yifan must have made a terrible, terrible mistake. The male decided to just give him a gentle pat on the shoulder before following Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

It was at the end of the week when Yifan realized how badly he missed Junmyeon.

Yixing had called him earlier, asking if he wanted to hang out with his friends, but Yifan politely declined it. He must have been that pathetic so that Yixing was kind enough to make the effort to call him and ask. Yifan tried to forget everything by sleeping but after the phone call, he wasn’t sleepy anymore. He groaned into his pillows when he faintly heard knockings on the door. Why wouldn’t anyone just be nice and leave him alone for the day?

The tall male gathered his strength to slide out of the bed. He lazily dragged his feet to the door and didn’t bother to look who it was and opened without thinking—

—only to find that Junmyeon was standing in front of the door.

Yifan froze.

Their eyes met in the straightest stare but they had completely different reactions. Yifan’s orbs were filled with shock and disbelief while Junmyeon’s with slight sadness and hope.

It was Junmyeon who break the tension first by smiling to the Chinese male. “Hi...”

Yifan was too stunned to reply anything.

Junmyeon got nothing in response. The male lowered his head in embarrassment before asking,

“Can I come in?”

“You have keys,” Yifan blurted out without thinking and that was right, he had given Junmyeon his keys. He had access to his place—so why bother knocking?

“I know,” Junmyeon replied softly. “But I thought...you wouldn’t want me to come in without informing first.”

Yifan finally got a hold of himself and stepped aside to let Junmyeon in. The shorter male thanked him quietly and stepped into the room. Junmyeon’s jaw dropped at how messy the place was. Last time he was here, it wasn’t this bad. “Oh my God. You should—you should’ve hired a maid or something—“

“I don’t want to.”

“But...” Junmyeon trailed off and shot him a questioning look. “Were you too busy to clean the place? Did you come home late? Did you have late meetings?”

“I—“ Yifan wanted to make up few reasons because he didn’t want Junmyeon to know that he was helpless without him. He paused for a second before deciding that he would just be honest with his feeling. “You weren’t there.”

“Huh?”

“You weren’t there, so I couldn’t function properly,” Yifan said. “I need you in my life, Junmyeon.”

Junmyeon slowly brought a hand to cover his mouth. He tried to look for a hint of mockery in the other’s face, but there was none. “But—but you—you were the one who said goodbye—“

“Because I thought you wanted to leave me,” Yifan palmed his face and groaned at his own stupidity. “I thought you wanted to leave me, so it was better for me to say it first because it would surely hurt to hear it from you.”

Junmyeon started to cry underneath his palm. “You pushed me away because of that...?”

Yifan shook his head in exasperation as he stepped closer to the crying male. “I’m sorry, Junmyeon. I’m sorry.” He slowly pulled the other male into a hug and exhaled gratefully when Junmyeon didn’t shy away from his touch. “Where have you been...?”

“My—my parents,” Junmyeon softly choked.

“Your...parents?”

“B—but...your husband...”

Junmyeon looked up to meet Yifan’s gaze and shyly shook his head. “It’s over.”

Yifan’s eyes widened in disbelief. He tilted Junmyeon’s chin with a finger to get a good look at the pretty face. “...for real?”

Junmyeon shyly nodded and did his best to not burst out crying. “For real.”

The shorter male let out a gasp as Yifan leaned forward to capture his lips in a passionate kiss. Junmyeon let out a soft moan because he had been longing for this, but the condition they were in before prevented it from happening. The male closed his eyes when their lips touched because Yifan gave him a feeling that he was wanted and he slowly kissed back. It felt like a dream came true. He had always imagined Yifan would be gentle when they kissed, and his hunch was right.

Their pace slowered and Junmyeon found himself whispering the older male’s name.

“Yifan...“

“I’ve been wanting to do this,” Yifan said desperately between their breaths as he broke the kiss. “You have no idea how much I wanted to touch you but I couldn’t...”

Junmyeon choked back a sob. “You can, Yifan. You can...”

Yifan gently smiled at the reply before softly bringing their lips back together. Junmyeon kissed back softly and let Yifan took control of him completely. Their kisses had gotten so intimate that Yifan wanted more. The taller of the two pushed Junmyeon backward, deeper into the living room with an arm wrapping securely around his waist. Junmyeon had to hold Yifan’s arms tightly so that he wouldn’t trip backward (but even if he did, he was sure Yifan would easily catch him).

Their lips never got separated for a moment.

Whenever Junmyeon broke the kiss to gasp for air, Yifan would soon claim it back, not allowing Junmyeon to get away from him any longer.

Their kisses and their touches had gotten more heated that Yifan failed to see where they were heading. Everything was just hazy and breathtaking at the same time. Junmyeon let out a soft cry when his back hit the wall and the other male quickly pulled him into an embrace, rubbing a hand on the back affectionately to soothe the pain away. They chuckled at the clumsiness for a second before Yifan continued to kiss Junmyeon and guided the beautiful male to the other direction to the bedroom.

Somehow they made it to the bed, and slowly, but surely, Junmyeon was stripped out of his clothes. When Yifan wasn’t claiming his lips, he was claiming the other places. Junmyeon bit his lower lip to prevent a moan coming out because it tickled yet somehow turning him on so bad when he felt Yifan biting his collarbone, or the sensitive spots he never knew existed—just a few inches above his waist line.

Junmyeon moaned in shame when Yifan grabbed and tried to push him away. “Yifan—not—not there, it’s dirty—“

It was probably a mistake because it got Yifan to stop completely still, but his hand was still between Junmyeon’s crotch. The Chinese male directed a straight look at Junmyeon’s face and the latter’s cheeks turned crimson under the gaze. He bit his lip guiltily, wanting to apologize for being so inexperienced because he had never been touched before. Not even by his ex husband.

Yifan’s expression was unreadable and Junmyeon thought he understood if Yifan wouldn’t want him anymore.

“You’re a ,” Yifan stated blankly.

Junmyeon looked scared and embarrassed at his reaction. “I’m—I’m sorry—“

“Don’t,” Yifan shook his head as he wondered if it was because of his grumpy face (because seriously, Junmyeon didn’t need to apologize) before meeting their lips softly again. “I’m honored.”

Junmyeon sniffled and completely surrendered himself to Yifan when the latter touched him again. He leaned weakly into the touch, feeling all of his emotions mixing—embarrassment, happiness, excitement, fond, affection...they were blending that he didn’t know what he felt anymore. Yifan’s hands felt foreign yet right on his skin at the same time.

“Junmyeon.”

“Y—yes...”

“There’s no turning back after this.”

Junmyeon felt Yifan shifting their bodies to a more comfortable position. The male lied on his back with Yifan hovering protectively above him. The taller male smiled kindly to him and Junmyeon felt small yet very safe and loved by his affectionate gestures.

“It’s not too late to change your mind,” Yifan said slowly between their kisses. “Because after this, you are mine and mine only.”

Junmyeon stifled a sob as he let Yifan caught his lips once again.

“Because after this, I’m gonna be the first and the last man to ever touch you.”

Junmyeon gasped against Yifan’s lips before sobbing a yes.

“Because after this, you’re gonna have to stop being picture perfect and share everything with me.”

Because he wanted to be Yifan’s.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

The morning came too soon and Yifan was the first one to wake up between them.

He blinked his eyes rapidly for a moment before remembering what had happened the night before. Yifan’s eyes flew open and caught the person he loved was still sleeping soundly beside him. He had never felt this complete before. For the past few weeks, he had been waking up with a miserable feeling that the view of Junmyeon still in a deep slumber before his eyes was like an oasis. He could live with this feeling forever. If it was Junmyeon, it was definitely alright.

Junmyeon’s hands loosely curled into fists in front of his chest and Yifan them fondly. He continued to stare for a while before pressing a kiss on Junmyeon’s forehead and pulling the blanket up to his shoulders. He caressed Junmyeon’s hair caringly and started to fall into deep thought.

What would happen after this?

Yifan didn’t know. But what he knew was that he would never give up to make Junmyeon his. If Junmyeon ever doubted him, he would never give up to convince him that there was no other one. Yifan’s heart swelled ten times bigger because his love to Junmyeon was so huge, it wasn’t able to fit his tiny chest.

But first, he needed to do something about that abusive husband of his.

Yifan slowly trailed his fingers on Junmyeon’s arms. It had been a few weeks and the bruises had completely healed. Junmyeon’s skin looked so damn smooth and Yifan found himself breathing in relief. The one in his arm had gone, and the one in his wrist had also disappeared. The taller of the two consciously entwined their fingers together and brought the smaller hand to his lips.

He frowned.

Something was off.

Yifan took a deep breath and held it as realization dawned upon him.

Junmyeon’s fingers were free from any accessory.

.

“Yifan...?” Junmyeon whispered sleepily. Yifan wondered if he was sleep talking because his eyes were still closed. “Is it...is it wrong to fall for someone when the status was not divorced yet...?”

Yifan almost choked at his question. Was. Was that the reason behind the disappearance of the ring? He felt Junmyeon tightening their grip as he waited for an answer. Yifan swallowed the nervousness down his throat before countering the question with another question.

“Is it wrong to fall for someone whose status was still married?”

Junmyeon’s eyes cracked open and Yifan leaned down to capture his lips.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

End.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon moved in with Yifan that week.

They went to Junmyeon’s house to pack. By ‘house’, it meant Junmyeon’s house where he lived with his parents and not the one where he lived with that ex husband of his—Yifan refused to say his name.

Junmyeon was very detailed even at packing. He brought a few large boxes and directed Yifan to put the clothes and books in separate boxes (if it were only Yifan, he would’ve just tossed all things together into a box until it was full before filling the other box). Yifan was done with a box of clothes when he came back to the living room and noticed his (now officially) boyfriend observing something.

Yifan walked closer to take a look.

Junmyeon was holding a dark colored velvet box.

Yifan immediately knew what it is. His boyfriend cradled the box in his hand for a moment before opening it. Inside, there was a beautiful diamond ring that used to curl on his finger. Junmyeon stared at it for a long time with a deep thought. Yifan felt jealousy was starting to bubble inside him and snatched the thing away.

Junmyeon gasped. “Yifan—“

“This belongs here,” Yifan stated nonchalantly as he tossed the ring into the large box with ‘Trash/Unimportant’ paper posted on it. He quickly pressed his lips into Junmyeon’s and looked annoyed as he pulled away. “I’ll buy a new one for you. A nicer one, even. You’ll like it more than the old one.”

With that, Yifan walked away to continue his working with a straight face and Junmyeon found himself smiling very happily.

“I’ll be waiting, then.”